Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum appoint Neil Harris 14:23 - Nov 16 with 10327 viewsChief

Stinks of a tightening of the belt appointment. Did ok at Millwall with little cash. Gearing up for a transfer embargo spanning a few windows!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:32 - Nov 16 with 4711 viewsbluey_the_blue

Stinks more of club relying on Warnock's recommendation than anything else.

The bleeding obvious choice was Bellamy, even more so when Dalman saying they wanted a more attacking style. U18s under Bellamy played good passing football and got results, winning league for first ever time.

I'll be stunned if we avoid relegation under Harris.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:37 - Nov 16 with 4702 viewsFergal

Brilliant news.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:38 - Nov 16 with 4696 viewsChief

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:32 - Nov 16 by bluey_the_blue

The bleeding obvious choice was Bellamy, even more so when Dalman saying they wanted a more attacking style. U18s under Bellamy played good passing football and got results, winning league for first ever time.

I actually think that it's (disappointingly) quite a sensible appointment. I think he is a decent manager. But I can understand why Cardiff fans wouldn't be excited by this too.

Bellamy's problems with his racism stuff I didn't think he'd go back there this soon.

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:44 - Nov 16 with 4654 viewsbluey_the_blue

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:38 - Nov 16 by Chief

I actually think that it's (disappointingly) quite a sensible appointment. I think he is a decent manager. But I can understand why Cardiff fans wouldn't be excited by this too.

Bellamy's problems with his racism stuff I didn't think he'd go back there this soon.

It's not sensible though. "We want attacking style"... appoint hoofball manager whose Millwall lost 8 in a row when he got fired, oh, and no other club has wanted him.

There was no racism with Bellamy, as was explained in his Times interview. The u18s under him played good, attacking football and got results. No FA sanctions, nothing preventing him working with youth even.

Chance to appoint a manager who could get the fans buzzing, play some good football and bring youth through? Board have fvcked it up, big time. Bellamy will have a cracking managerial career with another club.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:45 - Nov 16 with 4657 viewsSwanjaxs

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:32 - Nov 16 by bluey_the_blue

Your club stinks end of 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:58 - Nov 16 with 4612 viewsraynor94

Absolutely made my day, can't believe they have been dull enough to appoint Harris.

There will be no change in tactics with him in charge

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:59 - Nov 16 with 4611 viewsChief

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 14:44 - Nov 16 by bluey_the_blue

It's not sensible though. "We want attacking style"... appoint hoofball manager whose Millwall lost 8 in a row when he got fired, oh, and no other club has wanted him.

There was no racism with Bellamy, as was explained in his Times interview. The u18s under him played good, attacking football and got results. No FA sanctions, nothing preventing him working with youth even.

Chance to appoint a manager who could get the fans buzzing, play some good football and bring youth through? Board have fvcked it up, big time. Bellamy will have a cracking managerial career with another club.

Ha ha ok

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:12 - Nov 16 with 4556 viewsGlyn1

I work with a Millwall fan who has a season ticket. He says the only reason the club kept him for so long was cos he's "one of their own" and he got them promoted since when they've struggled.

Good at motivation, not as good at tactics. I actually think that staying with Warnock would have been a better option if this is the best they can do.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:14 - Nov 16 with 4522 viewssainthelens

Oh happy day. They've fckn had it...good night and good luck in league 1.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:17 - Nov 16 with 4521 viewsGlyn1

Here's the Millwall fans' reaction.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/harris.39323/

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:18 - Nov 16 with 4507 viewsbluey_the_blue

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:12 - Nov 16 by Glyn1

I work with a Millwall fan who has a season ticket. He says the only reason the club kept him for so long was cos he's "one of their own" and he got them promoted since when they've struggled.

Good at motivation, not as good at tactics. I actually think that staying with Warnock would have been a better option if this is the best they can do.

My concern is if Warnock had stayed, almost certainly mid table. Under Harris, Warnock-lite? Could well now be in relegation fight.

Other concern is that I don't believe the board did any due diligence around other candidates, that Warnock recommended him weeks ago and the deal was done without considering other candidates.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:25 - Nov 16 with 4484 viewsGlyn1

Viewed positively, that could be called taking decisive action, was anyone else interviewed?

Interesting post on the Millwall board: "He's extremely close to warnock so don’t know but wouldn’t be surprised if warnock didn’t go upstairs in some capacity."

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:26 - Nov 16 with 4466 viewsbluey_the_blue

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:25 - Nov 16 by Glyn1

Viewed positively, that could be called taking decisive action, was anyone else interviewed?

Interesting post on the Millwall board: "He's extremely close to warnock so don’t know but wouldn’t be surprised if warnock didn’t go upstairs in some capacity."

I honestly don't believe anyone else was interviewed.

Warnock has bigged Harris up in the past so little doubt he recommended him.

We're screwed.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:27 - Nov 16 with 4461 viewssainthelens

Colin should be in the fckn Priory.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:34 - Nov 16 with 4438 viewsWarwickHunt

Have they got a lift?
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:49 - Nov 16 with 4370 viewssainthelens

Scum @25/1 to be relegated.
Just relieved myself of 20 sheets.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:53 - Nov 16 with 4361 viewsSwanjaxs

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:49 - Nov 16 by sainthelens

Scum @25/1 to be relegated.
Just relieved myself of 20 sheets.

Dysfunctional squad

Probable transfer embargo

Relatively inexperienced new manager...

Fully expect those odds to be halved in the very near future 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:01 - Nov 16 with 4329 viewsWhiterockin

TBH with a transfer embargo due Harris is the right choice, same mold as Warnock. He has to go with what they have and the way they can play. If Cardiff want to play football they will need to change the whole squad and that's not going to happen when they cant sign anyone. Going to be a tough season for them.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:12 - Nov 16 with 4286 viewsDJack

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:01 - Nov 16 by Whiterockin

TBH with a transfer embargo due Harris is the right choice, same mold as Warnock. He has to go with what they have and the way they can play. If Cardiff want to play football they will need to change the whole squad and that's not going to happen when they cant sign anyone. Going to be a tough season for them.

Shame, eh!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:21 - Nov 16 with 4252 viewsbluey_the_blue

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:01 - Nov 16 by Whiterockin

Or have gone with Bellamy who has repeatedly stated he believes youth in our academy are good enough, not given the chance...
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:28 - Nov 16 with 4236 viewsjackharris

Excellent appointment for League One and Two football. Neil Harris was a talisman at the New Den! He was a Hero. There is nothing like that with him and Cardiff City. I would place Neil Warnock as being a much better manager than Harris.

If they are going to get a transfer ban they should have looked to getting youth from their academy and someone to nurture the talent! Someone like Cameron Toshack. I know he is really inexperienced at league level, but he has nurtured some awesome talent recently. His age being 49 would mean some form of authority. He was born in Cardiff too.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:45 - Nov 16 with 4163 viewsmonmouth

Bigger than Barca.....oops
Bigger than Millwall......oh
Bigger than Newport

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:50 - Nov 16 with 4143 viewsTimTtam

I'm not sure whether it will be a good or bad appointment for Cardiff. He had Millwall playing hoofball, but he had to since they had a tiny budget when they came up. I've read things saying he isn't set on his game plan and may be willing to play a more attacking style, but that will be tough when Cardiff's players are awful at passing.

I actually agree with Bluey in that they should've gone with Bellamy (I would've taken Hughton, but he was never a realistic possibility). I'm glad they didn't. It would be a risky, ambitious choice, but it's something Cardiff have failed to do when it comes to their managers. Had they started playing more attacking, by the time next season began and they got their 30M parachute payment, they would've been able to spend it on good players. Instead they've got a hoofball manager with hoofball players, and it all points towards the game style continuing

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:52 - Nov 16 with 4140 viewsBillyChong

Bellamy is clearly too much of a c0ck to get that shoe in of a job. At least the fans are used to Harris’ style of hoofball.
Scum appoint Neil Harris on 16:52 - Nov 16 with 4140 viewsTimTtam

Scum appoint Neil Harris on 15:17 - Nov 16 by Glyn1

Here's the Millwall fans' reaction.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/harris.39323/

Peckham Lion said, in regard to scum fans' opinion on Harris:

Another deluded bunch of fans, that's what a short stint in the premier does to those type of clubs.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 16:53]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024