Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honestly what are people expecting. 18:08 - Nov 9 with 2547 viewsNotLoyal

We were superb today, mopping up the midfield, creating chances, penalties not given, ref bottles the sending off and we paid. But we never gave up, never stopped fighting, that's what I want to see the players who wear my clubs shirt do. The negativity is overwhelming at times, today after sorting out the first ten minutes we were the better team, it isn't our fault sheff weds hoof ball leads to chances they can't take. Another big strong team with little direction sorted superbly, to a man we were magnificent, we are growing in strength on the ball and someone is going to get a real battering at some point.

For those who saw it negatively, have a look at the highlights, look at the way we set up, the positivity on the ball, always moving forward. We are one of the best sides in this league, it's just a long journey till May. Enjoy the ups and downs, the away trips and challenges, the premier league may well be a lot of people's mecca of football, but then I doubt if many of them have known anything else.

Pull up a chair, have a cigar and enjoy what we have.

Edit MOM Ayew aside was Bidwell, he never stopped.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 18:10]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:20 - Nov 9 with 585 viewsFireboy2

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:04 - Nov 9 by Garyjack

Then again, looking at the game as a whole, we couldn't have had any complaints if we were 2 or 3 down after 25 mins. If that had been the case, then it would have been a long road back however much we were in control thereafter. Maybe it's best if you just accept that some you win, some you lose and some you draw. That's the name of the game.

I do Gaz but after that melee i said to people around me that we are going to win this game, we went on to play some cracking football and not for some silly substitutions we would have won this game comfortably, i do accept that there are some you win and some you lose but cooper needs to get back to his positive substitutions ala qpr and not negative ala potter.

He needs to grow a pair and trust players otherwise not put them on the bench.
Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:31 - Nov 9 with 574 viewsGaryjack

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:18 - Nov 9 by STID2017

I agree young man. From where I was sat, apart from the frantic start by them, only one team played football and deserved to win.
The fact that we didn't was disappointing, but we will win out in the law of averages I'm sure

Frantic start? They could have been 2 or 3 up by the time we started to play! Anyone who thinks that we should have won that game at a canter, is either pissed, one eyed or demented.
Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:39 - Nov 9 with 548 viewscontroversial_jack

Honestly what are people expecting. on 19:02 - Nov 9 by Swanjaxs

Anyways FB.

Onwards and upwards.

Millwall massive game now .

It's not a massive game, it's just another potential 3 points towards safety
Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:44 - Nov 9 with 532 viewsmagicdaps10

Honestly what are people expecting. on 20:32 - Nov 9 by Badlands

'owners that have little to no interest in us'
Aye - 21% are too busy going though the courts to pay much attention to the club and team.

You're a bit thick aren't you!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:55 - Nov 9 with 506 viewsGaryjack

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:20 - Nov 9 by Fireboy2

I do Gaz but after that melee i said to people around me that we are going to win this game, we went on to play some cracking football and not for some silly substitutions we would have won this game comfortably, i do accept that there are some you win and some you lose but cooper needs to get back to his positive substitutions ala qpr and not negative ala potter.

He needs to grow a pair and trust players otherwise not put them on the bench.

I honestly believe your overthinking things here mate, a draw was a fair result no matter what subs were made. Let's not forget we got an equaliser in the 94th min and had a shot on target in the last kick of the game. On the other hand if Weds had hit the back of our net 3 or 4 times today we would be complaining about our defensive deficiencies rather than our lack of attacking prowess or subs made. We are were we are mate, and that is 4th in the table after cashing in to the tune of £32m for our best two players in the summer. Breathe, relax and chill.
Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:59 - Nov 9 with 490 viewsploppy

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:31 - Nov 9 by Garyjack

Frantic start? They could have been 2 or 3 up by the time we started to play! Anyone who thinks that we should have won that game at a canter, is either pissed, one eyed or demented.

Exactly - we can't complain. We were hanging on in the first 10/15mins. We played some lovely stuff after that but our first goal came from the keeper's mistake. And Murphy hit the post in the second half when it looked easier to score. The disappointing thing is we gave away two crappy goals - but they could say exactly the same. We needed to take one of the chances we had in the spell in the second half (Ayew's header probably the best) and I think we'd have won it from there. The quality of our football was good though, apart from finishing. Take the point and move on. That's football, innit.

P.S. Fletcher's a big baby.
Honestly what are people expecting. on 22:04 - Nov 9 with 477 viewsraynor94

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:55 - Nov 9 by Garyjack

I honestly believe your overthinking things here mate, a draw was a fair result no matter what subs were made. Let's not forget we got an equaliser in the 94th min and had a shot on target in the last kick of the game. On the other hand if Weds had hit the back of our net 3 or 4 times today we would be complaining about our defensive deficiencies rather than our lack of attacking prowess or subs made. We are were we are mate, and that is 4th in the table after cashing in to the tune of £32m for our best two players in the summer. Breathe, relax and chill.

If someone had said we would be 4th at this stage of the season, I would have snapped your hand off.

Cooper is doing an excellent job, and some of the reaction to us extending our unbeaten away record, are way ott

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Honestly what are people expecting. on 22:21 - Nov 9 with 460 viewsmonmouth

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:59 - Nov 9 by ploppy

Exactly - we can't complain. We were hanging on in the first 10/15mins. We played some lovely stuff after that but our first goal came from the keeper's mistake. And Murphy hit the post in the second half when it looked easier to score. The disappointing thing is we gave away two crappy goals - but they could say exactly the same. We needed to take one of the chances we had in the spell in the second half (Ayew's header probably the best) and I think we'd have won it from there. The quality of our football was good though, apart from finishing. Take the point and move on. That's football, innit.

P.S. Fletcher's a big baby.

Yep. thats football. Good summary.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Honestly what are people expecting. on 22:21 - Nov 9 with 459 viewsFireboy2

Honestly what are people expecting. on 22:04 - Nov 9 by raynor94

If someone had said we would be 4th at this stage of the season, I would have snapped your hand off.

Cooper is doing an excellent job, and some of the reaction to us extending our unbeaten away record, are way ott

So would i rayns BUT we should be doing better.

There are only two games where we definitely didnt deserve to the 3pts, leeds and wigan away apart from that most of the results have been spot on.

As ive said again and again and again and again on the whole we should have won todays game.
Honestly what are people expecting. on 22:47 - Nov 9 with 442 viewsswan65split

One of the main positives Today, 2-1 down . minutes to go, we dont give in or hide like we have in the past.
Honestly what are people expecting. on 22:55 - Nov 9 with 432 viewssainthelens

Honestly what are people expecting. on 22:21 - Nov 9 by Fireboy2

So would i rayns BUT we should be doing better.

There are only two games where we definitely didnt deserve to the 3pts, leeds and wigan away apart from that most of the results have been spot on.

As ive said again and again and again and again on the whole we should have won todays game.

The frustration you/we feel FB wont be lost on Cooper, go easy on him pal, we can't forget this is all new to him too and he's balancing everything pretty well I'd say. Yes he's making the odd mistake, but he's well in credit I'd say. Just needs support in the window now.
Honestly what are people expecting. on 11:47 - Nov 10 with 311 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Honestly what are people expecting. on 21:04 - Nov 9 by Garyjack

Then again, looking at the game as a whole, we couldn't have had any complaints if we were 2 or 3 down after 25 mins. If that had been the case, then it would have been a long road back however much we were in control thereafter. Maybe it's best if you just accept that some you win, some you lose and some you draw. That's the name of the game.

Ok Bjorn

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Honestly what are people expecting. on 11:50 - Nov 10 with 304 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Honestly what are people expecting. on 18:52 - Nov 9 by sainthelens

Watching us it's like the players know they are the better team in every game they play. Call it arrogance/complaincey....wotever. As previously mentioned, if we can just do that extra 10 per cent, we'll be pssn this league.
That said, I still feel we need bitta squad strengthening come Jan. From where we now are, we gotta push on...not be worried about promotion and wether we'd survive, keeping this side together for experience won't happen cos we'll constantly be losing our better players then having to start again.
It's all about the now....and if we can see that, then the owners can recoup investment pretty quickly.

The extra 10 percent did show itself. After we went behind!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024