Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky TV haggling 20:06 - Nov 7 with 1164 viewsdickythorpe

Just managed to get £11 off my bill for next 18 months

I have to admit I was a bit over the top "pally".

I was told there'd be an admin charge of £19.95 for the new offer.
All I said was "hmmm Christmas is around the corner can that be looked at? "
Dropped to £5 which I just said ok to.
I'm saving £191 quid in the long run so a fiver seemed not to steep (although it's a bit sneaky)

I also asked about sky movies (cinema) and there is a trial available for a few months at £5 but I said I didn't really want to pay for it.

Anyway that's my fable , if you don't ask you don't get.
Sky TV haggling on 20:14 - Nov 7 with 1145 viewsSwanjaxs

Bargain mate fair play 👍

You should have told them you were thinking of getting IPTV ...

Would have been interesting to hear thier opinion 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Sky TV haggling on 22:35 - Nov 7 with 1054 viewsstevethejack

Everyone with Sky should read this to help them get their bills down

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/75-off-sky-tv-for-existing-customers-only
Sky TV haggling on 14:57 - Nov 8 with 885 viewsbazzool

Sky TV haggling on 20:14 - Nov 7 by Swanjaxs

Bargain mate fair play 👍

You should have told them you were thinking of getting IPTV ...

Would have been interesting to hear thier opinion 😂

This is the truth - I did actually say that to them 4 years ago when I cancelled, they were offering this and that and when I told them I can get everything for 30 a year the woman said well that is very good a Nd we cannot compete with that figure lol, and that was it , I ain't had any sky virgin by now TV and whatever else is out there for 4 years - robbing barstards
Sky TV haggling on 16:43 - Nov 8 with 824 viewslifelong

Gone back to Sky after many years.

Been with Virgin Media for my phone and internet for over 20 years, it was NTL then. Their recent email stated that they were increasing my broadband and phone, weekend calls, to £45 a month.
Just had a deal with Sky, Sky Sports, entertainment, broadband and phone, anytime calls... £53 a month.
Since finishing with Virgin they have been offering me all sorts of deals which just winds me up.
Sky TV haggling on 16:56 - Nov 8 with 802 viewsJimmyGilligan

Sky TV haggling on 14:57 - Nov 8 by bazzool

This is the truth - I did actually say that to them 4 years ago when I cancelled, they were offering this and that and when I told them I can get everything for 30 a year the woman said well that is very good a Nd we cannot compete with that figure lol, and that was it , I ain't had any sky virgin by now TV and whatever else is out there for 4 years - robbing barstards

Baffles me why anyone still pays for cable tv nowadays for this exact reason. I haven't had cable for about 3 years, don't even slightly miss it.

The cable tv companies will be completely fvckd as the more internet savvy generations start getting older
Sky TV haggling on 20:34 - Nov 8 with 713 viewsBest_loser

I still have sky sports mainly for the championship games, they lost the champions league, Europa league, tennis, it's rubbish now, unless you like watching Lewis Hamilton win every race
Sky TV haggling on 21:26 - Nov 8 with 681 viewsbazzool

It is easy I suppose to have a proper service as there's no messing around , as with IPTV it's internet based so there will be problems from time to time, but you soon get in the know with all the forums and chat support to help you out, it just depends if you can be bothered enough to learn 👍🏻
Sky TV haggling on 21:41 - Nov 8 with 664 viewslifelong

Are any of these IPTV’s working these days?
Login to get fewer ads

Sky TV haggling on 21:45 - Nov 8 with 660 viewspembsjack

Always worth haggling, sky are normally pretty good to haggle with. Be brave and say no to the first couple of offers, even tell them what your willing to pay. Just done the same with BT
Sky TV haggling on 21:49 - Nov 8 with 654 viewsjojaca

Sky TV haggling on 20:34 - Nov 8 by Best_loser

I still have sky sports mainly for the championship games, they lost the champions league, Europa league, tennis, it's rubbish now, unless you like watching Lewis Hamilton win every race

I signed up in July again after spell out and already regret it. Since I have it I have only watched the TV show succession and watched the odd game of football on the weekend.

I have BT sport on the cheap with Plusnet and I am watching this more than Sky Sports. With more streaming services coming like Disney plus and Sky potentially losing more content its going to uphill battle for them.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sky TV haggling on 21:59 - Nov 8 with 644 viewsCatullus

Sky TV haggling on 16:43 - Nov 8 by lifelong

Gone back to Sky after many years.

Been with Virgin Media for my phone and internet for over 20 years, it was NTL then. Their recent email stated that they were increasing my broadband and phone, weekend calls, to £45 a month.
Just had a deal with Sky, Sky Sports, entertainment, broadband and phone, anytime calls... £53 a month.
Since finishing with Virgin they have been offering me all sorts of deals which just winds me up.

When we moved we managed to upgrade to a Q box with Netflix and Cinema too and pay £67 which is £16 cheaper than we were paying before. We've not been great at haggling but Sky do seem more compliant these days, the streaming companies and the planned start ups are scaring them I think.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sky TV haggling on 23:46 - Nov 8 with 590 viewsbazzool

Sky TV haggling on 21:41 - Nov 8 by lifelong

Yes, mine is working ok , and I believe a few others are working just dandy
Sky TV haggling on 00:25 - Nov 9 with 573 viewsJimmyGilligan

Sky TV haggling on 21:41 - Nov 8 by lifelong

I was more talking about things like the Roku or Chromecast than the 'questionable' services some on here pay for, which I personally wouldn't. If you have something like the Roku it will let you watch all the free channels; netflix, amazon prime video. You'd have NowTV and if you only occasionally watch sky sports, say the swans were on there one weekend and you didn't really have any interest in anything else on there you could buy one day access for a tenner, (there are almost always offers to get it cheaper).

Personally the only ones I pay for are netflix and amazon, if theres a game i want to watch I watch it on my PC through the streams that are always up, for nothing.

Make a list over a week of what you actually watch and you'll probably find very little of it is worth paying for, and I would bet most of the stuff you watch is available totally free anyway (legally).

Cable tv is antiquated and takes advantage of people who don't know any better or are just too lazy and would just prefer to pay £100 a month to have instant access to total guff. I used to have hundreds of channels, would regularly watch maybe 3 or 4 that are available free anyway, its madness.

Bazzool is right in saying that you are then totally reliant on your internet connection though, and if it goes down you'll have nothing. Fortunately i'm on VM which has very little, if any downtime. If you have crappy internet, invest some of the money you'll save cancelling cable into a better connection. It'll still be cheaper.

It's the same with the energy (gas/electric) companies, most people pay way over what they need to for 'convenience' but that's for another day.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 0:47]
Sky TV haggling on 00:48 - Nov 9 with 551 viewsjedijack

IPTV, iplayer, Netflix and a TV aerial serves me just fine.
Have saved well over a grand since packing Virgin Media TV off, a couple of year ago.
Sky TV haggling on 10:01 - Nov 9 with 463 viewsswan65split

Need my eyes testing though I saw Tv sha......g!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024