Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation 14:51 - Nov 26 with 157182 views1983

Anything to do with Wales game just leave here

Tickets, Travel, Meets out there, Accommodation

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 13:47 - Mar 20 with 2012 viewsTenbySwan

Just had e mail from Uefa, tournament now 11th June - 11th July 2021

They will write to all ticket holders mid April with details of refund procedure if they want to go down that road.

Details will also be on their website at that time.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 15:33 - Mar 20 with 1981 viewsJackFish

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:30 - Mar 19 by Chief

Plenty of options to get there, none cheap and all have a stop on route, best I saw was probably Istanbul. Kiev was an option with long stop, but time to go and explore which appealed to me. Another was overnight train from Tblisi although the flights and train didn't tie up so you'd have to spend an extra night in Tblisi.

You can go direct - Azerbaijan airlines have flights from Heathrow a few times a week. Expensive as feck though and they all got booked up really quickly for this summer.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:49 - Mar 20 with 1967 viewskarnataka

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 08:22 - Mar 20 by builthjack

I was looking at flying to Cologne, then Istanbul, then to Baku for £153
Then Baku to Tbilisi, then to Rome for £154
Then Rome to Berlin, then to Heathrow for £161
£468 total
Multiple flights to Baku and back, without Rome, were working out about £320.
I didn't think it was too bad.

Did you use Skyscanner by any chance? They came up with dozens of options for every possibility I entered with a range of prices, routes, trip times etc. Easyjet Bristol>Rome return was nearly £400, Skyscanner came up with and outbound flight via Valencia and a return flight via, not sure now, might have been Frankfurt, for a round trip price of £110. Loads of options for Baku too but some of the cheaper ones took best part of a couple of days each way and probably no sleep!
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 1950 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:49 - Mar 20 by karnataka

Did you use Skyscanner by any chance? They came up with dozens of options for every possibility I entered with a range of prices, routes, trip times etc. Easyjet Bristol>Rome return was nearly £400, Skyscanner came up with and outbound flight via Valencia and a return flight via, not sure now, might have been Frankfurt, for a round trip price of £110. Loads of options for Baku too but some of the cheaper ones took best part of a couple of days each way and probably no sleep!

I found skyscanner the best yes. No overnight stays, but I think was taking between 11 and 19 hours to get from London to Baku.
A direct flight was coming out at £342 before it was sold out

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:31 - Mar 20 with 1881 viewsChief

Length of stay was my issue with Baku, bit limited on that front. Generally it meant travelling to London, then airport for 2 hours then flight somewhere, then stop off, then flight to baku, then transfer. In reality talking 1 day at least just travelling, same on way home. Don't want to arrive on matchday and would want another day at least exploring if going to that effort. So at least 4 days, more likely 5 dependent on flight times. I'll review again next summer. It is the type of place I wouldn't go for any other reason apart from football though.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:53 - Apr 4 with 1693 viewsbuilthjack

Heavy rumour that it's being talked about in Uefa about having next years finals in Germany, and then the 2024 finals in the 12 countries that would have hosted this year.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:55 - Apr 5 with 1658 views1983

Germany works for me

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 1639 viewsFireboy2

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:53 - Apr 4 by builthjack

Heavy rumour that it's being talked about in Uefa about having next years finals in Germany, and then the 2024 finals in the 12 countries that would have hosted this year.

You tw@t, I thought you was going to keep it to yourself until it came out?
Login to get fewer ads

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:33 - Jun 13 with 1477 viewskarnataka

Went for a walk this morning with the wife along the prom @ Burnham on Sea and bumped into my football travelling pal & his wife doing the same. He reminded me that the pair of us should have been in Baku today but I'd completely forgotten.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:43 - Jun 13 with 1389 viewsmajorraglan

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:53 - Apr 4 by builthjack

Germany is a great country to visit.

Hadn’t booked tickets for this years finals as we had a big family trip planned and I didn’t have enough time off to do both, hoping to retire next year so a trip to Germany and a holiday could be doable. Don’t fancy Baku and Rome though.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:36 - Jun 13 with 1364 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:33 - Jun 13 by karnataka

Went for a walk this morning with the wife along the prom @ Burnham on Sea and bumped into my football travelling pal & his wife doing the same. He reminded me that the pair of us should have been in Baku today but I'd completely forgotten.

Me too.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 12:34 - Jun 14 with 1244 viewsNotLoyal

The 12 countries thing was a ridiculous idea, I’m almost glad it never came off.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:43 - Jun 14 with 1228 viewsFireboy2

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 12:34 - Jun 14 by NotLoyal

The 12 countries thing was a ridiculous idea, I’m almost glad it never came off.

What you mean 'never came off' the same venues are being used again next year unless UEFA change to Germany as has been discussed.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:12 - Jun 14 with 1161 viewsDrGonzo

I'd love that. Meant to be flying to Pisa on Wednesday but I'd take 3 games in Germany at the drop of a hat.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:13 - Jun 14 with 1156 viewsDrGonzo

Where have you seen this rumour?
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:59 - Jun 15 with 1093 viewsSTID2017

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:13 - Jun 14 by DrGonzo

Where have you seen this rumour?

Don't listen to him mun - don't know what he's talking about mun
(Think he's bought that Builthy ? )

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 18:40 - Jun 15 with 1071 viewsDrGonzo

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:59 - Jun 15 by STID2017

Don't listen to him mun - don't know what he's talking about mun
(Think he's bought that Builthy ? )

Doh.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:04 - Jun 15 with 1036 viewsNotLoyal

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:43 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

What you mean 'never came off' the same venues are being used again next year unless UEFA change to Germany as has been discussed.

So it hasn't come off then...
I live in hope they see sense.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:18 - Jun 15 with 1023 viewskarnataka

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:04 - Jun 15 by NotLoyal

So do I, Azerbaijan was a logistical nightmare. Germany would be a piece of piss, just like France was.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:06 - Jun 15 with 1011 viewsFireboy2

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:04 - Jun 15 by NotLoyal

Same here, i was supposed to be in italy this friday for a 5 day bender, taking the italy game while I was there so there was no chance I could get away with another week away in azerbaijan.

I do hope it changes to germany as I will definitely get all 3 group games in.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 12:29 - Jun 16 with 977 viewsSTID2017

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:06 - Jun 15 by Fireboy2

Same here, i was supposed to be in italy this friday for a 5 day bender, taking the italy game while I was there so there was no chance I could get away with another week away in azerbaijan.

I do hope it changes to germany as I will definitely get all 3 group games in.

Me too matey - much prefer the sound of Germany

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:09 - Jun 16 with 961 viewsJBT95

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:43 - Jun 13 by majorraglan

Germany is a great country to visit.

Hadn’t booked tickets for this years finals as we had a big family trip planned and I didn’t have enough time off to do both, hoping to retire next year so a trip to Germany and a holiday could be doable. Don’t fancy Baku and Rome though.

It's not about fancying a destination. It's about supporting Wales at a major tournament that we went 58 years without qualifying for.

I was really hoping this time last year we'd be in the Amsterdam and Bucharest or Munich and Budapest groups, and definitely avoid Rome and Baku.... but I was still going over to Baku cause I don't really care where its played. If we qualify for 2022 I'm going to Qatar, end of.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2020 17:17]
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:11 - Jun 16 with 958 viewsJBT95

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:18 - Jun 15 by karnataka

So do I, Azerbaijan was a logistical nightmare. Germany would be a piece of piss, just like France was.

Not really.

Fly to Baku. Fly to Rome. Fly home.

If anything it's easier than a normal euro tournament because we have two games back to back in one place.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:12 - Jun 16 with 956 viewsJBT95

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 12:29 - Jun 16 by STID2017

Me too matey - much prefer the sound of Germany

Germany is in 2024. Let's hope we qualify. It will be a great host, a country that really does love football.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 20:00 - Jun 16 with 940 viewsDrGonzo

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:11 - Jun 16 by JBT95

Not really.

Fly to Baku. Fly to Rome. Fly home.

If anything it's easier than a normal euro tournament because we have two games back to back in one place.

Bore off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024