Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper Out 21:42 - Nov 29 with 50281 viewsDippy

Cooper Out

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Cooper Out

Cooper Out on 13:01 - Feb 15 with 3159 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 12:54 - Feb 15 by union_jack

I just think Rangel has a bit more about him. It’s no more than a hunch but there are some intangibles there that I believe will make him a good manager.

Yep. If not next at the Swans, certainly one day in the future for him. Ticks many boxes to be a good manager one day imo.
Cooper Out on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 3142 viewsAngelRangelQS

I think Rangel will make a good manager too personally.

He seems to have a lot about him as well as a bit of a nasty/ruthless streak.
Cooper Out on 15:00 - Feb 15 with 3058 viewsmonmouth

Cooper Out on 13:21 - Feb 15 by AngelRangelQS

I think Rangel will make a good manager too personally.

He seems to have a lot about him as well as a bit of a nasty/ruthless streak.

Well he would say that wouldn't he?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper Out on 15:21 - Feb 15 with 2999 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper Out on 10:50 - Feb 15 by union_jack

How practical it is I don’t know, but I really think Rangel would be a good choice. He’s been here, done it and got the t-shirt, he’d command respect and I think (but don’t know) he’s got the tactical nous to play ‘our way’.

I’d love him to have a go but he may be reluctant as I’ve said before.

What makes you think that Rangel has any Managerial Qualities whatsoever?
Just because he plays decent footbal it is not a given he would be any good at anything else.
Cooper Out on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 2997 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 15:00 - Feb 15 by monmouth

Well he would say that wouldn't he?

As long as Cooperman doesn't plead the case for the defence we'll be fine!
Cooper Out on 15:24 - Feb 15 with 2990 viewsgordondg

No different to Martinez when he got the job,worth a shout.
Cooper Out on 15:30 - Feb 15 with 2968 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper Out on 15:24 - Feb 15 by gordondg

No different to Martinez when he got the job,worth a shout.

Martinez inherited a decent side containing some bloody good players at a club on the up not riven with disputes and the need for financial salvaging. We were also a division lower. Different situation.

The last three managers we've appointed with little or no experience of being the top man in any setup (Monk, Clement and Cooper) have all failed. We can't afford to let another novice loose on the side.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper Out on 15:30 - Feb 15 with 2967 viewsblackpooljack

Cooper Out on 10:16 - Feb 15 by Smellyplumz

I can't belive 41%want to keep him.. Mind boggling.

Have a look at the poll again my friend it's not 41% that want to keep him thats the % that want him out 56.9% want to keep him.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 15:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper Out on 16:18 - Feb 15 with 2916 viewsjruss1

Roberto also had the respect of all the players already and was a leader when he played here. Obviously still a huge leap, but these things helped.

I think the next manager must have proven he can deliver a decent level of football at some professional level and not the sheltered world of international youth set ups.

Looking into Burchnall, his background (outside of the long playing career) is very similar to Potter. So does look a good shout.
Cooper Out on 16:26 - Feb 15 with 2900 viewsSmellyplumz

Cooper Out on 15:30 - Feb 15 by blackpooljack

Have a look at the poll again my friend it's not 41% that want to keep him thats the % that want him out 56.9% want to keep him.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 15:31]

Yeah your right... Fůck my eyes, people are really happy with any old turd I guess.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cooper Out on 21:29 - Feb 15 with 2800 viewsTNT

Cooper Out on 08:48 - Feb 15 by Jinxy

Hi, how are you doing?

Sorry, to answer your question - not really. It's like sitting down to a bad meal and being asked to choose a new one without seeing the menu! I'm sure there are many up and coming coaches, with some experience of club football, who could not do worse. As I've said before, Rangel (and maybe a Leon combo) may be better, but very high risk. Birch will already be scanning the market no doubt.

Hi, how are you and the lad, mate (and rest of family - pet included of course).

I'm as frustrated as the next man when it comes to our football team / club, but people post on here 'Manager Out' with no idea what they next wish for. To be fair some are now starting to suggest a way forward.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Cooper Out on 21:51 - Feb 15 with 2769 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 21:29 - Feb 15 by TNT

Hi, how are you and the lad, mate (and rest of family - pet included of course).

I'm as frustrated as the next man when it comes to our football team / club, but people post on here 'Manager Out' with no idea what they next wish for. To be fair some are now starting to suggest a way forward.

Yep all good, thanks even poor dog! Hope you are too.

Yes, we can all speculate and offer opinions but we don't have all the options and facts to hand eh. The saddest thing for me is the final realisation that Cooper simply doesn't have the tools or skills, and I actually feel sorry for him - this was his big chance and he wasn't able to take it.

The bit someone needs to explain to me is how it was OK, well more than OK, at the start of the season. Personally, I think the pressure has clouded his judgement. Rabbit in the headlights?

I think it's about when not if now. Take care!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 21:52]
Cooper Out on 11:53 - Feb 17 with 2594 viewsjackrmee

Cooper Out on 08:42 - Feb 12 by Jinxy

I deliberately chose this thread to contribute, because I am fast approaching supporting its title. If one, or even a handful of players underperform then it is likely down to the individuals. When it's pretty much the whole team, it's the coach. It's not even down to higher than the coach - I'm talking about performance v potential. Last night was grim - I didn't boo or shout - I tried to encourage, clap etc. but it was tough. Birch will no doubt now have serious reservations. I spoke with Curt in the summer and he volunteered feedback re Cooper - his appointment was all about managing young players. Great in theory but as has been said elsewhere there is a chasm between managing players on a daily basis vs preparing them for tournaments on a temporary basis. No blame to those who appointed him - great intent, as was Clement really. Cooper is way out of his depth - doesn't have a plan A - let alone B or C. In some ways I feels sorry for him as his club management career at this level, in my view, will end here. I stood and clapped Rangel last night, and would love the club to invest in him longer term, given our limited budget. Knows the style, commands respect, worked with the best (RM, BR, ML), has fire, passion and comes over as an honest person. I don't think Cooper is honest with himself, leave alone us through press conferences and so on. He didn't absorb pressure/blame or protect the players in his post Derby press conference - he laid the blame with them. Awful. We are on a downward trajectory and unless he suddenly produces hidden leadership qualities, it's Cooper out (in the summer) for me, sadly.

I agree somewhat, but do think the blame lies with the people who appointed him...

FWIW, I think Coops is a good guy and probably great with young players.

Thing is, as manager of academy sides, or even England World cup winning team, there is no real tactics needed.
I mean, in the WC, you don't know who your next opponent is going to be, so you can only do minimal research on the way they play or what their players are going to do.
Same with academy football. You can't really scout your opposition, as they are usually all unknowns.
Hence, Cooper's job was all about what his players can do and what he wants them to do. He even says this in almost every pre match presser for us. "We will concentrate on ourselves".

It's a viable tactic, but not one that works fully with a squad of mediocre players.

Every manager needs to adapt to the oppostition. I don't think Cooper is good at this. He truly believes in his players and that they can overcome the opposition by playing their own game.
Unfortunately, other teams know exactly how we are going to play and quickly adapt.
This isn't a problem in cup or youth football.

Cooper is going to have to learn this pretty quickly, or maybe get an assistant in who is more tactically aware.

Trev, Leon et al. must have seen Cooper's skills. It's pretty obvious he hadn't wowwed them with his tactical knowledge, so surely they are to blame and not Coops.
Cooper is honest. He says all the time "concentrate on ourselves".

It doesn't look like we will sack him, as we're skint. Anyway, who would we get in? The crap that we were linked with last time was pointless.
Maybe there's a youngster who Cooper could bring in for extra tactical nous?

We were so lucky with Potter last year, yet people weren't happy with him either.

Any ideas who you guys would like to bring in if Cooper left?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper Out on 12:01 - Feb 17 with 2586 viewsjackrmee

Cooper Out on 10:50 - Feb 15 by union_jack

How practical it is I don’t know, but I really think Rangel would be a good choice. He’s been here, done it and got the t-shirt, he’d command respect and I think (but don’t know) he’s got the tactical nous to play ‘our way’.

I’d love him to have a go but he may be reluctant as I’ve said before.

I love Rangel too. But what you're saying is to get rid of our inexperienced manager, in order to replace them with an even more inexperienced manager.

It's unclear what people want.
Is it more experience, or is it an untried manager?

If it's the latter, surely they can't complain if it goes wrong?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper Out on 12:16 - Feb 17 with 2571 viewsGeoffThom

Cooper Out on 12:01 - Feb 17 by jackrmee

I love Rangel too. But what you're saying is to get rid of our inexperienced manager, in order to replace them with an even more inexperienced manager.

It's unclear what people want.
Is it more experience, or is it an untried manager?

If it's the latter, surely they can't complain if it goes wrong?

It's the old story stick your medals on the table
Cooper has none
So rangel on playing experience alone wins that argument
Cooper Out on 12:32 - Feb 17 with 2549 viewsjackrmee

Cooper Out on 15:30 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

Martinez inherited a decent side containing some bloody good players at a club on the up not riven with disputes and the need for financial salvaging. We were also a division lower. Different situation.

The last three managers we've appointed with little or no experience of being the top man in any setup (Monk, Clement and Cooper) have all failed. We can't afford to let another novice loose on the side.

That's very true I suppose.
But who on earth is there that would come to us on shit money? It will have to be someone with minimal experience.
Someone Potter-esque please.

Cooper Out on 13:02 - Feb 17 with 2512 viewsNWSwans

Cooper Out on 12:32 - Feb 17 by jackrmee

That's very true I suppose.
But who on earth is there that would come to us on shit money? It will have to be someone with minimal experience.
Someone Potter-esque please.

Preston don't pay great wages and they got Alex Neil, he got Norwich out of this league and had only managed in Scotland previously. Surely we have the pull of someone of that calibre.
A grounded championship manager. Gary Rowett is doing a good job at Millwall, despite his time at Stoke. Chris Houghton is not of a great style of football but gets results,
Cooper Out on 12:35 - Feb 18 with 2312 viewsKGriz16

Cooper Out on 15:30 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

Players that Martinez played with for a season or two, and knew the strengths and weaknesses of. There's no comparison really is there?

I originally voted no to Cooper out, however my reservations have grown. I just want him to be more fluid and less stubborn his tactical approach to matches. He never changes any of the roles, simply the players! It's frustrating. The best managers adapt, he doesnt!
Cooper Out on 14:46 - Jun 27 with 1917 viewsDippy

Bump, "snigger" meh

Poll: Cooper Out

Cooper Out on 15:02 - Jun 27 with 1849 viewsTenbySwan

Changed my vote to yes.

Cardiff won away at Preston and Cooper couldnt find a way to beat Luton at home.

Lost twice at home this season to Nathan Jones, both times against a team bottom of the league.

No motivational or tactical skill shown. Out thought on both occasions. .
Cooper Out on 15:07 - Jun 27 with 1813 viewsWarwickHunt

Cooper Out on 15:02 - Jun 27 by TenbySwan

Changed my vote to yes.

Cardiff won away at Preston and Cooper couldnt find a way to beat Luton at home.

Lost twice at home this season to Nathan Jones, both times against a team bottom of the league.

He’s not exactly a quick learner...
Cooper Out on 15:56 - Jun 27 with 1709 views34dfgdf54

Petrifies me that he will be in charge of a side next year without our out of contract lot and Rodon/Celina.

Probably a nice fella, but just hasn't got the personality or knowhow to manage at this level. We are completely skint so won't be sacking him, but if Rodon goes which is what everyone is expecting, and we had a spare bit of the cash generated from the deal, I wouldn't be against us paying him up and getting Cam Toshack in. We won't spend on players but atleast he will have some of the U23's he managed successfully albeit at a lower standard.
Cooper Out on 16:36 - Jun 27 with 1658 viewsgordondg

When was the last time we employed a manager who hadn't managed in the football league ? K.Cullis.
Cooper Out on 16:55 - Jun 27 with 1604 viewsFlashberryjack

Cooper Out on 15:56 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Petrifies me that he will be in charge of a side next year without our out of contract lot and Rodon/Celina.

Probably a nice fella, but just hasn't got the personality or knowhow to manage at this level. We are completely skint so won't be sacking him, but if Rodon goes which is what everyone is expecting, and we had a spare bit of the cash generated from the deal, I wouldn't be against us paying him up and getting Cam Toshack in. We won't spend on players but atleast he will have some of the U23's he managed successfully albeit at a lower standard.

Toshack should have been offered the job in the first place IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cooper Out on 16:59 - Jun 27 with 1596 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Out on 15:02 - Jun 27 by TenbySwan

Changed my vote to yes.

Me too. He's had a few months to think about his performance, whether he's doing a good job, and what he needed to change up when the season restarted. And it's taken just 2 games for the usual to resume.

The decline was such a shame, and is unprecedented. This is a stat I posted about back in October:

"For at least the last 7 seasons, no team that has been top after 10 games has finished outside the playoffs. If we are at least competitive, we have a shot at making the top 6."

I'm not sure that there has been competitiveness though. And while some of that blame may fall onto the players, it is Cooper's job to motivate them and to tinker with the game plan in order to get a response. Last season Potter had a habit of waking us up after a poor 1st half, but Cooper doesn't imo.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 17:00]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024