Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommendations 21:58 - Nov 4 with 6185 viewsgogo

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help. We are from Ireland and our son is huge Swansea fan..we are looking to bring him to a match in the new year but as it will involves ferries/planes, hotels etc I’m looking for some tips.
Firstly we are hoping for a home game in January, preferable after the Charlton match as that’s just too close to Christmas on the pocket. I’ve had a look at tickets and can’t see anything up yet after that match? Any guaranteed fixture for liberty stadium in late January?
I’ve also seen jack pack tickets .. and idea of these are cheaper or worth it? I think they are part of the fan club? I looked to join before but they don’t post out of the uk so there was no point paying and not receiving anything ..any decent hotels close to the stadium..

Apologies for all the questions, he’s a massive fan and living in the midlands of Ireland gets a lot of stick for it from the local lads who are of course either Man U or Liverpool. He stands his ground and says he’s a jack till he dies so I want to make this special for him, he’s just turned ten and Santa will be bringing this as I’m guessing it’s his last year for Santa (if he dosent know already) :) It’s a struggle it get anything Swansea related over here at all, so we are going all out and hopefully making it a trip to remember. One last thing can liberty tour dates be used on any day or have to be ore booked?

If you’ve read this far, thanks a million any info at all appreciated for a little Irish Swans fan!
Recommendations on 22:12 - Nov 4 with 4246 viewsdickythorpe

I'm sure you'll get some advice and help on here.

Have you tried contacting the club?
Recommendations on 22:17 - Nov 4 with 4224 viewsgogo

Recommendations on 22:12 - Nov 4 by dickythorpe

I'm sure you'll get some advice and help on here.

Have you tried contacting the club?

No, to be honest, was going to ring the ticket office.. but didn’t think I could actually ring the club directly .. will hunt a number down and call tomorrow.
Recommendations on 22:17 - Nov 4 with 4223 viewsCooperman

How long are you planning on staying for?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Recommendations on 22:19 - Nov 4 with 4210 viewsbuilthjack

Are you driving over?
Loads of hotels in town, which is a 10 minute drive to the stadium, or a bus ride, or a tenner taxi fare.
Wigan on 18th Jan. Not likely to be switched for tv.
Tickets - how many you after? What ages? You will most probably be able to buy someone's season ticket for the day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Recommendations on 22:21 - Nov 4 with 4199 viewsbuilthjack

01792 616400 ticket office

To find ticket on sale dates type in "swansea city on sale dates" and the link will be there
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 22:23]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Recommendations on 22:28 - Nov 4 with 4179 viewsgogo

Thanks for that, ferry seems easiest bet, rosslare to fishguard. Drive them to hotel close enough to the stadium. Two adults and two kids (10 &7). Staying for two night, arriving the day before a match so we are not wrecked tired on the big day. If we get accommodation right enough could make it three nights.. again depends on how close to Christmas the match is. Flying would be cheaper, but the cost of bringing the car balances out after we factor in traveling after landing I think.
Thanks again
Recommendations on 22:38 - Nov 4 with 4156 viewsexhmrc1

Your best option is to telephone the club ticket office to see if they can help with tickets or tours and the club shop who can send on any shirts etc you wish to purchase. There is also a website https://www.store.swanseacity.com
I attach contact numbers
Swansea City Contact List
SWANSEA CITY AFC
Liberty Stadium, Landore, Swansea, SA1 2FA
Tel: 01792 616400 (Mon — Friday: 9am — 5pm)
Fax: 01792 616606
Email: info@swanseacity.com
Liberty Stadium Club Shop: 01792 616400
Ticket Office: 01792 616400

Be aware match dates are sometimes changed for TV so dont try to book too far in advance

Selections for 11th December to 11th January - by 1st November.
Selections for 18th January to 1st February - by 6th December.
Selections for 8th February to 29th February - by 3rd January.

Probably your best way over is the Rosslare to Fishguard ferry and then to drive to Swansea. There are a number of hotels in Swansea as well as B&Bs. I attach a link to booking.com as well as Premier Inns and Travelodge.

https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e3wAvoFJYTCjh_TZsZKTxhizVUCUweQqSMPBYcxllPl1K-57bNK

https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e3UkPMK1InmNkL_tA8xUfKaTVUCUx7MF_P8GXhPffsT2Y6GvgBM

https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e3pGsA0QhOyrkX_ezuvls6VzVUCUyXoEAIWBbD-kS8q4kjKx3qz

https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e38aKpRZEG8QOflYb8f13xUzVUCUxy-uNAzIla9nhcpDpULW26p
Recommendations on 22:45 - Nov 4 with 4136 viewsCooperman

Recommendations on 22:28 - Nov 4 by gogo

Thanks for that, ferry seems easiest bet, rosslare to fishguard. Drive them to hotel close enough to the stadium. Two adults and two kids (10 &7). Staying for two night, arriving the day before a match so we are not wrecked tired on the big day. If we get accommodation right enough could make it three nights.. again depends on how close to Christmas the match is. Flying would be cheaper, but the cost of bringing the car balances out after we factor in traveling after landing I think.
Thanks again

I just love hearing about stuff like this.

First things first, when your lad gets his hands on his Christmas prezzie tell him to go into school and answer the pi55 takers with the line of “at least I’m going to get to see my team play”. My lad used to be in the same boat when he was in primary school as the dads had their lads following ‘their’ team. This used to spin down to mickey taking in the playground which soon stopped when my lad told them that he’d been to Old Trafford more times than them. VVankers.

You can get into Bristol for under £100 each with Ryanair and that includes checked luggage so can you get the car over on the boat for less than that? If flying you would also need to factor in transport from Bristol airport which is a good 90 mins by car.

Plenty of hotels to choose from, as Builth says. We have a chain here called Premier Inn; they are very reasonably priced, provide a good breakfast and are generally in good condition. Most of the PI’s have family rooms that can sleep four people. Have a google for Premier Inn UK.

If you are taking the ferry option then I would also suggest that you try and cover some time in West Wales; Tenby and the surrounding area is one of the most pleasant places across the whole of the UK and it’s ideally placed for your ferry crossing.

Good luck with it; don’t hesitate to ask more questions.

Merry Christmas Gogo.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Recommendations on 23:02 - Nov 4 with 4101 viewsexhmrc1

As Cooperman has said we have 3 Premier Inns in Swansea. This is the most suitable for a family with kids of your age
https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/wales/glamorgan/swansea/swansea-waterfro

It is about 1 mile from the centre of the city and about 1 and 1/2 miles from the Liberty. The Premier Inn city centre is on Swansea's main nightlife street so perhaps not best for kids.

If you order the kit and souveniers now he will have them for Christmas.
Recommendations on 23:04 - Nov 4 with 4097 viewsgogo

😃 Hes a great young lad, takes it all on the chin, I love seeing him at his own soccer training, always spot the Swansea kit in the sea of red .. although after relegation last year he didn’t want to go to school and cried for days. That’s the only time it got to him. I was full sure he’d change teams then, but he picked himself up, and told me when your a swan till you die Mam that means your a swan till you die.. that’s what it means, you can’t just change, told me he’s not a fair weather supporter. Proud out of him.
I’ve ordered stuff on the Swansea Shop and gotten loads on eBay.. if you’ve ever sold your kids old gear on eBay.. chances are it’s me who bought it 😂

Thanks a million for the above info, I’ll call the ticket office tomorrow. Really appreciate
Recommendations on 23:16 - Nov 4 with 4077 viewsladyjack

Recommendations on 23:04 - Nov 4 by gogo

😃 Hes a great young lad, takes it all on the chin, I love seeing him at his own soccer training, always spot the Swansea kit in the sea of red .. although after relegation last year he didn’t want to go to school and cried for days. That’s the only time it got to him. I was full sure he’d change teams then, but he picked himself up, and told me when your a swan till you die Mam that means your a swan till you die.. that’s what it means, you can’t just change, told me he’s not a fair weather supporter. Proud out of him.
I’ve ordered stuff on the Swansea Shop and gotten loads on eBay.. if you’ve ever sold your kids old gear on eBay.. chances are it’s me who bought it 😂

Thanks a million for the above info, I’ll call the ticket office tomorrow. Really appreciate

Lovely story, hope you all have a great time.
Recommendations on 23:23 - Nov 4 with 4065 viewsmajorraglan

Recommendations on 22:28 - Nov 4 by gogo

Thanks again

Not sure how the Ferry prices stack up, but wouldn’t have thought there is much change of £450 because the prices tend to be very steep. You are better off flying to Bristol, (it’s cheaper than Cardiff) and hiring a car for the weekend, you should be able to get flights for about £30 each return and if you hook early enough via a comparison site ( money supermarket or something similar) you may get a car for about £50 plus additional insurance.

There are plenty of hotels in Swansea, if it were me I would be looking at staying down towards the Marina, if you have a car have a look at parking arrangements. I can’t recommend any specific hotel as I never use them, maybe other posters can assist with that, but I have used Premier Inn elsewhere and they are decent. Pack the kids bathers and you can take in the LC 2 swimming pool. Book early and price things up and you should be able to get some good prices.

Edit, apologies to the other posters for repeating, I was typing up my post and hadn’t seen the others come in. Kids used to eat free in Premier Inn.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 23:32]
Recommendations (n/t) on 23:30 - Nov 4 with 4043 viewsFireboy2

Premier inn in the centre of the city do family rooms that sleep 2 adults and 2 kids, it is close to all the restaurants and only a 10 min bus ride away from the ground plus its close to the marina which be a nice place to visit.

You could also use airbnb to search for a property, when i last came down i looked and there were about 4 terraced with 3 bedrooms very close to the stadium, you could use one of those or book a city centre hotel, whatever you do i hope you all have a great visit YJBs
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 23:43]
Recommendations on 23:32 - Nov 4 with 4037 viewsgogo

Good advice re traveling, Irish ferries fluctuate a lot, i priced it for the charlton game and came in at 245€ (about 230£) return which is a great price. Plus we’d have our own car. But the charlton game is just a little too close to Christmas for us. Outside of that timeframe the ferry was around 450€ .. it will depend on what tickets I can get, if I got the ferry for around the 245 return it would be class, plus means we can bring all the crap that the 7 year old can’t travel without, basically toys - essentials in his head. Really depends on date of travel, our own car would be great if we can get a good price, will price flights as well though.
Recommendations on 23:37 - Nov 4 with 4024 viewsgogo

Ha I may be Irish but even I know a derby match mightn't be the best option for our first outing 😂
Recommendations on 23:43 - Nov 4 with 4016 viewsFireboy2

Recommendations on 23:37 - Nov 4 by gogo

Ha I may be Irish but even I know a derby match mightn't be the best option for our first outing 😂

My bad gogo, sorry about that matey
Recommendations on 00:05 - Nov 5 with 3990 viewsexhmrc1

You could book a ferry and rail ticket if the car is expensive from Rosslare to Swansea leaving Rosslare on the 8.00 ferry to Fishguard arriving Fishguard 11.15 then the train leaves Fishguard at 12.50 changing at Carmarthen and arriving Swansea 14.50 cost £114 advance ticket returning from Swansea 20.11 arriving Fishguard 21.59 after changing at Carmarthen then getting the ferry from Fishguard 23.45 arriving 4.00 in Rosslare single fare £114v total £228

When you say the midlands of Ireland is that near Athlone
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 0:07]
Recommendations on 08:14 - Nov 5 with 3812 viewsPegojack

It's great to hear abour this young man. Good luck, I hope you have a fantastic trip.
Recommendations on 08:43 - Nov 5 with 3787 viewsswan65split

Throwing a spanner in the works here , but you could also try a mini break, taking in West Wales , not sure if its cheaper than Hotel/Inn , but take a look
https://www.coastalcottages.co.uk/search-pages/special-offers/125-deals/?utm_sou

Personally I would find it easier with the car/ferry with 2 young children in tow.
As stated have a great trip,and bring us some luck at the same time.
Recommendations on 16:54 - Nov 5 with 3657 viewsexhmrc1

Did you manage to get hold of the ticket office and what did they tell you
Recommendations on 17:40 - Nov 5 with 3616 viewsoldcob

Not trying to put a downer on things, but if it's in January and the weather is bad the ferries could be cancelled and you could lose out. Knowing your lads dedication it would be nice if the club arranged a tour of the ground and training facilities. It would be good PR for the club too. My great grandfather was from the midlands (Limerick I think) until he took the Kings shilling. When I first started supporting Swans in the 50's we had a large Irish contingent playing. Good luck with your plans, if I had the room I would put you up myself.
Recommendations on 18:02 - Nov 5 with 3594 viewsdickythorpe

Yes January is a Dreadful month for travelling.
Recommendations on 18:41 - Nov 5 with 3563 viewsjohnlangy

Recommendations on 23:04 - Nov 4 by gogo

Fantastic story gogo. I hope you get to come over. You'll have a great welcome.
Recommendations on 20:20 - Nov 5 with 3507 viewsgogo

Thanks a million for all the replies, tried the ticket office today but no answer, didn’t get a chance to call them again but will try again tomorrow.
We are from laois, about 50 miles from Athlone. Laois is slap bang in the middle of ireland. As country as it gets over here 😂
Ferry is definitely the easiest option for us with the kids, but good point about the weather has me thinking now about that.. disaster of sailing was cancelled. Hopefully get through o then tomorrow to confirm a match date so can price travel then.
Recommendations on 20:33 - Nov 5 with 3486 viewsNotLoyal

Recommendations on 20:20 - Nov 5 by gogo

Thanks a million for all the replies, tried the ticket office today but no answer, didn’t get a chance to call them again but will try again tomorrow.
We are from laois, about 50 miles from Athlone. Laois is slap bang in the middle of ireland. As country as it gets over here 😂
Ferry is definitely the easiest option for us with the kids, but good point about the weather has me thinking now about that.. disaster of sailing was cancelled. Hopefully get through o then tomorrow to confirm a match date so can price travel then.

Are you ringing the right number?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024