Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales 13:05 - Nov 7 with 5875 viewsDarran

Whatever your views on Brexit and we all know why they’re doing it what a load of wánk.
Plaid might as well pack it in.
Hideous.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:24 - Nov 7 with 2484 viewsLohengrin

The great red hope of the left, standing aside to allow Swinson’s free-marketeers a clear run? Swinson the woman heading the campaign to have a statue of Thatcher erected?

Please God let them knock my door in the coming weeks.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 13:26 - Nov 7 with 2481 viewsdickythorpe

The problem with Price is that he starts of with a massive "one liner" or big opening line and as he gets questioned later on he starts garbling.
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 14:02 - Nov 7 with 2457 viewsLohengrin

See the attachment for a list of seats affected.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2019/11/guide-remain-pact-betwee

The so-called ‘Party of Wales’ not contesting Cardiff Central!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 14:53 - Nov 7 with 2415 viewsMorfa_Same

Don't blame Plaid Cymru. The fault lies with those who campaigned to keep our FPTP election system a few years ago. That would be the Tories, who oppose anything that is good for democracy and bad for themselves.
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 15:25 - Nov 7 with 2379 viewsCountyJim

You would be right cheesed off if you where selected then told basically to do one
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 15:33 - Nov 7 with 2372 viewsPegojack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 14:53 - Nov 7 by Morfa_Same

Don't blame Plaid Cymru. The fault lies with those who campaigned to keep our FPTP election system a few years ago. That would be the Tories, who oppose anything that is good for democracy and bad for themselves.

I agree. The FPTP system is profoundly undemocratic, so until it is changed, political oarties and voters need to use a modicum of intelligence to defeat it.
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 15:56 - Nov 7 with 2351 viewsCatullus

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 15:33 - Nov 7 by Pegojack

I agree. The FPTP system is profoundly undemocratic, so until it is changed, political oarties and voters need to use a modicum of intelligence to defeat it.

Under PR would we have seen UKIP with a decent number of MP's in 2015, they got 4 million votes after all.
Would people have been happy with that?

Tactical voting is fine by me but I do wonder how much success it'll bring Swinson in Wales seeing as we had a leave majority. One good result might be an indicator, or it might not. I'm going with the well trodden path that people/sheeple will still vote Labour. I would love to be proven wrong. Nothing will change as long as we keep voting in the same people but I really cannot vote Plaid or Libdem.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 16:25 - Nov 7 with 2324 viewsCountyJim

It's an interesting one they are asking lib dem voters in Wales to back a nationalist party what do you do if you oppose nationalism spoil your vote
Login to get fewer ads

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 17:15 - Nov 7 with 2297 viewsGowerjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 15:56 - Nov 7 by Catullus

Under PR would we have seen UKIP with a decent number of MP's in 2015, they got 4 million votes after all.

Tactical voting is fine by me but I do wonder how much success it'll bring Swinson in Wales seeing as we had a leave majority. One good result might be an indicator, or it might not. I'm going with the well trodden path that people/sheeple will still vote Labour. I would love to be proven wrong. Nothing will change as long as we keep voting in the same people but I really cannot vote Plaid or Libdem.

Yes I would.

That's how it works.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 18:39 - Nov 7 with 2240 viewsPegojack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 15:56 - Nov 7 by Catullus

I wouldn't have been happy about it, but I would have accepted it.
If you look at how the votes were divided up in that election, under a PR system, we would have ended up with roughly a 50/50 split between the left leaning and right leaning parties, and therefore, dare I say it, not another feckin Tory government!
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 18:47 - Nov 7 with 2224 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It comes to something when plaid cymru admit it cannot win in most seats in Wales. Yes it still claims Wales wants independence.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 19:20 - Nov 7 with 2197 viewsexiledclaseboy

More of this sort of thing we need. Well done to those involved. I doubt it’ll make any practical difference in more than a handful of those seats though.

Poll: Tory leader

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 19:20 - Nov 7 with 2195 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yes.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 20:39 - Nov 7 with 2145 viewsNeath_Jack

at the outrage on here again.

It's absolutely the sensible thing to do, ah sensible, that'll be the problem on here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 20:43 - Nov 7 with 2134 viewsKilkennyjack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 18:47 - Nov 7 by felixstowe_jack

It comes to something when plaid cymru admit it cannot win in most seats in Wales. Yes it still claims Wales wants independence.

Its all about not splitting the Remain vote.
Nothing else.

Once we stop this xenophobic Tory Brexit, then we will see a free Wales and a free Scotland in Europe.

England can make its own mind up of course.
Stopping Brexit is the very best thing we can do for our English friends.

Beware of the Risen People

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:00 - Nov 7 with 2107 viewssg1912

If they are so confident that people 'have changed their minds', why not stand in every seat?
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:07 - Nov 7 with 2085 viewsDarran

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 20:39 - Nov 7 by Neath_Jack

at the outrage on here again.

It's absolutely the sensible thing to do, ah sensible, that'll be the problem on here.

I think you’re spectacularly missing the point there J. There’s no doubt it’s the sensible thing to do but if the National Party of Wales are so sure they can’t win seats in Wales in their own right wtf is the point of them?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:09 - Nov 7 with 2073 viewsNeath_Jack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:07 - Nov 7 by Darran

I think you’re spectacularly missing the point there J. There’s no doubt it’s the sensible thing to do but if the National Party of Wales are so sure they can’t win seats in Wales in their own right wtf is the point of them?

Ok, all of them should pack in apart from Labour and the Tory nonces, because none of the others will get in.

F*ck sake.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:12 - Nov 7 with 2058 viewsDarran

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:09 - Nov 7 by Neath_Jack

Ok, all of them should pack in apart from Labour and the Tory nonces, because none of the others will get in.

F*ck sake.

The National Party of Wales are admitting they’re not worth a wánk in Wales.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:14 - Nov 7 with 2053 viewsNeath_Jack

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:12 - Nov 7 by Darran

Dar, it's a leave or remain vote.

It's tactical.

Why split the remain vote and let the blue bastards get in?

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:14 - Nov 7 with 2050 viewsexiledclaseboy

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:12 - Nov 7 by Darran

I think you’re missing the point a bit.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:17 - Nov 7 with 2044 viewsLeonWasGod

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:07 - Nov 7 by Darran

Sad innit. People would rather be ruled by English parties. And judging from comments about the assembly on here, they’d also rather be ruled by England itself. I’m amazed more don’t have a bit of pride in their country - learn from the Scotts a bit more. I think it’d do Wales good, but what do I know I’m an outsider.
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:19 - Nov 7 with 2037 viewssg1912

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:09 - Nov 7 by Neath_Jack

F*ck sake.

... or perhaps they could provide a credible arguement to counter Labour and the Tories?

It all boils down to Remainers/Leftists thinking the general public are too thick to vote, which ironically is the reason they lost the referendum and the reason they have to pull stunts like this to avoid being wiped out in the GE.
The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:21 - Nov 7 with 2024 viewsDarran

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:17 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

Sad innit. People would rather be ruled by English parties. And judging from comments about the assembly on here, they’d also rather be ruled by England itself. I’m amazed more don’t have a bit of pride in their country - learn from the Scotts a bit more. I think it’d do Wales good, but what do I know I’m an outsider.

It’s unbelievable. The National Party of Wales are not contesting a seat in the capital city of Wales.

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:22 - Nov 7 with 2016 viewsexiledclaseboy

The National Party of Wales not contesting seats in Wales on 21:21 - Nov 7 by Darran

It’s unbelievable. The National Party of Wales are not contesting a seat in the capital city of Wales.

And they’ll still have the same number of MPs after the election than they did before it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024