Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 an hour 10:56 - Nov 13 with 7495 viewsVincent_Vega

For making Big Mac's. I could only dream of earning that!!

Question is will the price of the wrap of the day go up?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

£15 an hour on 12:56 - Nov 13 with 3950 viewsLord_Bony

Virtually every one of those Mac Donald's franchises makes a healthy profit in the UK.

They could absorb these extra costs but they would demand more efficiency in return.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

£15 an hour on 13:32 - Nov 13 with 3885 viewsVincent_Vega

£15 an hour on 12:56 - Nov 13 by Lord_Bony

Virtually every one of those Mac Donald's franchises makes a healthy profit in the UK.

They could absorb these extra costs but they would demand more efficiency in return.

So what’s the point of a university education when you can earn over 30k on a drive through?

What’s the point in aspiring to have a decent career when you can over 30k making McFlurrys

And before someone comes back with ‘giving £15 an our to McDonald’s workers Will increase wages across the board’ where do you think this money will come from because I can guarantee it won’t be out of the top 1% bonus’

I’m seeing it in my work where due to the minimum wage increase people aren’t bothering to climb the ladder as the wage gap between the entry level positions and middle management Has closed right up.

£15 an hour on 13:37 - Nov 13 with 3870 viewsLord_Bony

£15 an hour on 13:32 - Nov 13 by Vincent_Vega

So what’s the point of a university education when you can earn over 30k on a drive through?

What’s the point in aspiring to have a decent career when you can over 30k making McFlurrys

And before someone comes back with ‘giving £15 an our to McDonald’s workers Will increase wages across the board’ where do you think this money will come from because I can guarantee it won’t be out of the top 1% bonus’

I’m seeing it in my work where due to the minimum wage increase people aren’t bothering to climb the ladder as the wage gap between the entry level positions and middle management Has closed right up.

There are 16 year old kids selling online that make far more than uni grads could ever hope for...and far less stressful work. Some entrepreneurs just operate from a nice beach resort in Thailand or the Philippines a few hours a day.

So yes, in some cases what is the point?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

£15 an hour on 13:43 - Nov 13 with 3847 viewsWingstandwood

£15 is only fair when you consider the hyperinflation you'd get with a (Venezuela eat your heart out!) Marxist Labour government, you'd be able to buy a Coke out of that.

Argus!

£15 an hour on 16:27 - Nov 13 with 3703 viewsVincent_Vega

£15 an hour on 13:37 - Nov 13 by Lord_Bony

There are 16 year old kids selling online that make far more than uni grads could ever hope for...and far less stressful work. Some entrepreneurs just operate from a nice beach resort in Thailand or the Philippines a few hours a day.

So yes, in some cases what is the point?

Good on them but they don't demand £15 a frickin hour! they get what they earn but its not exactly sustainable and there aren't many 16 year olds doing that.

I've nothing against McDonalds workers and if they get that much an hour, good for them.

I can't see how you can pay low skilled workers that much, keep the skilled and managers happy by paying them more and have money to pay public sector workers the wages they deserve. Somethings got to give and like I said the fat cats will be the last to suffer, always have been.

£15 an hour on 16:49 - Nov 13 with 3665 viewsjojaca

£15 an hour on 16:27 - Nov 13 by Vincent_Vega

Good on them but they don't demand £15 a frickin hour! they get what they earn but its not exactly sustainable and there aren't many 16 year olds doing that.

I've nothing against McDonalds workers and if they get that much an hour, good for them.

I can't see how you can pay low skilled workers that much, keep the skilled and managers happy by paying them more and have money to pay public sector workers the wages they deserve. Somethings got to give and like I said the fat cats will be the last to suffer, always have been.

McDonald's is a type of job that I wouldn't even do for £15 per hour. I'd admire all their staff when watching them work. They seemed to be flat out all the time.

Even when you know, you never know?

£15 an hour on 16:55 - Nov 13 with 3654 viewsWingstandwood

£15 an hour on 16:49 - Nov 13 by jojaca

McDonald's is a type of job that I wouldn't even do for £15 per hour. I'd admire all their staff when watching them work. They seemed to be flat out all the time.

Anti social hours and weekends also, they should be treated/rewarded with company pay-out shares just like Admiral does with its workers.

Argus!

£15 an hour on 17:25 - Nov 13 with 3609 viewstaffpunk

Good luck to them, but it's not going to happen. Most people in the Valleys who work in Factories/Shops are on minimum wage, which I think is about a tenner an hour?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

£15 an hour on 18:09 - Nov 13 with 3534 viewsMrSwerve

I doubt that any of the entry workers serving at the till will be on circa £30k. After a University education you’d hope to be earning well over £30k, but I realise that that doesn’t always happen.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

£15 an hour on 18:15 - Nov 13 with 3522 viewsGlyn1

How much are they currently being paid? What's the minimum wage at the moment for teenagers?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

£15 an hour on 18:26 - Nov 13 with 3498 viewsmajorraglan

£15 an hour on 18:15 - Nov 13 by Glyn1

How much are they currently being paid? What's the minimum wage at the moment for teenagers?

First year apprentice is £3.95 an hour,
Under 18 is £4.35,
18 to 20 is £6.15,
21 to 24 is £7.70
Over 25 is £8.21.

My personal view is that over 21s should get the full rate.
£15 an hour on 18:32 - Nov 13 with 3486 viewsItchySphincter

Nice bit of snobbery going on there. You can get a degree in anything these days. Good luck to the workers.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

£15 an hour on 18:37 - Nov 13 with 3475 viewstaffpunk

£15 an hour on 18:26 - Nov 13 by majorraglan

First year apprentice is £3.95 an hour,
Under 18 is £4.35,
18 to 20 is £6.15,
21 to 24 is £7.70
Over 25 is £8.21.

My personal view is that over 21s should get the full rate.

Shows how out of touch I am, 8.21 an hour for people over 25, thought it was a tenner!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

£15 an hour on 18:41 - Nov 13 with 3461 viewscontroversial_jack

£15 an hour on 16:49 - Nov 13 by jojaca

They probably work harder than most professionals
£15 an hour on 18:56 - Nov 13 with 3434 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

People ask for more money to do their job outrage .

Just fack off

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

£15 an hour on 19:03 - Nov 13 with 3421 viewsmajorraglan

£15 an hour on 18:41 - Nov 13 by controversial_jack

They probably work harder than most professionals

Agreed, they always seem to be working flat out and running fast to stand still. The owners must make a fortune.
£15 an hour on 19:09 - Nov 13 with 3406 viewsNeath_Jack

I work with plenty of people who haven't had a university education that earn over £50k a year.

Just because someone has been to Uni, it doesn't give them a right to earn more than those that didn't ffs.

Power to the people.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£15 an hour on 19:11 - Nov 13 with 3400 viewsMrSwerve

£15 an hour on 19:09 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

I work with plenty of people who haven't had a university education that earn over £50k a year.

Just because someone has been to Uni, it doesn't give them a right to earn more than those that didn't ffs.

Power to the people.

Indeed, there’s far too much pressure on young people to go straight into Uni, and I say that as a Uni lecturer. Many simply shouldn’t be there and would find more success and fortune elsewhere.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

£15 an hour on 19:15 - Nov 13 with 3393 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 an hour on 19:11 - Nov 13 by MrSwerve

Indeed, there’s far too much pressure on young people to go straight into Uni, and I say that as a Uni lecturer. Many simply shouldn’t be there and would find more success and fortune elsewhere.

And as someone else said, some of the subjects you can get degrees in now is laughable.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

£15 an hour on 19:21 - Nov 13 with 3376 viewsPozuelosSideys

Its not a skilled job. If you start paying McDonalds employees £15 an hour, every other job will have to increase its rates of pay and therefore there will be an inflationary impact.

Theres a reason lots of young people, students and those lacking qualifications do it and its because any person can cos it really isnt hard.

However, i do feel for those under the age of say, 21 who get paid a lower minimum age rate for doing exactly the same job as those over 21. That to me is discriminatory and im amazed it hasnt been looked at.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 19:23]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

£15 an hour on 19:22 - Nov 13 with 3368 viewsVincent_Vega

£15 an hour on 18:32 - Nov 13 by ItchySphincter

Nice bit of snobbery going on there. You can get a degree in anything these days. Good luck to the workers.

Nice bit of assumption going on here.

I’m not on about media degrees and the like. I’m on about teachers, doctors, engineers, the carers you know. The jobs with a worker shortage!! How can we attract them into these industries when they can earn more making wraps? I’ll say again if the reply is pay them more than where is the money coming from? I’ll give you a clue. It’s not a money tree.

£15 an hour on 19:27 - Nov 13 with 3349 viewsjack_lord

£15 an hour on 18:37 - Nov 13 by taffpunk

Shows how out of touch I am, 8.21 an hour for people over 25, thought it was a tenner!

Labour want to increase the minimum wage to a tenner. The Daily Express say it will be bad for Britain and will will bankrupt many businesses.

Then the Conservative party said they want in increase the minimum wage to a tenner and the Express said it was a brilliant idea and how it would be a great boost to the economy.

Imagine that.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

£15 an hour on 19:31 - Nov 13 with 3332 viewsGroo

£15 an hour on 19:15 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

And as someone else said, some of the subjects you can get degrees in now is laughable.

Especially as you can get a degree for clowns

Groo does what Groo does best

£15 an hour on 19:33 - Nov 13 with 3321 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 an hour on 19:22 - Nov 13 by Vincent_Vega

Nice bit of assumption going on here.

I’m not on about media degrees and the like. I’m on about teachers, doctors, engineers, the carers you know. The jobs with a worker shortage!! How can we attract them into these industries when they can earn more making wraps? I’ll say again if the reply is pay them more than where is the money coming from? I’ll give you a clue. It’s not a money tree.

And those occupations you name will still be filled by those people who want to become teachers, doctors, engineers etc. You have to be interested in a job to be able to carry it out to your full potential.

I understand where you say where is the money coming from, but whose fault is that? Let's keep the non-academics down so that the rich can continue to get obscenely rich is it?

It's the unskilled / non academics who keep this country running as much as the master degree students, and don't ever forget that.

£15 an hour on 19:35 - Nov 13 with 3315 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 an hour on 19:31 - Nov 13 by Groo

Especially as you can get a degree for clowns

That'll go down well with those studying for the stand-up comedy master's degree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024