Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Book on South Wales Grassroots football 15:17 - Nov 27 with 2367 viewsProfessor

This is a shameless plug for my good friend Pete, who has written an entertaining account of his time as player manager in the Rhondda League, including storming runs in the South Wales Intermediate Cup, altercations with officials and getting enough players on the pitch. All the more remarkable is that he was diagnosed in his teens as having a severe autoimmune condition and told he would never play. Pete his a top guy despite his affiliation to the dark side of Cardiff City. Given his older brother is a staunch Swansea man, this made for some interesting times growing up.

I enjoyed it tremendously and would help relieve tedium on a train or plane trip or just brighten a miserable afternoon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Life-Seasons-Rhondda-Sunday/dp/1784618101/ref=sr_1

https://www.ylolfa.com/products/9781784618100/park-life

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 17:59 - Nov 27 with 2304 viewstaffpunk

Looks good, I'll order it for myself for Xmas, get the other half to pay. Would I know either of them, or are they a fair bit younger than myself?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 22:41 - Nov 27 with 2213 viewsProfessor

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 17:59 - Nov 27 by taffpunk

Looks good, I'll order it for myself for Xmas, get the other half to pay. Would I know either of them, or are they a fair bit younger than myself?

Pete would be 46- same age as my wife. His brother John is 51 like me. Pete played in a couple of local bands in the late 80s and early 90s so you are more likely to know him. John would be a contemporary of Neil Davies, Steve Gardiner and Chris Richards in Ton Pentre. I went to Cwmparc school so know them through Treorchy Comp.

It’s a good read
Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 2088 viewstaffpunk

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 22:41 - Nov 27 by Professor

Pete would be 46- same age as my wife. His brother John is 51 like me. Pete played in a couple of local bands in the late 80s and early 90s so you are more likely to know him. John would be a contemporary of Neil Davies, Steve Gardiner and Chris Richards in Ton Pentre. I went to Cwmparc school so know them through Treorchy Comp.

It’s a good read

Thanks for that, I'll order it. I'm from Ystrad originally then moved to Pentre , always thought people from Ton Pentre itself were posh-lol.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 18:58]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 22:45 - Nov 28 with 2027 viewsProfessor

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 17:23 - Nov 28 by taffpunk

Thanks for that, I'll order it. I'm from Ystrad originally then moved to Pentre , always thought people from Ton Pentre itself were posh-lol.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 18:58]

They were all posh if you grew up in Cwmparc
Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 20:43 - Nov 29 with 1915 viewstaffpunk

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 22:45 - Nov 28 by Professor

They were all posh if you grew up in Cwmparc

True, got a lot of time for the place though. I spent a considerable part of my younger life in my Grandparents house, 218 Parc Road. CLA-Cwmparc Liberation Army.

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 12:07 - Dec 16 with 1778 viewstaffpunk

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 22:41 - Nov 27 by Professor

It’s a good read

I do know the author, see him regularly at Ton And Gelli Amateur games. Just read it, very enjoyable, thanks for the recommendation.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 12:09]

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 12:26 - Dec 16 with 1751 viewsProfessor

Book on South Wales Grassroots football on 12:07 - Dec 16 by taffpunk

I do know the author, see him regularly at Ton And Gelli Amateur games. Just read it, very enjoyable, thanks for the recommendation.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 12:09]

Great to hear. I am sure Pete will be pleased to hear it too. Have a good Christmas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024