Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja Baston 09:34 - Nov 27 with 5148 viewsNWSwans

I see it has been mentioned on the MD thread but this needs its own.

He was totally anonymous, only time he ran was after his own first touch after it had bounced 5 yards away from him. Not sure he touched the ball in the Hudders box, No reason not to start Surridge over him now as i prefer Ayew on the wing.
Borja Baston on 09:50 - Nov 27 with 4139 viewsjojaca

Try playing in front of our midfield.

Even when you know, you never know?

Borja Baston on 11:01 - Nov 27 with 4027 viewsicecoldjack

I cant remember one pass to him last night that wasn't a hit and hope or a 50/50 , and he had to come deep to even get that !

You need to look at his supply nothing else, he worked hard and put in a shift but we are not playing the kind of football that will get the best out out of him IMO.

If he's working back he is t in the box, I actually feel for him a bit, which is odd as it's hard to feel for a bloke earning 40k a week !
Many things wrong with our football at the moment, I'm not sure Borja is the main thing .
Borja Baston on 11:06 - Nov 27 with 4012 viewsNWSwans

I agree with you that hes not a major concern, but look at Ayew, gets stuck in runs and runs and runs, the more Borja plays the more i think he doesn't want to be here.

Unlike when he scored 5 in 5 and cared.
Borja Baston on 11:14 - Nov 27 with 3994 viewsBryanSwan

Borja Baston on 11:01 - Nov 27 by icecoldjack

I cant remember one pass to him last night that wasn't a hit and hope or a 50/50 , and he had to come deep to even get that !

You need to look at his supply nothing else, he worked hard and put in a shift but we are not playing the kind of football that will get the best out out of him IMO.

If he's working back he is t in the box, I actually feel for him a bit, which is odd as it's hard to feel for a bloke earning 40k a week !
Many things wrong with our football at the moment, I'm not sure Borja is the main thing .

Agree with this entirely, after watching Borja the first few games he is committed. Even looked like becoming a reliable goalscorer.
Can only say that we were maybe still transitioning from Potters style and that is why we were more effective with the ball.
Cooper needs to work on sorting a direction quickly.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Borja Baston on 14:58 - Nov 27 with 3703 viewsicecoldjack

Borja Baston on 11:06 - Nov 27 by NWSwans

I agree with you that hes not a major concern, but look at Ayew, gets stuck in runs and runs and runs, the more Borja plays the more i think he doesn't want to be here.

Unlike when he scored 5 in 5 and cared.

They are chalk and cheese as players though, andre's game is more combative and he likes to roam and take the ball deep, I'm not sure that's Borjas game at all .

I think it was Laudrup who said that there is a time for a forward player to run and it isn't backwards ! That extra burst of energy should be reserved for getting on the end of a pass or shot .

Anyway, overall I cant fault the application of either, and without those 2 players we'd be well fooked this season, its coopers job to get the best out of the talent we've got, hes been lucky to have 2 quality players to pull him out the sht, he needs to solve the ever evolving problems that championship football brings.
Borja Baston on 16:31 - Nov 27 with 3620 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Borja Baston on 14:58 - Nov 27 by icecoldjack

They are chalk and cheese as players though, andre's game is more combative and he likes to roam and take the ball deep, I'm not sure that's Borjas game at all .

I think it was Laudrup who said that there is a time for a forward player to run and it isn't backwards ! That extra burst of energy should be reserved for getting on the end of a pass or shot .

Anyway, overall I cant fault the application of either, and without those 2 players we'd be well fooked this season, its coopers job to get the best out of the talent we've got, hes been lucky to have 2 quality players to pull him out the sht, he needs to solve the ever evolving problems that championship football brings.

Remember Martinez saying that he didn’t want Scotland using up his energy outside the penalty area when some supporters were labelling him as lazy? Ayew is clearly the best player at the club by miles at anticipating where the ball will land in the six yard box. A number of his goals have come from rebounds and loose balls. I wish he’d stay in the centre more but I think he gets frustrated at the lack of service so goes looking to provide his own. If only our midfield were good enough to let him do what he does best.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Borja Baston on 17:06 - Nov 27 with 3558 viewsSTID2017

Curt said in his review of the game virtually the same about Borja.
Get the decent balls into the box consistently and he will score.
The supply to him is awful and as such it is very hard for him to get on the goal sheet

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Borja Baston on 17:19 - Nov 27 with 3527 views3swan

Haven't seen it mentioned but why was he wearing a cap? Protecting an injury or was it the cold Yorkshire night air?
Login to get fewer ads

Borja Baston on 19:17 - Nov 27 with 3379 viewsFlashberryjack

Borja Baston on 09:50 - Nov 27 by jojaca

Try playing in front of our midfield.

What midfield ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Borja Baston on 19:22 - Nov 27 with 3370 viewsNeathJack

Borja Baston on 17:19 - Nov 27 by 3swan

Haven't seen it mentioned but why was he wearing a cap? Protecting an injury or was it the cold Yorkshire night air?

Cut his head open on Saturday.
Borja Baston on 20:10 - Nov 27 with 3298 views3swan

Borja Baston on 19:22 - Nov 27 by NeathJack

Cut his head open on Saturday.

Thanks
Borja Baston on 21:01 - Nov 27 with 3235 viewsSTID2017

He got a punch or kick from the Millwall keeper when he attempted to score.
Keeper was lucky not to give away a penalty, plus get booked or sent off.

Borja Baston on 21:05 - Nov 27 with 3221 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Borja Baston on 21:06 - Nov 27 with 3216 viewsOldjack

He knows where the back of the onion bag is ,but very little service for most games and the best in the world will struggle to score

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Borja Baston on 21:09 - Nov 27 with 3202 viewsSTID2017

Borja Baston on 21:06 - Nov 27 by Oldjack

He knows where the back of the onion bag is ,but very little service for most games and the best in the world will struggle to score

Exactly

Borja Baston on 21:28 - Nov 27 with 3165 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 21:06 - Nov 27 by Oldjack

Well that’s what he’s likely to get at the moment. If we were firing crosses at him I’m sure he’d do well. As it is, I think Surridge offers more in the current side. He’s more likely to get involved in the build up or create chances. They are both pretty good finishers.
Borja Baston on 23:32 - Nov 27 with 3016 viewsKilkennyjack

Borja Baston on 21:28 - Nov 27 by jack247

Well that’s what he’s likely to get at the moment. If we were firing crosses at him I’m sure he’d do well. As it is, I think Surridge offers more in the current side. He’s more likely to get involved in the build up or create chances. They are both pretty good finishers.

Agreed. Surridge makes a positive impact.

Borja is a fox in box type ....

Beware of the Risen People

Borja Baston on 11:51 - Nov 28 with 2807 viewsCatullus

Maybe we need to play 2 up front, which might mean dropping Celina? Unless we went 3-5-2. We are looking bit toothless right now though and it does impact on confidence. We need goals, Cooper needs to find a way to get the best from our squad because he won't be getting much help from the owners.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Borja Baston on 12:23 - Nov 28 with 2782 viewsFireboy2

Borja Baston on 11:51 - Nov 28 by Catullus

Maybe we need to play 2 up front, which might mean dropping Celina? Unless we went 3-5-2. We are looking bit toothless right now though and it does impact on confidence. We need goals, Cooper needs to find a way to get the best from our squad because he won't be getting much help from the owners.

I think you are right, we do need 2 up front as we dont create many chances and its down to not having enough players in attacking areaa, if we do play two up front it will mean that the oppo have to keep an extra man in defence rather than push forward which has happened so often especially on tuesday, huddersfield moved the ball from their box to ours very quickly and effectively.

If we do go two up front then we have to go 3-5-2 as we couldnt go 4-4-2 because our midfield is weak as p!ss.

But there lies the question, who plays in a 3-5-2?
Borja Baston on 12:31 - Nov 28 with 2773 viewsvetchonian

Borja Baston on 12:23 - Nov 28 by Fireboy2

I think you are right, we do need 2 up front as we dont create many chances and its down to not having enough players in attacking areaa, if we do play two up front it will mean that the oppo have to keep an extra man in defence rather than push forward which has happened so often especially on tuesday, huddersfield moved the ball from their box to ours very quickly and effectively.

If we do go two up front then we have to go 3-5-2 as we couldnt go 4-4-2 because our midfield is weak as p!ss.

But there lies the question, who plays in a 3-5-2?

Woodman
Naughton WIlmot VDH
Roberts Ayew Fulton Grimes Peterson
Borja Routledge

Subs Nortfeldt Cabango,Dyer Celina Byers Surridge Dhanda

Thgis formation allows Grimes to fall back to a LB role when defending with Roberts also dropping back
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 12:39]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Borja Baston on 12:53 - Nov 28 with 2731 viewsSTID2017

Borja Baston on 12:31 - Nov 28 by vetchonian

Woodman
Naughton WIlmot VDH
Roberts Ayew Fulton Grimes Peterson
Borja Routledge

Subs Nortfeldt Cabango,Dyer Celina Byers Surridge Dhanda

Thgis formation allows Grimes to fall back to a LB role when defending with Roberts also dropping back
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 12:39]

I know Roberts is a fullback butI wouldlove to see him on the wing in front of Naughton, with Peterson on the left. Surridge and Borja upfront.
Ayew and Grimes in the midfield and the back four as is normal.
If VDH doesn't start then Cabango is a sound replacement

Borja Baston on 12:57 - Nov 28 with 2724 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If Borja is not getting the service who's fault is it?
Borja Baston on 13:06 - Nov 28 with 2712 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 12:57 - Nov 28 by A_Fans_Dad

If Borja is not getting the service who's fault is it?

He’s definitely in that predicament. Some strikers deal with it better than others.

Ayew and Surridge may not be as prolific with plenty of service, but both will create more for themselves and have more chances than Borja if the team is struggling.

There’s a tendency on here to completely exonerate strikers if they are having to live off scraps.
Borja Baston on 13:10 - Nov 28 with 2700 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Borja Baston on 13:06 - Nov 28 by jack247

He’s definitely in that predicament. Some strikers deal with it better than others.

Ayew and Surridge may not be as prolific with plenty of service, but both will create more for themselves and have more chances than Borja if the team is struggling.

There’s a tendency on here to completely exonerate strikers if they are having to live off scraps.

The point is that if you play a Striker that needs the service then you should also play players most able to supply it, and in the position to supply it.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 13:51]
Borja Baston on 13:26 - Nov 28 with 2673 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 13:10 - Nov 28 by A_Fans_Dad

The point is that if you play a Striker that needs the service then you should also play players most able to supply it, and in the position to supply it.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 13:51]

I agree. We shouldn’t be starting Baston at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024