Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? 11:40 - Nov 6 with 29581 viewsladyjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad and or selfish, the majority of people are politically illiterate due to a lack of interest in politics and that many people are selfish and that lots are brainwashed by the media and press but anyone voting Conservative will be helping to continue doing lasting damage to the country and i'm a so called Welsh nationalist where in a perverse way a Conservative majority would be the best possible result in helping to break up the UK so that an independent Wales would then have the opportunity of voting in a party that distributes wealth more equally, I wouldn't want to see even more and more extreme right wing policies enforced on the people.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:23 - Nov 12 with 2145 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:16 - Nov 12 by Groo

re IR35 was a sledgehammer created to crack a Walnut.

The original reason IR35 was brought out was because of the number of IT professionals who changed from staff to contract and maintained working in the same job. Same job, same desk, same title, same Company.

Working contract gave them the ability to pay themselves a low salaries topped up with a dividend on which they paid only 15% tax.

The problem was this was a big net that caught everyone, even those who should not have. This led to a high number of people seeking work outside the UK.

It’s not only income tax. The big loss to the public purse is there is no employers NI paid on amounts to contractors.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:24 - Nov 12 with 2143 viewswaynekerr55

RE HS2 - I see the likes of Mogg/François and the like are against the scheme. Some might argue that's a reason for the scheme...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 19:45 - Nov 12 with 2044 viewsCatullus

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 13:43 - Nov 12 by londonlisa2001

“As for the last point, when tax rates are lower, tax revenue increases.”

Nonsense. It depends what rates are before and after cuts.

If you don’t believe me, how much tax is raised if the tax rate is set to zero?

This is such rubbish. It was when Johnson said it and it is when people regurgitate it.

Isn't the real truth that when tax rates are too high the revenue falls? Isn't tht what they discovered in France when they hammered the rich who promptly moved their money elsewhere, and a lot moved themselves too, London became a popular destination.
Lowering the rates can increase revenues but it has it's limits/boundaries. Though saying zero is a tad extreme, it's an obvious winning argument.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 20:03 - Nov 12 with 2026 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 19:45 - Nov 12 by Catullus

Isn't the real truth that when tax rates are too high the revenue falls? Isn't tht what they discovered in France when they hammered the rich who promptly moved their money elsewhere, and a lot moved themselves too, London became a popular destination.
Lowering the rates can increase revenues but it has it's limits/boundaries. Though saying zero is a tad extreme, it's an obvious winning argument.

As I said it depends on what the rate is before and after.

If you want to get technical, it’s known as the Laffer curve. But it’s pretty flaky and economists argue quite a lot about it.

It’s definitely the case that at both zero tax and 100% tax no one pays any (or virtually no one), so it’s a curve. The shape and effect are disputed.

Governments constantly try to find the sweet spot. The point at which you’re taxing people as much as possible without them changing behaviour. Here it’s around 45% -47% on income tax. When they put it up to 50% revenue doesn’t really increase. Over that people start moving money (it’s the whole ‘the government keeps more than me’ bit).

When they last dropped corporation tax, tax revenues dropped.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 20:11 - Nov 12 with 2018 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 20:03 - Nov 12 by londonlisa2001

As I said it depends on what the rate is before and after.

If you want to get technical, it’s known as the Laffer curve. But it’s pretty flaky and economists argue quite a lot about it.

It’s definitely the case that at both zero tax and 100% tax no one pays any (or virtually no one), so it’s a curve. The shape and effect are disputed.

Governments constantly try to find the sweet spot. The point at which you’re taxing people as much as possible without them changing behaviour. Here it’s around 45% -47% on income tax. When they put it up to 50% revenue doesn’t really increase. Over that people start moving money (it’s the whole ‘the government keeps more than me’ bit).

When they last dropped corporation tax, tax revenues dropped.

Can we tac Brexit voters double what sensible people pay? We can call it the laughter curve.

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 06:48 - Nov 13 with 1973 viewsjackrmee

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 09:32 - Nov 12 by WarwickHunt

How old are you?

What difference does that make?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 06:51 - Nov 13 with 1973 viewsjackrmee

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:18 - Nov 12 by Highjack

Possibly, but a lot of apathy comes from the fact the average person doesn’t feel like any of them represent them or any of their interests or needs.

I think you'll be surprised at how many people feel Corbyn represents them

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 07:27 - Nov 13 with 1962 viewswaynekerr55

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 14:29 - Nov 12 by ladyjack

The Labour party has suffered entryism by the Red Tories.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 08:43 - Nov 13 with 1913 viewssquarebear

It's my civil duty to warn you about this man:

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2019/11/12/corbyn-to-sell-your-cat-to-pay-for-a-sta
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 09:50 - Nov 13 with 1881 viewsBest_loser

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 06:51 - Nov 13 by jackrmee

If it's not enough to win an election then what use is it ? Well done Jeremy and momentum, you represented our view of what the labour party should be, pity about another 5 years of the most right wing tory government ever but still
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:20 - Nov 13 with 1854 viewsHighjack

On a scale of 0 to what the actual f*ck? How weird is this?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:48 - Nov 13 with 1836 viewsHighjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 06:51 - Nov 13 by jackrmee

Luckily they’re all heavily sedated for seventeen hours a day in their padded cells.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:16 - Nov 13 with 1808 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 06:48 - Nov 13 by jackrmee

What difference does that make?

Just wondering when we can expect a grown-up post from you.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:20 - Nov 13 with 1805 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:20 - Nov 13 by Highjack

On a scale of 0 to what the actual f*ck? How weird is this?

Given it’s designed deliberately ‘weird’ solely for the purpose of getting unthinking people to amplify it by reposting it I’d say it’s worked on you at least.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 12:01 - Nov 13 with 1796 viewsHighjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:20 - Nov 13 by londonlisa2001

Given it’s designed deliberately ‘weird’ solely for the purpose of getting unthinking people to amplify it by reposting it I’d say it’s worked on you at least.

Yes you’re definitely right.

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 12:05 - Nov 13 with 1794 viewslondonlisa2001

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 12:01 - Nov 13 by Highjack

Yes you’re definitely right.

Yep.
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 12:05 - Nov 13 with 1793 viewsHighjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 12:05 - Nov 13 by londonlisa2001

Yep.

Yes.

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 13:42 - Nov 13 with 1749 viewsEbo

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 20:11 - Nov 12 by exiledclaseboy

Can we tac Brexit voters double what sensible people pay? We can call it the laughter curve.

"The Stupidity Tax"

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 17:16 - Nov 13 with 1709 viewsHighjack

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 13:42 - Nov 13 by Ebo

"The Stupidity Tax"

Stupidity tac*

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 17:53 - Nov 13 with 1685 viewsCatullus

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 17:16 - Nov 13 by Highjack

Stupidity tac*

The Tories have gained slightly after Farage pulled out from Tory held seats, the pound made slight gains too though unemployment rose.

Labour came out fighting today saying they have a 10 year plan to introduce a 32 hour working week. Thing is, will any government offering a 10 year plan for anything be in power to see it through?

If voting Tory is mad then the madness is spreading, according to the poll that said their support had risen to 42%. Labour also rose as the Brexit party lost ground.
Plenty of time to reverse or increase any madness yet though.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 18:19 - Nov 13 with 1668 viewsbluey_the_blue

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 15:16 - Nov 12 by Groo

re IR35 was a sledgehammer created to crack a Walnut.

The original reason IR35 was brought out was because of the number of IT professionals who changed from staff to contract and maintained working in the same job. Same job, same desk, same title, same Company.

Working contract gave them the ability to pay themselves a low salaries topped up with a dividend on which they paid only 15% tax.

The problem was this was a big net that caught everyone, even those who should not have. This led to a high number of people seeking work outside the UK.

You've summed it up pretty well.

The scenario you gave was something genuine contractors running genuine companies always pointed out was dodgy.

The main driver for it, tbh, was the head of the student loan company at the time using a limited company for payroll, which was taking the piss massively.

IR35 as it stands is clearly unfit for purpose.

The dumb thing is if caught inside IR35, PAYE, NI get deducted from your limited company because you're a disguised employee see. You're only, however, an employee for tax purposes. You don't get sick pay, holiday pay, benefits from the end client... and do nothing about end clients hiring temps rather than contractors...
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 18:21]
Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 20:38 - Nov 13 with 1614 viewsjackrmee

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:16 - Nov 13 by WarwickHunt

Just wondering when we can expect a grown-up post from you.

So I don't explain things academically enough to compare with your high and mighty english degree?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 10:22 - Nov 14 with 1555 viewsCatullus

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 20:38 - Nov 13 by jackrmee

So I don't explain things academically enough to compare with your high and mighty english degree?

I'm waiting for the inevitable.......

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:15 - Nov 14 with 1521 viewsEbo

A friend of mine wrote this. He's suffered a lot under these bastards due to disability / benefits / unable to work:

Vote Tory if you want to pay for healthcare that you'll never be able to afford.

Vote Tory if you believe that Rees-Mogg really is a better and more worthy human than everyone that died in Grenfell.

Vote Tory if you believe that without any evidence whatsoever, Britain will somehow receive investment from people who have already disregarded the UK due to its petulant stance in Europe.

Vote Tory if you think that your life is okay and the lives of your children and grandchildren are worthless.

Vote Tory if you think it's okay that Tories stand to make millions for betting against the pound.

Vote Tory if you think a 73% rise in homeless children is a good thing.

Vote Tory if you think 120,000 deaths of human beings due to austerity measures is perfectly acceptable.

Vote Tory if you think it is unacceptable for someone earning £80,000 per year to pay an extra £8.30 per month in income tax.

Vote Tory if you think that food banks are a great addition to society.

Vote Tory if you think it's not a problem for millions to be spent slandering a man who has spent his whole life wanting better lives for everyone but himself.

Vote Tory if you want Donald Trump involved in your future and that of your children .

Vote Tory if you think lying to the British public was done with good intentions.

Vote Tory if you think 9 years hasn't been enough time for them to fulfil one meaningful promise they made in 2010.

Or don't.

Get them out.

These aren't the almost tolerable Tories of the 90s, this is a new breed of self serving sociopaths who see you and me as collateral, nothing more.

Use your vote on December 12th, 2019.

Get them out.

They're killing you. You are nothing to them.

Get them out.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 12:22 - Nov 14 with 1488 viewsFireboy2

Anyone voting Conservative must be mad ? on 11:15 - Nov 14 by Ebo

A friend of mine wrote this. He's suffered a lot under these bastards due to disability / benefits / unable to work:

Vote Tory if you want to pay for healthcare that you'll never be able to afford.

Vote Tory if you believe that Rees-Mogg really is a better and more worthy human than everyone that died in Grenfell.

Vote Tory if you believe that without any evidence whatsoever, Britain will somehow receive investment from people who have already disregarded the UK due to its petulant stance in Europe.

Vote Tory if you think that your life is okay and the lives of your children and grandchildren are worthless.

Vote Tory if you think it's okay that Tories stand to make millions for betting against the pound.

Vote Tory if you think a 73% rise in homeless children is a good thing.

Vote Tory if you think 120,000 deaths of human beings due to austerity measures is perfectly acceptable.

Vote Tory if you think it is unacceptable for someone earning £80,000 per year to pay an extra £8.30 per month in income tax.

Vote Tory if you think that food banks are a great addition to society.

Vote Tory if you think it's not a problem for millions to be spent slandering a man who has spent his whole life wanting better lives for everyone but himself.

Vote Tory if you want Donald Trump involved in your future and that of your children .

Vote Tory if you think lying to the British public was done with good intentions.

Vote Tory if you think 9 years hasn't been enough time for them to fulfil one meaningful promise they made in 2010.

Or don't.

Get them out.

These aren't the almost tolerable Tories of the 90s, this is a new breed of self serving sociopaths who see you and me as collateral, nothing more.

Use your vote on December 12th, 2019.

Get them out.

They're killing you. You are nothing to them.

Get them out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024