Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 18:41 - Nov 3 with 5130 viewsmonmouth

Shite

FA f*ck things up again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

VAR on 18:44 - Nov 3 with 3600 viewsswan65split

3. Minutes!!!!! Excuse ...it wasn't clear!........play on then ffs.
VAR on 18:56 - Nov 3 with 3548 viewsmonmouth

Just seen there's comments on the other thread, but this is wider than todays game. I would hate it if we were subject to this shit. Nothing is certain until verified by TV. It needs obviously to be only for CLEAR errors and the game should not be stopped until the ref gets the message with the decision already made by the people with the monitors and it should have to be within 15 secconds - after all it is clear and obvious, or should be. Not a fingernail offside.

VAR on 19:09 - Nov 3 with 3501 viewsJBT95

How on earth was Dele's handball not a pen?

Seems to work in UEFA/FIFA competitions but the Premier League have put their own rules on it and it isn't fit for purpose.
VAR on 19:13 - Nov 3 with 3487 viewsladyjack

VAR on 19:09 - Nov 3 by JBT95

How on earth was Dele's handball not a pen?

Seems to work in UEFA/FIFA competitions but the Premier League have put their own rules on it and it isn't fit for purpose.

Ive already just said on another thread, the English don't know how to use VAR.
VAR on 19:15 - Nov 3 with 3477 viewsmonmouth

VAR on 19:13 - Nov 3 by ladyjack

Ive already just said on another thread, the English don't know how to use VAR.

Let me guess. We need a Welshman in charge at the FA and then VAR would be eulogised?

VAR on 19:15 - Nov 3 with 3477 viewsjojaca

I am enjoying VAR from an entertainment point of view. Just think the ones making the decisions need to act quicker, but it will keep evolving and a bit of patience is needed.

Even when you know, you never know?

VAR on 19:17 - Nov 3 with 3458 viewssainthelens

VAR on 19:15 - Nov 3 by jojaca

I am enjoying VAR from an entertainment point of view. Just think the ones making the decisions need to act quicker, but it will keep evolving and a bit of patience is needed.

The only PL team I wanna see suffering through VAR are Citeh.
VAR on 19:25 - Nov 3 with 3435 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am becoming more and more convinced that they are deliberately trying to discredit VAR, they don't want it.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 19:28 - Nov 3 with 3429 viewsladyjack

VAR on 19:15 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Let me guess. We need a Welshman in charge at the FA and then VAR would be eulogised?

The FA need a total culture change, unfortunately for them they are a laughing stock.
VAR on 19:42 - Nov 3 with 3392 viewsploppy

VAR on 19:15 - Nov 3 by jojaca

If VAR is entertaining you then you need to watch a different sport. There is nothing entertaining in waiting for VAR to make a decision.
VAR on 20:28 - Nov 3 with 3328 viewsMrSwerve

VAR on 19:42 - Nov 3 by ploppy

If VAR is entertaining you then you need to watch a different sport. There is nothing entertaining in waiting for VAR to make a decision.

In football it is shocking but the TMO in rugby is actually quite entertaining and interesting, I think. Different sport though, obviously.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

VAR on 20:53 - Nov 3 with 3290 viewsploppy

VAR on 20:28 - Nov 3 by MrSwerve

In football it is shocking but the TMO in rugby is actually quite entertaining and interesting, I think. Different sport though, obviously.

Rugby is a more stop-start sport anyway so it's not so bad. Must be me then - I get no pleasure in waiting for TMO/VAR to make a decision. I know they try and increase the tension by playing some throbbing music in rugby (or used to anyway) but to me that's just like the fake tension they try and create in competitive TV shows like Bake Off or X-Factor. And I find it as entertaining as those.
VAR on 21:06 - Nov 3 with 3259 viewstaffpunk

I'm not a fan of it, but it has won me a fair bit of money lately. I bet red cards and penalties to be awarded quite regularly, the odds have dramatically been reduced on the pens, but red cards are still good value though.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

VAR on 21:09 - Nov 3 with 3249 viewsmonmouth

VAR on 20:28 - Nov 3 by MrSwerve

I think it's made rugby worse too. Sport is about human error, players and officials. I accept and understand the opposite argument about 'correct' decisions.

VAR on 21:26 - Nov 3 with 3213 viewsJack123

VAR on 19:25 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

I am becoming more and more convinced that they are deliberately trying to discredit VAR, they don't want it.

I have always thought that, since they introduced it.. purposely taking too long.. It's like we don't want it, let's make the fans hate it.

libera nos a malo

VAR on 23:49 - Nov 3 with 3090 viewstheloneranger

The biggest problem you've got is someone refereeing a Premier League match on a Saturday and then VAR ref on a Sunday or vice versa etc. They're very reluctant to overrule each other or make someone look stupid.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

VAR on 00:26 - Nov 4 with 3067 viewsTimTtam

It's a necessary evil. The correct decisions need to be made. The people making the decisions have to do it better and faster though. Hopefully that will happen over time.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

VAR on 06:30 - Nov 4 with 2983 viewsNotLoyal

Liverpool goal scrubbed out, clearly a goal.
It's shocking.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

VAR on 08:15 - Nov 4 with 2920 viewsMorfa_Same

The thing with VAR is it's only as good as the idiot operating it. In the Watford-Chelsea match it was Mike Dean and in the Everton-Spurs match it was Anthony Taylor. No amount of technology can compensate for a useless ref.
VAR on 09:29 - Nov 4 with 2867 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Any party that includes the abolition of VAR in its manifesto will sweep into power on December 12th.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

VAR on 09:42 - Nov 4 with 2847 viewsDewi1jack

VAR on 19:25 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Thought this since its inception.

Nobody has ever been allowed to question the likes of Mike "never wrong" Dean and VAR just shows him to be the dogsh1te ref we all know he actually is.
The bloke has to be the centre of attention. Whereas we all know the best refs are the ones in control but are very much in the backgound.

Maybe VAR needs ex refs to watch it during the game and inform the ref on the pitch if something happens.
Would speed things up.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

VAR on 11:21 - Nov 4 with 2776 viewsOldjack

VAR is great if it works in your clubs favor

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

VAR on 11:31 - Nov 4 with 2764 viewsswan65split

VAR on 09:42 - Nov 4 by Dewi1jack

Nobody has ever been allowed to question the likes of Mike "never wrong" Dean and VAR just shows him to be the dogsh1te ref we all know he actually is.
The bloke has to be the centre of attention. Whereas we all know the best refs are the ones in control but are very much in the backgound.

Maybe VAR needs ex refs to watch it during the game and inform the ref on the pitch if something happens.
Would speed things up.

Todays refs are crap, Saturday at Scumdiff, their last goal , player was treated for an injury, never went off the pitch, as should have...in the move following the re start said player scores .
What does Colin do? feck all , never mentions it!
VAR on 11:37 - Nov 4 with 2760 viewsA_Fans_Dad

VAR on 09:42 - Nov 4 by Dewi1jack

Would speed things up.

The point is the whole world sees how crap they are because the TV companies do their own"VAR" and show just how bad some of their decisions are.
They can't hide even if they do make us all hate VAR.
VAR on 12:08 - Nov 4 with 2727 viewsploppy

VAR on 11:31 - Nov 4 by swan65split

Todays refs are crap, Saturday at Scumdiff, their last goal , player was treated for an injury, never went off the pitch, as should have...in the move following the re start said player scores .
What does Colin do? feck all , never mentions it!

Haven't seen the incident in question, but if a player receives attention as a result of a foul for which the opposing player is booked, the player receiving attention doesn't have to leave the field.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024