Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper Out 21:42 - Nov 29 with 50491 viewsDippy

Cooper Out

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Cooper Out

Cooper Out on 23:10 - Feb 11 with 2568 viewsswan65split

Cooper Out on 22:53 - Feb 11 by Nortbankboy

Got to say,it's boring football just like a pau l Clement team

You werent around for the Harry Gregg era then?
Cooper Out on 23:13 - Feb 11 with 2545 viewsNortbankboy

Cooper Out on 23:10 - Feb 11 by swan65split

You werent around for the Harry Gregg era then?

Yes I was.But we are now in the old second div.Unlike Harry Greg's day
This is the worst side we have had in 12 yrs
Cooper Out on 23:29 - Feb 11 with 2526 viewsSmellyplumz

Cooper Out on 21:55 - Feb 11 by sainthelens

His post match interview will be a good watch after a fruitful few days.

His post match interview was very embarrassing... He's a lost man, you can tell.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cooper Out on 23:39 - Feb 11 with 2498 viewsNotLoyal

Cooper Out on 23:13 - Feb 11 by Nortbankboy

Agreed but it's astonishing as well it could be the most promising, however we are being stripped of class players and there's more to come.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper Out on 23:40 - Feb 11 with 2497 viewsblackpooljack

Cooper Out on 16:46 - Jan 26 by blackpooljack

You'll come to your senses eventually

Bump
Cooper Out on 06:43 - Feb 12 with 2429 viewsTimTtam

Cooper Out on 16:46 - Jan 26 by blackpooljack

You'll come to your senses eventually

You got 2 down arrows on that post for unfortunately being right...

Cooper is making no effort to change it up. 1 sub again. 0 shots on tagret at home. And that's a few days after i thought we played some decent passing football against Derby. Really disappointing from Cooper.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper Out on 08:37 - Feb 12 with 2372 viewsswan65split

Cooper Out on 23:13 - Feb 11 by Nortbankboy

It doesnt matter what division you are in , dross is dross, the sad thing is .......and BIRCH must take note , is we are seeing young players with talent , going backwards and losing their touch, confidence and BELIEF.

If change doesnt happen soon, it could be a case laterin the season, instead of looking at that top 6, we"ll be looking over our shoulder at whats behind.

God help us next season, what we are being served is not only cruel, but gruel!.
Cooper Out on 08:41 - Feb 12 with 2368 viewsKGriz16

Cooper Out on 08:37 - Feb 12 by swan65split

It doesnt matter what division you are in , dross is dross, the sad thing is .......and BIRCH must take note , is we are seeing young players with talent , going backwards and losing their touch, confidence and BELIEF.

If change doesnt happen soon, it could be a case laterin the season, instead of looking at that top 6, we"ll be looking over our shoulder at whats behind.

God help us next season, what we are being served is not only cruel, but gruel!.

There's enough talent and money in the squad to play better football than that against a mediocre QPR. You cannot blame losing James and McBurnie for the crap we've been watching since October. Weak, poor manager. He can't adapt or change mid-game, there's no system in place for the team. Sh*t
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper Out on 08:42 - Feb 12 with 2366 viewsJinxy

I deliberately chose this thread to contribute, because I am fast approaching supporting its title. If one, or even a handful of players underperform then it is likely down to the individuals. When it's pretty much the whole team, it's the coach. It's not even down to higher than the coach - I'm talking about performance v potential. Last night was grim - I didn't boo or shout - I tried to encourage, clap etc. but it was tough. Birch will no doubt now have serious reservations. I spoke with Curt in the summer and he volunteered feedback re Cooper - his appointment was all about managing young players. Great in theory but as has been said elsewhere there is a chasm between managing players on a daily basis vs preparing them for tournaments on a temporary basis. No blame to those who appointed him - great intent, as was Clement really. Cooper is way out of his depth - doesn't have a plan A - let alone B or C. In some ways I feels sorry for him as his club management career at this level, in my view, will end here. I stood and clapped Rangel last night, and would love the club to invest in him longer term, given our limited budget. Knows the style, commands respect, worked with the best (RM, BR, ML), has fire, passion and comes over as an honest person. I don't think Cooper is honest with himself, leave alone us through press conferences and so on. He didn't absorb pressure/blame or protect the players in his post Derby press conference - he laid the blame with them. Awful. We are on a downward trajectory and unless he suddenly produces hidden leadership qualities, it's Cooper out (in the summer) for me, sadly.
Cooper Out on 08:46 - Feb 12 with 2359 viewsKGriz16

Cooper Out on 08:42 - Feb 12 by Jinxy

I deliberately chose this thread to contribute, because I am fast approaching supporting its title. If one, or even a handful of players underperform then it is likely down to the individuals. When it's pretty much the whole team, it's the coach. It's not even down to higher than the coach - I'm talking about performance v potential. Last night was grim - I didn't boo or shout - I tried to encourage, clap etc. but it was tough. Birch will no doubt now have serious reservations. I spoke with Curt in the summer and he volunteered feedback re Cooper - his appointment was all about managing young players. Great in theory but as has been said elsewhere there is a chasm between managing players on a daily basis vs preparing them for tournaments on a temporary basis. No blame to those who appointed him - great intent, as was Clement really. Cooper is way out of his depth - doesn't have a plan A - let alone B or C. In some ways I feels sorry for him as his club management career at this level, in my view, will end here. I stood and clapped Rangel last night, and would love the club to invest in him longer term, given our limited budget. Knows the style, commands respect, worked with the best (RM, BR, ML), has fire, passion and comes over as an honest person. I don't think Cooper is honest with himself, leave alone us through press conferences and so on. He didn't absorb pressure/blame or protect the players in his post Derby press conference - he laid the blame with them. Awful. We are on a downward trajectory and unless he suddenly produces hidden leadership qualities, it's Cooper out (in the summer) for me, sadly.

Cooper doesn't look as if he's bothered enough to shout. Would back Rangel to the hills and back if manager, same can be said for Tate.
Cooper Out on 08:50 - Feb 12 with 2352 views3swan

Cooper Out on 08:46 - Feb 12 by KGriz16

Cooper doesn't look as if he's bothered enough to shout. Would back Rangel to the hills and back if manager, same can be said for Tate.

Heart maybe yes but it's come to the time where we need an experienced manager to steady things.

Who is the big question.

Rangel? as assistant to learn the trade and not get thrown in at the deep end.
Cooper Out on 09:35 - Feb 12 with 2312 viewsSmellyplumz

You'd like to think that someone at the club will pull Steve to one side and tell him to fůcking wise up, one can only hope.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cooper Out on 10:58 - Feb 12 with 2256 viewsBadlands

Cooper Out on 08:46 - Feb 12 by KGriz16

From comments from previous managers (and a couple of players shh) Rutledge is more likely to go down the management route sooner than Rangel.
A lot of managers think they are King Sh*t and would ant ridiculous money to fail especially if they had been anywhere near the Premier League or equivalent.
Managers with no club but EFL experience.

Javi Garcia
Allardyce
Quique Sánchez Flores
Alex McLeish
Jaap Stam

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper Out on 12:16 - Feb 12 with 2203 viewsJinxy

Post match press conference. Fair play - some probing questions asked for once. I think Cooper struggled, and at 3:48 he says "we're not going to change the way we play" which really worries me. Tactics, formations and so on are never mentioned.

This one from this morning too. Similar to above. Grim.

Cooper Out on 13:53 - Feb 12 with 2109 viewsNWSwans

Cooper Out on 12:16 - Feb 12 by Jinxy

Post match press conference. Fair play - some probing questions asked for once. I think Cooper struggled, and at 3:48 he says "we're not going to change the way we play" which really worries me. Tactics, formations and so on are never mentioned.

This one from this morning too. Similar to above. Grim.

A manager that is so stubborn to change his style, is a poor one. especially in the Championship.

And its hardly like its a stick to what he knows, as hes never managed at this level.
Cooper Out on 14:25 - Feb 12 with 2063 viewsMad_Mike

Steve Cooper appears to think that we're set up to play the Swansea Way.
No we're not.
He also thinks the alternative to what we're doing is Long Ball football.
No it's not.
😡
Cooper Out on 14:43 - Feb 12 with 2031 viewsJinxy

Cooper Out on 14:25 - Feb 12 by Mad_Mike

Steve Cooper appears to think that we're set up to play the Swansea Way.
No we're not.
He also thinks the alternative to what we're doing is Long Ball football.
No it's not.
😡

The irony is that we ARE playing the long ball game on far too many occasions Mr Cooper! One of the reasons being there is no movement, no width, crowd urging the ball to go forward, so it then gets lumped up for yet another hopeful punt.

And he can't see this? Seriously?! He must be watching a different game to me.
Cooper Out on 16:14 - Feb 12 with 1977 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper Out on 08:42 - Feb 12 by Jinxy

Spot on.
Cooper Out on 19:06 - Feb 12 with 1885 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cooper Out on 10:58 - Feb 12 by Badlands

From comments from previous managers (and a couple of players shh) Rutledge is more likely to go down the management route sooner than Rangel.
A lot of managers think they are King Sh*t and would ant ridiculous money to fail especially if they had been anywhere near the Premier League or equivalent.
Managers with no club but EFL experience.

Javi Garcia
Allardyce
Quique Sánchez Flores
Alex McLeish
Jaap Stam

Who’s gonna pay their wages? Including whatever it takes to pay Cooper off? We’re potless.

Poll: Tory leader

Cooper Out on 19:11 - Feb 12 with 1870 viewsmonmouth

Cooper Out on 19:06 - Feb 12 by exiledclaseboy

Who’s gonna pay their wages? Including whatever it takes to pay Cooper off? We’re potless.

That's obvious, we dump a load of shit on the field every week.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper Out on 19:15 - Feb 12 with 1859 viewsVetchfielder

Cooper Out on 22:17 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

He finished his badges yet?

Genuine questions, I don't know the answers -

Do you need "badges" to manage/head coach in the Championship?
Also, out of passing interest, what about the Premier League ?

Proud to have been one of the 231

Cooper Out on 19:17 - Feb 12 with 1855 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cooper Out on 19:15 - Feb 12 by Vetchfielder

Genuine questions, I don't know the answers -

Do you need "badges" to manage/head coach in the Championship?
Also, out of passing interest, what about the Premier League ?

Didn’t we have to get permission to give Monk the job initially because he hadn’t finished the required qualifications?

Poll: Tory leader

Cooper Out on 19:21 - Feb 12 with 1844 viewsFlashberryjack

Cooper Out on 14:43 - Feb 12 by Jinxy

The irony is that we ARE playing the long ball game on far too many occasions Mr Cooper! One of the reasons being there is no movement, no width, crowd urging the ball to go forward, so it then gets lumped up for yet another hopeful punt.

And he can't see this? Seriously?! He must be watching a different game to me.

He's f*cking deluded.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cooper Out on 07:17 - Feb 13 with 1751 viewsCooperman

Cooper Out on 21:53 - Nov 29 by Cooperman

No, absolutely not and for far too many reasons that I cannot be arsed to explain.

I was a categorical 'no' when I wrote the above back in November but I've certainly shifted the stance since then.

What I would like to know more about is the inner workings of the club. Who is there on the payroll that can put the proverbial arm around Cooper for some 1:1 time on matters that are evident to much of the fan base? Yes it can be argued that he's the manager but on the other hand he has almost zero experience at this level, through no fault of his own I hasten to add. We can all benefit from a little bit of mentoring at times. I guess this person doesn't exist which leaves Cooper floundering in his own misty outlook.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cooper Out on 07:35 - Feb 13 with 1730 viewsclloy2

Cooper Out on 16:14 - Feb 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Spot on.

Absolutely spot on. I wouldn't wait until the summer though. To me it's become clear after Tuesday night, he's lost the dressing room now as well as the fans.
Time for Curt and Leon to take interim control. But the long term solution isn't straightforward either, as the clueless Cooper is only half the problem, the other half being the clueless owners as any decent manager worth their salt will not come anywhere near us now, as they know there is no money, any promising players will be sold, and unfortunately we are only able to attract Young unproven Managers desperate for a chance or in Coopers case a Youth team coach, and that gamble hasn't worked out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024