Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politics in the classroom... 00:26 - Nov 26 with 4386 viewsKerouac

The Labour Party would like to brainwash your kids...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50551765

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Politics in the classroom... on 00:58 - Nov 26 with 3709 viewsLeonWasGod

3/10 needs more work
Politics in the classroom... on 09:02 - Nov 26 with 3624 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Andrew Neil interview with nicola sturgeon should be shown to everyone north of the border. He completed destroyed her arguments for Scottish independence.

Even nicola admitted that if Scotland left the UK that Scotland would have to apply to join the EU.
Their current fiscal deficit and lack of a stable national currency would prevent that.
As to a hard border between the UK and Scotland she had no idea.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Politics in the classroom... on 09:08 - Nov 26 with 3614 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Politics in the classroom... on 09:02 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

The Andrew Neil interview with nicola sturgeon should be shown to everyone north of the border. He completed destroyed her arguments for Scottish independence.

Even nicola admitted that if Scotland left the UK that Scotland would have to apply to join the EU.
Their current fiscal deficit and lack of a stable national currency would prevent that.

I quite like Neil. Corbyn is up tonight.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Politics in the classroom... on 09:12 - Nov 26 with 3610 viewsLohengrin

I posted this on another thread in the same context but it bears repeating and thinking about.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Politics in the classroom... on 10:47 - Nov 26 with 3582 viewsCatullus

My son is 11 and more than once he's come home with a political opinion which, when I spoke to him about it turned out to be his teachers opinion. Not that I diagreed with some of it eg, Trump is untrustworthy. It's not a teachers job to indoctrinate our children though.

https://medium.com/the-politicalists/britains-younger-generations-are-overwhelmi

They reckon we start off tending to the left wing but move to the right as we get older. Boris must have been a young Tory!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Politics in the classroom... on 11:03 - Nov 26 with 3570 viewsThrasher6

As opposed to the Tories getting the Mail and the Express to brainwash the elderly...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Politics in the classroom... on 11:11 - Nov 26 with 3564 viewsCatullus

Politics in the classroom... on 11:03 - Nov 26 by Thrasher6

As opposed to the Tories getting the Mail and the Express to brainwash the elderly...

Corbyn is elderly. The mainstream media, some are to the left, some are to the right but the bias is equal, if opposite.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Politics in the classroom... on 11:24 - Nov 26 with 3553 viewsJack_Meoff

Politics in the classroom... on 11:11 - Nov 26 by Catullus

Corbyn is elderly. The mainstream media, some are to the left, some are to the right but the bias is equal, if opposite.

When was the last time you visited a newsagent?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Politics in the classroom... on 11:34 - Nov 26 with 3541 viewsCatullus

Politics in the classroom... on 11:24 - Nov 26 by Jack_Meoff

When was the last time you visited a newsagent?

I haven't a clue.....nothing new there though. The post applies to the bias in the individual uitlets though, not how many there are of each side.

Politics in the classroom... on 17:32 - Nov 26 with 3459 viewscontroversial_jack

Excellent point.
Politics in the classroom... on 17:33 - Nov 26 with 3457 viewscontroversial_jack

Politics in the classroom... on 11:11 - Nov 26 by Catullus

It's hardly equal. most mainstream media is right wing
Politics in the classroom... on 17:44 - Nov 26 with 3446 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Except you read those by choice, the kids get it whether they want it or not.
Politics in the classroom... on 17:45 - Nov 26 with 3444 viewsBest_loser

Politics in the classroom... on 17:33 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

There would be no trump without Fox news

There would be no brexit without the sun newspaper

Murdoch has done huge damage
Politics in the classroom... on 17:50 - Nov 26 with 3437 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Kerouac, indoctrination has been going on for years and is all part of UN Agenda 21, 2030 & sustainability.

https://www.pce.parliament.nz/media/pdfs/local_agenda_02_00.pdf

and not just here

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/education/item/21301-un-pushes-agenda-21-
https://greenschoolsa.co.za/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo5q-xbeI5gIVh7TtCh169QyMEAAYASAAE
Politics in the classroom... on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 3437 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Politics in the classroom... on 17:45 - Nov 26 by Best_loser

There would be no trump without Fox news

There would be no brexit without the sun newspaper

Murdoch has done huge damage

Must be true Liverpool voted to remain and they don't sell the sun there.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Politics in the classroom... on 20:59 - Nov 26 with 3391 viewsmajorraglan

Politics in the classroom... on 09:02 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

Not seen the interview, but a hard border in Ireland was an issue hence Boris changing his position and looking at a Customs arrangement in the Irish Sea. If Scotland is in the EU and the rest of us are out then you’d think there has to be a border of some form between Scotland and England.
Politics in the classroom... on 21:23 - Nov 26 with 3375 viewsCatullus

Politics in the classroom... on 17:33 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

Like I said, my point ws about the bias in the individual outlets, not the number on either side but as a thought, how many people read the right wing press, how many the left wing and how many read both? I read both by the way but I have no clue about the circulation figures or online reader numbers.

Politics in the classroom... on 22:30 - Nov 26 with 3336 viewsKilkennyjack

Politics in the classroom... on 09:12 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

I posted this on another thread in the same context but it bears repeating and thinking about.

Its exactly how the British state has treated the Welsh people.

I am sure we can all recognise this.

Beware of the Risen People

Politics in the classroom... on 14:16 - Nov 27 with 3290 viewsCatullus

Politics in the classroom... on 22:30 - Nov 26 by Kilkennyjack

What, recognise that you don't understand our own history......yes

Politics in the classroom... on 14:54 - Nov 27 with 3270 viewsladyjack

Politics in the classroom... on 22:30 - Nov 26 by Kilkennyjack

Spot on as usual Kilkennyjack.
Politics in the classroom... on 13:47 - Nov 28 with 3198 viewscostalotta

My daughter studies politics in school. It’s not a new thing.

The funny thing is, during the last 14 months or so she come extolling the virtues of each of the main parties at different times. She’s also spent the same amount of time slagging of each of the parties in turn, depending upon where the praise was lavished so to speak. I actually think this means it’s working well, she’s young so not totally formed a view yet but she’s exposed to the different parties views etc.

The OP is a paranoid old fool who’s looking to blame and dislike anyone that he’s told to.
Politics in the classroom... on 14:02 - Nov 28 with 3183 viewsBatterseajack

This country does pretty much have rose tinted view on its colonialist past. The worst parts of it have been air brushed from history.
Politics in the classroom... on 14:04 - Nov 28 with 3183 viewsLohengrin

Politics in the classroom... on 13:47 - Nov 28 by costalotta

My daughter studies politics in school. It’s not a new thing.

The funny thing is, during the last 14 months or so she come extolling the virtues of each of the main parties at different times. She’s also spent the same amount of time slagging of each of the parties in turn, depending upon where the praise was lavished so to speak. I actually think this means it’s working well, she’s young so not totally formed a view yet but she’s exposed to the different parties views etc.

The OP is a paranoid old fool who’s looking to blame and dislike anyone that he’s told to.

What form do these lessons take, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m assuming your daughter is in secondary school? Is it an introduction to the mechanics of the British state - how elections work, how Parliament operates and its relationship with the devolved assemblies. That sort of thing?

Or are they trying to introduce children to classical thought via Cleisthenes and Aristotle, Sulla and Cicero? Is that too much to hope for?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 14:06]

Politics in the classroom... on 16:57 - Nov 28 with 3133 viewscostalotta

Politics in the classroom... on 14:04 - Nov 28 by Lohengrin

What form do these lessons take, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m assuming your daughter is in secondary school? Is it an introduction to the mechanics of the British state - how elections work, how Parliament operates and its relationship with the devolved assemblies. That sort of thing?

Or are they trying to introduce children to classical thought via Cleisthenes and Aristotle, Sulla and Cicero? Is that too much to hope for?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 14:06]

Couldn’t tell you the form per se but you have basically hit the nail on the head in your first para. No classical studies as it were. She’s studying History A level too and that’s interesting in the sense it overlaps somewhat.

It’s great seeing her develop politically speaking, she’s now not always sticking with the first thing so to speak. But like us all, political maturity takes time and life experience. From a dads perspective I just hope she develops an appreciation that politics is not black or white and neither should be an entrenchment of positions, it’s much more than that. But sadly...
Politics in the classroom... on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 3120 viewsLohengrin

Politics in the classroom... on 16:57 - Nov 28 by costalotta

Couldn’t tell you the form per se but you have basically hit the nail on the head in your first para. No classical studies as it were. She’s studying History A level too and that’s interesting in the sense it overlaps somewhat.

It’s great seeing her develop politically speaking, she’s now not always sticking with the first thing so to speak. But like us all, political maturity takes time and life experience. From a dads perspective I just hope she develops an appreciation that politics is not black or white and neither should be an entrenchment of positions, it’s much more than that. But sadly...

I am genuinely interested. I took British Constitution at A Level, what feels like a century ago, and seem to recall the course being discontinued a few years later.

It sounds like your girl is doing a revamped, modern version.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024