Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge 14:39 - Nov 29 with 16332 viewstheloneranger

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/police-dealing-with-incident
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 14:40]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 00:06 - Nov 30 with 1515 viewstheloneranger

It's believed the b@stard was a recently released terrorist who was also wearing a tag!!!!

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 00:46 - Nov 30 with 1477 viewsBest_loser

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 00:06 - Nov 30 by theloneranger

It's believed the b@stard was a recently released terrorist who was also wearing a tag!!!!

Jailed iin 2012 for 8 years for organising jihadist terrorist cell

I think
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 00:50 - Nov 30 with 1468 viewsmajorraglan

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 00:06 - Nov 30 by theloneranger

Just read the same in a couple of National papers, they reckon he’d been released early from a prison sentence and had been to a rehabilitation of offenders event. Seems one of the people who was involved in overcoming or helping out was himself a convicted murderer out on day release. You couldn’t make this up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7740259/Murderer-day-release-heroes-rus

Boris and the Conservatives May have an uncomfortable few days, questions will be asked and the finger pointed.

RIP the 2 victims.
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 08:43 - Nov 30 with 1366 viewsSgorioFruit

The scumbag that was shot dead was already known to police for his terror links, and yet he’s allowed to walk the street to plunge a knife in innocent people.
The mind boggles. Unreal. Tories out.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:13 - Nov 30 with 1341 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:20 - Nov 30 with 1333 viewsCatullus

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 08:43 - Nov 30 by SgorioFruit

The scumbag that was shot dead was already known to police for his terror links, and yet he’s allowed to walk the street to plunge a knife in innocent people.
The mind boggles. Unreal. Tories out.

I'm watching the news now, seen the whole incident, heard the story. Yes he was out on licence, released automatically. Bojo has said that things must change, that he has long argued against automatically releasing dangerous criminals.

In this case I have to give Bojo the benefit of the doubt because I have heard him say this before, and heard him criticised for suggesting we lock people up for longer. Other people say locking criminals up for longer isn't the answer.

In this case I can't use it to say Tories out because I'm not convinced Labour will be any tougher on serious criminals.
Most of us (I think) don't want violent criminals, pedo's, rapists or terrorists released early and would prefer they were given far longer sentences. Most of us (I think) aren't concerned with rehabilitating the worst criminals but are concerned with the safety of the rest of us. If these people are locked up they can't commit these crimes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:23 - Nov 30 with 1329 viewsDarran

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/london-bridge-terrorist-cardiff-pa

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:27 - Nov 30 with 1325 viewstheloneranger

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:20 - Nov 30 by Catullus

I'm watching the news now, seen the whole incident, heard the story. Yes he was out on licence, released automatically. Bojo has said that things must change, that he has long argued against automatically releasing dangerous criminals.

In this case I have to give Bojo the benefit of the doubt because I have heard him say this before, and heard him criticised for suggesting we lock people up for longer. Other people say locking criminals up for longer isn't the answer.

In this case I can't use it to say Tories out because I'm not convinced Labour will be any tougher on serious criminals.
Most of us (I think) don't want violent criminals, pedo's, rapists or terrorists released early and would prefer they were given far longer sentences. Most of us (I think) aren't concerned with rehabilitating the worst criminals but are concerned with the safety of the rest of us. If these people are locked up they can't commit these crimes.

"Police facing surge in extremists released from jail, analysis finds"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/03/surge-in-terrorists-eligible-for

Login to get fewer ads

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:33 - Nov 30 with 1315 viewsDr_Winston

I think we have to accept that it's highly unlikely that anyone radicalised by religion will ever be truly "rehabilitated" so what do we do? Automatic life sentences? Chuck them on an island somewhere in the outer Hebrides? Release them and spend forever watching them and hoping that stuff like this won't happen?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:42 - Nov 30 with 1298 viewsCatullus

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:27 - Nov 30 by theloneranger

"Police facing surge in extremists released from jail, analysis finds"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/03/surge-in-terrorists-eligible-for

Speaking for myself I just don't understand how we can give early release to religious fanatic terrorists. We hear that radicalisation happens in prison. Any terrorist fanatic should be facing indeterminate sentences and not getting automatic release.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:50 - Nov 30 with 1290 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 21:34 - Nov 29 by Catullus

I would say that round was also the most sensible thing to go through his head.

Now this vest was fake which seems strange, is this some kind of response test in the run up to a more serious attack? An election coming, Christmas nearly here, London will be teeming. Lets hope not.

Would you try to go near a man to disarm him if you thought the minute you got to him he’d blow you both to kingdom come? It’s a very clever tactic to enable him to carry on stabbing people without most people wanting to be anywhere near. Thank God for the few who do.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:57 - Nov 30 with 1286 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:33 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

I think we have to accept that it's highly unlikely that anyone radicalised by religion will ever be truly "rehabilitated" so what do we do? Automatic life sentences? Chuck them on an island somewhere in the outer Hebrides? Release them and spend forever watching them and hoping that stuff like this won't happen?

How about St Kilda?

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:11 - Nov 30 with 1274 viewsraynor94

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:42 - Nov 30 by Catullus

Speaking for myself I just don't understand how we can give early release to religious fanatic terrorists. We hear that radicalisation happens in prison. Any terrorist fanatic should be facing indeterminate sentences and not getting automatic release.

Capital punishment, for convicted terrorists, why on earth should we pay to keep this scum in prison for the rest of their lives, or as in this case 8 years out of a 16 year sentence.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:14 - Nov 30 with 1268 viewsbazzool

Just hang the b@stards
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:18 - Nov 30 with 1257 viewsdickythorpe

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:23 - Nov 30 by Darran

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/london-bridge-terrorist-cardiff-pa

Brown bread now Dar. Evil looking coont
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:20 - Nov 30 with 1249 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:11 - Nov 30 by raynor94

Capital punishment, for convicted terrorists, why on earth should we pay to keep this scum in prison for the rest of their lives, or as in this case 8 years out of a 16 year sentence.

Unfortunately, whilst dealing with the likes of suicide bombers the death penalty is no deterrent.
I take your point about the expense but if we start running prisons like we do our hospitals then they would have wished for capital punishment.

Indeterminate sentencing seems the answer, but on a very isolated island with no chance of escape.

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:27 - Nov 30 with 1239 viewstheloneranger

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:42 - Nov 30 by Catullus

He was given an indeterminate sentence in 2012, but appealed to the Court of Appeal where it was changed to 16 years.

Lord Levenson said at the time ... 'There is an argument for concluding that anyone convicted of such an offence should be incentivised to demonstrate that he can safely be released; such a decision is then better left to the Parole Board for consideration proximate in time to the date when release becomes possible.'

Today ... 'The Parole Board can confirm it had no involvement with the release of the individual identified as the attacker, who appears to have been released automatically on licence (as required by law), without ever being referred to the Board.'

What a total fvck up, which cost 2 innocent people their lives.

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:34 - Nov 30 with 1230 viewsdickythorpe

Where did that brave member of the public find a whale tusk???
A genuine WTF moment amid an already clean off situation!!!
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:35 - Nov 30 with 1229 viewsHighjack

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:34 - Nov 30 by dickythorpe

Where did that brave member of the public find a whale tusk???
A genuine WTF moment amid an already clean off situation!!!

I’d hazard a guess at Fishmonger hall.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:43 - Nov 30 with 1222 viewsdickythorpe

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:35 - Nov 30 by Highjack

I’d hazard a guess at Fishmonger hall.

Well , incredible bravery going after some lunatic terrorist. I hope they are honoured and thanked.
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:47 - Nov 30 with 1213 viewsLuther27

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 10:27 - Nov 30 by theloneranger

He was given an indeterminate sentence in 2012, but appealed to the Court of Appeal where it was changed to 16 years.

Lord Levenson said at the time ... 'There is an argument for concluding that anyone convicted of such an offence should be incentivised to demonstrate that he can safely be released; such a decision is then better left to the Parole Board for consideration proximate in time to the date when release becomes possible.'

Today ... 'The Parole Board can confirm it had no involvement with the release of the individual identified as the attacker, who appears to have been released automatically on licence (as required by law), without ever being referred to the Board.'

What a total fvck up, which cost 2 innocent people their lives.

A case for the Lawmakers having to take responsibility for the death of two innocent people.
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 11:34 - Nov 30 with 1187 viewsDarran

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/parole-board-statement-on-london-bridge-attac

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 11:37 - Nov 30 with 1182 viewsdickythorpe

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 11:34 - Nov 30 by Darran

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/parole-board-statement-on-london-bridge-attac

"Fúck all to do with us" would have been more decent
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 11:48 - Nov 30 with 1171 viewsmajorraglan

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 09:20 - Nov 30 by Catullus

I believe this guy was initially subject of an indeterminate sentence which was something that David Blunkett introduced in 2003 to keep the most dangerous people in prison until it was deemed they were suitable for release. They are very controversial as there are people who have been inside a long time with no hope of parole, there was a big article in a newspaper possibly the Western Mail about a guy from Cardiff who is still languishing inside after committing a robbery years ago.

Sentencing is a matter for the Courts, but ultimately it’s a government issue because the Home Office publish the sentencing guidelines that the magistrates and judges have to follow. The current government have mooted scraping some custodial sentences in favour of community based sentences and there could be mileage in that, but whatever they do has to be thoroughly considered and run properly. The prison population is around 90,000 and it’s not far off capacity, unless the government want to spend money on building more prisons to jail more people (which has not been the case for some time) you have to release people early. The Police seem to be locking up more sex offenders and terrorists but they can only lock up so many at a time.

When it comes to law enforcement, the Cameron/ May legacy is pretty dire, the privatisation of the Probation Service, is one example, the changes to to Bail another.
Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge on 11:56 - Nov 30 with 1149 viewsswan65split

The suspicious in me thinks there may be more to come out after reading this report (if it can be trusted!)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024