Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2020/21 outlook 15:54 - Nov 27 with 1789 viewsTimTtam

Are we really going to be in a financial mess with lack of funds in the future?

For next season, we will get a parachute payment of 15M, a fee of maybe 3M for Ayew (he will be gone if we don't go up this season), and maybe 500k when Nordfeldt leaves this January. I'm guessing Borja and Mike will leave for nothing. I'm also assuming Rodon isn't poached by a PL club. That's a gain of 18.5M.

If Ayew, Borja, & Mike leave, that's a ton of wages which wont have to be paid. There's no guarantee Carrol or Naughton will come back either.

We won't have to bring in a stack of players hopefully. Benda will be back from his successful loan to Swindon, Cullen will be back from his loan which will hopefully soon be set up, Garrick will be injury-free hopefully, Cabango will be ready for first team football (as it happens, he is right now), and the u23s will have developed even further.

Our debt should be cleared right now. Barely any of the parachute money should need to go towards filling it next season. If we end up having financial issues, we'll know for sure where the money is going...

Hopefully in 2020/21 we have a financially stable club, have been able to spend a little bit of money in the offseason (I know, I know), and have a team similar to this:

...................Mulder/Benda
Roberts . Rodon . Cabango . Bidwell/John
...........[New Midfielder] . Grimes
............Kalulu* . Celina . Peterson
...............[New Striker]/Cullen
* we have an option to buy him

Am I being too optimistic or naive?

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

2020/21 outlook on 16:45 - Nov 27 with 1754 viewsChief

In answer to the first sentence - no we won't be, but we'll be told that we are.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

2020/21 outlook on 18:09 - Nov 27 with 1695 viewsbuilthjack

2020/21 outlook on 16:45 - Nov 27 by Chief

In answer to the first sentence - no we won't be, but we'll be told that we are.

They will find yet another black hole. We have found more black holes than NASA scientists.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

2020/21 outlook on 18:29 - Nov 27 with 1664 viewsGaryjack

£3m for Ayew when he's on £70k a week? No no no, he'll take his last years wages, leave for nothing and get a nice little signing on fee when he does.
2020/21 outlook on 18:44 - Nov 27 with 1627 viewsmonmouth

2020/21 outlook on 16:45 - Nov 27 by Chief

I suspect this will be near the mark.

At the moment I’m more concerned with the playing side. Build a proper identity again that the players left can step into. For me, that should be the over riding objective for this season, as promotion would be a tsunami sized shock from where we are now, and probably wouldn’t do us any good unless built on a solid ‘swansea’ based playing style. We need to make sure those that are left, when the overpaid has been and never have beens leave have gone, can step into the breach.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

2020/21 outlook on 18:47 - Nov 27 with 1623 viewsDr_Winston

2020/21 outlook on 18:44 - Nov 27 by monmouth

I suspect this will be near the mark.

At the moment I’m more concerned with the playing side. Build a proper identity again that the players left can step into. For me, that should be the over riding objective for this season, as promotion would be a tsunami sized shock from where we are now, and probably wouldn’t do us any good unless built on a solid ‘swansea’ based playing style. We need to make sure those that are left, when the overpaid has been and never have beens leave have gone, can step into the breach.

Figures will be available for anyones perusal eventually. We'll see if the stories about made up black holes are true.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2020/21 outlook on 18:48 - Nov 27 with 1621 viewsSwanjaxs

2020/21 outlook...

Grim.

No investment.

Players departing.

U23 pool drying up.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

2020/21 outlook on 18:55 - Nov 27 with 1608 viewsLeonWasGod

Depends on timescale for your first question. For 20/21 it will be tighter than this year. We'll have to see what the accounts for last season say; that's going to be key for getting an understanding of the 'black hole' (I'm still convincd it was largely hypothetical - costs as known when we were relagaed versus lower Championship income - much will have been wiped out by shedding loads of our top earning players.

But beyond that it's going to get very tough. I'd love to see an example of a club that has survived in this league by spending no mpore than the income generated (not including any dodgy over-selling of the ground or similar attempts to veil owner investment). I'm not aware that there is one. Doesn't man we can't be the first, but we'd need the team to be better than the sum of tit's parts (which is oppsite to the way things are starting to go).
2020/21 outlook on 20:31 - Nov 27 with 1538 viewsmonmouth

2020/21 outlook on 18:47 - Nov 27 by Dr_Winston

Figures will be available for anyones perusal eventually. We'll see if the stories about made up black holes are true.

The figures are always well out of date when they are produced, but if there are still ‘black holes’ it would be a monumental case of mismanagement given our asset sales and cost reduction. I still anticipate expectations to be managed on a pessimistic basis and I’m not overly uncomfortable with that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

2020/21 outlook on 02:19 - Nov 28 with 1439 viewsDJack

Cloudy with a chance of hoofball.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

2020/21 outlook on 03:35 - Nov 28 with 1422 viewsNotLoyal

2020/21 outlook on 18:47 - Nov 27 by Dr_Winston

I'm still waiting for the trust to act.
Do we still have a trust?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024