Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teacher gets 700k compensation 09:56 - Nov 18 with 7292 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-50441566

Surely his private life is just that? Who made this information public?
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 12:44 - Nov 19 with 1162 viewsUxbridge

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:07 - Nov 18 by PozuelosSideys

How old was the teacher out of interest?

Putting his sexuality aside, if this was a teacher picking up 17 year old girls on tinder and he is considerably older then for me it's an issue.

So this guy is a teacher and sleeping with 17 yr olds. Legal. But morally dubious. Gets 700k compo.

Didn't Adam Johnson only kiss that 15 yr old girl? Not a teacher. But illegal and morally wrong.

Fine lines.

A fine line in the sense one is illegal and one isn't? And Johnson did a damn sight more.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:18 - Nov 19 with 1131 viewslondonlisa2001

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 12:44 - Nov 19 by Uxbridge

A fine line in the sense one is illegal and one isn't? And Johnson did a damn sight more.

I’m sure i’ll regret asking this but how on earth did anyone ever find out that this teacher had sex with 2 people he met on a dating site anyway for this ever to get to this stage?
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:24 - Nov 19 with 1122 viewsSoberBaker

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:18 - Nov 19 by londonlisa2001

I’m sure i’ll regret asking this but how on earth did anyone ever find out that this teacher had sex with 2 people he met on a dating site anyway for this ever to get to this stage?

He took it too far by getting his cane out and whipping f*ck out of the pair of them?

AMOW

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:31 - Nov 19 with 1107 viewstheloneranger

Putting his sexuality aside, if this was a teacher picking up 17 year old girls on tinder and he is considerably older then for me it's an issue.

So this guy is a teacher and sleeping with 17 yr olds. Legal. But morally dubious. Gets 700k compo.

Didn't Adam Johnson only kiss that 15 yr old girl? Not a teacher. But illegal and morally wrong.

Fine lines.

Adam Johnson was found guilty of grooming and sexual activity with a girl aged 15.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:39 - Nov 19 with 1099 viewslegoman

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 08:27 - Nov 19 by BarryTownSwam

The council will have some sort of public liability insurance (or similar). The ‘mistake’ was made in ‘good faith’ by the council so an insurance policy pays the £700k. Apart from the expected increased policy premiums there will be no direct cost to the council - the council don’t write the cheque the insurance company do.

The council will have an insurance arrangement for sure that covers their liability as you say. But because of the nature of risks of this type the deductible that the council will have to pay will be substantial and in all likelihood will exceed the £700k award. So yes, the local tax payers will probably have to foot the bill.

It is common for very large organizations to have insurance arrangements like this because they have access to large funds of cash. Otherwise their insurance cost would be astronomical. I suspect UK councils pool their insurance risk rather than pay away premiums to insurers.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:49 - Nov 19 with 1090 viewsdickythorpe

People can't wait to try and get people into trouble these days.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:00 - Nov 19 with 1081 viewstheloneranger

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:39 - Nov 19 by legoman

The council will have an insurance arrangement for sure that covers their liability as you say. But because of the nature of risks of this type the deductible that the council will have to pay will be substantial and in all likelihood will exceed the £700k award. So yes, the local tax payers will probably have to foot the bill.

It is common for very large organizations to have insurance arrangements like this because they have access to large funds of cash. Otherwise their insurance cost would be astronomical. I suspect UK councils pool their insurance risk rather than pay away premiums to insurers.

UK councils and the fire service etc, all pay a deposit of £500K (?) with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court, against their liability for accidents in vehicles owned by them.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:13 - Nov 19 with 1064 viewslegoman

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:00 - Nov 19 by theloneranger

UK councils and the fire service etc, all pay a deposit of £500K (?) with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court, against their liability for accidents in vehicles owned by them.

Yes I believe they do, and because of that they pay their own third party motor injury and damage claims. An authorized insurer may issue paper, but will not actually take on risk.

The councils may well buy catastrophe cover which only kicks in either when a claim exceeds a certain amount or when the sum total of claims exceeds an aggregated limit. This type of arrangement is common for large organizations and differs from the sort of insurances you and I buy.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Login to get fewer ads

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:45 - Nov 19 with 1047 viewsUxbridge

I was filing under "this is South Wales, rumours spread quicker around here than they do from Number 10 to Kuenssberg's mouth" but I'm sure somebody closer to it all will enlighten us.

Some of the nudge-wink comments on this do rather highlight that there's still some way to go on the equality front.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 17:41 - Nov 19 with 994 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 12:32 - Nov 19 by sherpajacob

Shakira and Sarah Michelle Gellar are both 42. Not many 17 year olds would turn down a threesome.

In respect of the headteacher, the police have said nothing illegal happened.

I don’t think anyone on this thread is suggesting he’s done anything illegal.

‘Man has consensual sex with two people of legal age’

and

‘headteacher has sex with two adolescents too young to drink or vote’.

Are both accurate statements. It’s whether you disagree with or see anything wrong with the second that people differ on.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 17:44 - Nov 19 with 991 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:45 - Nov 19 by Uxbridge

I was filing under "this is South Wales, rumours spread quicker around here than they do from Number 10 to Kuenssberg's mouth" but I'm sure somebody closer to it all will enlighten us.

Some of the nudge-wink comments on this do rather highlight that there's still some way to go on the equality front.

Don’t know where it was leaked from, but I’ll take a wild guess that either the two youths had a lot less to lose than him, or their parents or someone close to them found out and complained. Pretty sure he would have wanted to keep this one quiet.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 19:18 - Nov 19 with 946 viewsPozuelosSideys

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:31 - Nov 19 by theloneranger

Adam Johnson was found guilty of grooming and sexual activity with a girl aged 15.

Personally the age thing for me is an issue. But given the guy is 42 and a teacher would suggest he doesn't have the moral compass to look after kids when he's nobbing 17 yr olds. It's a bit like putting Fantastic Mr Fox in charge of the meat counter at Tesco

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:41 - Nov 20 with 889 viewsHighjack

Fine lines.

Adam Johnson didn’t just kiss her.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:50 - Nov 20 with 882 viewsHighjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 17:44 - Nov 19 by jack247

Don’t know where it was leaked from, but I’ll take a wild guess that either the two youths had a lot less to lose than him, or their parents or someone close to them found out and complained. Pretty sure he would have wanted to keep this one quiet.

That first sentence in the context of this thread has completely put me off my breakfast.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:11 - Nov 20 with 827 viewssherpajacob

I would guess from some of the earlier comments, that it would be almost impossible for anyone to enter or leave his house without being spotted by the baying mob of dads carrying pitchforks and flaming torches.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:15 - Nov 20 with 818 viewsLohengrin

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:11 - Nov 20 by sherpajacob

I would guess from some of the earlier comments, that it would be almost impossible for anyone to enter or leave his house without being spotted by the baying mob of dads carrying pitchforks and flaming torches.

Recognised were you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 15:49 - Nov 21 with 738 viewssherpajacob

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:15 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

Recognised were you?

Your comment suggests being seen entering or leaving the house of a gay man is an issue. It isn't for me, maybe it is for you?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:13 - Nov 21 with 723 viewscimlajack

The story broke in the press as a result of the teacher winning his claim for unfair dismissal.
The local authority appealed the original ruling and then lost that case too, the media interest rose dramatically after the second ruling.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 19:40 - Nov 21 with 681 viewsLohengrin

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 15:49 - Nov 21 by sherpajacob

Your comment suggests being seen entering or leaving the house of a gay man is an issue. It isn't for me, maybe it is for you?

Christ almighty! You think what that stinker did is par for the course for homosexuals???

Trawling the net for teenage catamites isn’t normal. He isn’t normal.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:43 - Nov 21 with 635 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 19:40 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Christ almighty! You think what that stinker did is par for the course for homosexuals???

Great post. It’s quite fùcking offensive to imply people who think this whole episode is more than a little sordid are prejudiced against this guy because he’s gay.

He’s a middle aged headteacher who shags teenagers for gods sake.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:52 - Nov 21 with 631 viewsraynor94

Superb post! I might be getting long in the tooth, but I certainly wouldn't have wanted him teaching my children.

Searching the net for 17 years old to have sex with, is not m idea of how a head teacher should behave

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:54 - Nov 21 with 630 viewssherpajacob

Abnormal behaviour? Which part specifically?

Using a dating app to meet like minded people.
Engaging in consensual sex over the age of consent
Being Gay.

Not difficult to see why you consider the honourable member for the 18th century a man of integrity

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:58 - Nov 21 with 625 viewsLohengrin

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:54 - Nov 21 by sherpajacob

Being Gay.

Not difficult to see why you consider the honourable member for the 18th century a man of integrity

I’ll light a candle for you on Sunday, Sherp. If ever a soul was in need of intercession it’s yours.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 21:01 - Nov 21 with 618 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:54 - Nov 21 by sherpajacob

Being Gay.

‘Engaging in consensual sex over the age of consent’.

May be me, but I’d have thought it was set at 16 with the broad idea of allowing teenagers to legally have sex with each other, not a loophole for 40 somethings to have sex with adolescents.

I haven’t seen anything on this thread castigating him for being gay or using a dating app.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 21:03 - Nov 21 with 613 viewsFlashberryjack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:43 - Nov 21 by jack247

Great post. It’s quite fùcking offensive to imply people who think this whole episode is more than a little sordid are prejudiced against this guy because he’s gay.

He’s a middle aged headteacher who shags teenagers for gods sake.

If he were a middle aged teacher sh@gging 17 year old girls, would that be considered acceptable or would we be calling him a dirty old man ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024