Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy 17:27 - Nov 6 with 11087 viewsjohnlangy

I've heard a rumour that MM and the guy who owns TCW are looking into buying the Club.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:10 - Nov 6 with 6769 viewsairedale

Good from the point of view that locals own it, but in the grand scheme of things in football today, relative paupers.

If true of course.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:34 - Nov 6 with 6682 viewsDr_Winston

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:10 - Nov 6 by airedale

Good from the point of view that locals own it, but in the grand scheme of things in football today, relative paupers.

If true of course.

Locals owned it last time.

The wealth of potential owners doesn't bother me, as I'd prefer the club to be self sustaining and in hock to nobody as a matter of course. To be honest, as long as Birch keeps running the club as he is I don't much care who owns it or where they're from.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:41 - Nov 6 with 6636 viewsSTID2017

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:34 - Nov 6 by Dr_Winston

The wealth of potential owners doesn't bother me, as I'd prefer the club to be self sustaining and in hock to nobody as a matter of course. To be honest, as long as Birch keeps running the club as he is I don't much care who owns it or where they're from.

I agree.
I like the way Birch seems to be running the club and would also rather see it run responsibly and in a sustainable fashion.
Whether MM and the TCW guy own it or someone else won't matter if it is run right

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:41 - Nov 6 with 6639 viewsLeonWasGod

Wealth should worry us. Very few clubs survive in this league for long without significant owner investment. Doesn’t mean that right or that it’s not possible of course, but the odds are heavily stacked against clubs trying to run in the black from income alone.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:10 - Nov 6 with 6503 viewsBadlands

Should be doing all we can to keep the Americans.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:13 - Nov 6 with 6480 viewsFireboy2

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:10 - Nov 6 by Badlands

What a surprise
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:14 - Nov 6 with 6483 viewsCatullus

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:41 - Nov 6 by LeonWasGod

Wealth should worry us. Very few clubs survive in this league for long without significant owner investment. Doesn’t mean that right or that it’s not possible of course, but the odds are heavily stacked against clubs trying to run in the black from income alone.

Significant owner investment is nice but it often causes more problems for smaller clubs. If you breach profitability and sustainability rules and don't get back on track quickly trouble looms.
Of course some clubs find a way around it but still get caught https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/16/efl-step-investigation-derby-she

Put simply, you have to survive on income or end up being punished. Clubs gamble on getting promoted to the EPL for all the riches it brings but those same riches create even bigger debts that can bite you squarely on the aspidistra when you come back down and will also bite you if you fail to go up in thr first place.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:19 - Nov 6 with 6456 viewsswancity

Not really.

Should be doing all we can to attract new owners with a willingness and ability to invest (large amounts) in the Club. Whilst finding them is unlikely, it’s evident that the current owners lack any real interest or genuine focus in what happens on the pitch. That’s a recipe for failure in most instances.

The comment about Morgan and the owner of TCW surely has no truth. So panic not chaps.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:33 - Nov 6 with 6404 viewsLandore_Jack

The Americans are no longer interested in the Swans.

#backtojack

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:33 - Nov 6 with 6400 viewsPegojack

Isn't Morgan about to face legal action from the Trust?
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:35 - Nov 6 with 6389 viewspencoedjack

Dyer won’t be happy
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:51 - Nov 6 with 6321 viewsVincent_Vega

Behave

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 20:03 - Nov 6 with 6256 viewsjacabertawe

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:35 - Nov 6 by pencoedjack

Dyer won’t be happy

??

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 20:59 - Nov 6 with 6051 viewslonglostjack

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:33 - Nov 6 by Pegojack

Isn't Morgan about to face legal action from the Trust?

I thought so. What’s happening? Are the Trust still sorting the insurance out ? The wheels of justice turn very slowly indeed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 21:22 - Nov 6 with 5956 viewsNotLoyal

In America?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 21:23 - Nov 6 with 5946 viewsBadlands

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:13 - Nov 6 by Fireboy2

What a surprise

Yep. Highly professional international group or sha$$er and a company that is worth. £20 million.
I would welcomee these fans rescuing the club if we were about to fall out of he league but ....

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 21:54 - Nov 6 with 5847 viewsQJumpingJack

Why didn't the Americans appoint Birch on day one in 2016?
I expect Birch would have made calmer/non-panic decisions had we been flirting with relegation in the Premier League.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 22:13 - Nov 6 with 5781 viewsGeoffThom

What a load of balls
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 22:38 - Nov 6 with 5705 viewsNotLoyal

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 21:23 - Nov 6 by Badlands

Yep. Highly professional international group or sha$$er and a company that is worth. £20 million.
I would welcomee these fans rescuing the club if we were about to fall out of he league but ....

I wonder where a group of fans worth 20 million are today?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 22:59 - Nov 6 with 5642 viewsFireboy2

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 21:23 - Nov 6 by Badlands

Highly professional eh?

Thats why with all their knowledge they appointed an american manager with no btitish football management experience.

And thats for starters.

We all know you are an apologist for this lot so just stop digging.

Fwiw i dont want that pr!ck back either.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 08:22 - Nov 7 with 5386 viewsBrynmill_Jack

........both went to the same finishing school ???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 09:58 - Nov 7 with 5229 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:14 - Nov 6 by Catullus

Significant owner investment is nice but it often causes more problems for smaller clubs. If you breach profitability and sustainability rules and don't get back on track quickly trouble looms.
Of course some clubs find a way around it but still get caught https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/16/efl-step-investigation-derby-she

Put simply, you have to survive on income or end up being punished. Clubs gamble on getting promoted to the EPL for all the riches it brings but those same riches create even bigger debts that can bite you squarely on the aspidistra when you come back down and will also bite you if you fail to go up in thr first place.

That's different; those clubs that flaunt FFP or try to around it via things like stadium purchases by the owner, as in the case of Derby, are in the minority. You're allowed to cover losses up to limits of FFP and virtually all other clubs do. They all need owner investment, especially if not on parachute payments (PL money is about the only way you can steady the ship, assuming you don't go for bust while only in the PL for a short time).

I'm not aware of any clubs without parachute payments who don't rely on owner investment. It's only a rough indication, but look at the levels of debt being accumulated and serviced in the league (last full year of accounts 17/18 from Swiss Ramble:

Those with minimal / low debt either have:
(a) parachute payments and/or have been in the PL for a while (Villa, Norwich)
(b) dabbled in some financial sleight of hand such as owner purchasing of the ground at (possible) over-pricing - Derby
(c) converted debt to equity supported by the owner - Fulham (effectively pumped in £60m, plus another £40m on top through a share sale)
(d) had significant debts wiped out in a takeover (Sunderland)
(e) since relegated - Burton, Barnsley

I'm not saying it's right that we should be taking on debt; more it's a necessary evil to at least be able to fund losses (within the rules), if things don't go as well as hoped, even if only temporary. (This was actually how the US takeover was sold to us by Jenkins, but that's another story).

If you deliberately apply austerity in this league and try to survive off income alone, you're setting yourself up for failure. It's not inevitable, but you'd need to get everything else absolutely spot on on the football side (perfect manager, luck with a great crop of players who are growing into potential PL quality players, like we had under Brendan, luck in unearthing an absolute bargain - like Sinclair, or like Norwich did with Puki).

SHORT VERSION - if we change owners we need a stinkingly rich one who's prepared to throw up to c. £10m at the club each year to allow us to be financially competitive.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 11:20 - Nov 7 with 5103 viewsjackrmee

I agree.
Unless we have a multi billionaire who wants to chuck loads of money in (which is very unlikely), I think anyone will want the club run sustainably. Hence, it doesn't really matter who owns the club, as long as it's not someone who just wants to make pure profit. Must be someone who cares IMO. I don't know much of MM, but doesn't sound much like he cares to me from the way he was involved previously

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 11:25 - Nov 7 with 5091 viewsjackrmee

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 09:58 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

That's different; those clubs that flaunt FFP or try to around it via things like stadium purchases by the owner, as in the case of Derby, are in the minority. You're allowed to cover losses up to limits of FFP and virtually all other clubs do. They all need owner investment, especially if not on parachute payments (PL money is about the only way you can steady the ship, assuming you don't go for bust while only in the PL for a short time).

I'm not aware of any clubs without parachute payments who don't rely on owner investment. It's only a rough indication, but look at the levels of debt being accumulated and serviced in the league (last full year of accounts 17/18 from Swiss Ramble:

(b) dabbled in some financial sleight of hand such as owner purchasing of the ground at (possible) over-pricing - Derby
(c) converted debt to equity supported by the owner - Fulham (effectively pumped in £60m, plus another £40m on top through a share sale)

I'm not saying it's right that we should be taking on debt; more it's a necessary evil to at least be able to fund losses (within the rules), if things don't go as well as hoped, even if only temporary. (This was actually how the US takeover was sold to us by Jenkins, but that's another story).

If you deliberately apply austerity in this league and try to survive off income alone, you're setting yourself up for failure. It's not inevitable, but you'd need to get everything else absolutely spot on on the football side (perfect manager, luck with a great crop of players who are growing into potential PL quality players, like we had under Brendan, luck in unearthing an absolute bargain - like Sinclair, or like Norwich did with Puki).

SHORT VERSION - if we change owners we need a stinkingly rich one who's prepared to throw up to c. £10m at the club each year to allow us to be financially competitive.

Surely we can stay in this division without getting into debt?
We play better football than most, have a great philosophy, a very good backroom team now, great facilities, proper academy...
This division is poor. We are much better equippped than most other smaller clubs for sure.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 11:44 - Nov 7 with 5069 viewsCatullus

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 09:58 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

I won't/can't disagree but under some of these clubs that have significant owner investment go over the top and can't get back inside the rules in time so inviting punishment. Some of them find other ways to try and avoid punishment as with Derby and the alleged inflated purchase price of the stadium.
Owner investment on infrastructure is allowed but owners cannot just throw endless amounts at buying players and paying high wages. That is the road to disaster for most clubs. Bolton nearly copped it and Bury did though obviously they were on a smaller scale. Stoke are sailing close to the wind now.

To me there is just too much money at the top end of football and it's not improving the sport. This capitalist notion about endless growth is silly. There are limits and for some clubs to grow other clubs will die.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024