Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread 17:33 - Nov 24 with 29769 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 18:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:06 - Nov 24 with 7159 viewssainthelens

Been told by someone with contacts we are certainties for 3 points.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:20 - Nov 24 with 7154 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:06 - Nov 24 by sainthelens

Been told by someone with contacts we are certainties for 3 points.

Must be a WUM....

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:12 - Nov 24 with 7116 viewsmonmouth

Yorkshire is usually a burial ground for us. Still remember 2-0 up cruising lose 3-2 upthere. Still we've won atLeeds, drawn at Barnsley and Sheff W and now they seriously have something to prove. As big as the scum game after brentford in my eyes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:34 - Nov 24 with 7092 viewsFireboy2

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:12 - Nov 24 by monmouth

Yorkshire is usually a burial ground for us. Still remember 2-0 up cruising lose 3-2 upthere. Still we've won atLeeds, drawn at Barnsley and Sheff W and now they seriously have something to prove. As big as the scum game after brentford in my eyes.

Especially after a gutless performance on saturday.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:10 - Nov 24 with 7060 viewsCooperman

I would liked to have gone to this one but can’t.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:28 - Nov 24 with 7037 viewsPozuelosSideys

Will win 2-1

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:09 - Nov 25 with 6936 viewsSTID2017

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:10 - Nov 24 by Cooperman

I would liked to have gone to this one but can’t.

You're going to miss a memorable away victory on Tuesday.
Otherwise I got a long miserable 5 hour journey home, so COYS !!

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 02:32 - Nov 25 with 6902 viewsTimTtam

If we play with no energy, no motivation, and take no risks, it will be a 0-3 loss.

If we play with energy, motivation, and take the game on, we will win 2-1.

Who knows which team will turn up.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 02:36 - Nov 25 with 6897 viewsSTID2017

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 02:32 - Nov 25 by TimTtam

If we play with no energy, no motivation, and take no risks, it will be a 0-3 loss.

If we play with energy, motivation, and take the game on, we will win 2-1.

Who knows which team will turn up.

I travel in expectation, I hope !!

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:09 - Nov 25 with 6673 viewsBadlands

Team for tomorrow?
I'd like to see

Nordfelt
Roberts Van Der Hoorn Cabango Naughton
.................. Wilmot
...............Fulton ...Carroll
.......Ayew ......................Routledge
.....................Borja

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:40 - Nov 25 with 6582 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:09 - Nov 25 by Badlands

Team for tomorrow?
I'd like to see

Nordfelt

Interesting that both Grimes and Byers get the chop but i can't see how, after Saturday they can justify a starting spot.

Wilmot playing a holding roll, interesting.

Playing Fulton and Carroll together would be a risk, but a risk worth taking after that shambles on the weekend.

Ayew and Routs out wide with BB up top could be a goer.

Why not 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:40 - Nov 25 with 6492 viewsRuDeMan1970

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:09 - Nov 25 by Badlands

Team for tomorrow?
I'd like to see

Nordfelt

Nordfelt??? Seriously?

..."who will guard the guards..?"

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:10 - Nov 25 with 6453 viewsOldjack

Apart from Ayew who always busts a gut ,i'd like to see a lot more sweating ,and for those who wear glovers keeper excluded ,man up you pussies !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:38 - Nov 25 with 6409 viewsZaxx

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:10 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

Apart from Ayew who always busts a gut ,i'd like to see a lot more sweating ,and for those who wear glovers keeper excluded ,man up you pussies !

I'd like to see Andre at 10, not sure what end product Bersant achieves.
Not much different for his national team either tbf.

Any statisticians out there able to inform us of his goal to shot ratio or assists?
Not trying to be contentious, just interested.
His play looks pretty but ineffective to me most of the time.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:01 - Nov 25 with 6379 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:40 - Nov 25 by RuDeMan1970

Nordfelt??? Seriously?

Well that won’t happen.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:05 - Nov 25 with 6372 viewsangryjack

Team for tomorrow?
I'd like to see

Nordfelt

Lay off the crack mush makes your head funny
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:19 - Nov 25 with 6349 viewsOldjack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:38 - Nov 25 by Zaxx

I'd like to see Andre at 10, not sure what end product Bersant achieves.
Not much different for his national team either tbf.

Any statisticians out there able to inform us of his goal to shot ratio or assists?
Not trying to be contentious, just interested.
His play looks pretty but ineffective to me most of the time.

Ayew runs runs and runs ,bit like a headless chicken at times though

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:27 - Nov 25 with 6342 viewspencoedjack

Is this game on the red button?
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:57 - Nov 25 with 6308 viewsOldjack

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:27 - Nov 25 by pencoedjack

Is this game on the red button?

yep

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:13 - Nov 25 with 6292 viewsZaxx

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:19 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

Ayew runs runs and runs ,bit like a headless chicken at times though

But, he gives 100% effort and has a wicked piece of incision and awareness in his game.
We don't have that in our MF mate.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:22 - Nov 25 with 6274 viewsFireboy2

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:13 - Nov 25 by Zaxx

But, he gives 100% effort and has a wicked piece of incision and awareness in his game.
We don't have that in our MF mate.

Hes another level above anything we have, which is a shame, imo he should be in a front 3 of him, baston and routledge, all three players are clever and will cause any championship defence problems, its just a damn shame we dont have any decent strong midfielders.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:15 - Nov 25 with 6208 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don’t think you can give Ayew a specific defined role. He has to be given freedom to roam because that’s what he’ll do anyway. He doesn’t have positional discipline and he clearly isn’t going to change now.

What we don’t have is midfield players who can read the game and gamble. When Ayew drifts wide and drags defenders with him we should have midfield players making runs into the space that Ayew has created. When we don’t play with a traditional centre forward, Ayew, the wide players, Celina and Byers should be interchangeable when we attack.

Instead, we have a team of statues. Defending against us is far too easy.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:53 - Nov 25 with 6167 viewsFireboy2

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:15 - Nov 25 by Joe_bradshaw

I don’t think you can give Ayew a specific defined role. He has to be given freedom to roam because that’s what he’ll do anyway. He doesn’t have positional discipline and he clearly isn’t going to change now.

What we don’t have is midfield players who can read the game and gamble. When Ayew drifts wide and drags defenders with him we should have midfield players making runs into the space that Ayew has created. When we don’t play with a traditional centre forward, Ayew, the wide players, Celina and Byers should be interchangeable when we attack.

Your last sentence is absolutely spot on.

I watch our midfield and attack when we do have the ball and we just dont move enough to give the player with the ball any choice.

Its a bit easier away from home as the home team push up more leaving more space at the back and that is probably the reason we are doing so well away.

Just hope it continues tomorrow.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:15 - Nov 26 with 6115 viewsBadlands

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:15 - Nov 25 by Joe_bradshaw

Happy for him to roam behind Borja.
But' lack of positional discipline' is a bit harsh.
He works his socks off for the team and like Routledge does more Han his share of defending because it is necessary with our excuse for a midfield.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 04:20 - Nov 26 with 6029 viewsdameedna

Woodman
Roberts Wilmot VDH Naughton
Carroll Grimes Celina
Ayew Baston Surridge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024