Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal 13:50 - Nov 12 with 12947 viewsQJumpingJack

Some interesting comments from our former chairman on the James to Leeds move in early 2019.
Source: The Athletic

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-james-man-utd-
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 21:33 - Nov 12 with 2045 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 21:00 - Nov 12 by LeonWasGod

He’s not a bad player, but this is his level. That was the problem - 1 decent season in the PL when everything clicked and we chucked money at him. Gower has one decent season in the PL when everything clicked around him, but I wouldn’t have spent £26m on him either.

Stupid signing for the money given Huw’s normal tight-fistedness. Maybe having someone else make the decision on money (or thinking the Yanks has more than they did) threw him? Who knows. But he went nuts that season and wasted it all.

Clucas probably could have done a decent job playing in his natural position in a team that wasn't circling the drain. Ultimately we paid far too much for a player we didn't know what to do with. Symptomatic of the kind of malaise and lack of direction that surrounded the place from late 2014 onwards.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:10 - Nov 12 with 2003 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 20:20 - Nov 12 by Garyjack

Well done, in just two short paragraphs, you've summed things up perfectly.

But he will still go down as the most successful chairman in
The club's history.
And we are still reaping the rewards from the £10 mill he invested in fairwood.
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:26 - Nov 12 with 1979 viewsDewi1jack

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:10 - Nov 12 by Nortbankboy

The club's history.

You make it sound like he invested his own cash.

Would have struggled to raise that on his paltry£500,000 plus a year salary.
Sooner him and his fukwit mates end up raising nigh on £22 million plus costs and compo for fuking the Trust over the better.
See how much bullsh1t we hear then when the fukker owns shares worth(in comparison) close to nothing.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:35 - Nov 12 with 1965 viewsGaryjack

The club's history.

He didn't invest a penny in fairwood! It was the clubs money which was a gravy train for certain individuals to make a small fortune out of. And the same fairwood that will be shut down within the next year as we cannot afford the running costs!
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:39 - Nov 12 with 1956 viewsBadlands

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:35 - Nov 12 by Garyjack

He didn't invest a penny in fairwood! It was the clubs money which was a gravy train for certain individuals to make a small fortune out of. And the same fairwood that will be shut down within the next year as we cannot afford the running costs!

Nor did any of the other shareholders or shareholder groups or shareholder group members.
Money was invested in our future - he and the other shareholders the shareholder groups and shareholder group members at the time need to be congratulated and deserve our thanks.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:39 - Nov 12 with 1954 viewsswancity

The club's history.

Yes certainly successful for a period. And then a failure who became devious and selfish with a vastly over inflated opinion of his worth and questionable ability.

And you repeating the same old crap doesn’t change that.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:44 - Nov 12 with 1942 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:39 - Nov 12 by swancity

Yes certainly successful for a period. And then a failure who became devious and selfish with a vastly over inflated opinion of his worth and questionable ability.

And you repeating the same old crap doesn’t change that.

If you call taking a club from the bottom of league 2
To the pre m and now 4th in the championship s failure you are right
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:52 - Nov 12 with 1932 viewsGaryjack

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:39 - Nov 12 by Badlands

Nor did any of the other shareholders or shareholder groups or shareholder group members.
Money was invested in our future - he and the other shareholders the shareholder groups and shareholder group members at the time need to be congratulated and deserve our thanks.

I'm sure you've made sense in your tiny mind of what you've just posted. I doubt whether anyone else has.
Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:58 - Nov 12 with 1921 viewsswancity

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:44 - Nov 12 by Nortbankboy

As I said successful for a period. Until other things became more important to him. By the way, others were involved with the successful period. It wasn’t all attributable to Jenkins was it. Its sad the way things ended. Greed tends to have that affect (on otherwise good) people.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 23:02 - Nov 12 with 1916 viewsDarran

Fuçking idiot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 01:29 - Nov 13 with 1876 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 21:26 - Nov 12 by Glyn1

Would that be the Sam Clucas who Stoke fans think is their player of the season, and who scored 2 goals away at Barnsley last Saturday?

That Sam Clucas? Miles better than Joe Allen apparently.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291931/sam-clucas-appreciation-thread

You'll be telling us he's worth the £16M an idiot paid for him next.

I wouldn't trust Stoke fans to recognise a decent footballer if one bit them on the backside.

You clearly didn't see him "play" for us then?

Clucas was in my opinion weighed down to some degree by the ridiculous fee but having said that, he was absolute garbage for us.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 04:09 - Nov 13 with 1850 viewsTimTtam

Jenkins did very well by us early, slowly became greedy, screwed up big time towards the end, but then as a last act, saved us and also stopped Leeds getting promoted.

Overall he did some good and some bad. His comments in the present day mean nothing. But in the present, we have to be grateful that he kept James so that we got 15M from him rather than 8.5M over 3 years. Had we not got that extra money, I'm sure either Borja & Ayew would be back out on loan, or Mike would have been sold.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 07:36 - Nov 13 with 1807 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 04:09 - Nov 13 by TimTtam

Jenkins did very well by us early, slowly became greedy, screwed up big time towards the end, but then as a last act, saved us and also stopped Leeds getting promoted.

Overall he did some good and some bad. His comments in the present day mean nothing. But in the present, we have to be grateful that he kept James so that we got 15M from him rather than 8.5M over 3 years. Had we not got that extra money, I'm sure either Borja & Ayew would be back out on loan, or Mike would have been sold.

A fair summation. It's just a shame that the likes of Wathan and Vincent were surgically attached to his anus, otherwise he may well have been held more accountable.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 08:22 - Nov 13 with 1779 viewsswan65split

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 04:09 - Nov 13 by TimTtam

feck him......we still not secure, the next few years are critical.
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 09:27 - Nov 13 with 1748 viewsJackSomething

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 22:44 - Nov 12 by Nortbankboy

WTF does Jenkins have to do with us being 4th in the Championship? Did he not leave the club last season then?

If you're going to be an apologist, at least come up with something slightly credible.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 11:30 - Nov 13 with 1695 viewsswanforthemoney

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 01:29 - Nov 13 by Joe_bradshaw

You'll be telling us he's worth the £16M an idiot paid for him next.

I wouldn't trust Stoke fans to recognise a decent footballer if one bit them on the backside.

You clearly didn't see him "play" for us then?

Clucas was in my opinion weighed down to some degree by the ridiculous fee but having said that, he was absolute garbage for us.

We didn't use him properly.
We overpaid, but we could have used him better

I stand in the North Stand

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 12:42 - Nov 13 with 1652 viewsHighjack

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 09:27 - Nov 13 by JackSomething

WTF does Jenkins have to do with us being 4th in the Championship? Did he not leave the club last season then?

If you're going to be an apologist, at least come up with something slightly credible.

It’s a bit like saying well done to the captain of the titanic for getting the ship three quarters of the way across the Atlantic before crashing it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 13:06 - Nov 13 with 1632 viewsjacktar

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 19:48 - Nov 12 by Darran

There does seem to be a bit of that going on doesn’t there?

He's revelled for too long in his egotistical, self promoted status. It's high time he stewed in obscurity for the foreseeable future.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 18:54 - Nov 13 with 1493 viewsNortbankboy

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 09:27 - Nov 13 by JackSomething

I thought we were still in the championship?

Don't know if you were a swan fan when he took over as chairman
But we were bottom of league 2
Playing in front of 3k crowds and training on Ashleigh rd
The club has come a long way since then.
And I am grateful for having seen the most successful period in the club's history.
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 19:08 - Nov 13 with 1478 viewsPozuelosSideys

All this about how Beaky did us all a favour and did so many wonderful things etc like investing in Fairwood and the youth policy whilst doing loan deals or turning his phone off.

THAT WAS HIS JOB! He was paid ALOT of money and far higher than most clubs of our size. He was remunerated at PL levels after we had been relegated to the Championship.

He failed. We were relegated and his contract was not renewed. Not difficult. Lets not defend the bloke.If he was the CEO of a bank everyone would be screaming the place down. Take the money when times are good. Just pls fk off and keep your mouth shut when its all gone t1ts up

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 19:37 - Nov 13 with 1450 viewsbonymine

You are an absolute W⚓️. Deluded in the extreme !!
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 19:38]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 20:17 - Nov 13 with 1411 viewsNotLoyal

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 18:54 - Nov 13 by Nortbankboy

And I am grateful for having seen the most successful period in the club's history.

It wasnt just him, he was pushed in to it but was led by others, and many who did the real work to fight the machine for 5 years before this got nothing but ignored.
However, nobody denies the work that was done after 2002.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 20:49 - Nov 13 with 1377 viewsJackSomething

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 18:54 - Nov 13 by Nortbankboy

Yes, Huw did get us relegated into the championship. But he has nothing to do with us being 4th currently. Bizarre.

If you'd been around this forum in past incarnations, you'd have seen me praising Jenkins to the hilt as we rose up through the leagues. Usually arguing against T2C who only decided Jenkins was doing a good job once the club was sold! The good he did doesn't excuse his desperation to sell to anyone and cash out, no matter how unsuitable the buyers may be.

I hope you and Badlands are getting paid to be apologists on here. It'd be a shame to look so stupid so often without some reward.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 20:58 - Nov 13 with 1358 viewsGaryjack

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 20:17 - Nov 13 by NotLoyal

It wasnt just him, he was pushed in to it but was led by others, and many who did the real work to fight the machine for 5 years before this got nothing but ignored.

If it wasn't for Brian Katzen and Jeffrey Crevoiserat, who together held 21% of the shares. I'm 100% convinced that we would have been nothing more than 'local owners saves club from oblivion'. Please, don't anyone tell me that Huw Jenkins and Martin fvckin Morgan had some sort of vision to create a successful football club from the utter dreadful state we were in.
Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 21:04 - Nov 13 with 1345 viewsDarran

Huw Jenkins and the Daniel James deal on 20:17 - Nov 13 by NotLoyal

He wasn’t watching Swansea City at the time of Tony Petty either because he was chairman of another football club.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024