Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our league placings over time 22:16 - Nov 15 with 1509 viewsTNT

In 2004-05 we finished 3rd.

Since then (in our respective leagues) we've finished:

6th
7th
1st
8th
7th
3rd
11th
9th
12th
8th
12th
15th
18th

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Our league placings over time on 22:19 - Nov 15 with 1498 viewsTNT

Not a bad record in the top two flights. especially for the die-hards who watched us in the lower leagues.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Our league placings over time on 09:56 - Nov 16 with 1329 viewsMrSwerve

Our league placings over time on 22:19 - Nov 15 by TNT

Not a bad record in the top two flights. especially for the die-hards who watched us in the lower leagues.

It is a bit weird thinking that, to someone in their early teens, we’ve always been a fairly big club. A nice big-ish stadium and a team that has ‘always’ been in the PL or upper Championship.

I was born in 87 so never experienced the previous bout of success we had in Div 1. I still feel like it’s a bit of a dream even now.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Our league placings over time on 10:08 - Nov 16 with 1308 viewsSwans9

I agree that seems a dream I was born in 76. A cup run before that success had me in a qué all night at the vetch for a 4rd fa cup tie with derby for a ticket. As well as west ham and Liverpool in the cups. I was in the West Ham end away because I couldn't get ticket. Losing to Bangor and Mumfords winner for Port Talbot still fresh in memory.
Our league placings over time on 10:09 - Nov 16 with 1306 viewsmonmouth

Our league placings over time on 09:56 - Nov 16 by MrSwerve

It is a bit weird thinking that, to someone in their early teens, we’ve always been a fairly big club. A nice big-ish stadium and a team that has ‘always’ been in the PL or upper Championship.

I was born in 87 so never experienced the previous bout of success we had in Div 1. I still feel like it’s a bit of a dream even now.

I still can't believe ANY of it has really happened.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our league placings over time on 10:43 - Nov 16 with 1273 viewsPegojack

Our league placings over time on 09:56 - Nov 16 by MrSwerve

I'm 64 so I've been fortunate to have seen both periods in the top flight, plus all the excitement of getting there both times. I don't expect to see it again, but I'm not greedy, it's been magical, and all the slogging in the lower leagues was worth it. Fans of so many clubs have never experienced it, and never will, so we've been fortunate.
Our league placings over time on 12:31 - Nov 16 with 1185 viewsTimTtam

Sometimes I feel guilty that as a fan, I started supporting us when we were already in the PL. I never experienced the hardships of League 2 and near-relegation to the Conference, like almost everyone else on here had to. But at the same time, I never got to experience all those promotions, the EFL Cup win, and the Europa League campaign.

I have a lot of respect for everyone that attended matches in the early 2000s when we had crowds of a few thousand It must've been one hell of a reward for loyalty, seeing us rise all the way up to the top half of the PL.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Our league placings over time on 13:13 - Nov 16 with 1152 viewsBarrySwan

I suppose there was a certain masochistic sense of duty in standing on the North Bsnk with 1500 other hardy souls in the 4th division.

You almost felt like one of the 300 defending the pass and keeping things going until better times came along and the rest of the town came back to swell the crowds to help achieve realistic financial and performance levels.

If it wasn't for the diehards there wouldn't ( and almost wasn't ) be a club to come back to when better times came around.
Our league placings over time on 17:02 - Nov 16 with 1062 viewsNortbankboy

Our league placings over time on 13:13 - Nov 16 by BarrySwan

I suppose there was a certain masochistic sense of duty in standing on the North Bsnk with 1500 other hardy souls in the 4th division.

You almost felt like one of the 300 defending the pass and keeping things going until better times came along and the rest of the town came back to swell the crowds to help achieve realistic financial and performance levels.

If it wasn't for the diehards there wouldn't ( and almost wasn't ) be a club to come back to when better times came around.

Yes myself after watching the swans for so many yrs,.
I never thought we make the championship never might the premier.
I am grateful to all involved for putting us on the map
Login to get fewer ads

Our league placings over time on 17:05 - Nov 16 with 1053 viewsMrSwerve

Our league placings over time on 10:09 - Nov 16 by monmouth

I still can't believe ANY of it has really happened.

Not even Bob Bradley?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Our league placings over time on 22:02 - Nov 16 with 919 viewsNortbankboy

Our league placings over time on 17:05 - Nov 16 by MrSwerve

Not even Bob Bradley?

Biggest highlight for me was not winning the league cup.
Or beating man utd,liverpool,arsenal,Chelsea act
But beating a team who has got it's own airport and are a sleeping giant
The mighty Cardiff city.
Unbelievable
Our league placings over time on 07:52 - Nov 17 with 840 viewsdameedna

All that pedigree and a mongrel outcome.
Our league placings over time on 09:42 - Nov 17 with 787 views1462jack

Our league placings over time on 22:02 - Nov 16 by Nortbankboy

Biggest highlight for me was not winning the league cup.
Or beating man utd,liverpool,arsenal,Chelsea act
But beating a team who has got it's own airport and are a sleeping giant
The mighty Cardiff city.
Unbelievable

You forgot to mention they are a capital city team that could be bigger than Barca ,
Our league placings over time on 17:19 - Nov 17 with 667 viewsmonmouth

Just looking back as a bit bored and not drinking. When we got promoted in 2010/11, after 16 games we had.....29 points. We'd just beaten scumbo and then promptly lost to brizzle. We went on to take 4 points from the next 3 games including losing at home to Pompey.

That year we took 50 points from home games. 50. To do that again we'd have to win 12 and draw 1 of our last 15 games. On the other hand we only took 30 away points, and we are more than half way there after 8 games.

Stattomania.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our league placings over time on 18:00 - Nov 17 with 643 viewsDJack

Our league placings over time on 17:19 - Nov 17 by monmouth

Just looking back as a bit bored and not drinking. When we got promoted in 2010/11, after 16 games we had.....29 points. We'd just beaten scumbo and then promptly lost to brizzle. We went on to take 4 points from the next 3 games including losing at home to Pompey.

That year we took 50 points from home games. 50. To do that again we'd have to win 12 and draw 1 of our last 15 games. On the other hand we only took 30 away points, and we are more than half way there after 8 games.

Stattomania.

start drinking

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024