Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS 11:04 - Nov 27 with 7282 viewscontroversial_jack

Seems Corbyn has pulled another rabbit out of the hat.Documents that prove Boris is lying at that he and his party want to sell the NHS to US corps.
The NHS on 11:15 - Nov 27 with 5046 viewsLohengrin

He’s not trying to ‘sell the NHS,’ he’s preparing to enter into formal negotiations for the NHS to purchase drugs from US pharmaceutical companies at vastly inflated prices under US patent law, and I dare say it would come as no surprise at all to discover that all those involved, on both sides of the Atlantic, stand to gain personally from the rocketing dividends any such contract would engender.

Bottom line? Johnson is a crook. Those around him are crooks and it will not make the slightest bit of difference in a few weeks time.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The NHS on 11:27 - Nov 27 with 5026 viewsjackrmee

The NHS on 11:15 - Nov 27 by Lohengrin

He’s not trying to ‘sell the NHS,’ he’s preparing to enter into formal negotiations for the NHS to purchase drugs from US pharmaceutical companies at vastly inflated prices under US patent law, and I dare say it would come as no surprise at all to discover that all those involved, on both sides of the Atlantic, stand to gain personally from the rocketing dividends any such contract would engender.

Bottom line? Johnson is a crook. Those around him are crooks and it will not make the slightest bit of difference in a few weeks time.

Privitisation = selling.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The NHS on 11:56 - Nov 27 with 4993 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Has he?

Let me tell you how patents work particularly in drugs. Generally there is a relatively short patent term during which the drug companies try sell their drugs at the highest possible price. Various countries then try to negotiate a better price. One recent example is the reduction in price the government and NHS negotiated for the new cystic fibrosis wonder drug. Another negotiating stance is to lengthen the patent life for a reduction in the cost of the drugs.

I know Jeremy Corbyn has no concept of business transactions or even basic finance, as he aptly demonstrated last night to the whole of the UK in his abysmal performance when questioned by Andrew Neil.

The biggest act of privatisation of the NHS took place under Blair where private companies financed, built, and were given maintenance contract for new hospitals. They were allowed to make a return of 15% on the capital they invested. Note labour could have borrowed at around 4% at the time.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 11:58]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The NHS on 12:05 - Nov 27 with 4973 viewsjackrmee

The NHS on 11:56 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

Has he?

Let me tell you how patents work particularly in drugs. Generally there is a relatively short patent term during which the drug companies try sell their drugs at the highest possible price. Various countries then try to negotiate a better price. One recent example is the reduction in price the government and NHS negotiated for the new cystic fibrosis wonder drug. Another negotiating stance is to lengthen the patent life for a reduction in the cost of the drugs.

I know Jeremy Corbyn has no concept of business transactions or even basic finance, as he aptly demonstrated last night to the whole of the UK in his abysmal performance when questioned by Andrew Neil.

The biggest act of privatisation of the NHS took place under Blair where private companies financed, built, and were given maintenance contract for new hospitals. They were allowed to make a return of 15% on the capital they invested. Note labour could have borrowed at around 4% at the time.

I don't know why people keep comparing this Labour to Blair. Totally different.

Yeah so lengthening a patent enables the drug company to keep the prices to us/NHS at the highest level possible for longer.
Shortening the patent would enable the NHS to buy the exact same drug for a fraction of the price sooner.
Seems simple to me.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The NHS on 12:16 - Nov 27 with 4959 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Apparently, the full unredacted document is available on Guido, it's three years old and has been gone over a few times by journos in the past?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The NHS on 12:23 - Nov 27 with 4935 viewsVincent_Vega

I'd rather vote for a change to Absolute Monarchy at the moment. None of them deserve power.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The NHS on 12:24 - Nov 27 with 4936 viewsLohengrin

The NHS on 12:16 - Nov 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Apparently, the full unredacted document is available on Guido, it's three years old and has been gone over a few times by journos in the past?

That’s the curious thing about Corbyn scampering around this morning making out he’s holding a smoking gun. This isn’t some Damascene discovery, we were talking about this scenario on here six months ago, at least.

The NHS on 12:39 - Nov 27 with 4904 viewsKerouac

Has he?

Of course, and why would he have a f*cking scooby about the real world.
Jeremy Corbyn's CV;

- Grows up in a well to do family, father a millionaire, goes to a private school
- Fails at school
- "Achieves" two 'E' grades at 'A' Level (he should have got a trade, if he could summon a work ethic)
- Goes to University, argues with his lecturers (claiming he knows better), drops out.
- Goes to work for a Trade Union
- Becomes an MP for the Labour Party
- Spends decades on the backbenches arguing we should give Marxism another chance, attacking anything the UK stands for.
- Is elected leader of the Labour Party

The bloke has never made a £1 in his pathetic life.
All he has to sell to the electorate is;
poor me, poor you, we deserve far more don't we, we'll get those mean rich people (who have taken responsibility and worked for a living, which makes a profit, which pays the f*cking tax, to keep us in the lifestyle we have become accustomed to!) to pay for it...we'll create heaven on earth.
C-U-N-T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS on 12:49 - Nov 27 with 4892 viewsJango

*not mean UK will roll over and allow patent extensions that would push up price of drugs for NHS. Minister rings me to say that Tory manifesto explicitly rules out a trade agreement with US that would lead to increase in price of drugs for NHS. I ask minister if that pledge also means Johnson would reject any increase in patent length. Minister insists it does. So we are once again back to the issue of trust.*
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 12:54]
The NHS on 12:51 - Nov 27 with 4889 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The NHS on 12:05 - Nov 27 by jackrmee

I don't know why people keep comparing this Labour to Blair. Totally different.

Yeah so lengthening a patent enables the drug company to keep the prices to us/NHS at the highest level possible for longer.
Shortening the patent would enable the NHS to buy the exact same drug for a fraction of the price sooner.
Seems simple to me.

Very simple you length the patent the cost of the drugs go DOWN. NHS saves money.

The NHS on 12:56 - Nov 27 with 4876 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Don't forget the EU is negotiating a trade deal with the EU and no surprise access to EU health services is on the table.

I think I would rather our government negotiating about our NHS than the EU who would be sell our NHS down the river if it was to the benefit of Germany and France.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 12:56]

The NHS on 13:00 - Nov 27 with 4865 viewsLohengrin

The NHS on 12:23 - Nov 27 by Vincent_Vega

I'd rather vote for a change to Absolute Monarchy at the moment. None of them deserve power.

Thank you, Vincent. One is rather moved by that...

The NHS on 13:14 - Nov 27 with 4848 viewsBest_loser

More Boris lies exposed

The NHS is up for sale

If the Tories have their way, they will end universal health care and bring in the insurance companies and help private health companies

Doubt if any of the tory cabinet use the nhs
The NHS on 13:16 - Nov 27 with 4844 viewsLegend83

An incredibly lame attempt at glass-breaking to try and hide the anti-semitism row and the fact Labour are having to come clean about who is really going to get taxed to fund their fantasy pledges.
The NHS on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 4786 viewsVincent_Vega

The NHS on 13:00 - Nov 27 by Lohengrin

Thank you, Vincent. One is rather moved by that...

Trampie would approve

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The NHS on 14:10 - Nov 27 with 4779 viewsCatullus

The NHS on 13:14 - Nov 27 by Best_loser

More Boris lies exposed

The NHS is up for sale

If the Tories have their way, they will end universal health care and bring in the insurance companies and help private health companies

Actually, if this document is really 3 years old (as stated above) then all this is is an attempt to deflect attention from Corbyn's car crash interview with Neill by presenting something as new which is nowhere near new, we call that lying. See, Johnson and Corbyn aren't that different, they'll both say and do whatever they think will win them the election.

Boris has been on RV saying this NHS for sale story is completely false, he could be lying but I reckon if he wins and any time during his tenure the NHS is being privatised....sold off to US profiteers, it'd bring his government down.

Blair did a backdoor privatisation, quietly and sneakily but it came out in the end. Part of the reason the NHS is struggling now is because of the billions PFI is costing the NHS.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The NHS on 14:21 - Nov 27 with 4764 viewscontroversial_jack

Has he?

The internal market was started by Thatcher
The NHS on 14:59 - Nov 27 with 4724 viewsmonmouth

Lisa, as usual, nailed this On here some time ago.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The NHS on 15:10 - Nov 27 with 4702 viewsLegend83

The NHS on 13:14 - Nov 27 by Best_loser

More Boris lies exposed

The NHS is up for sale

If this were to happen the Tory party would cease to exist as a) many Tory MPs will simply abandon the party given such a toxic policy; and b) most of the population would never vote for them again.

Ergo, it won't happen - they are dim but not so dim as to make themselves permanently unelectable.
The NHS on 15:17 - Nov 27 with 4690 viewsUxbridge

The NHS on 14:10 - Nov 27 by Catullus

Actually, if this document is really 3 years old (as stated above) then all this is is an attempt to deflect attention from Corbyn's car crash interview with Neill by presenting something as new which is nowhere near new, we call that lying. See, Johnson and Corbyn aren't that different, they'll both say and do whatever they think will win them the election.

Boris has been on RV saying this NHS for sale story is completely false, he could be lying but I reckon if he wins and any time during his tenure the NHS is being privatised....sold off to US profiteers, it'd bring his government down.

Blair did a backdoor privatisation, quietly and sneakily but it came out in the end. Part of the reason the NHS is struggling now is because of the billions PFI is costing the NHS.

Well of course it's a dead cat. But I have little doubt it was always planned to be released during the last couple of weeks, and may even have always been scheduled for today as they knew what a car crash the Neil interview would be.

For anyone paying attention there's not a lot new here anyway. We know that the yanks would want all sorts of things on the table in any trade deal. Drug pricing being a big one, as they have a big lobby group over there. That's the reality of where we are, if we want trade deals with countries or blocks then that comes with some decisions to be made, with one of those likely to be the price, or more likely the length of patent, they can sell the drugs to to the biggest individual buyer in the world. I've not read the doc, nor will I, so no idea if there's anything specific about further access to NHS service contracts, I suspect nothing specific, but then current practice may be sufficient in that respect anyway. The big thing is pharma.

The bigger news in this document seems to have slipped under the radar, which is the stuff around emissions and standards, which would both see a major reduction in the quality of both as part of the discussions so far.

Anyhoo, pays your money, takes your choice. The US will want the moon. The UK will not want to give them the moon. Believe who you want. We'll end up somewhere in the middle which, given the quality of our negotiators (or rather the politicos in charge of them) and the strength of our relative positions (especially when this is the supposed big win Johnson was hoisting his flag to when the EU deal comes crashing down) then in all likelihood we're giving them the moon. As a country we've comprehensively snookered ourselves over the last three years.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The NHS on 16:16 - Nov 27 with 4639 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The NHS on 15:17 - Nov 27 by Uxbridge

Well of course it's a dead cat. But I have little doubt it was always planned to be released during the last couple of weeks, and may even have always been scheduled for today as they knew what a car crash the Neil interview would be.

For anyone paying attention there's not a lot new here anyway. We know that the yanks would want all sorts of things on the table in any trade deal. Drug pricing being a big one, as they have a big lobby group over there. That's the reality of where we are, if we want trade deals with countries or blocks then that comes with some decisions to be made, with one of those likely to be the price, or more likely the length of patent, they can sell the drugs to to the biggest individual buyer in the world. I've not read the doc, nor will I, so no idea if there's anything specific about further access to NHS service contracts, I suspect nothing specific, but then current practice may be sufficient in that respect anyway. The big thing is pharma.

The bigger news in this document seems to have slipped under the radar, which is the stuff around emissions and standards, which would both see a major reduction in the quality of both as part of the discussions so far.

Anyhoo, pays your money, takes your choice. The US will want the moon. The UK will not want to give them the moon. Believe who you want. We'll end up somewhere in the middle which, given the quality of our negotiators (or rather the politicos in charge of them) and the strength of our relative positions (especially when this is the supposed big win Johnson was hoisting his flag to when the EU deal comes crashing down) then in all likelihood we're giving them the moon. As a country we've comprehensively snookered ourselves over the last three years.

Quite.

Trump hasn’t continually championed Brexit because he thinks it will be good for the UK. He sees a great opportunity to strike a deal in negotiations where he doesn’t just hold the aces but the entire pack of cards.

Boris will absolutely love being welcomed in the White House and then Trump will wipe the floor with his mop for a head.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The NHS on 17:06 - Nov 27 with 4581 viewsBest_loser

The NHS on 15:10 - Nov 27 by Legend83

If this were to happen the Tory party would cease to exist as a) many Tory MPs will simply abandon the party given such a toxic policy; and b) most of the population would never vote for them again.

Ergo, it won't happen - they are dim but not so dim as to make themselves permanently unelectable.

Think your talking about the old tory party, all the moderates have left, the membership has been taken over by ex ukip supporters, that's how Boris got the leadership vote,

Even heseltine says the old party is dead

Get ready for the mega nasty party
The NHS on 18:14 - Nov 27 with 4528 viewscontroversial_jack

The NHS on 12:39 - Nov 27 by Kerouac

Of course, and why would he have a f*cking scooby about the real world.
Jeremy Corbyn's CV;

- Grows up in a well to do family, father a millionaire, goes to a private school
- Fails at school
- "Achieves" two 'E' grades at 'A' Level (he should have got a trade, if he could summon a work ethic)
- Goes to University, argues with his lecturers (claiming he knows better), drops out.
- Goes to work for a Trade Union
- Becomes an MP for the Labour Party
- Spends decades on the backbenches arguing we should give Marxism another chance, attacking anything the UK stands for.
- Is elected leader of the Labour Party

The bloke has never made a £1 in his pathetic life.
All he has to sell to the electorate is;
poor me, poor you, we deserve far more don't we, we'll get those mean rich people (who have taken responsibility and worked for a living, which makes a profit, which pays the f*cking tax, to keep us in the lifestyle we have become accustomed to!) to pay for it...we'll create heaven on earth.
C-U-N-T.

His father wasn't a millionaire, he was an engineer I believe and his mother a teacher.He went to a grammar school and his parents were not affluent. Not that it makes any difference if you have your own political beliefs
The NHS on 18:46 - Nov 27 with 4470 viewsbuilthjack

Johnson is the biggest liar parliament has ever seen. Even Bluey would agree with that if he is honest.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The NHS on 18:57 - Nov 27 with 4451 viewsbluey_the_blue

The NHS on 18:14 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

His father wasn't a millionaire, he was an engineer I believe and his mother a teacher.He went to a grammar school and his parents were not affluent. Not that it makes any difference if you have your own political beliefs

Yes, plenty of non-affluent parents own 7 bedroom houses... the denial is incredible. Grammar school? Sure, he however went to an independent prep school beforehand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024