Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Willis 15:58 - Dec 4 with 2879 viewsMuteswan

Sky reporting Bob Willis has passed away. Aged 70. RIP.
Bob Willis on 16:00 - Dec 4 with 2871 viewsMuteswan

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11878027/bob-willis-ex-england-capt
Bob Willis on 16:08 - Dec 4 with 2853 viewsEbo

Bob Willis on 16:00 - Dec 4 by Muteswan

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11878027/bob-willis-ex-england-capt

He had a good innings.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bob Willis on 16:15 - Dec 4 with 2838 viewsNotLoyal

Bob Willis on 16:08 - Dec 4 by Ebo

He had a good innings.

He rarely got caught out.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bob Willis on 16:28 - Dec 4 with 2820 viewssherpajacob

Bob Willis off his long run, steaming in after tea, with a boozy boisterous crowd roaring him on.

One of the great memories of my youth.

Took no prisoners as a pundit either. RIP Bob Dylan Willis

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Bob Willis on 16:36 - Dec 4 with 2800 viewssainthelens

Think he'd been suffering from prostate cancer. RIP big man.
Bob Willis on 16:53 - Dec 4 with 2774 viewsjackharris

This is a bloody shock. Didn’t know he had been unwell. Remember seeing him at the Ashes at Sophia Gardens in 2009, underneath the stand with ear phones in to stop being stopped by everyone.

RIP Mr Willis

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Bob Willis on 16:59 - Dec 4 with 2765 viewsosj

Sad news, I spent a lot of time down st Helen's in the mid to late seventies watching glamorgan as a youngster, I was an avid autograph hunter and i have to say 2 cricketers stand out to me, Derek Randall who came out after stumps sat on the terrace in front of the pavilion and signed autographs for everyone who had qued which was pretty amazing I had never seen anyone do that before and he spoke to all of us, a genuinely nice bloke, and then there is Bob Willis we used to stand in the stairwell in the pavillion if we could get in, and one particular match I was in the stairwell with a few others after stumps and Bob came past I had a no2 crew cut and as he passed me I asked for his autograph he stopped to oblige and then ran his hand over the top of my head he found this very amusing and called over a few of his Warwickshire team mates to do the same, i loved it, he then took my autograph book and took it in the bar and got it signed by all the Warwickshire players who were in there, you can imagine how buzzing I was, when he returned the book he brought a tray over with him loaded with crisps and glasses of lemonade for us, another genuinely nice bloke, memories I've never forgotten.
RIP BOB.
Bob Willis on 17:00 - Dec 4 with 2764 viewstheloneranger

I'll never forget his 8 wickets to win the 1981 Headingley Test match.
Fast bowling at it's very best.

RIP ... Sir Bob Willis

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Bob Willis on 17:42 - Dec 4 with 2691 viewsFergal

Bob Willis on 16:53 - Dec 4 by jackharris

This is a bloody shock. Didn’t know he had been unwell. Remember seeing him at the Ashes at Sophia Gardens in 2009, underneath the stand with ear phones in to stop being stopped by everyone.

RIP Mr Willis

He did that on a packed train I was on once. Got on at Vauxhall heading to the Sky studios.

Chuntered to himself the entire journey, pleased to say he was as grumpy in real life as he came across on telly!

70 is no bloody age.
Bob Willis on 17:44 - Dec 4 with 2684 viewsbluey_the_blue

RIP
Bob Willis on 17:50 - Dec 4 with 2677 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

RIP like OSJ I remember him having time to chat to us schoolboys, we had a funny discussion about how to get the Chappell Bros out with us insisting that he bowled short at Greg Chappell and Bob pretending that he did not understand what we were talking about.

He kept us going for about 10 minutes saying he could not understand our accents. He then signed all our autographs and shook us all by the hand in turn and thanked us for the fun.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Bob Willis on 18:12 - Dec 4 with 2644 viewsdickythorpe

A huge loss. RIP
Sky have a big void to fill.
Bob Willis on 18:22 - Dec 4 with 2619 viewsstevethejack

69 not out.
Bob Willis on 18:24 - Dec 4 with 2614 viewsWarwickHunt

Bob Willis on 17:00 - Dec 4 by theloneranger

I'll never forget his 8 wickets to win the 1981 Headingley Test match.
Fast bowling at it's very best.

RIP ... Sir Bob Willis

Remember watching every ball of that day on tv with my old man. Epic.
Bob Willis on 18:46 - Dec 4 with 2589 viewslonglostjack

Hadn’t seen any images of him since the seventies. Sad to see Sky clips of him on the news tonight. Wish I hadn’t. It’s nicer to remember people how they were.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bob Willis on 19:29 - Dec 4 with 2543 viewsCountyJim

Very sad news one of my cricketing heroes growing up

RIP Bob
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024