Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teacher gets 700k compensation 09:56 - Nov 18 with 7300 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-50441566

Surely his private life is just that? Who made this information public?
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:15 - Nov 18 with 2592 viewsThrasher6

Totally agree Dicky....I read through it and it became more and more of a car crash from the authorities as it went on. Quite right that he got compensation to that level...it was none of peoples's business...
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 11:23]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:28 - Nov 18 with 2569 viewsSoberBaker

It might not have been legally wrong but it's certainly morally wrong, so on that basis - F*ck him!

AMOW

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:44 - Nov 18 with 2555 viewsladyjack

Its morally wrong what that head teacher did in my book, there are different rules for people like teachers with the age of consent limit being 18 in certain circumstances and rightly so, being in a position of trust and all that, I guess these teenagers were not being taught by him as he was a primary school head but all the same it seems morally wrong to me.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:17 - Nov 18 with 2518 viewscontroversial_jack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:44 - Nov 18 by ladyjack

Its morally wrong what that head teacher did in my book, there are different rules for people like teachers with the age of consent limit being 18 in certain circumstances and rightly so, being in a position of trust and all that, I guess these teenagers were not being taught by him as he was a primary school head but all the same it seems morally wrong to me.

I thought the legal age was 16. At 17, you certainly know your sexual mind and preferences by then.At 17 I would have had sex with an older woman, in fact i would have relished it.Unfortunately, it never happened.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:33 - Nov 18 with 2493 viewsladyjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:17 - Nov 18 by controversial_jack

I thought the legal age was 16. At 17, you certainly know your sexual mind and preferences by then.At 17 I would have had sex with an older woman, in fact i would have relished it.Unfortunately, it never happened.

If you are in charge of 16 or 17 year old youngsters and you are in a position of trust over those youngsters then you can get into trouble if you have sex with them in that circumstance, not talking about this case, but you could be somebodies teacher until they are 16 and then they start further education or something in another school and then you have sex with them does not fit easily with me, some people might even see that as grooming waiting until they turn 16 and then finish school.
In this Port Talbot case there might have been nothing illegal but its morally bankrupt in my book, im not saying he knew these youngsters or nothing like that, it might be my valley chapel upbringing but I find it distasteful and I would not want any of my children going to a school were one of the teachers is known to have sex with 16 and 17 year olds.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:33 - Nov 18 with 2493 viewstheloneranger

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:17 - Nov 18 by controversial_jack

Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 2000

"Where a person older than 18 is in a specified “position of trust”, it is an offence for them to have any sexual activity with a person under the age of 18."

But if the two 17 year olds were not still in education then I don't believe he broke the “Abuse of Trust” law.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:43 - Nov 18 with 2476 viewsPegojack

I think certain posters in this thread are revealing their prejudices in a rather glaring fashion.

The facts appear to be that he had consensual sex with two people over the age of consent, neither of whom had any link whatsoever to his professional life or responsibilities. Therefore his employers were entirely in the wrong to sack him and the legal system has so ruled.
The question that needs to be answered now is, what is going to happen to the people whose catastrophic professional misjudgement has cost the taxpayers of Neath and Port Talbot £700k?
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:53 - Nov 18 with 2461 viewsladyjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:43 - Nov 18 by Pegojack

I think certain posters in this thread are revealing their prejudices in a rather glaring fashion.

The facts appear to be that he had consensual sex with two people over the age of consent, neither of whom had any link whatsoever to his professional life or responsibilities. Therefore his employers were entirely in the wrong to sack him and the legal system has so ruled.
The question that needs to be answered now is, what is going to happen to the people whose catastrophic professional misjudgement has cost the taxpayers of Neath and Port Talbot £700k?

Where have you seen ''neither of whom had any link whatsoever to his professional life or responsibilities'' ?, I would expect that to be the case but haven't seen that said.
Login to get fewer ads

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:54 - Nov 18 with 2459 viewsKerouac

A difficult one this.
Yes, the ruling seems to be correct by the letter of the law.

...but honestly, if the hetrosexual Headteacher of my local Primary school was having gang bangs in his spare time with 17 year old girls?
I would not want him responsible for my kids for 32.5hrs a week, and I believe that the vast majority of the parents would be in agreement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 12:06 - Nov 18 with 2440 viewsLohengrin

” ...what is going to happen to the people whose catastrophic professional misjudgement has cost the taxpayers of Neath and Port Talbot £700k?”

Who sacked him under intense pressure from parents who were horrified that the headteacher spends his spare time sodomising adolescents. There’s a natural sense of right and wrong far above and beyond what the ‘law’ says, Pego.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:28 - Nov 18 with 2384 viewscontroversial_jack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:33 - Nov 18 by ladyjack

If you are in charge of 16 or 17 year old youngsters and you are in a position of trust over those youngsters then you can get into trouble if you have sex with them in that circumstance, not talking about this case, but you could be somebodies teacher until they are 16 and then they start further education or something in another school and then you have sex with them does not fit easily with me, some people might even see that as grooming waiting until they turn 16 and then finish school.
In this Port Talbot case there might have been nothing illegal but its morally bankrupt in my book, im not saying he knew these youngsters or nothing like that, it might be my valley chapel upbringing but I find it distasteful and I would not want any of my children going to a school were one of the teachers is known to have sex with 16 and 17 year olds.

I didn't realise they were in his charge , i thought he met them independently.Correct me if i'm wrong.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:35 - Nov 18 with 2363 viewsladyjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:28 - Nov 18 by controversial_jack

I didn't realise they were in his charge , i thought he met them independently.Correct me if i'm wrong.

I never said that, I don't know if they had been years ago or not, I suspect not, I hope not, but I don't know.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:47 - Nov 18 with 2352 viewssherpajacob

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 12:06 - Nov 18 by Lohengrin

” ...what is going to happen to the people whose catastrophic professional misjudgement has cost the taxpayers of Neath and Port Talbot £700k?”

Who sacked him under intense pressure from parents who were horrified that the headteacher spends his spare time sodomising adolescents. There’s a natural sense of right and wrong far above and beyond what the ‘law’ says, Pego.

What is horrifying about people over the age of consent engaging in consensual sex.?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:28 - Nov 18 with 2310 viewsPegojack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 12:06 - Nov 18 by Lohengrin

I'm afraid you're falling into the same category of poster I referred to earlier, Loh, not something I would have expected of you.
'Sodomising adolescents'. Couldn't you have found more emotive language? What language would you have used if it had been two girls involved? Does your 'natural sense of right and wrong' cover heterosexual activity too?
EDIT: and I also pick up your point about the LEA acting under extreme pressure from parents. The correct response would have been to tell those parents there was no case to answer, and not to interfere in this man's private life. This has echoes of the case with the primary school in the West Mids which was teaching pupils about the fact that families come in different formats, not just father and mother. Muslim parents mounted huge objections but the LEA rightly resisted them. I ask again, what now happens to the people whose gross mistake has cost £700k?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 14:40]
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 15:38 - Nov 18 with 2259 viewsLohengrin

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:28 - Nov 18 by Pegojack

I'm afraid you're falling into the same category of poster I referred to earlier, Loh, not something I would have expected of you.
'Sodomising adolescents'. Couldn't you have found more emotive language? What language would you have used if it had been two girls involved? Does your 'natural sense of right and wrong' cover heterosexual activity too?
EDIT: and I also pick up your point about the LEA acting under extreme pressure from parents. The correct response would have been to tell those parents there was no case to answer, and not to interfere in this man's private life. This has echoes of the case with the primary school in the West Mids which was teaching pupils about the fact that families come in different formats, not just father and mother. Muslim parents mounted huge objections but the LEA rightly resisted them. I ask again, what now happens to the people whose gross mistake has cost £700k?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 14:40]

I’ve known about this for quite a while, Pego. I work with half a dozen blokes with kids in Tywyn, all of whom were glad to see the back of him.

What would they have said if it was teen girls less than half his age he was meddling with? The same thinking would have applied. This isn’t London or any other metropolis, despite what the media relentlessly tells us the ‘modern world’ is like there is still what you could best describe as a pervasive working-class, Chapel ethos where everything doesn’t ‘go.’ I should know, I’m fair shot through with it myself.

If he had been working at the Cardboard Factory or for an insurance company it wouldn’t matter, but he wasn’t. As Head of a Primary the parents have every right to expect a level of probity, a certain rectitude in his private life. He didn’t have it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 15:46 - Nov 18 with 2240 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:47 - Nov 18 by sherpajacob

What is horrifying about people over the age of consent engaging in consensual sex.?

Absolutely nothing. Legally I’m sure he’s fine, which is why he’s had a pay out.

In the real world, what parent wouldn’t be concerned about the headteacher of their childs primary school (doesn’t say his age but to get to that level I’d guess he must be late thirties at least) having sex with seventeen year olds?
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:15 - Nov 18 with 2206 viewsMrSwerve

Regardless of the case and the legalities of it, he was a bit bloody daft in thinking he could have sex with 17 year olds and that it wouldn't cause problems for him professionally were it to come out.

People just don't think these days, do they?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:17 - Nov 18 with 2203 viewsFlashberryjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:47 - Nov 18 by sherpajacob

It would depend on what that person sees as horrifying sex, even if the sex is consensual and legal.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:35 - Nov 18 with 2193 viewsGowerjack

100% agree.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:40 - Nov 18 with 2177 viewsGowerjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 15:38 - Nov 18 by Lohengrin

I’ve known about this for quite a while, Pego. I work with half a dozen blokes with kids in Tywyn, all of whom were glad to see the back of him.

What would they have said if it was teen girls less than half his age he was meddling with? The same thinking would have applied. This isn’t London or any other metropolis, despite what the media relentlessly tells us the ‘modern world’ is like there is still what you could best describe as a pervasive working-class, Chapel ethos where everything doesn’t ‘go.’ I should know, I’m fair shot through with it myself.

If he had been working at the Cardboard Factory or for an insurance company it wouldn’t matter, but he wasn’t. As Head of a Primary the parents have every right to expect a level of probity, a certain rectitude in his private life. He didn’t have it.

He committed no crime.

You're judging him by your moral standards which will be different to other people's and that doesn't wash.

Plastic since 1974

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:42 - Nov 18 with 2173 viewsGowerjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 15:46 - Nov 18 by jack247

Absolutely nothing. Legally I’m sure he’s fine, which is why he’s had a pay out.

In the real world, what parent wouldn’t be concerned about the headteacher of their childs primary school (doesn’t say his age but to get to that level I’d guess he must be late thirties at least) having sex with seventeen year olds?

If the sex was both legal and consensual it's his business.

Plastic since 1974

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:53 - Nov 18 with 2151 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:42 - Nov 18 by Gowerjack

If the sex was both legal and consensual it's his business.

Yeah legally he’s fine.

He’s a man in a position of considerable power having sex with people who are barely adults.

Up to everyone to make their own moral judgement I guess. Let’s see if he gets another headteacher role now he’s been completely exonerated.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 17:09 - Nov 18 with 2125 viewstheloneranger

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:53 - Nov 18 by jack247

Yeah legally he’s fine.

He’s a man in a position of considerable power having sex with people who are barely adults.

Up to everyone to make their own moral judgement I guess. Let’s see if he gets another headteacher role now he’s been completely exonerated.

If they met on a dating app, how do you know if they knew his employment details??

If they didn't know, how would he be in a position of considerable power??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 18:12 - Nov 18 with 2059 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 17:09 - Nov 18 by theloneranger

If they met on a dating app, how do you know if they knew his employment details??

If they didn't know, how would he be in a position of considerable power??

I meant within his role. I’m not suggesting he’s coerced those particular boys at all.

i.e. If you were a parent of a child at that school, would you be happy with a headteacher who has sex with seventeen year olds?
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 18:35 - Nov 18 with 2019 viewssherpajacob

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 15:38 - Nov 18 by Lohengrin

why were these dads glad to see the back of him?

If he was a rubbish headteacher, there are correct channels and procedures for his removal.

Otherwise what was their issue with him?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024