Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation 14:51 - Nov 26 with 156184 views1983

Anything to do with Wales game just leave here

Tickets, Travel, Meets out there, Accommodation

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:09 - Dec 2 with 16545 viewsmajorraglan

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 12:36 - Dec 2 by 1983

There is naff all in Pisa so we picked Florence as I've been before and its small enough for a couple of days and that hostel looks quality with plenty pubs/bars...etc around and its very much a student town so plenty of nightlife and nonsense.

The journey back to Pisa will be a bit of a ball ache but our flights back are late afternoon with some going to Stanstead and some going to Leeds Bradford.

Splashing out on a new Welsh flag aswell "Pizza & Peroni's Euro 2020"

Flights to Bologna look reasonable and it’s a direct 4 hour train to Rome, it’s worth looking in to f you’re on a budget.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:24 - Dec 2 with 16522 viewsmajorraglan

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 09:47 - Dec 2 by builthjack

Just looked. There are flights, if you don't mind having a stop or 2, so it takes about 17 hours to get there and back, for less than £400. From 12th to 18th June.
Loads of very cheap accommodation. Small hotels with brekky for £20 a night. Or apartments to share.
Flights likely to come down as the Rush subsides.

This has turned out all wrong for me, I was hoping to take in a game or 2 but I now have to take my main leave with the family during the last week of June which rules out taking in a game. A trip to Copenhagen would have been doable, but Baku is a monster trip for 1 game and with flights coming in north of £400 it a mare.

Flights to Tblisi and an onward flight to Baku can be another option, and for fans with tickets for Rome it is possible to fly to Italy for £100.

If time is no object then you can get the price down or catch the sleeper train from Tblisi, but you can’t book it on line in advance. Hope all the Welsh fans have a great time.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 00:43 - Dec 3 with 16492 views1983

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:09 - Dec 2 by majorraglan

Flights to Bologna look reasonable and it’s a direct 4 hour train to Rome, it’s worth looking in to f you’re on a budget.

Cheers but we are booked up now,knowing us lot it’s 50/50 whether we actually leave Florence for Rome

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 13:36 - Dec 3 with 16290 viewsDarran

Is there any need to have this thread as a sticky until next summer?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 13:57 - Dec 3 with 16289 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 13:36 - Dec 3 by Darran

Is there any need to have this thread as a sticky until next summer?

Cheer up Darran Prosser
Oh what can it be
Get yourself out there
And support the teeeam

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:03 - Dec 3 with 16289 views34dfgdf54

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 15:57 - Dec 1 by Badlands

While Portugal (in my opinion luckily) won the last tournament the stars of the finals were Iceland and Wales.
Neither would qualify if only the 'best teams' were to go through.
Special player from smaller footballing countries would never play in a major tournament.
Interst in the game would dwindle.
In the 1995 season Wales attracted a crowd of 8,00 when playing Moldova who eventually finished above Cymru. Cymru avoided the 6th place of 6 on goal difference over Albania.
Anyone remember that?
No. Interest was only slaved by two decent games against Germany.
The comping tournament is messy because eUEFA have trie to celebrate 5 years by including as many teams and venues as possible.
Well done.

We won our group?

I'm pretty sure Monny is on about teams who come third in the actual group stages can go through which is pretty stupid if you ask me.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:07 - Dec 3 with 16239 viewsMogzzy9

Long Shot I guess but.....

Is there a REDWALL member not going to travel for any games wiling to let me use their membership to purchase tickets?

Thanks in advance and if not no worries.
Tom - TotalSwans

[img]http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/giannis-zographos/british-football-club/128/Swansea-City-icon.png[/img]

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 20:31 - Dec 3 with 16134 viewsJBT95

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:07 - Dec 3 by Mogzzy9

Long Shot I guess but.....

Is there a REDWALL member not going to travel for any games wiling to let me use their membership to purchase tickets?

Thanks in advance and if not no worries.
Tom - TotalSwans

It has to match the members email etc, you can't give away access codes etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:07 - Dec 3 with 16110 viewsmarchamjack

Someone was on Twitter earlier saying that when applying from tomorrow for tickets that unlike last time where you could apply fir a number of tickets (up to 4 I think) on behalf others, this time if you apply for any more than your own you’ll need to specify names/ passport numbers of those you’re applying for. Is that correct?

If so, how would they check who’s actually holding the tickets on entrance to the stadium without presentation of your passport at the gate, which seems impractical to me?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:15 - Dec 3 with 16095 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:07 - Dec 3 by marchamjack

Someone was on Twitter earlier saying that when applying from tomorrow for tickets that unlike last time where you could apply fir a number of tickets (up to 4 I think) on behalf others, this time if you apply for any more than your own you’ll need to specify names/ passport numbers of those you’re applying for. Is that correct?

If so, how would they check who’s actually holding the tickets on entrance to the stadium without presentation of your passport at the gate, which seems impractical to me?

It's possible that tickets will be issued in Baku, with passports having to be produced at the collection points.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:37 - Dec 3 with 16073 viewsmonmouth

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:03 - Dec 3 by 34dfgdf54

We won our group?

I'm pretty sure Monny is on about teams who come third in the actual group stages can go through which is pretty stupid if you ask me.

Indeed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:23 - Dec 3 with 16041 viewsblaenaugwentjack

We are flying out to Rome from Heathrow on the Friday back on the tuesday, £160 return airitalia . Apartment in Rome £200 each.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:50 - Dec 3 with 16022 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:23 - Dec 3 by blaenaugwentjack

We are flying out to Rome from Heathrow on the Friday back on the tuesday, £160 return airitalia . Apartment in Rome £200 each.

The whole of Wales are going to Rome. I can seriously see 70-100,000 turning up.
It will be a sea of red, just like France.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:24 - Dec 3 with 16012 viewsBarryTownSwam

Had a 'planning meeting' in pub tonight. My group going to Rome and back by train. Travelling non-stop takes 18 hours and involves 2 changes but my group are planning to stop/party overnight in the change cities, leaving on Tues and reaching Rome on Friday.
Return train fare currently £290 (on a par with most flights)

Tues 16th
Cardiff --> London 2hrs 20mins
tube Paddington to Eurostar London 30mins
Eurostar London --> Paris 2 hrs 30mins
Arrive Paris late afternoon - night out in Paris (apartment £34 each)

Weds 17th
Paris --> Milan 10hrs 45mins
Day in Paris, train leaves 9pm, overnight sleeper train,

Thurs 18th
Day/night in Milan (apartment £37 each)

Fri 19th
Milan --> Rome 3hrs 10mins
3 days/nights in Rome (apartment £110 each)

Mon 22nd
Rome --> Milan --> Paris 14hrs 10mins
Train leaves 5pm (overnight sleeper train)

Tues 23rd
3 hrs in Paris
Paris --> Eurostar London 2hrs 30mins
tube to Paddington 30 mins
London --> Cardiff 2hrs 20mins
Arrive back in Cardiff late afternoon

Adventure !!!
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:37 - Dec 3 with 15999 viewsmajorraglan

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:24 - Dec 3 by BarryTownSwam

Had a 'planning meeting' in pub tonight. My group going to Rome and back by train. Travelling non-stop takes 18 hours and involves 2 changes but my group are planning to stop/party overnight in the change cities, leaving on Tues and reaching Rome on Friday.

Tues 16th

Weds 17th

Thurs 18th

Fri 19th

Mon 22nd

Tues 23rd
3 hrs in Paris

Adventure !!!

That’s a fair adventure and a fair bit of traveling, flights to Milan, Venice and Bologna all coming in around £60, much less stress and hassle and more time to relax.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 08:03 - Dec 4 with 15893 viewsKingsclere_Jack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:15 - Dec 3 by builthjack

It's possible that tickets will be issued in Baku, with passports having to be produced at the collection points.

At the Nations League finals in Portugal in the summer, all tickets were issued electronically. You had to install an app on your phone and the tickets got sent to the app. Once at the ground, the ticket became activated by Bluetooth and you got a QR code to scan as you went in. Wembley trialed the same system at the last England game and will be using it at the Euros next year. I assume that all the Euro 2020 venues will be doing the same thing. The system worked remarkably well and I am not aware of any problems getting into the grounds in Portugal or at Wembley.

If you genuinely did not own a phone or lost it or had a flat battery, it was possible to get a paper ticket but this was a lot of additional hassle. Getting into grounds was very quick and easy with the app and made it a lot more difficult for the touts.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 10:20 - Dec 4 with 15836 views1983

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 23:24 - Dec 3 by BarryTownSwam

Tues 16th

Weds 17th

Thurs 18th

Fri 19th

Mon 22nd

Tues 23rd
3 hrs in Paris

Adventure !!!

Fair play that sounds expensive as you haven't put rail prices up?

As it's been said plenty of options if you want a bit of nonsense on the way we are doing Stanstead-Pisa-Florence-Rome and then reverse, I ooked into flights from Paris to Rome aswell and they are cheap as chips I did find one £58 return!

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:12 - Dec 4 with 15806 viewsPapaLazarou

Wednesday 10th June: Fly Heathrow to Istanbul for 2 nights

Friday 12th June: Fly Istanbul to Baku for 6 nights

Saturday 13th June: Wales v Switzerland

Thursday 17th June: Wales v Turkey

Friday 19th June: Fly Baku to Bologna via a quick changeover in Istanbul. 2 hour train from Genoa to Rome for 3 nights.

Sunday 21st June: Wales v Italy

Monday 22nd June: Train from Rome to Bologna. Fly Bologna to Heathrow.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:19 - Dec 4 with 15805 views1983

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:12 - Dec 4 by PapaLazarou

Friday 19th June: Fly Baku to Bologna via a quick changeover in Istanbul. 2 hour train from Genoa to Rome for 3 nights.

Feck my eyes consider yourself arrowed up
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 11:20]

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 15:02 - Dec 4 with 15718 views34dfgdf54

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:12 - Dec 4 by PapaLazarou

Good on you fella.

I can't afford to do all the games this time around due to a little one being expected any time now, plus a recent house move, but am squeezing in the Italy game. Flying out to Milan on the Friday, domestic flight then to Rome, and back on the Monday. Can't wait.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:46 - Dec 4 with 15649 viewsJBT95

I hope we still are in with a shout of progressing come Rome or there will be a lot of spares flying around.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:47 - Dec 4 with 15647 viewsJBT95

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:07 - Dec 3 by marchamjack

Could only apply for 2 per member last time within the FAW allocation, same as this.

It's always 4 in the general ballots.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 17:48]
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 10:11 - Dec 5 with 15378 viewsandrew

If there’s 4 of us and we all apply for 4 are we able to cancel if more than one of us gets them?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 10:12 - Dec 5 with 15378 viewsBadlands

It helps prevent tickets being bought for profit.
If a ticket gets sold on illegally or the ticket holder / seat occupier gets into trouble the passport holder will be a focus of investigation and probably banned from buying tickets for away internationals.
(Happened to a friend who had a ticket bought of I'm but couldn't go and sold on at cost.)
Also, for Azerbaijan home office advice is ..
'Police sometimes carry out checks of identity documents. You should carry your passport at all times. Keep it secure and leave a photocopy of the details page separately in a safe place.'
Italian requires you hold and be able to produce i.d. so maybe that also has something to do with it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:08 - Dec 5 with 15161 viewsmajorraglan

Pretty sure that tickets were checked against ID in the qualifiers out in Hungary and Croatia as they been a big problem with ticket harvesting. I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets from a number of sources for the game in Toulouse, 3 in the Welsh end and 1 in the neutral section, there were no ID checks, that said, if you were a nuisance I reckon the gendarmes would have used that as an excuse to stop you going in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024