Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages 19:12 - Nov 14 with 2745 viewsTimTtam

They can't afford to pay their players. So the EFL has fined them.

Fućk the EFL.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:14 - Nov 14 with 2736 viewsbluey_the_blue

So what should they do?

Expel them?
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:44 - Nov 14 with 2690 viewsTimTtam

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:14 - Nov 14 by bluey_the_blue

So what should they do?

Expel them?

That will happen in the near future.

What I mean in the first post is that the EFL have watched the club fall into a heap like Bury & Bolton and done nothing to prevent it from getting this bad. How is adding fines on top of a shortage in cash going to help them?

My name is Matt

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:51 - Nov 14 with 2674 viewsbluey_the_blue

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:44 - Nov 14 by TimTtam

That will happen in the near future.

What I mean in the first post is that the EFL have watched the club fall into a heap like Bury & Bolton and done nothing to prevent it from getting this bad. How is adding fines on top of a shortage in cash going to help them?

What should EFL do though? Financially support them?

The root problem is that imo there are too many clubs in England to support. Outside the big clubs, all fighting for same small pot of money re sponsors etc.

FFP breaches have for the most part been light punishments, nothing on the scale of Saracens in egg chasing.

The other question I'd have is why should a sporting authority help clubs? Breach FFP, fail to pay, then that club should be punished. Help them and you've instantly got every other club who abided by rules pointing out they did it without EFL helping them...

I'd like to seeless clubs at pro level, indeed some merging.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 20:04 - Nov 14 with 2664 viewsdobjack2

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:14 - Nov 14 by bluey_the_blue

So what should they do?

Expel them?

It’s not new though.

They had payment problems in their promotion season, problems last season, apparently don’t have a training ground etc. Etc. Winding up order over unpaid tax and allegations regarding the running of the club set out in a petition that supporters started today.

After the Bury backlash I suspect the EFL would be loathe to kick them out as it may lead to too many people asking wtf is the EFL doing.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 20:05 - Nov 14 with 2661 viewsplasjack

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:51 - Nov 14 by bluey_the_blue

The root problem is that imo there are too many clubs in England to support. Outside the big clubs, all fighting for same small pot of money re sponsors etc.

FFP breaches have for the most part been light punishments, nothing on the scale of Saracens in egg chasing.

The other question I'd have is why should a sporting authority help clubs? Breach FFP, fail to pay, then that club should be punished. Help them and you've instantly got every other club who abided by rules pointing out they did it without EFL helping them...

Good idea about merging, you lot and Newport, but Newport play the better football.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 20:32 - Nov 14 with 2622 viewsLuther27

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 19:51 - Nov 14 by bluey_the_blue

Perhaps the EFL should act like the highly paid organisation they are and prevent clubs getting into this situation in the first place. The writing was on the wall years ago regarding clubs like Bournemouth, Portsmouth etc. The authorities have sat back and done heehaw to prevent it happening again.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 20:38 - Nov 14 with 2606 viewsbuilthjack

Tell your own club to pay their debt to Nantes.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 20:43 - Nov 14 with 2595 viewsplasjack

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 20:38 - Nov 14 by builthjack

Tell your own club to pay their debt to Nantes.

Exactly, but the stock answer is leave our legal team to deal with it, morally bankrupt club with no scruples.
Login to get fewer ads

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 21:18 - Nov 14 with 2542 viewsOldjack

some merging. ffs how can you merge with your derby club? the fans would hate it.

Pay up !
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 21:29]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 02:04 - Nov 15 with 2430 viewsTimTtam

The EFL needs to remove owners that are not fit for purpose. They have relevant rules and guidelines, but they refuse to use them. How many sh!t owners are there around? Newcastle, Swansea, Hull, Bury*, Oldham, Macclesfield & Walsall just to name a few.
* Will be liquidated in December

The breaches surrounding FFP and sales of grounds are totally warranted. I actually agree with the EFL deducting the 12 points from Bolton. But it's owners like Steve Dale who slowly and publicly destroy clubs that is the problem.

My name is Matt

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 16:09 - Nov 15 with 2283 viewsdobjack2

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 21:18 - Nov 14 by Oldjack

some merging. ffs how can you merge with your derby club? the fans would hate it.

Pay up !
[Post edited 14 Nov 2019 21:29]

Our neighbours could merge with their rivals the Wurzels and play their home games in the middle of the Severn Estuary.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 16:36 - Nov 15 with 2259 viewsbluey_the_blue

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 02:04 - Nov 15 by TimTtam

The EFL needs to remove owners that are not fit for purpose. They have relevant rules and guidelines, but they refuse to use them. How many sh!t owners are there around? Newcastle, Swansea, Hull, Bury*, Oldham, Macclesfield & Walsall just to name a few.
* Will be liquidated in December

The breaches surrounding FFP and sales of grounds are totally warranted. I actually agree with the EFL deducting the 12 points from Bolton. But it's owners like Steve Dale who slowly and publicly destroy clubs that is the problem.

Newcastles owner has backed managers without spending squillions they don't have. Hardly a sh1t owner.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 21:05 - Nov 15 with 2170 viewsdobjack2

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 16:36 - Nov 15 by bluey_the_blue

Newcastles owner has backed managers without spending squillions they don't have. Hardly a sh1t owner.

As ever depends on the definition of a sh1t owner.

The emperor was a sh1t owner to start with his red shirt nonsense but seems to be being more sensible now.

With Ashley it’s his relationship with the fans what he says to them how he behaves etc. Etc.

Our owners have no relationship with the fans and don’t give a flying one about the area.

Then you go to the owners of Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield and you start moving to a different level.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 21:44 - Nov 15 with 2151 viewsCatullus

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 21:05 - Nov 15 by dobjack2

As ever depends on the definition of a sh1t owner.

The emperor was a sh1t owner to start with his red shirt nonsense but seems to be being more sensible now.

With Ashley it’s his relationship with the fans what he says to them how he behaves etc. Etc.

Our owners have no relationship with the fans and don’t give a flying one about the area.

Then you go to the owners of Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield and you start moving to a different level.

The first line is spot on, take our Yanks, they are criticised for not spending but there is an argument they have stabilised us financially and we are still competitive. Whether it's more by luck than judgement is the question but they haven't ruined us like other owners have ruined so many other clubs.

I still say chasing the elusive EPL dream is causing several clubs problems.

Wednesday have been punished and other clubs have been investigated for breaching rules, yet more clubs will be in trouble for their spending this season, I'm thinking Stoke are one? The imaginative way some clubs have raised money to try and stay within FFP rules has bitten back on a few of them.

I agree there are too many clubs but maybe we should allow natural conditions to thin them out whilst the EFL tighten up rules, make rules that actually protect clubs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 03:52 - Nov 16 with 2091 viewsTimTtam

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 21:44 - Nov 15 by Catullus

The first line is spot on, take our Yanks, they are criticised for not spending but there is an argument they have stabilised us financially and we are still competitive. Whether it's more by luck than judgement is the question but they haven't ruined us like other owners have ruined so many other clubs.

I still say chasing the elusive EPL dream is causing several clubs problems.

Wednesday have been punished and other clubs have been investigated for breaching rules, yet more clubs will be in trouble for their spending this season, I'm thinking Stoke are one? The imaginative way some clubs have raised money to try and stay within FFP rules has bitten back on a few of them.

I agree there are too many clubs but maybe we should allow natural conditions to thin them out whilst the EFL tighten up rules, make rules that actually protect clubs.

I guess that's going to be the risk when we eventually get new owners. I'd say at least a slight majority of fans would want them replaced (including myself), but there's the risk that we get a leech like the Bury & Macc owners or like the former Bolton, Blackpool, or Notts County owners.

The EFL are not fit for purpose, and I almost think they WANT certain clubs to fail. I followed the Bury and Bolton sagas very closely, and the incompetence by the EFL is mind-numbing. They gave Bolton a loan to help them avoid liquidation, but left Bury to die. There were also some instances where the EFL Twitter account would make sly references to Bury in their generic posts (I would show evidence if I could remember specifically what it was they said).

They'll come down hard on Sheff. Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised it the penalty is more than the standard 12 points. They love making an example of one particular club only, but letting others get away with things. They aren't the only club to sell their ground to their owner. Meanwhile I fully expect no other clubs to be punished. Not even Stoke.

The above also applies to the scum. If they don't pay up, the EFL will go at them hard.

My name is Matt

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 07:32 - Nov 16 with 2065 viewsbluey_the_blue

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 03:52 - Nov 16 by TimTtam

I guess that's going to be the risk when we eventually get new owners. I'd say at least a slight majority of fans would want them replaced (including myself), but there's the risk that we get a leech like the Bury & Macc owners or like the former Bolton, Blackpool, or Notts County owners.

The EFL are not fit for purpose, and I almost think they WANT certain clubs to fail. I followed the Bury and Bolton sagas very closely, and the incompetence by the EFL is mind-numbing. They gave Bolton a loan to help them avoid liquidation, but left Bury to die. There were also some instances where the EFL Twitter account would make sly references to Bury in their generic posts (I would show evidence if I could remember specifically what it was they said).

They'll come down hard on Sheff. Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised it the penalty is more than the standard 12 points. They love making an example of one particular club only, but letting others get away with things. They aren't the only club to sell their ground to their owner. Meanwhile I fully expect no other clubs to be punished. Not even Stoke.

The above also applies to the scum. If they don't pay up, the EFL will go at them hard.

EFL won't "go at us hard" because it's not an EFL matter.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 08:01 - Nov 16 with 2057 viewsTimTtam

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 07:32 - Nov 16 by bluey_the_blue

EFL won't "go at us hard" because it's not an EFL matter.

Can't the EFL invoke a transfer embargo?

I know FIFA are predominantly involved, but I assumed the EFL would be the ones handing down the punishment.

My name is Matt

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 08:09 - Nov 16 with 2053 viewsbluey_the_blue

EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 08:01 - Nov 16 by TimTtam

Can't the EFL invoke a transfer embargo?

I know FIFA are predominantly involved, but I assumed the EFL would be the ones handing down the punishment.

It would be a FIFA punishment, not an EFL one.
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 13:04 - Nov 16 with 1975 viewsBarrySwan

Whats with the merging nonsense?

At the end of the day Clubs should only pay wage levels that they can afford and if that means £75 a week part time then that's what you pay your players.

And if another team down the road can afford to pay £200 a week then presumably they might well attract slightly better players and overtake another team in the league structures.

Come what may there's no need to merge anything, clubs just find their level in whatever division / league and survive due to adhering to a sensible affordable and achievable budget based on income from gate / social club/ sponsor / benefactor / advertising money.

Its not really rocket science is it?
EFL charge Macclesfield Town with misconduct following unpaid wages on 09:52 - Dec 7 with 1813 viewsTimTtam

Macclesfield v Crewe has been called off by the players due to emotional and mental stress. Players' wages are still delayed. Now Sol Campbell says the club owes him 182,000 as well. Winding up petition has been postponed for an 8th time I believe.

With this impending misconduct charge on top of the old misconduct charge, they can expect two 3-point deductions at a minimum.

Poor b@stards...
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 9:52]

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024