Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing 12:41 - Dec 1 with 4918 viewsMrSwerve

2 points from 4 games, 8th position, two points off the scum and TEN points off Leeds who are top. Amazing how quickly it has changed. I guess it can just as quickly change for the better, but Cooper really needs to try and turn this bad rut around ASAP.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 09:25 - Dec 2 with 1592 viewsFireboy2

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 08:57 - Dec 2 by Kilkennyjack

Next season sees the last year of parachute payments, and its a lot lower than this year.

Reality.

Ive mentioned that in another topic kilk.

The sh!t will really hit the fan next year, our inglorious owners will sell anything that isnt battened down.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 09:34 - Dec 2 with 1571 viewsTimTtam

As disappointing as it is to have fallen from 1st to 8th, there's still time to improve and 27 matches to be played. In preseason if someone told me we'd be in 8th and 1 point off the playoffs, I would've taken it.

If we had got what we quite possibly deserved - a win against Fulham, we would be in 4th right now and it would've been Cooper In.

A sign of a good team is to be in every game on the scoreboard. Apart from the Brentford abomination, our other 4 losses have been by no more than 1 goal. Forest scored in the 85th minute after a turnover in our attacking half. Stoke in the 90th. Millwall from a freakish free kick goal. Mitrovic scored twice from 2 chances against the run of play.

Then there's our away results. It may come to an end against West Brom, but we frustrate teams at their home grounds.

And then our stoppage time goals. A sign of a good team is the ability to dog wins late with stoppage time goals. Norwich & Aston Villa did it often last season. As poor as we can be at times, we don't give up.

There's a winnable run of games coming up after West Brom. Now that there's not any expectation anymore to make playoffs, I'll enjoy watching the games a bit more. Hopefully the players relax a bit and get back to form like on Friday.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 12:26 - Dec 2 with 1522 viewsLeonWasGod

It's going to be hell of a test of this thin and relatively lightweight squad to get through the busy next month or so, that's for sure.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:56 - Dec 3 with 1385 viewscontroversial_jack

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:42 - Dec 1 by Badlands

If we were good enough in August what has changed?
IMO the manager has had time to influence the squad.

Cooper has lost the dressing room, that's what's happened
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 14:57]
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:47 - Dec 3 with 1356 viewsBadlands

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 12:26 - Dec 2 by LeonWasGod

It's going to be hell of a test of this thin and relatively lightweight squad to get through the busy next month or so, that's for sure.

How is our squad thin?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:50 - Dec 3 with 1361 viewsSWANSEYE

We were spoilt by the start of the Season as this squad is not capable of a promotion push. Our midfield is inept and doesn't move the ball forward quickly enough giving our strikers no chance of decent ball . . VDH seems to want to play 40 yard passes to the smallest players on the pitch instead of picking the easy pass and finding a man . . The only good thing in my book so far is the signing of Woodman
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:27 - Dec 3 with 1329 views1964white

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:30 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As some pointed out at the time, we were extremely fortunate in many of those matches. Leeds away is a prime example. They absolutely destroyed us. It was like a Conference South side playing away at Old Trafford. We were fortunate they missed chance after chance and our one chance was scuffled into the net.

Other games went the same way. Teams would miss chance after chance and we would steal a result with one of our few chances on goal.

We have been playing very poorly all season. You could argue that first half against Fulham was our best half all season.

I for one feel fortunate we picked up the points we did in the opening two months of the season, as I think we would be battling to avoid the drop otherwise. We are incredibly poor.

I can't recall Swans fans thinking you were fortunate at Leeds

We certainly didn't deserve to lose that game, but that's football for you especially the championship!
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 18:27 - Dec 3 with 1279 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:27 - Dec 3 by 1964white

We certainly didn't deserve to lose that game, but that's football for you especially the championship!

That's because most of our fans are incapable of judging our performances objectively.

Even after the disastrous Garry Monk tenure, some still can't distinguish a good performance from a good result.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 18:33 - Dec 3 with 1299 viewsLeonWasGod

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:47 - Dec 3 by Badlands

How is our squad thin?

Because we don’t have much in the way of senior player backup, especially in key positions through the spine of the team. We can fill in, but to challenge I’d have thought we need quality backup.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 21:20 - Dec 3 with 1257 viewsjackrabbit

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:37 - Dec 1 by Darran

Does anyone actually disagree with this? ⤴️

Just slightly. I was at Loftus Rd on a very pleasant evening in August when I thought we played really well to defeat a very lively QPR 3-1. Excellent game and excellent performance which gave me great hopes for the games ahead. My next live game was the dire loss to Stoke in October..

We’ve deteriorated badly over the past months.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 21:34 - Dec 3 with 1236 viewsTNT

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:30 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As some pointed out at the time, we were extremely fortunate in many of those matches. Leeds away is a prime example. They absolutely destroyed us. It was like a Conference South side playing away at Old Trafford. We were fortunate they missed chance after chance and our one chance was scuffled into the net.

Other games went the same way. Teams would miss chance after chance and we would steal a result with one of our few chances on goal.

We have been playing very poorly all season. You could argue that first half against Fulham was our best half all season.

I for one feel fortunate we picked up the points we did in the opening two months of the season, as I think we would be battling to avoid the drop otherwise. We are incredibly poor.

Your first team, Manure, is incredibly poor. Not very objective are you?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 21:35 - Dec 3 with 1239 viewsmonmouth

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:56 - Dec 3 by controversial_jack

Cooper has lost the dressing room, that's what's happened
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 14:57]

Why?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 21:37 - Dec 3 with 1230 viewsFireboy2

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:27 - Dec 3 by 1964white

Have manure played at leeds this season 🤔
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 22:56 - Dec 3 with 1184 views1964white

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 21:37 - Dec 3 by Fireboy2

Have manure played at leeds this season 🤔

Of course we haven't as you already know Fireboy

Only chance of that is if we draw them in the cup & that is now unlikely as we've drawn Arsenal away in the 3rd round.

I look forward to another visit to the Emirates even though I reckon we'll field a weakened team featuring our Under 23's in the main.

I see your lads have drawn QPR
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 09:07 - Dec 4 with 1121 viewsFireboy2

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 22:56 - Dec 3 by 1964white

Of course we haven't as you already know Fireboy

Only chance of that is if we draw them in the cup & that is now unlikely as we've drawn Arsenal away in the 3rd round.

I look forward to another visit to the Emirates even though I reckon we'll field a weakened team featuring our Under 23's in the main.

I see your lads have drawn QPR

Whooosh

You obviously dont know that the pr!ck that is dyss is a manure fan.

He only ever comes on this forum to wind people up after a defeat.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:50 - Dec 4 with 1062 views1964white

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 09:07 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

Whooosh

You obviously dont know that the pr!ck that is dyss is a manure fan.

He only ever comes on this forum to wind people up after a defeat.

No I didn't know

Gatecrashing a forum after a defeat is a cruel & unnecessary
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 18:56 - Dec 4 with 1025 viewsFireboy2

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:50 - Dec 4 by 1964white

No I didn't know

Gatecrashing a forum after a defeat is a cruel & unnecessary

He 'pretends' to be a jack but as ive said he only comes on when we have lost with some education posts.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 03:05 - Dec 5 with 961 viewsTimTtam

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 18:56 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

He 'pretends' to be a jack but as ive said he only comes on when we have lost with some education posts.

The sad thing is I remember one occasion only when he came on that wasn't immediately after or during a loss. The FA Cup QF when we just went 2-0 up.

Then I remembered we were playing and beating Man United's rivals...

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 16:41 - Dec 5 with 882 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:47 - Dec 3 by Badlands

How is our squad thin?

It's thin and very young and inexperienced, I always said we would fade, we will fade more after Christmas!
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 20:22 - Dec 5 with 842 viewsSTID2017

How is our squad thin?

They have all been on the Weight Watchers Diet ready for Xmas mun

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 827 viewsswancity

How is our squad thin?

Cost cutting by the owners.., that’s how

And it’ll get worse.

You’re not that naive are you ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:23 - Dec 8 with 733 viewsWhiterockin

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 06:16 - Dec 2 by Whiterockin

It is incredible that we are still unbeaten away, in some of the games we have been played off the park and still managed a result. IMO that statistic is masking the situation, we are an average side at best.

Bump.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:09 - Dec 8 with 645 viewscontroversial_jack

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 21:35 - Dec 3 by monmouth

Why?

I don't know why, but it could explain our poor form
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:25 - Dec 8 with 621 viewsmonmouth

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:09 - Dec 8 by controversial_jack

I don't know why, but it could explain our poor form

Ah, right.

The dressing room certainly lost me today, the cowardly feckless bags of shite.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 23:38 - Dec 8 with 516 viewsTenbySwan

Just looked at the table and we are now below Cardiff and 15 points off top, having been top ourselves at one point!
Time for bed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024