Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pembs fans forum last night 10:13 - Nov 21 with 5497 viewspembsjack

attended a fans forum last night, Trevor, Leon and Coops came down to answer questions etc. All 3 came across really well, Trevor seems level headed and was fairly open regarding money etc.
The more I hear of Coops, the more I like him. He's very detailed in his planning and Leon compared him to Brendan several times, so he must see something he likes also.
Birch openly admitted there's no money for January signings unless we sell first.
My main worry from the night was Birch mentioned the decreasing parachute payments and went on to say all assets are under review including players, academy level and the training grounds themselves.
Pembs fans forum last night on 18:42 - Nov 21 with 1272 viewsNotLoyal

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:40 - Nov 21 by marchamjack

We know that Birch is trying to sell the club. That’s their basic exit strategy, certainly so if we stay in the Championship. They cannot realistically make a return out of us in the Championship.

Like all investments, some work out, some don’t. I’ve no idea whether they’ve managed to make any money out of us or not from our PL days and the player dealings, but there’s no chance they’re making a return at the moment.

I think our biggest worry is in the event Birch can’t find a buyer at an acceptable level to them, which needn’t result in a profit (although that would be their ideal) but might involve an acceptable loss. If he can’t find a buyer, then I wonder what they’ll do, certainly after next season when the parachute monies run out. They’re under no obligation to keep us going if they choose to cut their losses at some point (we’re currently a cost and a liability to the hedge fund) and then we might be the next Bury. Not saying that’ll happen, but it’s clearly a possibility to the owners who at some point will just cut their losses if they have to, literally.

Which is why too everyone should be behind the Trust action (accepting its taking far too long) to safeguard best they can against that rainy day.

Any focus on what we earn, what we spend etc... Is purely speculation, you don't know is the answer. Stick with that 👍

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 1263 viewsSwanjaxs

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:40 - Nov 21 by marchamjack

We know that Birch is trying to sell the club. That’s their basic exit strategy, certainly so if we stay in the Championship. They cannot realistically make a return out of us in the Championship.

Like all investments, some work out, some don’t. I’ve no idea whether they’ve managed to make any money out of us or not from our PL days and the player dealings, but there’s no chance they’re making a return at the moment.

I think our biggest worry is in the event Birch can’t find a buyer at an acceptable level to them, which needn’t result in a profit (although that would be their ideal) but might involve an acceptable loss. If he can’t find a buyer, then I wonder what they’ll do, certainly after next season when the parachute monies run out. They’re under no obligation to keep us going if they choose to cut their losses at some point (we’re currently a cost and a liability to the hedge fund) and then we might be the next Bury. Not saying that’ll happen, but it’s clearly a possibility to the owners who at some point will just cut their losses if they have to, literally.

Which is why too everyone should be behind the Trust action (accepting its taking far too long) to safeguard best they can against that rainy day.

Factor in Premier league tv money, transfer fees and parachute payments who's to say they haven't made a return?

Ok the astronomical wage bill would have weighed heavily on any of these payments, but would it be that far-fetched to suggest that they have made money and continue to do so?

Either way as you suggest, they haven't put a cent of their own cash in

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:49 - Nov 21 with 1252 viewsmonmouth

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:22 - Nov 21 by Swanjaxs

So why, if Kaplan and Levine plus the other hedge funders ( none of whom would probably never have heard of Swansea City FC before investing) still hanging around if they hadn't gained anything on their investment?

As you say they are under no obligation to spend any of their monies and it looks like they haven't.

So what's in it for them?

If I was part of a hedge fund I'd want a return on my monies...

And plenty of it
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 18:29]

Well they won’t be getting a return on 60m!

They will already be cutting losses. There is no real way to get money back to those investors within company law....not without further disadvantaging the Trust, which ain’t going to be a good look in court (Trust is also an investor, remember). They will be desperately seeking a buyer. The chances of that happening increase if we are challenging for a PL spot. If there is any spare, investing that would be a far more business savvy move than redistributing a very small relative surplus to investors that will already have moved on. It’ll just be a part of a diversified portfolio to them that is a dog. We won’t be remotely important to any of them now, except as a failed investment to be divested at the best possible price.

If we are up the top end after the next 10 games I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a small movement, especially if we do get interest in Baston and/or Ayew, which I doubt. Then again if we are near the top maybe they’ll feel a low debt or debt free club (who knows what the hell the position is now) challenging in January gives them the best chance of an early sale, so spend nothing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pembs fans forum last night on 07:40 - Nov 22 with 1087 viewsjackrmee

Pembs fans forum last night on 10:21 - Nov 21 by pembsjack

I think the club will do everything they can to offload Andre and Baton, their salary was mentioned on several occasions. Personally I think this season could be our best chance of promotion for a while, sounds like even more cuts and belt-tightening after this season.
They did say they expected VDH to stay and leave at the end of the season.

I wonder if there's any interest in Baston?
He would be the one I'd get rid of given the chance.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Pembs fans forum last night on 07:45 - Nov 22 with 1086 viewsjackrmee

Pembs fans forum last night on 15:31 - Nov 21 by TimTtam

At least they're being honest with the situation we're in. And since everyone in and around the club is aware, we can avoid going down the basket case path that the likes of Portsmouth, Charlton, Bolton, & Wigan went on after PL relegation.

Also interesting hearing that Cullen may go on loan soon (January maybe?). We don't need millions in the bank if we can keep developing good players.

I'd be content to see us become a stable Championship club that rarely has to think about relegation. And it looks like it may be able to happen.

I'd be kind of content with that for now, but only if we can keep the academy open fully. If that's not the case then fuk knows what I want.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Pembs fans forum last night on 07:50 - Nov 22 with 1081 viewsjackrmee

Pembs fans forum last night on 18:42 - Nov 21 by Darran

Well a few days ago the official site was suggesting there’d be lots of signings in January.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andy-scott-its-non-stop-i-love-it

“We are looking at academy and development level recruitment — that’s locally and abroad."

I'd be happy with a few players for the academy tbh.
I don't see why Scott would have come to us if he isn't going to be doing anything.

Pembs fans forum last night on 10:20 - Nov 22 with 1026 viewsLuther27

Pembs fans forum last night on 15:00 - Nov 21 by magicdaps10

I don't think we needed a fans forum to find out about the intent in the next transfer window.
The club is up for sale and there is no intention by the yanks to put money into new signings, even if we do sell, a small percentage might be made available.
Until the club is sold, we are hanging on the edge and our faith is in people to run the playing side on a tight budget.

Did anyone ask Birch if the club is up for sale? Has it been confirmed we are up for sale?
Pembs fans forum last night on 11:52 - Nov 22 with 983 viewspembsjack

Pembs fans forum last night on 10:20 - Nov 22 by Luther27

Did anyone ask Birch if the club is up for sale? Has it been confirmed we are up for sale?

He said he it isn't, as far as he knew, which probably means yes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024