Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 15:00 - Nov 11 with 5667 viewsTenbySwan

Have the Welsh Nationalists taken over the FAW?

Just received an e mail from them , in ENGLISH, highlighting the new CYMRU shirt and all the upcoming matches for CYMRU men, women and youth.
Cymru v Hungary etc

The e mail is headlined. "It's here the new CYMRU shirt"

What the fecking hell is wrong with calling us Wales?

Has this been agreed with UEFA?
Wales on 19:21 - Nov 11 with 1475 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales on 19:19 - Nov 11 by JBT95

I linked it in the post you quoted ffs
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:20]

I've no interest in the new Spain top.

I was just commenting on the comparison Darran made about the Wales top looking like a Spanish one.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales on 19:21 - Nov 11 with 1475 viewsJBT95

Wales on 18:00 - Nov 11 by builthjack

Wake up Tenby. Cymru has been the name used for quite a while.

Regarding the shirt, at £65 it's fcking ridiculously overpriced.
I will wait, as I do with the Swans, until the 70% off sale.

It's £55.25 for Red Wall members (15% off).
Wales on 19:22 - Nov 11 with 1469 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 19:21 - Nov 11 by JBT95

It's £55.25 for Red Wall members (15% off).

I am a red wall member. Still to fcking expensive.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales on 19:22 - Nov 11 with 1469 viewsTenbySwan

Wales on 19:14 - Nov 11 by builthjack

Sky have been referring to us as Cymru since the Croatia and Hungary games back in June

Disagree. I have watched the last couple of Wales games on Sky and not heard it once.

Also check their list of live fixtures.

Azerbaijan v WALES. Saturday.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:25]
Wales on 19:27 - Nov 11 with 1460 viewsJBT95

Wales on 19:22 - Nov 11 by builthjack

I am a red wall member. Still to fcking expensive.

It's the going rate these days, least it covers 2 years again (I presume so anyway).
Wales on 19:28 - Nov 11 with 1455 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 19:22 - Nov 11 by TenbySwan

Disagree. I have watched the last couple of Wales games on Sky and not heard it once.

Also check their list of live fixtures.

Azerbaijan v WALES. Saturday.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 19:25]

Meibion Glyndwr are on the way to Tenby

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales on 20:30 - Nov 11 with 1418 viewsTenbySwan

Wales on 19:28 - Nov 11 by builthjack

Meibion Glyndwr are on the way to Tenby

😂
Wales on 20:39 - Nov 11 with 1405 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 20:30 - Nov 11 by TenbySwan

😂

💣💣💣🚒

Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 21:24 - Nov 11 with 1372 viewsJack59

Less than 10% of the population dictating what the rest of us have to put up with.
Only a matter of time before the nutters want us renamed to Abertawe F.C.

Come on you Abers! What a joke! The problem is that it's far from funny
Wales on 21:40 - Nov 11 with 1344 viewsDarran

Wales on 21:24 - Nov 11 by Jack59

Less than 10% of the population dictating what the rest of us have to put up with.

Make Abertawe Great Again.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wales on 22:10 - Nov 11 with 1323 viewsBadlands

You don't have to put up with it because English dominates in all aspects of Wales - it's what happened everywhere England colonised.
Why should we speak English when the saes are in the room ... people in Kent don't speak Welsh when Welsh speakers turn up.
Maybe there are only 10% speaking Cymraeg because so many people sublimate themselves to their overlords and because so much of Cymru has been taken over by Saes who are looking for cheap housing and expect the world to revolve around them.
Swansea has been Swansea (or a similar form) since the 10th Century and originated from mid-Norse and pre-dates Abertawe. Technically Swansea is the original name for the settlement.
Cymru pre-dates Wales.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales on 22:40 - Nov 11 with 1313 viewsSgorioFruit

Wales on 22:10 - Nov 11 by Badlands

You don't have to put up with it because English dominates in all aspects of Wales - it's what happened everywhere England colonised.
Why should we speak English when the saes are in the room ... people in Kent don't speak Welsh when Welsh speakers turn up.
Maybe there are only 10% speaking Cymraeg because so many people sublimate themselves to their overlords and because so much of Cymru has been taken over by Saes who are looking for cheap housing and expect the world to revolve around them.
Swansea has been Swansea (or a similar form) since the 10th Century and originated from mid-Norse and pre-dates Abertawe. Technically Swansea is the original name for the settlement.
Cymru pre-dates Wales.

And that my friend finishes all debate.
Lock the thread.

Top posting.

Diolch

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Wales on 23:14 - Nov 11 with 1287 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 22:10 - Nov 11 by Badlands

Cymru pre-dates Wales.

Good post - but Google says ....

19%
The Welsh language continues to thrive, in fact, around half a million people in Wales speak Welsh; that's around 19% of the population. The majority of people living in Wales can speak English, making Wales a bilingual nation.

Well done to FAW for promoting our national language.

The Swans need to follow the FAW lead.

Having 2 languages is normal.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales on 08:08 - Nov 12 with 1200 viewsSgorioFruit

Wales on 23:14 - Nov 11 by Kilkennyjack

19%
The Welsh language continues to thrive, in fact, around half a million people in Wales speak Welsh; that's around 19% of the population. The majority of people living in Wales can speak English, making Wales a bilingual nation.

And that my friend finishes all debate.
Lock the thread.

Top posting.

Diolch

Wales on 09:25 - Nov 12 with 1160 viewsladyjack

Wales on 09:28 - Nov 12 with 1157 viewsVincent_Vega

Wales on 09:25 - Nov 12 by ladyjack

What a bunch of saps if that's to be believed.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Wales on 09:32 - Nov 12 with 1155 viewszedlep

The name Wallace, as in ‘William Wallace - (Braveheart)’ is derived from the same Anglo Saxon term meaning ‘foreigner or outsider’ and as such we are the only nation called ‘foreigners’ in our own country! Tinges of ‘Barbarians’ and the Greeks (only inverted).
Yes to ‘Cymru’ and get rid of the Three Feathers, ‘Ich dien’ and the Prince of Wales insult at the same time.

Zedzdead

Wales on 10:52 - Nov 12 with 1108 viewsCwmafanJack

Wales on 18:18 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If you feel that way, why are you communicating using English and not Cymraeg?

Two reasons.

1. I'm communicating through this foreign language so most people on here who dont speak gods language can understand.

2. I would rather communicate yn gymraeg but as point 1 states I speak saesneg so kentts like you can feel involved.

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Wales on 10:55 - Nov 12 with 1101 viewsCwmafanJack

Clwb Pel-Droed Dinas Abertawe now how much better does that sound. I also think you'll find it's a hell of a lot more than 10% topping over 30% at the last sentence bach. Funny watching all the unionists pantsing themselves knowing there precious union is coming to an end. Cymru rydd

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Wales on 13:30 - Nov 12 with 1040 viewsUxbridge

Wales on 19:11 - Nov 11 by TenbySwan

If it is. It is wrong.

We are 'Wales' in English.

Small minded Plaid Cymru nonsense by the same ones that want to call the Assembly 'Senedd'.

Will Sky be sayimg welcome to 'Cymru v Hungary' next Tuesday? NO

Yes fine for S4C to refer to Cymru when talking Welsh but to start using it in English is just small minded political cr@p.

There certainly seems to be a bit of smallmindedness going on here.

Out of interest, what are your views on the proposed name of the Welsh Assembly as the Senedd?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wales on 13:49 - Nov 12 with 1021 viewsHighjack

Wales on 10:52 - Nov 12 by CwmafanJack

Two reasons.

1. I'm communicating through this foreign language so most people on here who dont speak gods language can understand.

2. I would rather communicate yn gymraeg but as point 1 states I speak saesneg so kentts like you can feel involved.

What we need is a section of the forum where those who wish to converse in cymraeg can do so. It’s ridiculous that planetswans doesn’t have a welsh forum in 2019. I imagine it would be really busy.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wales on 14:14 - Nov 12 with 998 viewsBadlands

Wales on 23:14 - Nov 11 by Kilkennyjack

19%

I was responding to Jack59 and didn't check his facts.
You are correct.

I stayed in Rome for the Swans game in Naples and three Italians (from Milan & Rome) and a Norwegian spoke Cymraeg with us.
The first two learned Cymraeg when studying for a year in Bangor and the Norwegian while working in Llanelli.
Each Italian was quite fluent in Italian, Spanish, English, French and Cymraeg (one also spoke German)
The Norwegian spoke 9 languages.
Years ago met an unemployed dock worker on a train in Greece who spoke 5 languages.
Only English speaking people think monoglotism is normal.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales on 18:10 - Nov 12 with 927 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales on 10:52 - Nov 12 by CwmafanJack

Two reasons.

This is a forum for a club in the English Football League. A club who represent England when playing in European tournaments.

English is not a 'foreign' language for this football club. It's the first language.

Perhaps you would be better off supporting Port Talbot in the Welsh Football League?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales on 19:21 - Nov 12 with 913 viewsSgorioFruit

Wales on 13:49 - Nov 12 by Highjack

What we need is a section of the forum where those who wish to converse in cymraeg can do so. It’s ridiculous that planetswans doesn’t have a welsh forum in 2019. I imagine it would be really busy.

finally, someone gets it
Can we make this happen please planetswans?
We used to have one before didn't we?
And them lot up the road who couldn't decide to play in blue or red have their own Cymraeg section, why cant we?

Wales on 19:23 - Nov 12 with 910 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales on 19:21 - Nov 12 by SgorioFruit

finally, someone gets it
Can we make this happen please planetswans?
We used to have one before didn't we?
And them lot up the road who couldn't decide to play in blue or red have their own Cymraeg section, why cant we?

Because it would be too popular and risk killing the English sections of the forum.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024