Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Negative Cooper 18:00 - Nov 9 with 7651 viewsFireboy2

Ive always been a cooper fan by wtf did he make 2 defensive subs? They were there for the taking ala wigan so wtf has he gone soooo negative?

We dont have an exceptional squad but there is no one to fear in this league absolutely no one.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 23:55]
Negative Cooper on 08:05 - Nov 10 with 1769 viewsThornburyswan

Can see your point but it came off at Wigan with Roberts crossing for the Surridge winner & would have worked yesterday if Westwood hadn’t pulled off a worldly to prevent Roberts from scoring late on - that said agree with the principle & believe Cooper’s strategy is all about keeping us in the mix after a better than expected start to the season, rather than go for the jugular in tight matches (acknowledge that is a riskier approach).
Negative Cooper on 08:08 - Nov 10 with 1765 viewsJinxy

Personally, I think it's all about performances and strategies, rather than results. That was the worry (in hindsight) with Monk, as the results can mask concerns. I listened to the whole game on the radio, and I think both sides had opportunities for the 3 points tbh. I believe Ayew should have made it 0-2 though?

Whilst I like Cooper (I think), and am grateful that our results and position in the league seem to be flattering us, I think that the substitutions were a little defensive, and send a message to the opponents, our players on the pitch, and to the fans (home and away). Good psychology says that attack is the best form of defence. I don't mean go gung-ho, just don't send the wrong messages. Momentum is everything. Saying all that, Cooper is still a rookie really, he will learn I'm sure, and for the playing style we want, giving youth a chance and given our financial status Cooper was/is a good appointment imho.

One last thing - someone mentioned strengthening in Jan will enable us to finish high in this league. Firstly, other clubs may/will do the same of course (!), and also I don't think there will be money in Jan, unless it's released from sales.
Negative Cooper on 08:46 - Nov 10 with 1720 viewsjack247

Negative Cooper on 08:08 - Nov 10 by Jinxy

Personally, I think it's all about performances and strategies, rather than results. That was the worry (in hindsight) with Monk, as the results can mask concerns. I listened to the whole game on the radio, and I think both sides had opportunities for the 3 points tbh. I believe Ayew should have made it 0-2 though?

Whilst I like Cooper (I think), and am grateful that our results and position in the league seem to be flattering us, I think that the substitutions were a little defensive, and send a message to the opponents, our players on the pitch, and to the fans (home and away). Good psychology says that attack is the best form of defence. I don't mean go gung-ho, just don't send the wrong messages. Momentum is everything. Saying all that, Cooper is still a rookie really, he will learn I'm sure, and for the playing style we want, giving youth a chance and given our financial status Cooper was/is a good appointment imho.

One last thing - someone mentioned strengthening in Jan will enable us to finish high in this league. Firstly, other clubs may/will do the same of course (!), and also I don't think there will be money in Jan, unless it's released from sales.

Ayew wriggled free in the box and got a scuffed shot away. It wasn’t a great shot, but was a great save as he had very little time to react. It looked like Ayew was going to lose possession, so Roberts had joined the scramble and was very close when Ayew shot. Had he known Ayew wasn’t going to be tackled, he’d have been better positioned for a tap in after Westwoods save. Just unlucky really.
Negative Cooper on 08:49 - Nov 10 with 1722 viewsDr_Winston

Negative Cooper on 23:10 - Nov 9 by SPboy

You answer a question with a question. So I’ll ask my question again, do you seriously believe the club will invest in 2 players in January ?

So you've got nothing then. There's a shock.

I'll humour you though. When money is available the club have spent it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a couple of players come in during the window. Might even see some leave too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Negative Cooper on 08:50 - Nov 10 with 1721 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We started well this season , then he stopped playing with wingers for some reason & struggled ,now he’s gone back to starting with wingers .
We’ve had some luck to be fair or are we really a tough dogged team to beat .
A couple on central midfielders in January will do , if we get one in then we’ll be in the mix .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Negative Cooper on 10:41 - Nov 10 with 1656 viewsBadlands

Negative Cooper on 08:49 - Nov 10 by Dr_Winston

So you've got nothing then. There's a shock.

I'll humour you though. When money is available the club have spent it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a couple of players come in during the window. Might even see some leave too.

Carful what you wish for.
Birch has said (as did Pearlman) if we look like a serious challenger for promotion in January funds for team strengthening would b made available.
But that could be raised by;

selling players - who would that be? Rodon is injured but an obvious choice, Roberts isn't getting picked anyway, wouldn't get much for Nordfeldt nor Mulder. So the leaves Ayew and Borja (and back to the salary issues), Celina (probably take a loss) or small beer for Grimes & Byers.

offering share options, that would bring in cash but reduce the value of shares currently owned. (Can you imagine the furore if the Trust's almost zero importance was reduced even further!)
My concern is Cooper would bring in more youngsters who are no (or barely) better than we have.

We need one defensive central midfield player who can break up play and keep possession by passing well, and I think Wilmot would do that.
I also think we need the manager to play to our strengths and develop a team ... I'm still seeing 11 individuals some of whom hasve abetter playing relationship with some others.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Negative Cooper on 11:28 - Nov 10 with 1623 viewsvetchonian

Some interesting comments on here but for me we seem to have “rescued “ more points this season than last away from home. How many games were we winning or drawing last season to give away the points towards the end like at Rotherham.
Coopers use of Roberts is innovative he can bolster the defence but is also able to play as a winger giving some additional options
Using Fulton theoretically helped ped bolster defence whilst allowing Byers to operate further forward
We all can look at things different ways

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Negative Cooper on 11:42 - Nov 10 with 1604 viewskrunchykarrot

Negative Cooper on 10:41 - Nov 10 by Badlands

Birch has said (as did Pearlman) if we look like a serious challenger for promotion in January funds for team strengthening would b made available.

selling players - who would that be? Rodon is injured but an obvious choice, Roberts isn't getting picked anyway, wouldn't get much for Nordfeldt nor Mulder. So the leaves Ayew and Borja (and back to the salary issues), Celina (probably take a loss) or small beer for Grimes & Byers.

offering share options, that would bring in cash but reduce the value of shares currently owned. (Can you imagine the furore if the Trust's almost zero importance was reduced even further!)
My concern is Cooper would bring in more youngsters who are no (or barely) better than we have.

We need one defensive central midfield player who can break up play and keep possession by passing well, and I think Wilmot would do that.
I also think we need the manager to play to our strengths and develop a team ... I'm still seeing 11 individuals some of whom hasve abetter playing relationship with some others.

I don't share you concerns over Cooper bringing in quality youngsters as i would like to see stability build and coach a team that could have a genuine shot at staying up. The only way i can see us doing that is to get a core of players playing good football.

Looking at what we have now this side would struggle and most probably come straight back down, only half a dozen or so of our current squad would IMHO be part of that core.

I would sell Ayew if someone will buy him, Baston im not so sure.

Great post, some lately have been total rubbish.
Login to get fewer ads

Negative Cooper on 13:50 - Nov 10 with 1560 viewsTimTtam

Negative Cooper on 10:41 - Nov 10 by Badlands

Borja's contract ends at the end of the season, so if we get an offer, we probably have to let him go, especially if he can't get game time. For the rest of the season we have Surridge as backup to Ayew, and even Routs to an extent.

van der Hoorn looks gone, given that he wasn't even given vice-captaincy, and his contracts also finishes up. We'll have Rodon coming back from injury to partner with Wilmot, if we do decide to sell.

Combined, they're worth approximately 7.5M. Add in the likely departure of Nordfeldt, and that'd take it up to possibly 8M. That would be more than enough to buy a quality midfielder. The remainder could go towards the 'black hole' excuse that gets mentioned every transfer window.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Negative Cooper on 14:51 - Nov 10 with 1519 viewsBadlands

Negative Cooper on 13:50 - Nov 10 by TimTtam

Borja's contract ends at the end of the season, so if we get an offer, we probably have to let him go, especially if he can't get game time. For the rest of the season we have Surridge as backup to Ayew, and even Routs to an extent.

van der Hoorn looks gone, given that he wasn't even given vice-captaincy, and his contracts also finishes up. We'll have Rodon coming back from injury to partner with Wilmot, if we do decide to sell.

Combined, they're worth approximately 7.5M. Add in the likely departure of Nordfeldt, and that'd take it up to possibly 8M. That would be more than enough to buy a quality midfielder. The remainder could go towards the 'black hole' excuse that gets mentioned every transfer window.

All makes sense but if Van Der Hoorn leaves in January our defence will suffer - he really does keep it together and is constantly, but quietly taking to players around him.
We'd be left with Cabango (good enough alongside Hoorn), Wilmot (could be recalled and good enough alongside Hoorn), Rodon (who knows when he'll be fit but could also leave & good enough alongside Hoorn) Roberts Bidwel and John with only Naughton left for experience.
I don't think any CB combination without Van Der Hoorn would last long!
The way things are gong I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in another winger on loan - there's a seat in the dugout that needs warming.

Negative Cooper on 15:13 - Nov 10 with 1490 views34dfgdf54

Negative Cooper on 11:42 - Nov 10 by krunchykarrot

I don't share you concerns over Cooper bringing in quality youngsters as i would like to see stability build and coach a team that could have a genuine shot at staying up. The only way i can see us doing that is to get a core of players playing good football.

Looking at what we have now this side would struggle and most probably come straight back down, only half a dozen or so of our current squad would IMHO be part of that core.

I would sell Ayew if someone will buy him, Baston im not so sure.

Great post, some lately have been total rubbish.

You would sell Ayew over Borja?

Madness
Negative Cooper on 15:27 - Nov 10 with 1483 viewskrunchykarrot

Negative Cooper on 15:13 - Nov 10 by 34dfgdf54

You would sell Ayew over Borja?

Madness

Yes i would sell 80k a week Ayew in a heartbeat if we could find anyone to buy him. Baston I believe has a longer contract and we are not exactly blessed with CF so yes i would keep him over AA.
Negative Cooper on 15:31 - Nov 10 with 1473 viewsFireboy2

Negative Cooper on 15:27 - Nov 10 by krunchykarrot

Yes i would sell 80k a week Ayew in a heartbeat if we could find anyone to buy him. Baston I believe has a longer contract and we are not exactly blessed with CF so yes i would keep him over AA.

Bastons contract is iirc up at the end of the season, i have a theory that he isnt being played because they dont want him getting a bad injury therefore rendering him unsellable in january.
Negative Cooper on 15:47 - Nov 10 with 1463 viewskrunchykarrot

Negative Cooper on 15:31 - Nov 10 by Fireboy2

Bastons contract is iirc up at the end of the season, i have a theory that he isnt being played because they dont want him getting a bad injury therefore rendering him unsellable in january.

Ayew has another seasons contract on reportedly 80K, there is no way he is worth that to the club and i think handicaps Cooper in the transfer market.
Negative Cooper on 12:39 - Nov 11 with 1356 views34dfgdf54

Negative Cooper on 15:47 - Nov 10 by krunchykarrot

Ayew has another seasons contract on reportedly 80K, there is no way he is worth that to the club and i think handicaps Cooper in the transfer market.

If he carries on in the form he is now, he could fire us to promotion which will mean a lot more than £80k per week (If that is the real figure of his salary).

Borja's all round performances haven't warranted him staying in the starting XI. It's clear to see, no conspiracy theories needed.
Negative Cooper on 12:59 - Nov 11 with 1342 viewsjack247

Negative Cooper on 15:31 - Nov 10 by Fireboy2

We couldn’t offload him in the summer. He’s not going to be any more saleable if he can’t get in our team.

He isn’t being played because Cooper prefers Ayew up front and Celina behind him at the moment
Negative Cooper on 13:18 - Nov 11 with 1316 viewskrunchykarrot

Negative Cooper on 12:39 - Nov 11 by 34dfgdf54

If he carries on in the form he is now, he could fire us to promotion which will mean a lot more than £80k per week (If that is the real figure of his salary).

Borja's all round performances haven't warranted him staying in the starting XI. It's clear to see, no conspiracy theories needed.

We will have to disagree Risca, i dont think AA is playing anywhere near his best form. I have made a point of watching him and he looks clueless at times one paced chasing lost causes etc. His best game for me was Cardiff where he tracked back and made a difference. Chasing pass backs to the goalie from 20 yards away is putting him out of play when we have pressed high. I struggle to see what his best position is, BB needs another run in current set up IMHO.
Negative Cooper on 14:02 - Nov 11 with 1284 viewsnantywatcher

Negative Cooper on 14:51 - Nov 10 by Badlands

All makes sense but if Van Der Hoorn leaves in January our defence will suffer - he really does keep it together and is constantly, but quietly taking to players around him.
We'd be left with Cabango (good enough alongside Hoorn), Wilmot (could be recalled and good enough alongside Hoorn), Rodon (who knows when he'll be fit but could also leave & good enough alongside Hoorn) Roberts Bidwel and John with only Naughton left for experience.
I don't think any CB combination without Van Der Hoorn would last long!
The way things are gong I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in another winger on loan - there's a seat in the dugout that needs warming.

That's left me fairly speechless - do you really believe that nonsense?
Negative Cooper on 16:17 - Nov 11 with 1197 viewsBadlands

Negative Cooper on 14:02 - Nov 11 by nantywatcher

That's left me fairly speechless - do you really believe that nonsense?

You don't think our defence will suffer?
Have watched us over the last two seasons?
Watch him during games - just because he isn't effing and blinding at his team mates doesn't mean he isn't talking and organising.
He's had to coach Roberts, Rodon, Wilmot, John, Grimes, Bidwell and Harries in the back line and cope with our fairly non-existent midfield.

Negative Cooper on 23:13 - Nov 11 with 1116 viewsJacket

True, he brought on two defensive players, but did we sit back and defend in the lead up to their equaliser? News to me if we did.
Negative Cooper on 17:11 - Nov 12 with 1009 viewsAlfieMooresSon

He's surprised me, this was a difficult job for a young Manager, I hope he keeps learning and improving quickly!
Negative Cooper on 08:58 - Nov 13 with 950 viewscbrace1

We were good saturday, was impressed with Sheff Weds. 1-0 up away from home you're naturally going to sit a little deeper and try to nick one on the break. It's not often at all that an away side wins 3/4 to nil which some folk expect. Cooper is learning, and doing an excellent job. YJB
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024