Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation 14:51 - Nov 26 with 157512 views1983

Anything to do with Wales game just leave here

Tickets, Travel, Meets out there, Accommodation

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:35 - Jan 16 with 7802 views1983

We are going via Pisa with a 2 night stop over at Florence anyone thinking of staying over in Pisa don't bother there is nothing there if it wasn't for the leaning tower you would never hear of the place a totally soulless place

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 13:47 - Jan 16 with 7767 viewshaxbyjack

We’re not staying there either, we go to Rome via Baku and just fly home to Leeds via Pisa, it was just an option for those looking for cheaper flights that were just doing Rome, our return to Leeds was just over £50. Totally agree Florence is a far better option for an overnight stay.

Plastic through and through, grounds to date! Lincoln City, Kidderminster Harriers, Macclesfield, Harlepool Utd, Northampton Town, York City, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Bristol Rovers, Bury, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Coventry, Bristol City, Crewe, Tranmere Rovers, Sheff Utd, Port Vale, Oldham, Walsall, Swindon Town, Preston, BRadford City, Rotherham United, Peterborough Utd, Bolton Wanderers, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Birmingham City, Doncaster Rovers ( old & new), Middlesbrough, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds Utd, Reading, Wigan Athletic, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, QPR, Blackpool, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull City, Fulham, Everton, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Arsenal (old & new), Newcastle United, Scum, Norwich City, West Ham Utd, Stoke City (old & new), Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Wembley, Millenium & Malmo....... Manchester United, Darlington ( forgot them) To be continued.....

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:31 - Jan 16 with 7730 viewsDrGonzo

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:35 - Jan 16 by 1983

We are going via Pisa with a 2 night stop over at Florence anyone thinking of staying over in Pisa don't bother there is nothing there if it wasn't for the leaning tower you would never hear of the place a totally soulless place

There'll be a group of us in Florence for the Wales vs Turkey game on the Wednesday. Found Airbnbs in Florence and Rome very reasonable. Rome cheaper somehow.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:27 - Jan 19 with 7264 viewsWarwickHunt

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:31 - Jan 16 by DrGonzo

There'll be a group of us in Florence for the Wales vs Turkey game on the Wednesday. Found Airbnbs in Florence and Rome very reasonable. Rome cheaper somehow.

Always stay (and eat) on the Oltrarno (south) side of the river.

Try the legendary Bistecca alla Fiorentina - you’ll need at least 2 or 3 to share it and it’s served seared outside and rare inside. Difficult to get a bad meal in Florence especially if you eat where the locals eat but always best to book as every bugger seems to eat out twice a day.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:34 - Jan 19 with 7261 viewsWarwickHunt

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:19 - Dec 25 by DrGonzo

Ha, it is a bit extravagant but I'm not doing the knockouts if we get through due to a wedding and family holiday. And I'll probably be broke.

The train service in Italy is supposed to be great for anyone flying in elsewhere.

Will check out that tip, cheers pal.

Italian trains are brilliant and very cheap. Just make sure you stick your ticket in the machine on the platform to validate it for the journey. You can also break your journey and get back on within a few hours if you want to without paying extra.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:11 - Jan 19 with 7233 viewsDrGonzo

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:34 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Italian trains are brilliant and very cheap. Just make sure you stick your ticket in the machine on the platform to validate it for the journey. You can also break your journey and get back on within a few hours if you want to without paying extra.

Sage advice thank you. Heard steak is the dish of Florence. Will look forward to it.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:16 - Jan 19 with 7232 viewsFireboy2

If anyone is going to rome get yourself to the trastevere area, which is to the west of the city, staying there is quite reasonable and the bars and restaurants are ten a penny, therefore keeping the prices down.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 20:20 - Jan 19 with 7220 viewsWarwickHunt

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:16 - Jan 19 by Fireboy2

If anyone is going to rome get yourself to the trastevere area, which is to the west of the city, staying there is quite reasonable and the bars and restaurants are ten a penny, therefore keeping the prices down.

By far the best place to stay in Rome. 10 minutes to the centre on the tram -or a nice walk along the Tiber.

Great flea market on Sundays.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:03 - Jan 19 with 7203 viewsChief

Staying by Roma Termini. Any tips?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:15 - Jan 19 with 7202 viewsWarwickHunt

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:03 - Jan 19 by Chief

Go a bit off the beaten track to eat/drink - it’s quite a safe area but avoid the immediate area just like you would near the main station in any major tourist city.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:16]
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:24 - Jan 19 with 7196 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:03 - Jan 19 by Chief

I stayed by Termini in September for a few nights. Great for transport. Metro is in a X Shape in Rome, with Termini smack in the middle. So you can get anywhere easily and cheaply. There's also a bus station there that takes you everywhere. Plenty of decent priced restaurants too. Good location.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:23 - Jan 20 with 7046 viewsNotLoyal

This is a very confusing thread, I have it on good authority that only bald fat men from Cardiff follow Wales.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 20:57]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 20:28 - Jan 20 with 7031 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 20:20 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

By far the best place to stay in Rome. 10 minutes to the centre on the tram -or a nice walk along the Tiber.

Great flea market on Sundays.

Stayed in a hotel on Via Vittorio Veneto 2 years ago, eye watering expensive for a Neath boy. I paid 17 euros for a mojito in a bar by the hotel, it was the last one she had as well!

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 7011 viewsWarwickHunt

Food alert! Chips in Italy are the same as in the USA - fûcking crisps! Usually home made in restaurants but still fûcking crisps.
Order French fries if you want chips.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:35 - Jan 20 with 7002 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 20:28 - Jan 20 by Neath_Jack

Stayed in a hotel on Via Vittorio Veneto 2 years ago, eye watering expensive for a Neath boy. I paid 17 euros for a mojito in a bar by the hotel, it was the last one she had as well!

Harry's Bar was the place with eye watering prices.

Nice mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:47 - Jan 20 with 6997 viewsWarwickHunt

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:35 - Jan 20 by Neath_Jack

Harry's Bar was the place with eye watering prices.

Nice mind.

Stayed in a hotel just off the Veneto years ago. Was the trendiest place on the planet in the 60s.

Was Harry’s Bar the one with all the black and white photos of the 60s film stars on the walls?
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:50 - Jan 20 with 6995 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:47 - Jan 20 by WarwickHunt

Stayed in a hotel just off the Veneto years ago. Was the trendiest place on the planet in the 60s.

Was Harry’s Bar the one with all the black and white photos of the 60s film stars on the walls?

Yeah that's the one, the manager was explaining that the area was where the Dolce Vita stuff was going on back in the day. I think he just wanted to put a tail on the woman i was with to be honest.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 18:26 - Jan 22 with 6684 viewssherpajacob

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d4479794-Reviews-Finnega

one stop on the metro to Cavour or a short walk.

Had a few drinks in this place on 6 nations weekends, a couple of decent local bars nearby as well but don't ask me their names or how to find them.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:13 - Jan 24 with 6353 viewsTNT

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:34 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Found South of France trains the same tbf. Someone in charge of trains in this country needs to have a fkn look.

Love Italy. Florence is one of the nicest cities. Love Rome. Went to Napoli, saw little of Naples though. Love Lakes area. One of my favourite places is Lucca. A little disappointed in Milan, possibly because all the others really impressed me.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:56 - Jan 24 with 6336 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:13 - Jan 24 by TNT

Found South of France trains the same tbf. Someone in charge of trains in this country needs to have a fkn look.

Love Italy. Florence is one of the nicest cities. Love Rome. Went to Napoli, saw little of Naples though. Love Lakes area. One of my favourite places is Lucca. A little disappointed in Milan, possibly because all the others really impressed me.

Napoli is a lovely shithole
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 21:57]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:04 - Jan 24 with 6327 viewsTNT

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:56 - Jan 24 by builthjack

I heard it was a shithole... just not the lovely bit! Had a great time regardless!

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:58 - Jan 24 with 6305 viewsTNT

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:56 - Jan 24 by builthjack

cardiff fans must've been seething watching The Jacks in Napoli.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 12:25 - Jan 25 with 6162 viewsBadlands

State owned.
(Most of Europe has rely good train services - most are largely owned or carefully controlled by the state. Our are pimped out for shareholders to take payments with the state only picking up the loses.)
We could have had the same!
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 12:27]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 08:05 - Jan 27 with 5832 viewsandrew

Will any tickets be going on general sale for the ballot? Or have the red wall snapped them all up?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 09:05 - Jan 27 with 5821 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 08:05 - Jan 27 by andrew

Will any tickets be going on general sale for the ballot? Or have the red wall snapped them all up?

You will get Baku tickets. I know quite a few who are now just going to do Baku. More money to get there, but cheap when there. So probably spend less overall than going for the one game to Rome.
You get two games in Baku.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024