Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this seasons side better than last. 18:47 - Nov 9 with 1961 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper doing a fantastic job.

The team is showing its battling qualities as well.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 19:27]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is this sessons side better than last. on 19:44 - Nov 9 with 1873 viewsGwyn737

When you compare team sheets it’s tempting to say last year’s was better on an individual and like for like basis.

However, the amount of grit this squad is showing is developing into a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Is this sessons side better than last. on 19:57 - Nov 9 with 1837 viewsMagic_Michu

This year’s team with Dan James and a fit Leroy Fer would p*ss all over this league.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Is this sessons side better than last. on 20:27 - Nov 9 with 1776 viewsBadlands

'Is this seasons side better than last.'
It is a better squad but a poorer team.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is this sessons side better than last. on 20:30 - Nov 9 with 1762 viewsGaryjack

Is this sessons side better than last. on 19:57 - Nov 9 by Magic_Michu

This year’s team with Dan James and a fit Leroy Fer would p*ss all over this league.

Yeah and if we had Michu and Gylfi as well, and Bony at his best we'd be awesome!
Is this sessons side better than last. on 20:35 - Nov 9 with 1741 viewsBadlands

Is this sessons side better than last. on 19:57 - Nov 9 by Magic_Michu

Maybe
but Leroy wasn't fit for most of last season
and
James would have been on the bench for the first 10 games and then played in central midfield,
To be serious - the way we set up under Cooper James would rarely have had space to work in.

Is this sessons side better than last. on 20:35 - Nov 9 with 1741 viewsGaryjack

Is this sessons side better than last. on 20:27 - Nov 9 by Badlands

'Is this seasons side better than last.'
It is a better squad but a poorer team.

Dear god. Go and have some sausage and mash for fvcks sake!
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 20:36]
Is this sessons side better than last. on 23:45 - Nov 9 with 1574 viewsSgorioFruit

This season is wayyyyy better than last

Anyone remember nordfelt? And a crazy deluded manager who wanted to play him?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Is this sessons side better than last. on 07:29 - Nov 10 with 1451 viewsjack247

Is this sessons side better than last. on 23:45 - Nov 9 by SgorioFruit

That’ll be the clueless buffoon that took over a club in the midst of a firesale, steadied the ship, did well enough to get a top flight job and currently has Brighton 8th in the Premier League. Still, didn’t know much about football.

He only had Nordfeldt and (for part of the season) Mulder to choose from. I’m pretty sure he’d have played Woodman if he had the choice.

Players and managers aren’t automatically shit the moment they leave us.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this sessons side better than last. on 10:02 - Nov 10 with 1356 views34dfgdf54

Is this sessons side better than last. on 23:45 - Nov 9 by SgorioFruit

The same Nordfelt that is being picked as second choice above Mulder under Cooper?

Potter has led Brighton to 8th after a year of complete struggle last time around. Quality manager.
Is this sessons side better than last. on 11:12 - Nov 10 with 1293 viewsSgorioFruit

Potter led Brighton to 8th in premier league but still couldn't get his head around a glaringly obvious goalkeeper situation here at SCFC
The mind boggles. It really does.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Is this sessons side better than last. on 11:20 - Nov 10 with 1277 viewsvetchonian

Is this sessons side better than last. on 11:12 - Nov 10 by SgorioFruit

Potter led Brighton to 8th in premier league but still couldn't get his head around a glaringly obvious goalkeeper situation here at SCFC

Not for the first time at the swans either many could never understand why Tosh picked Dai the drop Davies above Dave Stewart

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is this sessons side better than last. on 11:51 - Nov 10 with 1242 viewskrunchykarrot

Is this sessons side better than last. on 11:20 - Nov 10 by vetchonian

Not for the first time at the swans either many could never understand why Tosh picked Dai the drop Davies above Dave Stewart

That my friend is the biggest mystery and cock ups ive ever witnessed at the Vetch. I often see Tosh and want to ask why he persisted with him, but he's a huge barsix who has managed some of the best clubs and players in the world so i will resist.

Other ex players wont give an opinion either by the way.
Is this sessons side better than last. on 12:07 - Nov 10 with 1224 viewsjack247

Is this sessons side better than last. on 11:12 - Nov 10 by SgorioFruit

Not really. He had to pick a keeper. His choices were Nordfeldt, Mulder and possibly Benda. It’s not as if he left Alisson and Edison on the bench.
Is this sessons side better than last. on 14:36 - Nov 10 with 1167 viewsthornabyswan

Is this sessons side better than last. on 10:02 - Nov 10 by 34dfgdf54

The same Nordfelt that is being picked as second choice above Mulder under Cooper?

Potter has led Brighton to 8th after a year of complete struggle last time around. Quality manager.

Funny how our managers are so great after they have left according to some on here.

We finished 10th last season couldnt defend a set piece and he kept faith with the worse keeper I can remember in a Swans shirt.

Copper has us 4th in the league unbeaten away sorted out set piece defending and brought in a decent keeper.

Doing a better job than Potter ever did.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 14:38]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is this sessons side better than last. on 14:42 - Nov 10 with 1154 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Is this sessons side better than last. on 14:36 - Nov 10 by thornabyswan

Funny how our managers are so great after they have left according to some on here.

We finished 10th last season couldnt defend a set piece and he kept faith with the worse keeper I can remember in a Swans shirt.

Copper has us 4th in the league unbeaten away sorted out set piece defending and brought in a decent keeper.

In that case he won’t be here next season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Is this sessons side better than last. on 14:44 - Nov 10 with 1151 viewsBadlands

In fairness Cooper has a far more settled and experienced squad.
And, IMHO the standard in the Championship this season is low.

Is this sessons side better than last. on 15:12 - Nov 10 with 1116 viewskrunchykarrot

Potter had us playing some lovely attacking football, he also struggled defensively.

We now have a world class GK coach who's gone out and got us a decent keeper after working with squad for a few weeks.

Cooper has made some odd decisions to be honest but so did Potter early doors, I hope Cooper is given time and support to build a squad.
Is this sessons side better than last. on 16:23 - Nov 10 with 1059 views34dfgdf54

Potter will be judged on what be done here, which was brilliant considering the circumstances, hence premier league clubs knocking on his door.

Cooper is also doing a brilliant job. However he looked on the ropes a few weeks back, the derby win has got us going again.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 16:24]
Is this sessons side better than last. on 16:55 - Nov 10 with 1029 viewsvetchonian

Is this sessons side better than last. on 11:51 - Nov 10 by krunchykarrot

That my friend is the biggest mystery and cock ups ive ever witnessed at the Vetch. I often see Tosh and want to ask why he persisted with him, but he's a huge barsix who has managed some of the best clubs and players in the world so i will resist.

Other ex players wont give an opinion either by the way.

Wasnt there talk Tosh was trying to build a DIV1 SIDE FULL of Welsh players partly why he brought Leighton Phillip's and Dai the drop

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is this sessons side better than last. on 17:07 - Nov 10 with 1011 viewsNeath_Jack

We lost a game changing winger, but have gained a better manager (IMO).

Six to one, half a dozen the other.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is this sessons side better than last. on 17:23 - Nov 10 with 982 viewsGaryjack

Is this sessons side better than last. on 16:55 - Nov 10 by vetchonian

Wasnt there talk Tosh was trying to build a DIV1 SIDE FULL of Welsh players partly why he brought Leighton Phillip's and Dai the drop

He most certainly was. Why else would he sign such players as:

Dai Rajkovic
Gareth Stanley
Bob 'Llewellyn' Latchford
Is this sessons side better than last. on 17:32 - Nov 10 with 960 viewsLeonWasGod

The side’s not that changed.

We’ve a stronger keeper (just about)
Lost a quality CM, even if he was injured a lot (but he was also influential around the place)
Lost a goal machine, gained better depth with Borja & Surridge
Lost a top, top quality winger in Dan, but gained a top quality Ayew
Improved on our loan CB

Montero was also a pain in the opposition’s side for the few games we had him.

There’s not much in it.
Is this sessons side better than last. on 17:36 - Nov 10 with 949 viewslonglostjack

Is this sessons side better than last. on 12:07 - Nov 10 by jack247

Not really. He had to pick a keeper. His choices were Nordfeldt, Mulder and possibly Benda. It’s not as if he left Alisson and Edison on the bench.

Benda is doing very well at Swindon according to press reports.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is this sessons side better than last. on 17:36 - Nov 10 with 947 viewsLeonWasGod

Is this sessons side better than last. on 15:12 - Nov 10 by krunchykarrot

Potter had us playing some lovely attacking football, he also struggled defensively.

We now have a world class GK coach who's gone out and got us a decent keeper after working with squad for a few weeks.

Cooper has made some odd decisions to be honest but so did Potter early doors, I hope Cooper is given time and support to build a squad.

Generally agreed. Although we could dig in when we wanted to. The Man C game was a masterclass in defending, only undone by a wrongly awarded pen and s wrongly awarded offside goal.

I thing we were better on the ball last season. But we seem to be able to find a little extra and have more of a never say die attitude this one.
Is this sessons side better than last. on 19:16 - Nov 10 with 893 viewssioni

Is this sessons side better than last. on 17:36 - Nov 10 by LeonWasGod

Generally agreed. Although we could dig in when we wanted to. The Man C game was a masterclass in defending, only undone by a wrongly awarded pen and s wrongly awarded offside goal.

I thing we were better on the ball last season. But we seem to be able to find a little extra and have more of a never say die attitude this one.

Agree with your analysis but mention of that Man City game still causes mixed emotions: on the one hand, delight in the quality of our football on that day which was as good as in any of our games in the Premiership ; on the other, the standard of officiating reminded me of the frequency of similarly inept decisions in the Prem that led unfortunately to the belief that the officiating was often biased or prejudiced(for a variety of reasons).

Pity we didn’t have VAR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024