Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Dirty' tackles 09:12 - Nov 27 with 1095 viewsTenbySwan

A lot of the tackles last night were what we could consider dirty or over the top, late or whatever and they are. Sadly though it seens that to a lot of teams and referees they are 'normal'and part of the game.

In the first few games jn the Championship last year it was noticeable that Championship referees left a hell of a lot more go than in the Premiership.

Wheras the Premiership calls for technical players the championship is calling for players that also have a strong physical attribute .
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 9:14]
'Dirty' tackles on 09:24 - Nov 27 with 1063 viewsBest_loser

Their manager probably encourages it, he comes from the lower leagues where those type of tackles are standard
'Dirty' tackles on 10:10 - Nov 27 with 1006 viewssP7qupUf

There is no doubt that the Championship is more physical and players get away with more. Notwithstanding this, there has to be a line in the sand and the tackles by Hogg on Roberts, and especially Campell on VdH, warranted reds. Look what Bidwell was sent off for at Bristol City whilst their man, Moore, was booked presumably because it was early in the game.

I know all supporters feel that their team gets the rough calls but I think we certainly did last night. The tackle on VdH was appalling.
'Dirty' tackles on 13:30 - Nov 28 with 710 viewsThrasher6

Whenever we have played Huddersfield over the decades they have been a dirty physical side. It's a Yorkshire thing....still think men have to be men sort of thing. Backward place....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

'Dirty' tackles on 14:06 - Nov 28 with 679 viewsBadlands

What annoys me is when dangerous tackles are allowed but shoulder to shoulder challenges are penalised.
Against Millwall Mike Van Der Hoorn was penalised over and over for fir challenges in the air. After one, even the Millwall player looked utterly bemused.
That said, Byers nd Ayew don't mind putting the foot in.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

'Dirty' tackles on 15:09 - Nov 28 with 635 viewsLeonWasGod

'Dirty' tackles on 14:06 - Nov 28 by Badlands

What annoys me is when dangerous tackles are allowed but shoulder to shoulder challenges are penalised.
Against Millwall Mike Van Der Hoorn was penalised over and over for fir challenges in the air. After one, even the Millwall player looked utterly bemused.
That said, Byers nd Ayew don't mind putting the foot in.

Agreed. i didn't think the free kick that lead to their goal should have been given. Haven't seen a replay back though, but it looked innocent enough in real time.
'Dirty' tackles on 16:34 - Nov 28 with 590 viewsFireboy2

'Dirty' tackles on 15:09 - Nov 28 by LeonWasGod

Agreed. i didn't think the free kick that lead to their goal should have been given. Haven't seen a replay back though, but it looked innocent enough in real time.

Definitely a free kick, the stupid tvvat should have gone for the ball instead of the man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024