Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a hope!!! 23:09 - Nov 14 with 3022 viewsswan65split

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50427369

Thats it fool the kids .
What a hope!!! on 23:11 - Nov 14 with 2247 viewsDarran

£20billion. 😮

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What a hope!!! on 09:51 - Nov 15 with 2146 viewsLeonWasGod

What a hope!!! on 23:11 - Nov 14 by Darran

£20billion. 😮

That must be equivalent to the cost of 5 or 6 Chris Graylings.

They must think people are stupid if they think they can buy votes.....
What a hope!!! on 09:55 - Nov 15 with 2135 viewsWarwickHunt

What a hope!!! on 23:11 - Nov 14 by Darran

£20billion. 😮

At least double that, probably end up treble.

Everyone (except NHS staff) will be on a four day week so free broadband will be handy for your day off...
What a hope!!! on 10:06 - Nov 15 with 2121 viewsMorfa_Same

An absolutely ridiculous idea to provide everyone with free broadband when we can't even adequately fund our healthcare, emergency services and prisons.

I do think they have a point about nationalising BT because the part of the company that owns the phone network is a monopoly. The same goes for other monopolies such as the water companies.
What a hope!!! on 10:06 - Nov 15 with 2121 viewsScotia

Excellent. I'll use the money I spend paying for broadband to pay for private health care, as I wouldn't have thought there'll be much cash left for the NHS.
What a hope!!! on 10:10 - Nov 15 with 2104 viewsLohengrin

What a hope!!! on 09:55 - Nov 15 by WarwickHunt

At least double that, probably end up treble.

Everyone (except NHS staff) will be on a four day week so free broadband will be handy for your day off...

100 billion according to The Gruniad and Radio 4.

Silly season is well underway.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What a hope!!! on 10:27 - Nov 15 with 2090 viewsWingstandwood

Yes! Marxist Labour will indeed bankrupt the country! Its plans to build one million new homes, renationalise everything, bring in a 4 day week, open the floodgates with the insanest open-door immigration policy ever.

But could you imagine what would happen if those Marxist Labour b@stards ever get hold of our weather!

Argus!

What a hope!!! on 10:43 - Nov 15 with 2067 viewsVincent_Vega

Interesting seen as many in Wales can't even get basic broadband.

The investment needed to make that happen would be immense! Worth holding off investing in schools and hospitals?

I'm all for enervative ways to grab peoples vote but this smacks of desperation

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Login to get fewer ads

What a hope!!! on 10:46 - Nov 15 with 2061 viewsLohengrin

What a hope!!! on 10:43 - Nov 15 by Vincent_Vega

The investment needed to make that happen would be immense! Worth holding off investing in schools and hospitals?

You know what ‘enervative’ means, do you?

What a hope!!! on 11:04 - Nov 15 with 2045 viewsVincent_Vega

What a hope!!! on 10:46 - Nov 15 by Lohengrin

You know what ‘enervative’ means, do you?

spell check my bad

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

What a hope!!! on 11:09 - Nov 15 with 2034 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour has probably just lost the votes of most bt workers and about 400,000 bt pensioners. If bt cannot generate profits it's pension fund will go bust and the government will be saddled with the bill via it's pension protection fund.
All companies pension were hit by Gordon brown pension fund raid.

Bt is not a monopoly either in home phone lines, broadband or mobiles and has around 50% market share.

Are companies like virgin, Vodafone O2 etc going to invest in their networks if labour is going to get their main competitor to give away free broadband.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

What a hope!!! on 11:34 - Nov 15 with 2008 viewsblackswan

You couldn't make it up the blue tw@s want to give tax cuts to the rich and wreck our economy with Brexit which is without a doubt a bad idea now things are clear.
The red tw@ts want a four day week and free broadband. all this with food bank at record levels and terminally ill people being thrown off benefits I'm beginning to think Guy Fawkes was just ahead of his time the picks are detached from reality
What a hope!!! on 11:54 - Nov 15 with 1982 viewsjack247

What a hope!!! on 11:34 - Nov 15 by blackswan

You couldn't make it up the blue tw@s want to give tax cuts to the rich and wreck our economy with Brexit which is without a doubt a bad idea now things are clear.
The red tw@ts want a four day week and free broadband. all this with food bank at record levels and terminally ill people being thrown off benefits I'm beginning to think Guy Fawkes was just ahead of his time the picks are detached from reality

Can’t argue with this at all. The tories are more elitist than ever and labour are coming across like kids with a credit card in a toy shop.

How can we win?

Edit - and before Trampie replies, I’m not voting for Plaid
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 12:00]
What a hope!!! on 12:04 - Nov 15 with 1966 viewsHighjack

What a hope!!! on 11:54 - Nov 15 by jack247

Can’t argue with this at all. The tories are more elitist than ever and labour are coming across like kids with a credit card in a toy shop.

How can we win?

Edit - and before Trampie replies, I’m not voting for Plaid
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 12:00]

There was a fella from the greens on radio Wales the other morning pledging that they would close Cardiff airport and other airports around the country if elected. It’s becoming quite clear that the lot of them are quite quite mad.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What a hope!!! on 12:16 - Nov 15 with 1956 viewsLeonWasGod

What a hope!!! on 10:43 - Nov 15 by Vincent_Vega

Personally, I think it's vital. The private sector hasn't delivered, as the UK is well down the list of developed countries in terms of average speeds and connections. Ever more stuff is relying on fast digital links, in businesses, public sector, our personal lives, homeworking, SMEs, etc. There have been plenty of studies that have shown both the social and economic benefits of having fast broadband in rural areas.

Should public money be spent - why not, it is in other countries, and as I mentioned before the private sector isn't doing a great job. Agree about prioritising though - not easy to justify over extra support for basic services, however valuable. Broadband does have to option to directly increase economic growth to potentially offset some of the costs I suppose. And it also would help schools and hospitals.
What a hope!!! on 12:51 - Nov 15 with 1928 viewsPegojack

My word, the Planet Swans fascist tendency have got their knickers in a twist in this thread, haven't they? 'Outraged of Tunbridge Wells' doesn't even get near the mark!

Keep it up, Jezza!
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 12:53]
What a hope!!! on 13:11 - Nov 15 with 1898 viewsWingstandwood

What a hope!!! on 12:51 - Nov 15 by Pegojack

My word, the Planet Swans fascist tendency have got their knickers in a twist in this thread, haven't they? 'Outraged of Tunbridge Wells' doesn't even get near the mark!

Keep it up, Jezza!
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 12:53]

Yep indeed branding millions of people fascist really did win 'hearts and minds' and sway opinion(s) when it came to the Brexit referendum and the consequent end result.

Argus!

What a hope!!! on 13:49 - Nov 15 with 1857 viewssherpajacob

Why the UK broadband network lags behind other countries.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/world-of-tech/how-the-uk-lost-the-broadband-ra

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What a hope!!! on 15:36 - Nov 15 with 1817 viewsPegojack

What a hope!!! on 13:11 - Nov 15 by Wingstandwood

Yep indeed branding millions of people fascist really did win 'hearts and minds' and sway opinion(s) when it came to the Brexit referendum and the consequent end result.

Sorry, buttie, it's what comes of living in Spain, see, we've got real live fascists to contend with on the political scene here. They're called Vox. It's so hard not to lump you all in the same boat because you so often espouse the same opinions and policies.
I withdraw the term 'fascist tendency' and replace it with 'Boris's kiss-arse Tory boys'. Is that OK?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 15:37]
What a hope!!! on 15:46 - Nov 15 with 1790 viewsLohengrin

What a hope!!! on 15:36 - Nov 15 by Pegojack

Sorry, buttie, it's what comes of living in Spain, see, we've got real live fascists to contend with on the political scene here. They're called Vox. It's so hard not to lump you all in the same boat because you so often espouse the same opinions and policies.
I withdraw the term 'fascist tendency' and replace it with 'Boris's kiss-arse Tory boys'. Is that OK?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 15:37]

As it goes Spanish Fascism’s two main theorists were markedly enthusiastic in their embrace of all things innovative and modern so it’s odds-on they’d have been amongst the most enthusiastic supporters of rolling out broadband.

I doubt either Jose Antonio or Ramiro Ledesma would have been keen on Vox either, Pego. Neither of them had much time for Franco and it’s certain old short arse would have had them shot if the reds hadn’t beat him to it.

What a hope!!! on 15:49 - Nov 15 with 1788 viewsGlyn1

How does the UK compare with other countries on superfast broadband?

"The UK is an embarrassing full-fibre laggard on the world stage, with only 8% of homes able to get it. This compares to countries such as Portugal, which has full fibre to 89% of homes, and Spain, which is at 71%."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What a hope!!! on 15:57 - Nov 15 with 1774 viewsGlyn1

Read the link that Sherpajacob posted above. Nothing to do with 'fooling the kids', more to do with businesses competing with South Korea and Japan.

People here complain about businesses always moving to London, Manchester. Without broadband in the rest of the country that isn't going to change.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2019 15:59]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What a hope!!! on 16:03 - Nov 15 with 1754 viewsJimmyGilligan

Gets my vote
What a hope!!! on 18:26 - Nov 15 with 1674 viewsladyjack

What a hope!!! on 18:38 - Nov 15 with 1658 viewsbluey_the_blue

What a hope!!! on 12:16 - Nov 15 by LeonWasGod

Personally, I think it's vital. The private sector hasn't delivered, as the UK is well down the list of developed countries in terms of average speeds and connections. Ever more stuff is relying on fast digital links, in businesses, public sector, our personal lives, homeworking, SMEs, etc. There have been plenty of studies that have shown both the social and economic benefits of having fast broadband in rural areas.

Should public money be spent - why not, it is in other countries, and as I mentioned before the private sector isn't doing a great job. Agree about prioritising though - not easy to justify over extra support for basic services, however valuable. Broadband does have to option to directly increase economic growth to potentially offset some of the costs I suppose. And it also would help schools and hospitals.

By "private sector hasn't delivered", you mean OpenReach haven't delivered... well, at least not for non-BT providers.

The ONLY nation that have ever attempted doing this in public sector is Australia. Funnily enough, that hasn't delivered.

The overwhelming majority of people don't NEED massively fast connections. Emails, simple web browsing can easily meet most peoples needs with far lower speeds. Wanting to download a TV series as quickly as possible isn't a basic need.

Business, educational establishments etc I'd agree would benefit from fast speeds and issues with rural broadband need sorting out. The idea that OpenReach under public sector control would magically improve their pisspoor performance and not favour BT is laughable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024