Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy 17:27 - Nov 6 with 11148 viewsjohnlangy

I've heard a rumour that MM and the guy who owns TCW are looking into buying the Club.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:10 - Nov 7 with 2842 viewsBadlands

If we are serious about growing the club, bringing in better quality players and returning to the PL the 5,000 fans (on average) who have stayed away this season need to turn up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:28 - Nov 7 with 2815 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 11:44 - Nov 7 by Catullus

I won't/can't disagree but under some of these clubs that have significant owner investment go over the top and can't get back inside the rules in time so inviting punishment. Some of them find other ways to try and avoid punishment as with Derby and the alleged inflated purchase price of the stadium.
Owner investment on infrastructure is allowed but owners cannot just throw endless amounts at buying players and paying high wages. That is the road to disaster for most clubs. Bolton nearly copped it and Bury did though obviously they were on a smaller scale. Stoke are sailing close to the wind now.

To me there is just too much money at the top end of football and it's not improving the sport. This capitalist notion about endless growth is silly. There are limits and for some clubs to grow other clubs will die.

I agree with all of that. Some who don't go over the top also continue to wrack up huge debts (e.g. Ipswich - second largest debt in the Championship at that time bit consistently one of the smallest spenders).

Money needs to be spent sensibly and there are too many examples of where it isn't. But it is still needed. We're doing ok for now, but I wonder what level of owner input would be needed if we didn't have the parachute payments? We may be getting by on player sales this year, but it isn't every year we can sell £25m+ worth of talent.

I'm not defending the concept, just pointing out that owners covering losses is normal and clubs struggle without that. Doesn't make it right, I fully agree on that.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:31 - Nov 7 with 2802 viewsNotLoyal

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:10 - Nov 7 by Badlands

If we are serious about growing the club, bringing in better quality players and returning to the PL the 5,000 fans (on average) who have stayed away this season need to turn up.

F uck em.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:38 - Nov 7 with 2783 viewsjackrmee

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:28 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

I agree with all of that. Some who don't go over the top also continue to wrack up huge debts (e.g. Ipswich - second largest debt in the Championship at that time bit consistently one of the smallest spenders).

Money needs to be spent sensibly and there are too many examples of where it isn't. But it is still needed. We're doing ok for now, but I wonder what level of owner input would be needed if we didn't have the parachute payments? We may be getting by on player sales this year, but it isn't every year we can sell £25m+ worth of talent.

I'm not defending the concept, just pointing out that owners covering losses is normal and clubs struggle without that. Doesn't make it right, I fully agree on that.

It may be every year (on average) with a good recruitment system, good academy and spending a little cash on young players to bring through it, if there's not enough quality in local talent. Surely we can do that?
Don't think we'd need £25mil plus every year. But I know nothing about the costs of such things in fairness.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:45 - Nov 7 with 2767 viewsswanforthemoney

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 11:44 - Nov 7 by Catullus

I won't/can't disagree but under some of these clubs that have significant owner investment go over the top and can't get back inside the rules in time so inviting punishment. Some of them find other ways to try and avoid punishment as with Derby and the alleged inflated purchase price of the stadium.
Owner investment on infrastructure is allowed but owners cannot just throw endless amounts at buying players and paying high wages. That is the road to disaster for most clubs. Bolton nearly copped it and Bury did though obviously they were on a smaller scale. Stoke are sailing close to the wind now.

To me there is just too much money at the top end of football and it's not improving the sport. This capitalist notion about endless growth is silly. There are limits and for some clubs to grow other clubs will die.

Interesting to mention Derby.
Over the years they have had a number of owners who have pumped their own money into the club. Robert Maxwell
Peter Gadsby
Lionel Pickering
now Mel Morris.

Its never sustainable and has usually ended in tears along with debts following initial investments. Mel Morris has made substantial investment in the current set up and Derby are currently below Swansea in the table.

We need to run the club sustainably and progressively, hopefully bringing on a good proportion of our own players. For the size of the City the best we can sustain in the long term is Championship football. Even that is punching above the weight of our smallish and economically depressed City and surrounds.

Im happy to turn up to see attractive football, the Swansea way, whatever the division.

I stand in the North Stand

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:56 - Nov 7 with 2740 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:45 - Nov 7 by swanforthemoney

Interesting to mention Derby.
Over the years they have had a number of owners who have pumped their own money into the club. Robert Maxwell
Peter Gadsby
Lionel Pickering
now Mel Morris.

Its never sustainable and has usually ended in tears along with debts following initial investments. Mel Morris has made substantial investment in the current set up and Derby are currently below Swansea in the table.

We need to run the club sustainably and progressively, hopefully bringing on a good proportion of our own players. For the size of the City the best we can sustain in the long term is Championship football. Even that is punching above the weight of our smallish and economically depressed City and surrounds.

Im happy to turn up to see attractive football, the Swansea way, whatever the division.

Money is important, but without a doubt it's better to spend a little well than a lot badly. We've had more than enough experience of both approaches to know that.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 13:00 - Nov 7 with 2732 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 12:38 - Nov 7 by jackrmee

It may be every year (on average) with a good recruitment system, good academy and spending a little cash on young players to bring through it, if there's not enough quality in local talent. Surely we can do that?
Don't think we'd need £25mil plus every year. But I know nothing about the costs of such things in fairness.

I'd like to think so. All we need in theory is a little bit extra where needed to allow us a Sinclair-type signing on top of good freebies/cheap signings and getting the academy stuff right.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 14:20 - Nov 7 with 2660 views34dfgdf54

The fella who owns TCW is worth £10m.

Nowhere near the funds which is needed to own a football club at this level surely.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 16:10 - Nov 7 with 2559 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 14:20 - Nov 7 by 34dfgdf54

Nowhere near the funds which is needed to own a football club at this level surely.

That's only 2/3rds of a Clucas.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:57 - Nov 7 with 2464 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 20:59 - Nov 6 by longlostjack

I thought so. What’s happening? Are the Trust still sorting the insurance out ? The wheels of justice turn very slowly indeed.

Yes try reading the latest update from the trust sent to all members.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:42 - Nov 7 with 2395 viewsjacabertawe

£10m! I would think that all of that has gone on the monstrosity he has built on Mumbles Road.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 05:49 - Nov 8 with 2253 viewslonglostjack

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:57 - Nov 7 by felixstowe_jack

Yes try reading the latest update from the trust sent to all members.

There were a few long words but I managed to look them up. Thanks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 06:00 - Nov 8 with 2244 viewssainthelens

For selling 2k cars for 6k.
Wasn't he involved as a consultant in selling Clucas to us ?
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 14:43 - Nov 8 with 2092 viewspencoedjack

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 06:00 - Nov 8 by sainthelens

For selling 2k cars for 6k.
Wasn't he involved as a consultant in selling Clucas to us ?

Anyone who can sell Clucas is a bloody good salesman in my opinion.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 15:57 - Nov 8 with 2042 viewsswan65split

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 14:43 - Nov 8 by pencoedjack

Anyone who can sell Clucas is a bloody good salesman in my opinion.

Theres Brass in Muck.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:05 - Nov 8 with 1969 viewsUplandsJack

Well from what I've been told he's worth a 💩 💩 load more than that.

Overheard a couple of guys talking a few weeks back stating he was interested in the club.

Somewhere between £36-38 mill is the magic number they were saying.

But that said, who knows what the real truth is. One things for sure though, you can bet we'll be the last to know.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 18:07]
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 21:52 - Nov 8 with 1855 viewsTNT

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 18:05 - Nov 8 by UplandsJack

Well from what I've been told he's worth a 💩 💩 load more than that.

Overheard a couple of guys talking a few weeks back stating he was interested in the club.

Somewhere between £36-38 mill is the magic number they were saying.

But that said, who knows what the real truth is. One things for sure though, you can bet we'll be the last to know.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 18:07]

Get Peter's Pies involved and you can have a bit of fun with your sausage roll in the back of a used car.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 10:22 - Nov 9 with 1744 viewsBest_loser

Didn't know the TCW guy was a swans fan, is that why his new house is all white
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 10:24 - Nov 9 with 1741 viewsmonmouth

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 16:10 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

That's only 2/3rds of a Clucas.

Ouch

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 15:32 - Nov 10 with 1506 viewsSlugster664

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 19:42 - Nov 7 by jacabertawe

£10m! I would think that all of that has gone on the monstrosity he has built on Mumbles Road.

£5m to build all in...1/2 a million on windows alone, 3 bedrooms(apartment type)10m sq kitchen...allegedly, he offered his immediate neighbour to the NW £1m cash for his house, presumably for the land...I would have thought the fella was worth more than £10m

STID

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 15:33 - Nov 10 with 1496 viewssainthelens

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 15:32 - Nov 10 by Slugster664

£5m to build all in...1/2 a million on windows alone, 3 bedrooms(apartment type)10m sq kitchen...allegedly, he offered his immediate neighbour to the NW £1m cash for his house, presumably for the land...I would have thought the fella was worth more than £10m

Sounds like yer casing the joint.
Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 15:53 - Nov 10 with 1447 viewsSlugster664

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 15:33 - Nov 10 by sainthelens

Sounds like yer casing the joint.

Hmmm...

STID

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 20:35 - Nov 10 with 1321 viewsjack_lord

Trade centre wales guy is in for some competition. I have heard motorpoint are going to open in Swansea in the new year.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 20:42 - Nov 10 with 1292 viewstaffpunk

I always love the TCW ad on the radio about the Cardiff North sales place. It's in Abercynon, north of Pontypridd!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 20:50 - Nov 10 with 1262 viewsjack2jack

Martin Morgan and Trade Centre Wales guy on 20:35 - Nov 10 by jack_lord

Trade centre wales guy is in for some competition. I have heard motorpoint are going to open in Swansea in the new year.

Think it's going to be Carshop, in the old Buyology unit, on Samlet Road.
Just a rumour mind👍
Apologies JL it is Motorpoint as you pointed out, on the site of the old Buyology place, ex B and Q building👍
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 21:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024