Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread 17:11 - Nov 13 with 12632 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 16:14]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:37 - Nov 17 with 825 viewsraynor94

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:12 - Nov 17 by Kilkennyjack

Thanks , but this was not a passport application.
Never mind ....

Ps. The general point was that Emlyn was welsh qualified, but chose to play for and captain England. Fact.

He was born in England, why on earth would he have wanted to play for Wales

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:44 - Nov 17 with 810 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:37 - Nov 17 by raynor94

He was born in England, why on earth would he have wanted to play for Wales

His father was Welsh.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:52 - Nov 17 with 794 viewsFireboy2

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:44 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

His father was Welsh.

Yes a rugby league player who played for barrow.

Its obvious his dad didnt do a good enough job on him
The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:59 - Nov 17 with 765 viewsChief

Personally while I don't think it'll be easy on Tuesday and also a bit nervy, I think we did the hard work yesterday

2-0 win Tuesday with the second coming late on.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 12:19 - Nov 17 with 746 viewsraynor94

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 11:44 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

His father was Welsh.

And? he was born and bred in England, came through the English system, as I said why on earth would he pick Wales over the World cup champions of the time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 12:36 - Nov 17 with 728 viewsmonmouth

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 12:19 - Nov 17 by raynor94

And? he was born and bred in England, came through the English system, as I said why on earth would he pick Wales over the World cup champions of the time

Yes, for me it all depends on the cultural fit and where you feel your heart lies.

Apart from those who feel strongly as above (and these are still a majority I think) these days it’s often about money, in rugby too, and a cold assessment of where you are more likely to get caps or success. Eg, not good enough for England? Find an Irish/welsh/Scottish connection. Irish and show great promise? opt for England if you can.

England always have more chance of success, simple numbers and money and history and exposure issue. I don’t like it, but it’s pretty obvious.

Actually it might always have been thus. If Hughes had no chance of making the England team, he might have suddenly discovered his Welshness.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 12:50 - Nov 17 with 719 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 12:19 - Nov 17 by raynor94

Well I’m not arguing with you and you’ve extended your criteria now to make it far more sensible than the original “he was born there” schtick you were using. Nationality is about much more than simply being born somewhere.

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 14:03 - Nov 17 with 669 viewsFireboy2

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 12:50 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

Well I’m not arguing with you and you’ve extended your criteria now to make it far more sensible than the original “he was born there” schtick you were using. Nationality is about much more than simply being born somewhere.

Exactly, my boys were born in england but consider themselves more welsh, its all down to how they are brought up, i bring them down about three times a year and they love it, they love how we are much more passionate than the english.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 20:18 - Nov 17 with 540 viewskarnataka

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 09:38 - Nov 17 by grabsplatter

Raheem Sterling is a better example

And Michael Owen?
The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 20:25 - Nov 17 with 531 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 20:18 - Nov 17 by karnataka

And Michael Owen?

Owen was never eligible for Wales.

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 20:48 - Nov 17 with 501 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 20:25 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

Owen was never eligible for Wales.

But since 2010 ... ?

d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 20:50 - Nov 17 with 499 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 20:48 - Nov 17 by Kilkennyjack

But since 2010 ... ?

d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

Yeah but he stopped playing international football in 2008. At the time he was playing, Owen wasn’t eligible for Wales. Yes, he would be now but that’s pretty irrelevant

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 21:57 - Nov 17 with 477 viewsJack59

The Official Azerbaijan vs Wales European Qualifier Match Thread on 08:05 - Nov 17 by Kilkennyjack

What a strange take on tonights game.

FIFA rules apply the same to all nations.
All nations select on that criteria.

Players who are welsh qualified and put their hand up for Wales, are Welsh.

As a small nation its marvellous to see.

Emlyn Hughes and Dewi Morris wearing England shirts must have confused you back in the day as well.

Try to enjoy the win as best you can.

There's a deep rooted analogy in the message specially for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024