Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation 14:51 - Nov 26 with 157426 views1983

Anything to do with Wales game just leave here

Tickets, Travel, Meets out there, Accommodation

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:19 - Dec 25 with 8130 viewsDrGonzo

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:29 - Dec 23 by 1983

Tuesday! fair play the game is not until Sunday

checkout this place for digs in Florence staying here for 2 nights fri/sat Roof top bar and plunge pool

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187895-d1072842-Reviews-Plus_Florenc

Ha, it is a bit extravagant but I'm not doing the knockouts if we get through due to a wedding and family holiday. And I'll probably be broke.

The train service in Italy is supposed to be great for anyone flying in elsewhere.

Will check out that tip, cheers pal.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 13:05 - Dec 27 with 7851 viewsSTID2017

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:14 - Dec 25 by 1983

Cheer up u tw@t you know exactly where I’m staying in Italy come and join me for a Peroni

Like others I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Travelling from Swansea to Rome.
Booking camping in Rome on the Friday before the Italy game.
Can't wait

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 00:47 - Dec 28 with 7726 viewsmajorraglan

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 13:05 - Dec 27 by STID2017

Like others I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Travelling from Swansea to Rome.
Booking camping in Rome on the Friday before the Italy game.
Can't wait

In the camper? That would be a great trip, lots of people I know have booked for the Italy game, let’s hope we get a great result to reward them.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 10:59 - Dec 28 with 7665 viewsFireboy2

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 00:47 - Dec 28 by majorraglan

In the camper? That would be a great trip, lots of people I know have booked for the Italy game, let’s hope we get a great result to reward them.

Cmon major, camper? How very dare you, its a home driven on a motor i will have you know
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:13 - Jan 2 with 6987 viewsSTID2017

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 10:59 - Dec 28 by Fireboy2

Cmon major, camper? How very dare you, its a home driven on a motor i will have you know

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:11 - Jan 3 with 6845 viewsSwans_16

For all those going to Baku only and still haven’t booked flights ...

Cardiff to Baku with a stop in Doha seems to be the best option I have found with Qatar Airways. All others have gone through the roof over Christmas and New Year.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:52 - Jan 3 with 6810 viewsChief

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:11 - Jan 3 by Swans_16

For all those going to Baku only and still haven’t booked flights ...

Cardiff to Baku with a stop in Doha seems to be the best option I have found with Qatar Airways. All others have gone through the roof over Christmas and New Year.

Sorry down arrowed by accident.

What sort of price have you seen that for and on what site? And dates?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:18 - Jan 3 with 6795 viewsMorganator100

Flying from Manchester to Baku via Istanbul ( 3 hour wait). Flying back to Rome via Istanbul.
Flights £560
Login to get fewer ads

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 17:45 - Jan 3 with 6779 viewsSwans_16

No worries.

£700 return (Better than most on the market for the Baku alone trip from Heathrow and Manchester).

Go onto the Qatar Airways website and type in Cardiff to Baku and you’ll get it :) Gives you a good bit of time to explore Doha too !
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:35 - Jan 3 with 6757 viewsbuilthjack

If you don't mind having a stop or two you can get there and back for just over the 400 mark.
Some good tips on the Wales Apostle site

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 20:41 - Jan 3 with 6738 viewsmajorraglan

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:35 - Jan 3 by builthjack

If you don't mind having a stop or two you can get there and back for just over the 400 mark.
Some good tips on the Wales Apostle site

Good call. There’s a couple of very knowledgable posters on the Welsh Apostle site who have travelled extensively following Wales who are more than happy to share their expertise with other fans.

This is the site Builth was referring to.

http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/thread/10161/euro-2020-flights-sleeps?pa
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:01 - Jan 3 with 6732 viewsSwans_16

I second the above.

Unfortunately good guidance a month ago when we should have booked as a group, is no longer the cheapest/most effective option. Flight availability and prices seems to change like some of our fans thoughts on Coops.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:14 - Jan 5 with 6451 viewsLeonWasGod

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 22:19 - Dec 25 by DrGonzo

Ha, it is a bit extravagant but I'm not doing the knockouts if we get through due to a wedding and family holiday. And I'll probably be broke.

The train service in Italy is supposed to be great for anyone flying in elsewhere.

Will check out that tip, cheers pal.

If people have the time (and it doesn’t take much longer), I’d recommend using the trains instead of flying. Once you get on Eurostar at St Pan it’s normally good anywhere from there on to the continent. It’s nothing like the over-priced sh*te in this country. We went from Slovenia to Venice (4 hrs) in the summer at peak time for about €20 - modern train, excellent service, all on time, not crowded. A European tour by train would be an excellent trip.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:59 - Jan 5 with 6439 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:14 - Jan 5 by LeonWasGod

If people have the time (and it doesn’t take much longer), I’d recommend using the trains instead of flying. Once you get on Eurostar at St Pan it’s normally good anywhere from there on to the continent. It’s nothing like the over-priced sh*te in this country. We went from Slovenia to Venice (4 hrs) in the summer at peak time for about €20 - modern train, excellent service, all on time, not crowded. A European tour by train would be an excellent trip.

The trouble is Baku is a bit out of the way

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 10:18 - Jan 7 with 6200 views1983

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/be-on-the-ball-euro-2020

You're welcome

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:46 - Jan 7 with 6185 viewsmarchamjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 10:18 - Jan 7 by 1983

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/be-on-the-ball-euro-2020

You're welcome

Thanks fot that, very helpful background.

I was wondering what the visa situation was goign to be in Baku (not resolved yet by the looks)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 09:31 - Jan 9 with 5905 viewsLord_Bony

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 19:59 - Jan 5 by builthjack

The trouble is Baku is a bit out of the way

Certainly is. Youd have to travel to the east of the Black Sea down through Georgia and then Azerbaijan, 90â„… of which is in asia. Then down to Baku on the Caspian Sea.

Good luck with that one.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 09:39 - Jan 9 with 5894 viewsbuilthjack

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 09:31 - Jan 9 by Lord_Bony

Certainly is. Youd have to travel to the east of the Black Sea down through Georgia and then Azerbaijan, 90â„… of which is in asia. Then down to Baku on the Caspian Sea.

Good luck with that one.

I will get there, but probably a plane or two or three. Perhaps the overnight train for the final leg.Waiting for prices to come down.
£426 at the moment on 3 planes.
At least when you get there it's cheap as chips. 70p a pint and a fiver for a meal.

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:44 - Jan 9 with 5870 viewsJack_y_Jwc

The cheapest option is to fly to Tblisi and get the night train to Baku, it's less than £200 one-way. From Baku fly to Milan and again the train to Rome, then find your own way home.
All in it shouldn't cost more than £500 in travel.

I'm only doing Rome and hopefully the later rounds. Can't justify the cost of Baku

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 12:29 - Jan 9 with 5855 viewsLord_Bony

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 11:44 - Jan 9 by Jack_y_Jwc

The cheapest option is to fly to Tblisi and get the night train to Baku, it's less than £200 one-way. From Baku fly to Milan and again the train to Rome, then find your own way home.
All in it shouldn't cost more than £500 in travel.

I'm only doing Rome and hopefully the later rounds. Can't justify the cost of Baku

Many flights from Milan to Bristol for about a tenner when they start up with Ryanair.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 14:48 - Jan 14 with 5356 viewsFireboy2

Why dont you two bellwhacks take your silly spat somewhere else instead of derailing yet another thread you pair of fvcking girls.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:37 - Jan 14 with 5297 viewsmarchamjack

Lads, serious now, this is a decent thread for those of us going, all of whom will be waving the Welsh flag at the time, no-one on this thread is advocating the UJ (whatever anyone’s views on it) so please take this off line or create another thread.

Thanks in advance 👍

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:53 - Jan 14 with 5293 viewsCooperman

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:37 - Jan 14 by marchamjack

Lads, serious now, this is a decent thread for those of us going, all of whom will be waving the Welsh flag at the time, no-one on this thread is advocating the UJ (whatever anyone’s views on it) so please take this off line or create another thread.

Thanks in advance 👍

Well said my friend.

So back on track... Ryanair have a sale on right now so some of you might want to check out options for getting part way to Baku via Ryanair. For example check out Bari to Baku via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines; I had a quick squint earlier and saw sub £400 fares.

The relevance of the Ryanair sale - I’ve recently been fortunate enough to snag a few €5 fares from Rome to Bari and vice versa (hand luggage only). Make a night stop in Bari out of it as the old town is lovely.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:14 - Jan 14 with 5200 viewsMorganator100

Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 16:53 - Jan 14 by Cooperman

Well said my friend.

So back on track... Ryanair have a sale on right now so some of you might want to check out options for getting part way to Baku via Ryanair. For example check out Bari to Baku via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines; I had a quick squint earlier and saw sub £400 fares.

The relevance of the Ryanair sale - I’ve recently been fortunate enough to snag a few €5 fares from Rome to Bari and vice versa (hand luggage only). Make a night stop in Bari out of it as the old town is lovely.

well worth looking at flights from Manchester to Baku as well.

We are flying via Pegasus airlines from Manchester to Istanbul, then Buta Airways from Istanbul to Baku.

On way back it's Buta Airways from Baku to Istanbul, then Pegasus Airlines from Istanbul to Rome. We then fly Rome to Palermo to get back to Manchester. £560 flights all in.
Wales 2020 Euros Games / Tickets / Travel / Meets / Accommodation on 21:37 - Jan 15 with 5031 viewshaxbyjack

For anyone just doing the Italy game, Pisa is a good option to use, trains from Rome are very good and pretty cheap. Into Pisa on Friday, night out there, in Rome by Midday Saturday on the train, sat and sun there, back from Pisa at 18.00 into stanstead is £180.

Plastic through and through, grounds to date! Lincoln City, Kidderminster Harriers, Macclesfield, Harlepool Utd, Northampton Town, York City, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Bristol Rovers, Bury, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Coventry, Bristol City, Crewe, Tranmere Rovers, Sheff Utd, Port Vale, Oldham, Walsall, Swindon Town, Preston, BRadford City, Rotherham United, Peterborough Utd, Bolton Wanderers, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Birmingham City, Doncaster Rovers ( old & new), Middlesbrough, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds Utd, Reading, Wigan Athletic, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, QPR, Blackpool, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull City, Fulham, Everton, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Arsenal (old & new), Newcastle United, Scum, Norwich City, West Ham Utd, Stoke City (old & new), Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Wembley, Millenium & Malmo....... Manchester United, Darlington ( forgot them) To be continued.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024