Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? 11:40 - Nov 6 with 29138 viewsladyjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad and or selfish, the majority of people are politically illiterate due to a lack of interest in politics and that many people are selfish and that lots are brainwashed by the media and press but anyone voting Conservative will be helping to continue doing lasting damage to the country and i'm a so called Welsh nationalist where in a perverse way a Conservative majority would be the best possible result in helping to break up the UK so that an independent Wales would then have the opportunity of voting in a party that distributes wealth more equally, I wouldn't want to see even more and more extreme right wing policies enforced on the people.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:52 - Nov 10 with 1538 viewsmajorraglan

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 14:03 - Nov 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Are you suggesting that the UK is currently a low tax & low regulation country?

I didn’t read it that way, I read it that’s where they wanted to are us to.

It’s where they the likes of Rees Mogg, Farage and their backers want to take us to. The Telegraph is a big supporter of Brexit, who owns them and where are they based? Where is JRM’s company based? Did you know his spinoff company is based on Dublin so that he will be able to continue to trade in the Single Market after we come out?

Google what Farage replied when asked about the NHS.....he went on about an insurance based system.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:53 - Nov 10 with 1526 viewsbluey_the_blue

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:52 - Nov 10 by majorraglan

I didn’t read it that way, I read it that’s where they wanted to are us to.

It’s where they the likes of Rees Mogg, Farage and their backers want to take us to. The Telegraph is a big supporter of Brexit, who owns them and where are they based? Where is JRM’s company based? Did you know his spinoff company is based on Dublin so that he will be able to continue to trade in the Single Market after we come out?

Google what Farage replied when asked about the NHS.....he went on about an insurance based system.

People act like low tax, low reg are evil.

They don't need to be.

EDIT: NHS is always technically an insurance based system... you pay even if you receive no service.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 15:54]
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:57 - Nov 10 with 1527 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:53 - Nov 10 by bluey_the_blue

They don't need to be.

EDIT: NHS is always technically an insurance based system... you pay even if you receive no service.

When was the last time you put in a claim to an insurance company to pay for NHS treatment?

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:00 - Nov 10 with 1515 viewsbluey_the_blue

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:57 - Nov 10 by exiledclaseboy

When was the last time you put in a claim to an insurance company to pay for NHS treatment?

That's a silly question.

You're paying even if you receive no treatment. So pedantically, it's state insurance should you need it.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:01 - Nov 10 with 1519 viewsmajorraglan

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:53 - Nov 10 by bluey_the_blue

They don't need to be.

I agree, as long as it’s a fair and even playing field.

I have no issue with companies making money, shareholders being rewarded etc, what I do have an issue with is a system which allows the likes of Amazon to makes shed lads of cash over here, transfer the money out of the country and pay very little or no tax on it. Companies based in tax havens need to be paying tax in this country if the profits are being generated in this country. Small businesses on the High Street are getting hammered on business rates etc while the big companies are paying very little.

The point being made about loans is that a loan is something you pay back, if it’s done as a ax dodge then the people who used it should be dealt with appropriately by HMRC and penalised heavily.

If everyone paid their share, maybe we could all pay a little less.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:03 - Nov 10 with 1515 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:00 - Nov 10 by bluey_the_blue

That's a silly question.

You're paying even if you receive no treatment. So pedantically, it's state insurance should you need it.

It was a silly question in response to your stupid original statement. The NHS is a public service funded by taxation. There’s not a person in the country who hasn’t used it.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 16:03]

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:08 - Nov 10 with 1501 viewsbluey_the_blue

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:01 - Nov 10 by majorraglan

I agree, as long as it’s a fair and even playing field.

I have no issue with companies making money, shareholders being rewarded etc, what I do have an issue with is a system which allows the likes of Amazon to makes shed lads of cash over here, transfer the money out of the country and pay very little or no tax on it. Companies based in tax havens need to be paying tax in this country if the profits are being generated in this country. Small businesses on the High Street are getting hammered on business rates etc while the big companies are paying very little.

The point being made about loans is that a loan is something you pay back, if it’s done as a ax dodge then the people who used it should be dealt with appropriately by HMRC and penalised heavily.

If everyone paid their share, maybe we could all pay a little less.

Again, where say a mega corp employs a large number of people, directly and indirectly, I've no problem with a quid pro quo arrangement due to the benefits of them being here outweigh the negatives. Amazon leave, then there are a lot of unemployed people as a consequence.

Loan charge I've always disagreed with but you're missing the point. HMRC state IN WRITING to people a scheme is legal at point X; it becomes illegal at point Y. HMRC have the right to go back not just to point X but far beyond that. That's what has led to suicides. I know loan charges aren't as sexy as benefits so Ken Loach et al don't give a shit, but...

People really don't realise the powers HMRC have and how they get abused. IR35? Use HMRC's tool to get a status determination. The same tool, that HMRC in court stated they ignore determinations from...

HMRCs retrospective powers are a gross abuse, unethical at best yet no-one gives a flying toss about.

As for the last point, when tax rates are lower, tax revenue increases.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 17:21 - Nov 10 with 1468 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:57 - Nov 10 by exiledclaseboy

A clue is in the name of the Tax.
National Insurance.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 17:27 - Nov 10 with 1462 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 17:21 - Nov 10 by A_Fans_Dad

A clue is in the name of the Tax.
National Insurance.

Another clue is in the word “tax”. And most NHS funding comes from general taxation, not NI, which is mostly used for benefit payments.

When was the last time you had to put a claim in to pay for NHS treatment?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 05:59 - Nov 12 with 1387 viewsPawelAbbott

I was speaking to some friends recently about the election. They were intending voting Tory because Boris had promised more money for hospitals. I pointed out that this money was not money they were pumping in, but just money that they had decided not to cut. What they have dressed up as a boost to NHS spending is actually just the withdrawal of cuts they had previously announced.

I can't understand how there is a single person in the country wanting more of the Tories. 10 years of unprecedented cuts, demolition of the services and just total waste of money and destruction of people's lives and yet people blindly follow.
How many people's lives have been wrecked by the cuts to social services? HS2? HMRC?
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 07:20 - Nov 12 with 1365 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:08 - Nov 10 by bluey_the_blue

Again, where say a mega corp employs a large number of people, directly and indirectly, I've no problem with a quid pro quo arrangement due to the benefits of them being here outweigh the negatives. Amazon leave, then there are a lot of unemployed people as a consequence.

Loan charge I've always disagreed with but you're missing the point. HMRC state IN WRITING to people a scheme is legal at point X; it becomes illegal at point Y. HMRC have the right to go back not just to point X but far beyond that. That's what has led to suicides. I know loan charges aren't as sexy as benefits so Ken Loach et al don't give a shit, but...

People really don't realise the powers HMRC have and how they get abused. IR35? Use HMRC's tool to get a status determination. The same tool, that HMRC in court stated they ignore determinations from...

HMRCs retrospective powers are a gross abuse, unethical at best yet no-one gives a flying toss about.

There’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with IR35 . Especially those exempt. 😁

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 08:07 - Nov 12 with 1344 viewsjackrmee

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 17:02 - Nov 7 by Legend83

But what is a fair share? If the tax legislation is leaky enough to allow billionaires to carry out these activities then it needs to be tightened up. But the risk you run is "fair share" becomes an open account for the Government to come after you with punitive action and you end up with a situation where "fair share" just becomes "more".

Consider the unintended consequences - business owners who own companies that employ thousands of people, suddenly less able / incentivised to invest; not forgetting that a significant amount of philanthropy is carried out by these individuals.

You are also into the arguments about whether you consider the Government the best judge of how to spend other people's money / tax.

Just playing devils advocate.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 17:02]

The government and their mates actually write the tax legislation. They introduce legal loopholes for billionaires and corporations to exploit, ON PURPOSE. That's the whole issue.
Corbyn doesn't want the loopholes and that's why all the big earners, ie. newspapers hate him and want us all the hate him.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 09:23 - Nov 12 with 1309 viewsHighjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 05:59 - Nov 12 by PawelAbbott

I was speaking to some friends recently about the election. They were intending voting Tory because Boris had promised more money for hospitals. I pointed out that this money was not money they were pumping in, but just money that they had decided not to cut. What they have dressed up as a boost to NHS spending is actually just the withdrawal of cuts they had previously announced.

I can't understand how there is a single person in the country wanting more of the Tories. 10 years of unprecedented cuts, demolition of the services and just total waste of money and destruction of people's lives and yet people blindly follow.
How many people's lives have been wrecked by the cuts to social services? HS2? HMRC?

I don’t think anybody wants more Tories, but lots of people don’t want the labour lot in either. So everyone votes against the thing they don’t want because none of the parties appeal to anybody.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 09:32 - Nov 12 with 1295 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 08:07 - Nov 12 by jackrmee

The government and their mates actually write the tax legislation. They introduce legal loopholes for billionaires and corporations to exploit, ON PURPOSE. That's the whole issue.
Corbyn doesn't want the loopholes and that's why all the big earners, ie. newspapers hate him and want us all the hate him.

How old are you?
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:13 - Nov 12 with 1274 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 09:23 - Nov 12 by Highjack

I don’t think anybody wants more Tories, but lots of people don’t want the labour lot in either. So everyone votes against the thing they don’t want because none of the parties appeal to anybody.

More good news today.
Unemployment down again
Number in work up again

Average wage growth twice the rate of inflation.

People still think it will continue under Corbyn and Macdonnell?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:18 - Nov 12 with 1264 viewsBest_loser

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:13 - Nov 12 by felixstowe_jack

More good news today.
Unemployment down again
Number in work up again

And the national debt the highest in history, the Tories have maxed out the credit card, a huge financial crisis is around the corner
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:26 - Nov 12 with 1260 views3swan

Very true. I have no wish to vote for any of the 3 main parties and also Brexit party.
Now that doesn't leave many options which could then be classed as a wasted vote (or at best getting to the amount so that the candidate gets his £500)
As usual in politics we get the headliners and throw away comments that most don't stand up to scrutiny
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:47 - Nov 12 with 1253 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:18 - Nov 12 by Best_loser

And the national debt the highest in history, the Tories have maxed out the credit card, a huge financial crisis is around the corner

Yes labour left the annual deficit at £160 BILLION and rising the wicked Tories have reduced it every year since while avoiding a recession and putting an extra 3,500,000 people in work.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:51 - Nov 12 with 1249 viewsEbo

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:13 - Nov 12 by felixstowe_jack

More good news today.
Unemployment down again
Number in work up again

Record numbers on zero contracts, record numbers out of the system due to sanctions, food banks usage through the roof.

Have a day off you gaping arsehole.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:05 - Nov 12 with 1233 viewsBest_loser

And the reason for that is entryism, labour membership has been taken over by swp supporters and the tory by ex bnp, nf supporters, two parties with leaders installed by extremists,
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:18 - Nov 12 with 1225 viewsHighjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:05 - Nov 12 by Best_loser

And the reason for that is entryism, labour membership has been taken over by swp supporters and the tory by ex bnp, nf supporters, two parties with leaders installed by extremists,

Possibly, but a lot of apathy comes from the fact the average person doesn’t feel like any of them represent them or any of their interests or needs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 13:43 - Nov 12 with 1176 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 16:08 - Nov 10 by bluey_the_blue

“As for the last point, when tax rates are lower, tax revenue increases.”

Nonsense. It depends what rates are before and after cuts.

If you don’t believe me, how much tax is raised if the tax rate is set to zero?

This is such rubbish. It was when Johnson said it and it is when people regurgitate it.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 13:45 - Nov 12 with 1175 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 07:20 - Nov 12 by Brynmill_Jack

There’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with IR35 . Especially those exempt. 😁

Corbyn economics. Tax is great as long as it’s someone else paying it eh Brynnie?
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 14:29 - Nov 12 with 1154 viewsladyjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:05 - Nov 12 by Best_loser

The Labour party has suffered entryism by the Red Tories.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:16 - Nov 12 with 1127 viewsGroo

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:35 - Nov 10 by bluey_the_blue

re Loan schemes, I agree, which is why I never used them, advised against then - however... if something is deemed legal at point X and then becomes illegal at point Y it's fvcking immoral for HMRC to retrospectively go back to point X and beyond - especially when having written to people at point X stating it's legal.

re IR35, yes, I agree, that's my point. Those inside IR35 will be inside IR35. The problem in April is that the responsibility for whom determines IR35 status changes. When HMRC, in court cases, state they will not abide by the determination given by the tool THEY produce, how can you justify that?

As an aside, it's fvcking ridiculous that, should a contractor be found to be inside IR35, THEY are then ones bearing the onus for payment of PAYE, NI etc and NOT the company hiring. Contractors inside IR35 don't get employment rights, so the whole situation is biased against contractors...

My point about tradespeople, Lisa, was nothing more than those railing against mega corps and taxes are happy to pay cash in hand to tradespeople, thus whining about avoidance yet enabling evasion...

re IR35 was a sledgehammer created to crack a Walnut.

The original reason IR35 was brought out was because of the number of IT professionals who changed from staff to contract and maintained working in the same job. Same job, same desk, same title, same Company.

Working contract gave them the ability to pay themselves a low salaries topped up with a dividend on which they paid only 15% tax.

The problem was this was a big net that caught everyone, even those who should not have. This led to a high number of people seeking work outside the UK.

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024