Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds 15:41 - Dec 1 with 10875 viewsQJumpingJack

Scroll to the bottom.
Lets hope this is not true. Would this be a decision by the Americans?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7740077/AHEAD-GAME-Derby-earm
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:47 - Dec 1 with 5308 viewsLohengrin

Knee-jerk reactions in place of long-term planning invariably result in disaster.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:48 - Dec 1 with 5309 viewsBadlands

This isn't new and I'm sure there was talk of this when Fairwood was completed.
Birch commented back in March that the academy would keep it's category one status for the time being.
Unfortunately relegation and the difficulty replacing good prospects as players move up or out has devalued the standard of the team.
If we were to drop to Category 3 status it would be almost all about local youngsters not impressing bigger clubs.
Birch commented that the financial saving between Cat 1 & 2 is negligible although the standard is great.
The financial saving between Cat 1 & 3 is considerable but the difference in standard is negligible.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:49 - Dec 1 with 5305 viewspembsjack

There's truth in them happy to sell the training ground, Birch admitted that at fans forum. But he said it was to cover loss of premiership money, wages and running cost etc. He never mentioned reinvesting anything.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:00 - Dec 1 with 5263 viewsSwanjaxs

The thought that any money generated by selling the Landore training facility going towards team strengthening is almost funny.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:01 - Dec 1 with 5257 viewsBadlands

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:49 - Dec 1 by pembsjack

There's truth in them happy to sell the training ground, Birch admitted that at fans forum. But he said it was to cover loss of premiership money, wages and running cost etc. He never mentioned reinvesting anything.

At the meeting I attended he said it would be part of overall savings - which is reduction of parachute payments and running costs.
He also said at the meeting it was absolutely essential to get Borja, Bony and Ayew off the payroll but McBurnie and James fees have allowed us to keep them.
However, with the plastics staying away we are going to have to cut back agains next season just to stand still.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:05 - Dec 1 with 5238 viewsmarchamjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:01 - Dec 1 by Badlands

At the meeting I attended he said it would be part of overall savings - which is reduction of parachute payments and running costs.
He also said at the meeting it was absolutely essential to get Borja, Bony and Ayew off the payroll but McBurnie and James fees have allowed us to keep them.
However, with the plastics staying away we are going to have to cut back agains next season just to stand still.

Fair play...it’s the fans fault 🤦‍♂️

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:25 - Dec 1 with 5185 viewsjojaca

Most of the players will be off the books at the end of season, surely the parachute payments and transfer outgoings in the last couple of years should have sorted the hole in finances. Very depressing reading going into next season especially with season tickets renewals upon us. What is the team sheet going to look like next season.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:48 - Dec 1 with 5124 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:25 - Dec 1 by jojaca

Most of the players will be off the books at the end of season, surely the parachute payments and transfer outgoings in the last couple of years should have sorted the hole in finances. Very depressing reading going into next season especially with season tickets renewals upon us. What is the team sheet going to look like next season.

The 3rd and final year of parachute payments will cover next season by which time a lot of the current big earns will be shifted off the books, but Ayew is still contracted until the end of 2021 and his edge will account for roughly 25% of next years PP unless he’s offloaded. There is still a need to cut the cloth, this years £35m will be 0 in 2 years time.

The club has done well from the Academy, James and McBurnie were sold for a combined £33m and if Rodon and Roberts are moved on it will be more money again. If the club drop to Cat 3, I am pretty sure that will mean anyone with a Cat 1 Academy can come along, hoover up our talent for what will be minimum compo, pretty sure Cardiff got that treatment when Man City took the kid Rabbi Matando, didn’t Man City do something similar to the Swans with the lad Lake?

Having 1 site makes sense, If the club put the Academy site up for sale it’s value would be dependent on how it could be developed, if restrictive covenants were placed on future use of the site during any sale or there are planning permission issues it may not be worth a great deal
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 21:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:43 - Dec 1 with 4951 viewsLuther27

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:48 - Dec 1 by majorraglan

The 3rd and final year of parachute payments will cover next season by which time a lot of the current big earns will be shifted off the books, but Ayew is still contracted until the end of 2021 and his edge will account for roughly 25% of next years PP unless he’s offloaded. There is still a need to cut the cloth, this years £35m will be 0 in 2 years time.

The club has done well from the Academy, James and McBurnie were sold for a combined £33m and if Rodon and Roberts are moved on it will be more money again. If the club drop to Cat 3, I am pretty sure that will mean anyone with a Cat 1 Academy can come along, hoover up our talent for what will be minimum compo, pretty sure Cardiff got that treatment when Man City took the kid Rabbi Matando, didn’t Man City do something similar to the Swans with the lad Lake?

Having 1 site makes sense, If the club put the Academy site up for sale it’s value would be dependent on how it could be developed, if restrictive covenants were placed on future use of the site during any sale or there are planning permission issues it may not be worth a great deal
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 21:14]

I thought Swansea Uni owned the playing fields and we developed the academy there. I'm not sure what is ours to sell off if it's on Uni land. I stand to be corrected.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:44 - Dec 1 with 4956 viewsbudegan

Fair play, big nose absolutely shafted this club.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:50 - Dec 1 with 4922 viewsGaryjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:43 - Dec 1 by Luther27

I thought Swansea Uni owned the playing fields and we developed the academy there. I'm not sure what is ours to sell off if it's on Uni land. I stand to be corrected.

We own Landore.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:55 - Dec 1 with 4905 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:50 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

We own Landore.

But not for much longer.

#thenextlevel

#yanksout

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:00 - Dec 1 with 4877 viewsLuther27

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:50 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

We own Landore.

I was thinking of Fairwood.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:07 - Dec 1 with 4854 viewsGaryjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:55 - Dec 1 by Swanjaxs

But not for much longer.

#thenextlevel

#yanksout

I kick myself sometimes for not realising that once we got to the prem, with Martin Morgan involved one day it would end in disaster with him walking away with millions. It was a perfect scenario for him.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:10 - Dec 1 with 4837 viewsGaryjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:00 - Dec 1 by Luther27

I was thinking of Fairwood.

Yes i know. But the thread is about the potential sale of Landore and moving everything to Fairwood.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:12 - Dec 1 with 4826 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:07 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

I kick myself sometimes for not realising that once we got to the prem, with Martin Morgan involved one day it would end in disaster with him walking away with millions. It was a perfect scenario for him.

Be the kiss of death if you lose that, bellers was trying to persuade Tan to get us to cat 1 I heard to stop the pinching of talent. It’s only the cost of a madine, glatzel or Cunningham after all. After what gonzo did to you, this would be the biggest blow. Fight it
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:14 - Dec 1 with 4819 viewsLuther27

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:10 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

Yes i know. But the thread is about the potential sale of Landore and moving everything to Fairwood.

Thanks for that.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:23 - Dec 1 with 4791 viewsmonmouth

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:07 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

He was counting the injury time at wembley as £30m a minute Gar. jenkins actually made a joke of him saying that. It was where his thoughts were from the start.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 19:32]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:29 - Dec 1 with 4778 viewsSwanjaxs

Jenkins gets most of the flack for the clusterfuçk our club has become, but make no mistake, in my eyes Morgan was the major player in all this.
But for some reason no shìt seems to have stuck to him.

But heyho he's a millionaire many times over.

A club for the fans run by the fans (or something like that) 😂

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:29 - Dec 1 with 4773 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The sale wouldn't even scratch the surface for buying players of any quality.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:34 - Dec 1 with 4752 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:29 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

The sale wouldn't even scratch the surface for buying players of any quality.

You really think any monies made from the sale of Landore will go towards player recruitment?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:04 - Dec 1 with 4690 viewsFireboy2

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:34 - Dec 1 by Swanjaxs

You really think any monies made from the sale of Landore will go towards player recruitment?

This ^

These 28 fvcking leeches have only been in this for one thing, making money from us.

Whether we were in the prem where they would get near to 100 million or in the other divisions they would gef parachute payments, i bet they wish they had got birch in earlier to make them even more money.

The next two seasons are going to be a rollercoaster, just hope that cooper learns quickly to make us competitive next season as there will be more players sold, the likes of roberts, rodon, vdh, ayew and baston will go leaving us with the bare bones of a squad, buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:17 - Dec 1 with 4641 viewsBadlands

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:04 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

This ^

These 28 fvcking leeches have only been in this for one thing, making money from us.

Whether we were in the prem where they would get near to 100 million or in the other divisions they would gef parachute payments, i bet they wish they had got birch in earlier to make them even more money.

The next two seasons are going to be a rollercoaster, just hope that cooper learns quickly to make us competitive next season as there will be more players sold, the likes of roberts, rodon, vdh, ayew and baston will go leaving us with the bare bones of a squad, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:19 - Dec 1 with 4632 viewssg1912

Serious questions need to be asked about the sale of the club, it blatantly obvious that the Americans never had enough money to sustain a Championship club no matter premier league.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:22 - Dec 1 with 4616 viewsFireboy2

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:17 - Dec 1 by Badlands

Truth normally makes apologists angry 🤔
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024