Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales 13:05 - Nov 7 with 5785 viewsDarran

Whatever your views on Brexit and we all know why they’re doing it what a load of wánk.
Plaid might as well pack it in.
Hideous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 01:59 - Nov 8 with 1248 viewsKerouac

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 14:53 - Nov 7 by Morfa_Same

Don't blame Plaid Cymru. The fault lies with those who campaigned to keep our FPTP election system a few years ago. That would be the Tories, who oppose anything that is good for democracy and bad for themselves.

That was Labour as well as the Tories 😄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 06:48 - Nov 8 with 1191 viewsKilkennyjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 23:27 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

Unless of course Plaid do win ,say , 7 seats ...?

Would you agree that outcome would be worth giving up a few unwinnable seats for ?
That outcome would create further momentum for indy wales.

Adam Price is playing the odds.
And it might just pay off.

And supporting the overall Remain effort.

These are the 7 Plaid target seats.

Will the compromise deliver for Plaid ?

Beware of the Risen People

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 07:09 - Nov 8 with 1178 viewsLohengrin

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 06:48 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

These are the 7 Plaid target seats.

Will the compromise deliver for Plaid ?

Whores.

Edited to say I was commenting on Plaid. It didn’t register there was a photo of women in Killy’s post until afterward. Well, I say women, I think the one on the far right may be Brian Dennehy???

[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 7:37]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 08:54 - Nov 8 with 1126 viewsMJC

A quite unique situation here where a pogressive Plaid are putting the national interest ahead of the party's. Admirable, really.
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:08 - Nov 8 with 1097 viewsKilkennyjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 07:09 - Nov 8 by Lohengrin

Whores.

Edited to say I was commenting on Plaid. It didn’t register there was a photo of women in Killy’s post until afterward. Well, I say women, I think the one on the far right may be Brian Dennehy???

[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 7:37]

How very rude ....

Smash this Tory Brexit 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:17 - Nov 8 with 1093 viewsLohengrin

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:08 - Nov 8 by Kilkennyjack

How very rude ....

Smash this Tory Brexit 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

“This Tory Brexit.”

Half a mo now, Killy. Haven’t you been singing the praises of the European Single Market, the creation of which Thatcher regarded as her true enduring legacy? Aren’t you now celebrating climbing into bed with a woman heading a campaign to have a statue of said wytch erected?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:55 - Nov 8 with 1085 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 20:43 - Nov 7 by Kilkennyjack

Its all about not splitting the Remain vote.
Nothing else.

Once we stop this xenophobic Tory Brexit, then we will see a free Wales and a free Scotland in Europe.

England can make its own mind up of course.
Stopping Brexit is the very best thing we can do for our English friends.

The EU will not allow Scotland to join the EU for four good reasons.

1) Scotland's fiscal deficit breaches EU rules. They will not repeat the mistakes they made with Greece.

2) it is compulsory for all new EU Countries to adopt the euro. Nicola has said Scotland is against the euro. She wants to keep the pound.

3) Spain will veto Scoland's application in case it sets a precedent which Catalonia and the Basque regions will use.

4) I seriously doubt the Scottish people will want a hard border between England and Scotland.

The same would apply if wales ever voted for independence which has the support of about 25% of the Welsh population.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2019 10:57]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 12:11 - Nov 8 with 1051 viewsUxbridge

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:55 - Nov 8 by felixstowe_jack

1) Scotland's fiscal deficit breaches EU rules. They will not repeat the mistakes they made with Greece.

2) it is compulsory for all new EU Countries to adopt the euro. Nicola has said Scotland is against the euro. She wants to keep the pound.

3) Spain will veto Scoland's application in case it sets a precedent which Catalonia and the Basque regions will use.

4) I seriously doubt the Scottish people will want a hard border between England and Scotland.

The same would apply if wales ever voted for independence which has the support of about 25% of the Welsh population.

There are a few flaws here. I assume this is based on the scenario that the UK has already left the EU, which obviously is somewhat up in the air. If not, 1 and 2 doesn't apply. If it does, it's purely at EU discretion and, given Scotland's historic membership, I seriously doubt there are issues here. Secondly, Spain have already rowed back on 3. The UK parliament has pissed them off enough.

As for 4, that very much depends on the rump UK/England I expect, would work both way. You'd hope they'd be grown up but, well, they haven't been for a while now.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:16 - Nov 8 with 1017 viewslonglostjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:55 - Nov 8 by felixstowe_jack

Points 1 and 2 contradict each other.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:28 - Nov 8 with 1009 viewsHighjack

The man, the myth, the legend Mr Mark Drakeford has just put Ms Swinson over his knee and given her a damn good spanking. Metaphorically of course.

Don’t diddle the Drake.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:42 - Nov 8 with 993 viewssherpajacob

MEPs seem well disposed to Scotland here.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:44 - Nov 8 with 989 viewsUxbridge

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:28 - Nov 8 by Highjack

The man, the myth, the legend Mr Mark Drakeford has just put Ms Swinson over his knee and given her a damn good spanking. Metaphorically of course.

Don’t diddle the Drake.

It's an odd one. But then Swinson is.

I'm sure there's a bar chart on its way to the denizens of our beloved capitol that shows how the only way that the Tories can be defeated is to vote LD.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 09:39 - Nov 9 with 889 viewsBest_loser

Actually brexit might suit plaid, the Scots will leave the union, if after a few years they are doing ok and brexit is a disaster plaid will be in a good position
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 09:42 - Nov 9 with 886 viewsCatullus

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 09:39 - Nov 9 by Best_loser

Actually brexit might suit plaid, the Scots will leave the union, if after a few years they are doing ok and brexit is a disaster plaid will be in a good position

Or it may go the other way, Sturgeon may lose her indy drive, brexit may be a success and we carry on regardless.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 09:54 - Nov 9 with 881 viewsBest_loser

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 09:42 - Nov 9 by Catullus

Or it may go the other way, Sturgeon may lose her indy drive, brexit may be a success and we carry on regardless.

Time will tell
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:19 - Nov 9 with 865 viewsladyjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 09:39 - Nov 9 by Best_loser

A Conservative majority and a no deal Brexit would be good for Plaid down the track, they campaign, stand and want the exact opposite as they campaign and stand for what they think is the best for the people, they are the middle of the road types, a nicey nice party, but a Conservative majority with right wing policies and a hard Brexit/no deal Brexit combined with Scotland voting SNP, Wales not voting Conservative and of course N.Ireland voting for one of their own parties that don't stand in Britain will probably eventually lead to an independent Scotland and a united Ireland and then that will be Plaids chance, whether the huge amount of English people in Wales will effect things within Wales is to be seen, some of them do vote Plaid [my neighbours] and some send their children to Welsh language schools so if Scotland and N.Ireland do go it will be interesting to see how things play out in Wales down the line.
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 12:35 - Nov 9 with 828 viewsKilkennyjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 10:17 - Nov 8 by Lohengrin

“This Tory Brexit.”

Half a mo now, Killy. Haven’t you been singing the praises of the European Single Market, the creation of which Thatcher regarded as her true enduring legacy? Aren’t you now celebrating climbing into bed with a woman heading a campaign to have a statue of said wytch erected?

I want an independent Cymru in the EU.
Just like scotland and ,soon, an united Ireland.

Cant control others can you ?

I voted Remain even though it was obvious a Tory Brexit would hasten the whole thing.
I voted for what was right for the many, not the few.

The Tory party gave the referendum.
The Tory party mad men campaigned to Leave.
The Tory party has failed to deliver it.
Its a Tory owned Brexit.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 16:17 - Nov 9 with 778 viewsCatullus

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 12:35 - Nov 9 by Kilkennyjack

I want an independent Cymru in the EU.
Just like scotland and ,soon, an united Ireland.

Cant control others can you ?

I voted Remain even though it was obvious a Tory Brexit would hasten the whole thing.
I voted for what was right for the many, not the few.

The Tory party gave the referendum.
The Tory party mad men campaigned to Leave.
The Tory party has failed to deliver it.
Its a Tory owned Brexit.

The Tories went to Parliament asking for the referendum and Parliament backed it, promised the result would be respected then did everything it could to stall it. Westminster owns the mess, not just the Tories.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 16:21 - Nov 9 with 775 viewsexiledclaseboy

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 16:17 - Nov 9 by Catullus

The Tories went to Parliament asking for the referendum and Parliament backed it, promised the result would be respected then did everything it could to stall it. Westminster owns the mess, not just the Tories.

Parliament passed Johnson’s Brexit deal. We could have left by now had Johnson not pulled it. Brexit is a Tory mess.

Poll: Tory leader

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 17:22 - Nov 9 with 752 viewsKilkennyjack

Welcome to Cymru you frog faced fecker 🇪🇺🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 17:33 - Nov 9 with 740 viewsCatullus

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 16:21 - Nov 9 by exiledclaseboy

Parliament passed Johnson’s Brexit deal. We could have left by now had Johnson not pulled it. Brexit is a Tory mess.

Not like us to disagree eh, it passed the second reading but there's more to go

https://fullfact.org/europe/brexit-deal-not-passed-parliament/

Didn't Boris pull it because he didn't like the attached strings though?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 17:39 - Nov 9 with 736 viewsexiledclaseboy

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 17:33 - Nov 9 by Catullus

Not like us to disagree eh, it passed the second reading but there's more to go

https://fullfact.org/europe/brexit-deal-not-passed-parliament/

Didn't Boris pull it because he didn't like the attached strings though?

Nice link. I didn’t need it though. It’s fairly obvious that if it had got through all the Parliamentary stages we’d be out now not in the middle of an election campaign. The Bill passed at second reading. It was the first and only time any Brexit plan had achieved a majority on the Commons. No amendments had been made. Johnson pulled it because parliament wouldn’t approve his plan to ram the most important piece of constitutional legislation in 40 years through with minimal scrutiny in just three days. He could have allowed longer for proper scrutiny and we could still have left by the end of October or just after with a technical extension. But he didn’t. He pulled it and insisted on a general election despite the fact that his deal was approved at second reading by a healthy majority.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 17:42]

Poll: Tory leader

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 17:56 - Nov 9 with 721 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:16 - Nov 8 by longlostjack

Points 1 and 2 contradict each other.

I agree nicola want join the EU but not the euro which is against membership rules for new countries joining the EU.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 17:59]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 18:21 - Nov 9 with 705 viewsKilkennyjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 17:56 - Nov 9 by felixstowe_jack

I agree nicola want join the EU but not the euro which is against membership rules for new countries joining the EU.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 17:59]

Maybe an existing member nation who voted to remain, but had to exit against its democratically expressed will ...would be ‘accommodated’ ...?

Just a thought ...

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 18:34 - Nov 9 with 695 viewsbluey_the_blue

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 18:21 - Nov 9 by Kilkennyjack

Maybe an existing member nation who voted to remain, but had to exit against its democratically expressed will ...would be ‘accommodated’ ...?

Just a thought ...

Scotland can't "exit against it's will" because Scotland isn't a member of the EU...

Sturgeons great fear is that Brexit occurs and it's not as bad as predicated. That would crap all other what she wants.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024