Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ask yourselves this... 13:22 - Nov 25 with 1772 viewsNWSwans

Whats more likely to change our terrible home form or our incredible away form?

We have snatched more than our fair share of points away from home and eventually someone will put us too the sword much like Brentford did.

Like many on here i am always result over performance but can anyone seriously see these performances getting us a top half finish, i'm not even thinking we will finish in the top 6.

PS - I'd keep cooper, i think hes doing well with some average players, confidence on the pitch does seem surprisingly low for a team in 6th though.
Ask yourselves this... on 14:02 - Nov 25 with 1710 viewsBadlands

While our away results have been welcome our form hasn't been much better than at home.
Home teams leave more spaces in their own half and we drop back to defend.

I'd replace Cooper (TBF I have never rated him so I am biased) because he has a far better squad of players than Potter at this stage of the season. It was also a far more settled squad.
Borja was bettering McBurnie's goal record until he wingers were dropped and then Borja himself.
James was only just stating to show.
The current younger players - Grimes, Byers, Rodon, Celina, all have a season of senior football behind them. Ayew and Borja are excellent at this level and he's brought in 5 players of his choice.
I don't see a single player improving as the season has gone on.

I'm half full at the moment because I can't see much improvement either home or any.

In the Q&A it was said
'Let’s not forget, Steve Cooper has only had a few months in the job, which happens to be his first in senior management,' Too much for him IMO.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 14:03]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ask yourselves this... on 14:43 - Nov 25 with 1655 viewsvetchonian

Ask yourselves this... on 14:02 - Nov 25 by Badlands

While our away results have been welcome our form hasn't been much better than at home.
Home teams leave more spaces in their own half and we drop back to defend.

I'd replace Cooper (TBF I have never rated him so I am biased) because he has a far better squad of players than Potter at this stage of the season. It was also a far more settled squad.
Borja was bettering McBurnie's goal record until he wingers were dropped and then Borja himself.
James was only just stating to show.
The current younger players - Grimes, Byers, Rodon, Celina, all have a season of senior football behind them. Ayew and Borja are excellent at this level and he's brought in 5 players of his choice.
I don't see a single player improving as the season has gone on.

I'm half full at the moment because I can't see much improvement either home or any.

In the Q&A it was said
'Let’s not forget, Steve Cooper has only had a few months in the job, which happens to be his first in senior management,' Too much for him IMO.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 14:03]

Who would your choice of manager be to replace Cooper?

Yes players are not improving but have they found their level?
Celina looked knackered after his International duties, Grimes and Byers both flatter to deceive in my opinion,Rodon up till his injury has done well.

Our problem at home is breaking down sides who put 11 players behind the ball as Millwall did on Saturday,we looked better when Peterson came on but I think too much has emphasis has been laid at the coaching teams door about the "Swansea Way" and possession sometimes we need to fight to gret a result....on Saturday that fight was not there. For some reason the players kept passing it square with minutes to go even though we had 3 forwards up front and Cooper himself was screaming to get the ball forwards!
Im not sure if chopping and changing managers again will help...in fact I guess Cooper came as he was glad to get the gig even knowing the restricitions he would have on transfers which maybe other managers would not put up with. That said we have a good squad for this division and it could be capable of promotion.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ask yourselves this... on 15:15 - Nov 25 with 1615 viewsBadlands

Ask yourselves this... on 14:43 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

Celina looked knackered after his International duties, Grimes and Byers both flatter to deceive in my opinion,Rodon up till his injury has done well.

Our problem at home is breaking down sides who put 11 players behind the ball as Millwall did on Saturday,we looked better when Peterson came on but I think too much has emphasis has been laid at the coaching teams door about the "Swansea Way" and possession sometimes we need to fight to gret a result....on Saturday that fight was not there. For some reason the players kept passing it square with minutes to go even though we had 3 forwards up front and Cooper himself was screaming to get the ball forwards!
Im not sure if chopping and changing managers again will help...in fact I guess Cooper came as he was glad to get the gig even knowing the restricitions he would have on transfers which maybe other managers would not put up with. That said we have a good squad for this division and it could be capable of promotion.

we had 5 players all in a line on the edge of the box and Peterson and Seagull doing nothing with passion on the left wing. As soon as the ball bounced back off their very tall defenders we had no one in midfield to collect.
Naughton and Horn did their best to collect loose clearances but were left defending against 4 or 5 Millwall players.

I'd play Cabango at CB and move Wilmot to CDM.

he Swansea way has gone - my version was we passed and moved and if we didn't get through we'd go back and pass and move. These players have dome that rarely its all pass and stand still.

Not changing the manager will guarantee us a finish of 10 - 16 but I can not for the life of me see where Cooper is taking. us. No one has improved, our play hasn't improved, our results are not improving from what many thought was a slump.

Possible replacements if he were to go?
Sousa would be my preferred option
Ian Burchnall would revitalise what Potter started.
At this level I would be happy with Guidolin or Carvalhal.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ask yourselves this... on 15:26 - Nov 25 with 1595 viewsjojaca

Ask yourselves this... on 14:43 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

Teams putting elevens players behind the ball, what football have you been watching. Every game I am watching teams are pressing us high up the pitch in numbers and we are clueless to overcome it. There were times on Saturday Millwall looked closer to Swansalona than we could ever imagine to be.

Even when you know, you never know?

Ask yourselves this... on 15:31 - Nov 25 with 1585 viewsvetchonian

Ask yourselves this... on 15:15 - Nov 25 by Badlands

we had 5 players all in a line on the edge of the box and Peterson and Seagull doing nothing with passion on the left wing. As soon as the ball bounced back off their very tall defenders we had no one in midfield to collect.
Naughton and Horn did their best to collect loose clearances but were left defending against 4 or 5 Millwall players.

I'd play Cabango at CB and move Wilmot to CDM.

he Swansea way has gone - my version was we passed and moved and if we didn't get through we'd go back and pass and move. These players have dome that rarely its all pass and stand still.

Not changing the manager will guarantee us a finish of 10 - 16 but I can not for the life of me see where Cooper is taking. us. No one has improved, our play hasn't improved, our results are not improving from what many thought was a slump.

Possible replacements if he were to go?
Sousa would be my preferred option
Ian Burchnall would revitalise what Potter started.
At this level I would be happy with Guidolin or Carvalhal.

YOu obviously do not watch closely enough...Peterson did quite a lot when he came on.Too players on and actually burst into the box to be poleaxed just before the Milwall broke leading to the free kick that resulted in their goal

Peterson was effective he did things so I am not sure what game you were watching

As regards managers Sousa is unavailable and our defensive game is not an issue which is the thing he improved whilst manager..it is the lack of midfield ,Carvalahl not for me he cost us relegation as he went ultra cautious towards the end and as for Guidolin he wouldnt come back after the way we treated him.

Ask yourselves this... on 15:48 - Nov 25 with 1558 viewsvetchonian

Ask yourselves this... on 15:26 - Nov 25 by jojaca

Teams putting elevens players behind the ball, what football have you been watching. Every game I am watching teams are pressing us high up the pitch in numbers and we are clueless to overcome it. There were times on Saturday Millwall looked closer to Swansalona than we could ever imagine to be.

When we had the ball and ventured to their half all their players were in their half they kept a very good defensive shape....yes they pressed us when we had a goal kick but whenever we got in their half they had the whole team back.

Ask yourselves this... on 16:21 - Nov 25 with 1521 viewsoldcob

Ask yourselves this... on 15:48 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

When we had the ball and ventured to their half all their players were in their half they kept a very good defensive shape....yes they pressed us when we had a goal kick but whenever we got in their half they had the whole team back.

It would help if we filled the ground and created a bit of atmosphere too. It worked against Cardiff. Maybe if the big game supporters got their butts on the seats at the Liberty and supported the team when it needs it. Let's take a leaf out of our away supporters book, who are superb always.
Ask yourselves this... on 16:28 - Nov 25 with 1509 viewsvetchonian

Ask yourselves this... on 16:21 - Nov 25 by oldcob

It would help if we filled the ground and created a bit of atmosphere too. It worked against Cardiff. Maybe if the big game supporters got their butts on the seats at the Liberty and supported the team when it needs it. Let's take a leaf out of our away supporters book, who are superb always.

Great Post....there was zero atmosphere Saturday I know the game fizzled to crap but no buzz at all from the fans at the beginning....we used to make so much noise at the Liberty...and even more at the Vetch with less attendees so whats going on?

Login to get fewer ads

Ask yourselves this... on 16:34 - Nov 25 with 1494 viewssainthelens

Leeds/WBA aside, this league is crap. And we find ourselves towards the top of a bad bunch. Results like Saturday will continue for us and others around us. That's the reality no matter how loud we kick n scream.
Ask yourselves this... on 18:00 - Nov 25 with 1384 viewspencoedjack

Ask yourselves this... on 16:34 - Nov 25 by sainthelens

Leeds/WBA aside, this league is crap. And we find ourselves towards the top of a bad bunch. Results like Saturday will continue for us and others around us. That's the reality no matter how loud we kick n scream.

I had a conversation about exactly the same thing today.
Ask yourselves this... on 03:08 - Nov 26 with 1172 viewsTimTtam

The way I see it, away games are home games, and home games are away.

Teams love coming to Swansea and playing us. There is no fear factor. Which is damning since prior to the Forest game, we were unbeatable at home.

On average we probably have at minimum 15,000 home fans each game. And if we want them to get involved in a non-derby game, we have to give them reasons. Attacking runs. Fast, slick passing. Hard tackles to win the ball back. When Dyer put in that cross early in the 2nd half, the crowd applauded and there was some temporary atmosphere.

I watched Sheffield United vs Man U the other day, and everything SU did was with purpose. You could tell they wanted it far more. And the crowd loved it, and got involved regularly. They made their fair share of mistakes, but the crowd didn't care because their team was taking risks. And more often than not they payed off.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Ask yourselves this... on 04:23 - Nov 26 with 1148 viewsdameedna

They are far from average players. This team did well last year and has some EPL experience.

The only ingredients we have lost are James and McBurnie I would swap them for Ayew and Baston but we don't have that luxury.

The team can win the league.

Long way to go yet.

Keep the faith.
Ask yourselves this... on 08:40 - Nov 26 with 1037 viewsNWSwans

Ask yourselves this... on 04:23 - Nov 26 by dameedna

They are far from average players. This team did well last year and has some EPL experience.

The only ingredients we have lost are James and McBurnie I would swap them for Ayew and Baston but we don't have that luxury.

The team can win the league.

Long way to go yet.

Keep the faith.

Come on, win the league really?

Love the optimism but can't see that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024