Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ V Ruiz 2 10:14 - Dec 5 with 9389 viewsshandyjack

Who you got?
Will AJ's weight loss help or further hindeer him.
I'm thinking Ruiz in 6

Poll: Expectation for the season

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:29 - Dec 5 with 3319 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ needed to lose weight.

First fight, certainly tagged Ruiz - then had the concussion.

AJ will probably win by dragging the fight out, boxing and not engaging in a brawl.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:36 - Dec 5 with 3315 viewsCatullus

If he can avoid the brawl and box, as he said on tv this morning then maybe AJ will do it. I do sometimes bet, mostly on football. I've bet on boxing before but not this time. Ruiz is strong, he looks like he's had too many doughnuts but there's more to him.

If AJ wins it could be on points or a technical KO but I don't fancy him to put Ruiz down and keep him down.

Now I've said that pile on a first round KO by AJ!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:41 - Dec 5 with 3304 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:36 - Dec 5 by Catullus

If he can avoid the brawl and box, as he said on tv this morning then maybe AJ will do it. I do sometimes bet, mostly on football. I've bet on boxing before but not this time. Ruiz is strong, he looks like he's had too many doughnuts but there's more to him.

If AJ wins it could be on points or a technical KO but I don't fancy him to put Ruiz down and keep him down.

Now I've said that pile on a first round KO by AJ!!

AJ certainly put him down. Without the concussion, I don't see Ruiz winning that fight.

I tend to think the same of AJ that I do of Parker - think the coaching / training isn't good enough at that level for either of them.

I get loyalty, respect loyalty, but both need to move on to progress.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:50 - Dec 5 with 3294 viewsKerouac

I am a bit worried about AJ, not sure he will be able to sustain a career at this level.
I did think he took a punch well after Dillon Whyte and Wladimir Klitschko fights...but after Ruiz and the stories coming out of AJ's training camp for this one, I'm not sure he hasn't been damaged/weakened along the way.

However, he should be able to outbox Ruiz and win comfortably (I'm thinking a stoppage around round 7/8) if he doesn't walk on to a big one.

Re: the future
I thought AJ had the tools to defeat Wilder, but now I'd bet on a Wilder left hook knocking AJ out and finishing his career.
Hope I'm wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:53 - Dec 5 with 3290 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wilder is poor. Relies solely on landing that one punch.

He's no defence. 40 ( and the rest... ) year old Ortiz landed the left at will - against a harder hitter, Wilder would be out of it. Ortiz had him in all sorts of trouble the first fight, Fury clearly beat him.

AJ against Wilder boils down to one thing; can AJ avoid that one punch? If so, he'd land at will on Wilder and hits harder than Ortiz.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 11:39 - Dec 5 with 3277 viewstheloneranger

Watching Andy Ruiz fight and train, he likes to tee off with counter punch combinations, especially after he gets hit in the head. If you watch he likes to punch to the ear, he's not a chin guy. Punches to the ear disorientate the whole body.

Body shots stop Ruiz dead in his tracks and he does not respond with the 4-5 punch head attacks, body shots could pay huge dividends.

I hope AJ's learnt lessons from the first fight and he's been training to jab, jab go downstairs and work back up. AJ doesn't need to exchange punch for punch with Ruiz, and when he gets the chance he needs to back the shorter man up. It's basic I know, but AJ needs to keep his left hand up, it was dangling by his side the first fight.

If Joshua goes for the same old head hunting, overpowering, KO mentality again, then sadly it will be a repeat of the first fight

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 11:57 - Dec 5 with 3266 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Much depends on what is going on between Joshua's ears. Has he got over the shock of last time? can he get it out of his mind when the bell goes? He got hurt and he might be afraid of getting hurt again.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:49 - Dec 5 with 3170 viewsmayorofpenlan

I got 9/1 ruiz to ko Joshua.
What no one mentions on here is, ruiz took the fight at short notice and did not have time to properly train and prepare,
and he was a handful for Joshua.
This time he has trained and prepared so I am expecting him to be more of a handful than before.
Login to get fewer ads

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:52 - Dec 5 with 3163 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:49 - Dec 5 by mayorofpenlan

What no one mentions on here is, ruiz took the fight at short notice and did not have time to properly train and prepare,
This time he has trained and prepared so I am expecting him to be more of a handful than before.

He wasn't a handful before that shot in the third round.

I think he's vastly underrated but don't forget Joshua didn't have much time to prepare for Ruiz either.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:04 - Dec 5 with 3150 viewsperplex

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:53 - Dec 5 by bluey_the_blue

Wilder is poor. Relies solely on landing that one punch.

He's no defence. 40 ( and the rest... ) year old Ortiz landed the left at will - against a harder hitter, Wilder would be out of it. Ortiz had him in all sorts of trouble the first fight, Fury clearly beat him.

AJ against Wilder boils down to one thing; can AJ avoid that one punch? If so, he'd land at will on Wilder and hits harder than Ortiz.

Firstly its very doubtful that Hearn and AJ will take the Wilder fight to much of a risk to take when there earing vast amounts any way, if it did come off AJ would be so weary of being hit knowing one clean hit will probably spark him he will go into his shell and become even more robotic, I`d go for a Wilder ko just as soon as he connects cleanly.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 19:11]
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:07 - Dec 5 with 3140 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ruiz is actually the better boxer for me. I think Joshua needs to bide his time and smash Ruiz on the rare chance he gets to counter. Force Ruiz to lead.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:07 - Dec 5 with 3139 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:04 - Dec 5 by perplex

Firstly its very doubtful that Hearn and AJ will take the Wilder fight to much of a risk to take when there earing vast amounts any way, if it did come off AJ would be so weary of being hit knowing one clean hit will probably spark him he will go into his shell and become even more robotic, I`d go for a Wilder ko just as soon as he connects cleanly.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 19:11]

If it's to unify the belts then the fight would happen, from Hearn and AJ's perspective.

Why would Wilder want the fight? Arguably Ortiz, old and lumbering beat him the first time. Fury beat him - neither hit as hard as AJ.

AJ avoids that one punch, is able to connect at will. Wilder would be in far more danger.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:07 - Dec 5 with 3136 viewstheloneranger

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:49 - Dec 5 by mayorofpenlan

Ruiz had only fought approx 5 weeks earlier when he defeated Alexander Dimitrenko on the 20th April 2019. He fought Joshua on the 1st June 2019.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:10 - Dec 5 with 3133 viewsperplex

Outcome also depends on how Ruiz has prepared, strong rumours going around that he has been living it up big time, personally I`m not sure who will this fight, one thing I am pretty sure of is that Wilder would spark the both of them.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:13 - Dec 5 with 3128 viewsJackfath

What time are they expected to enter the ring?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:14 - Dec 5 with 3125 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:13 - Dec 5 by Jackfath

What time are they expected to enter the ring?

8:30pm ring walks for main event.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:14 - Dec 5 with 3123 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:10 - Dec 5 by perplex

Outcome also depends on how Ruiz has prepared, strong rumours going around that he has been living it up big time, personally I`m not sure who will this fight, one thing I am pretty sure of is that Wilder would spark the both of them.

The question is would Wilder be dropped before he gets that one punch off.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:44 - Dec 5 with 3112 viewsJackfath

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:14 - Dec 5 by bluey_the_blue

8:30pm ring walks for main event.

That's a decent time. Thanks.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:57 - Dec 5 with 3099 viewsperplex

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:14 - Dec 5 by bluey_the_blue

The question is would Wilder be dropped before he gets that one punch off.

Never been stopped, and has proved he,s just as dangerous when hurt, but when Ruiz hurt AJ we all saw what happened
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:03 - Dec 5 with 3093 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:57 - Dec 5 by perplex

Never been stopped, and has proved he,s just as dangerous when hurt, but when Ruiz hurt AJ we all saw what happened

First Ortiz fight, Wilder was out on his feet - should've been stopped. That's against somebody not a heavy hitter.

AJ was hurt vs Klitschko, look what happened. Ruiz, good punch, clear concussion.

Ortiz is 40, which for a Cuban boxer means you can add 5-10 years on. He landed at will second fight.

Wilder has never been stopped but his record of competition is woefully bad.

AJ - Wilder, Wilder will get hit, a lot by a heavier hitter than he usually faces. Question is if the cumulative effect would stop him before he can get a shot off.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:05 - Dec 5 with 3094 viewsperplex

Try not to be taken in by what steady Eddie tells you lol, AJ is boxing's cash cow they would not give Wilder a fair cut, if they were that keen on a unification fight they would have given him an offer he could not refuse, credit to Fury for fighting Wilder tho proves the best can fight the best if both parties went it.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:09 - Dec 5 with 3088 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hold on - what was Wilder's drawing power? 3 belts vs 1 - Wilder wanting to fight in America, which given the farcical scoring in the Fury fight is understandable. Unknown to most Americans until fairly recently.

Fury matches up better against Wilder imo than against AJ - look to smother Wilder.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:11 - Dec 5 with 3086 viewsperplex

Why you going on about Ortiz being 40, how old was Klitschko 41 I believe, and Yes Wilder was badly hurt against Ortiz shortly after he sparked him nuff said.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:16 - Dec 5 with 3077 viewsperplex

That's what is trying to be explained to you lol, yes AJ is the cash cow and draw and can make an offer to Wilder that he could not refuse to unify the titles if it means that much to AJ, but they won't simply because they have no interest in fighting him.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:17 - Dec 5 with 3073 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:11 - Dec 5 by perplex

Why you going on about Ortiz being 40, how old was Klitschko 41 I believe, and Yes Wilder was badly hurt against Ortiz shortly after he sparked him nuff said.

Klitschko was world champ for how long?

Wilder was more than badly hurt - seen plenty of fights where that would have been stopped. That's against someone who isn't a heavy hitter.

The reason I mention Ortiz is the cuban boxers have a habit of being older than their passports say...

Again, second fight Ortiz landed with ease. Absolutely no defence whatsoever. Wilder' relies upon his KO power but against heavier hitters than Fury or Ortiz he may not get the chance to unload it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024