Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommendations 21:58 - Nov 4 with 6183 viewsgogo

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help. We are from Ireland and our son is huge Swansea fan..we are looking to bring him to a match in the new year but as it will involves ferries/planes, hotels etc I’m looking for some tips.
Firstly we are hoping for a home game in January, preferable after the Charlton match as that’s just too close to Christmas on the pocket. I’ve had a look at tickets and can’t see anything up yet after that match? Any guaranteed fixture for liberty stadium in late January?
I’ve also seen jack pack tickets .. and idea of these are cheaper or worth it? I think they are part of the fan club? I looked to join before but they don’t post out of the uk so there was no point paying and not receiving anything ..any decent hotels close to the stadium..

Apologies for all the questions, he’s a massive fan and living in the midlands of Ireland gets a lot of stick for it from the local lads who are of course either Man U or Liverpool. He stands his ground and says he’s a jack till he dies so I want to make this special for him, he’s just turned ten and Santa will be bringing this as I’m guessing it’s his last year for Santa (if he dosent know already) :) It’s a struggle it get anything Swansea related over here at all, so we are going all out and hopefully making it a trip to remember. One last thing can liberty tour dates be used on any day or have to be ore booked?

If you’ve read this far, thanks a million any info at all appreciated for a little Irish Swans fan!
Recommendations on 20:37 - Nov 5 with 1899 viewsmagicdaps10

What part of the midland of Ireland do you live?

Just noted, portlaoise.

Probably best coming over by ferry as you state. Passed through laouse many a time on my cross country drive up to Donegal...... Tend to go Dublin and towards Carrick on Shannon and Sligo these days.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 20:42]

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Recommendations on 20:38 - Nov 5 with 1897 viewsJackfath

Hi Gogo. Carry on posting and meet a few people off here. You'll be poster of the Year 2019.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Recommendations on 20:46 - Nov 5 with 1879 viewsexhmrc1

Recommendations on 20:20 - Nov 5 by gogo

Thanks a million for all the replies, tried the ticket office today but no answer, didn’t get a chance to call them again but will try again tomorrow.
We are from laois, about 50 miles from Athlone. Laois is slap bang in the middle of ireland. As country as it gets over here 😂
Ferry is definitely the easiest option for us with the kids, but good point about the weather has me thinking now about that.. disaster of sailing was cancelled. Hopefully get through o then tomorrow to confirm a match date so can price travel then.

Swansea is a fair bit bigger than Athlone. I went to a wedding there years ago and the reception was in some upmarket place in Roscommon. The one good thing is games are rarely cancelled at the Liberty as it has undersoil heating but the ferry might be a problem

Are you dialling 0044 to get into the UK. The number will be 00441792******
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 21:18]
Recommendations on 20:52 - Nov 5 with 1870 viewsoldcob

Suggest you take out a decent insurance if travelling by ferry. Disappointment would be bad enough, without financial loss.
Recommendations on 22:49 - Nov 5 with 1827 viewsBanosswan

Recommendations on 20:52 - Nov 5 by oldcob

Suggest you take out a decent insurance if travelling by ferry. Disappointment would be bad enough, without financial loss.

Awesome that your children are dedicated to us. Did they start supporting us due to premier league exposure? I don't care about the 'riches' of the prem, it's getting more people from anywhere loving Swansea that enthuses me.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Recommendations on 23:57 - Nov 5 with 1792 viewsGlyn1

The Swansea Bay tourist office might be able to recommend accommodation:

https://www.visitswanseabay.com/listings/where-to-stay/

Staying near the coast seems a better idea than near the ground, especially if you're all from inland. Makes a change anyway.

You could also take them to the Pantomime (Peter Pan) at the Grand - [Insert Your Own Joke Here].
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 0:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Recommendations on 08:58 - Nov 6 with 1729 viewsoldcob

Recommendations on 23:57 - Nov 5 by Glyn1

The Swansea Bay tourist office might be able to recommend accommodation:

https://www.visitswanseabay.com/listings/where-to-stay/

Staying near the coast seems a better idea than near the ground, especially if you're all from inland. Makes a change anyway.

You could also take them to the Pantomime (Peter Pan) at the Grand - [Insert Your Own Joke Here].
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 0:00]

That Peter Pan needs to grow up.
Recommendations on 23:11 - Nov 12 with 1588 viewsgogo

:) I was using the wrong dial code.. bit of a blond moment. I got through finally to them and she advised next match was Wigan and tickets will go on sale on the 8th.. no guarantees either. So I’m going to buy the tickets on the 8th but leave ferries etc until after Christmas. She also said tours don’t take place on match days but they would do a half time shout out to him, which would be amazing!! I’ll try and book tour for the day before the match if I can.
Happy enough once I have tickets for him to have Christmas morning, I’ve ordered a load of stuff from the Swansea store also, scarfs, flags and stuff and a big gift bag to put it all in spot will hopefully look great, being 10 he won’t understand(or care) about the logistics of it really, once he has tickets he will be trolled I hope, I’ll hopefully be able to work out the finer details.

He started supporting Swansea as my husband was watching a Swansea match a few years back they were losing and they were both shouting for them to come on, and they did and won! He would have only been about six or so. I have no idea who they were playing but he thought it was great. We thought it would be a short lived thing but my husband started getting him the match scores every week and players names and that and it went from there.

Thanks again for all the help. Our match outing in Swansea is turning into a full blown holiday with way it’s going 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Recommendations on 23:18 - Nov 12 with 1578 viewsgogo

I should add, that my husband supports Liverpool so was secretly gutted
Recommendations on 23:25 - Nov 12 with 1569 viewsTNT

Recommendations on 23:11 - Nov 12 by gogo

:) I was using the wrong dial code.. bit of a blond moment. I got through finally to them and she advised next match was Wigan and tickets will go on sale on the 8th.. no guarantees either. So I’m going to buy the tickets on the 8th but leave ferries etc until after Christmas. She also said tours don’t take place on match days but they would do a half time shout out to him, which would be amazing!! I’ll try and book tour for the day before the match if I can.
Happy enough once I have tickets for him to have Christmas morning, I’ve ordered a load of stuff from the Swansea store also, scarfs, flags and stuff and a big gift bag to put it all in spot will hopefully look great, being 10 he won’t understand(or care) about the logistics of it really, once he has tickets he will be trolled I hope, I’ll hopefully be able to work out the finer details.

He started supporting Swansea as my husband was watching a Swansea match a few years back they were losing and they were both shouting for them to come on, and they did and won! He would have only been about six or so. I have no idea who they were playing but he thought it was great. We thought it would be a short lived thing but my husband started getting him the match scores every week and players names and that and it went from there.

Thanks again for all the help. Our match outing in Swansea is turning into a full blown holiday with way it’s going 😂

Christmas morning sounds like a good craic in your house, as does the trip. Hope it all goes tickedyboo for you all. YJBs.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Recommendations on 21:04 - Feb 18 with 1352 viewsgogo

Recommendations on 23:25 - Nov 12 by TNT

Christmas morning sounds like a good craic in your house, as does the trip. Hope it all goes tickedyboo for you all. YJBs.

Just an update, we have today finally, finally got tickets to the Luton Match, Santa brought ticket ‘vouchers’ in the end to be used for the Luton game when tickets went on sale 😉. We finally got our hands on the tickets today!!! Ferry is booked, hotel is booked and my young lad thinks all his birthdays have come at once.
After I called the club before Christmas, they have since sent him a signed poster of the team and a dvd at Christmas wishing him a happy Christmas. And thy have promised him a shout out at half time .. this club is amazing!!

Thank you all so much for the advise and help with this, it’s a dream come through for him! thanks again x
Recommendations on 21:45 - Feb 18 with 1312 viewsFireboy2

Pm sent gogo.
Recommendations on 16:54 - Feb 22 with 1141 viewsCatullus

Still loving this thread, hope you all have a fantastic day out.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Recommendations on 17:41 - Feb 22 with 1114 viewsThrasher6

Just read some of the thread and fair play...sound a great family... They...and the club... deserve a big pat on the back for the effort they have put in...Great stuff!!

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Recommendations on 17:48 - Feb 23 with 1044 viewsKilkennyjack

Recommendations on 18:41 - Nov 5 by johnlangy

Fantastic story gogo. I hope you get to come over. You'll have a great welcome.

You will be made very welcome. YJB.

Beware of the Risen People

Recommendations on 20:40 - Feb 23 with 983 viewslonglostjack

You’ll have a great day. Enjoy !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Recommendations on 22:43 - Feb 23 with 930 viewsbuilthjack

We have a chance of winning that one too. Enjoy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Recommendations on 13:35 - Feb 24 with 825 viewsdickythorpe

Midweek, middle of March should be a crucial game for us if we continue winning.
We're still in with a squeak of the play offs.....bring some of that heather and 4 leaved clovers
Recommendations on 14:38 - Feb 24 with 800 viewsjack247

Recommendations on 21:04 - Feb 18 by gogo

Just an update, we have today finally, finally got tickets to the Luton Match, Santa brought ticket ‘vouchers’ in the end to be used for the Luton game when tickets went on sale 😉. We finally got our hands on the tickets today!!! Ferry is booked, hotel is booked and my young lad thinks all his birthdays have come at once.
After I called the club before Christmas, they have since sent him a signed poster of the team and a dvd at Christmas wishing him a happy Christmas. And thy have promised him a shout out at half time .. this club is amazing!!

Thank you all so much for the advise and help with this, it’s a dream come through for him! thanks again x

This is an amazing story. Great to read. Hope your family have a fantastic time down here
Recommendations on 23:58 - Feb 24 with 681 viewsAngelRangelQS

Recommendations on 21:04 - Feb 18 by gogo

What hotel did you book in the end?
Recommendations on 06:55 - Feb 25 with 634 viewsbuilthjack

Make sure you have a Joe's ice cream. Plain.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Recommendations on 00:23 - Feb 26 with 570 viewsgogo

Thanks so much for all the lovely messages, I booked the premier inn on the waterfront, took advice from here, looks good and a great price too.
Recommendations on 07:13 - Feb 26 with 506 viewsdickythorpe

Lovely restaurant joined on to it called the Beefeater, there can be some good meal deals at certain times of day.
I always take my old man there before a game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024