Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? 12:24 - Dec 5 with 30772 viewsDarran

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:55 - Dec 8 with 1187 viewsladyjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:49 - Dec 8 by Wingstandwood

I predicted on here a Brexit referendum win and a Brexit Party EU election stampede-victory.
I predicted a Tory win for Byron Davies the election before last, I was right, the vibes of uncertainty I got whilst talking to Jeremy Miles helped aid my forecasting ability.

I predicted a Labour win the last time and you yourself replied to my prediction saying you were out canvassing there yourself.

This time I predict a Tory win. Kids (now grown up working class) I grew up on a Gower constituency council estate all seem to be voting Conservative this time around. I find that rather profound and quite remarkable tbh. IMO Labour's only hope in Gower is for The Brexit Party splitting the vote.

On the subject of Corbyn? If he resigns and is replaced by John McDonnell with student activist Momentum pulling the stings it'll be back to square one and history repeating itself all over again. These predictions are not rocket science or supreme ability just common sense and listening to people outside of a confirmation-bias bubble.

Oh Tory win in Gower you think and your a local, I wonder what others think, like ECB/Acejack ?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 18:56]
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:56 - Dec 8 with 1181 viewsAce_Jack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:49 - Dec 8 by Wingstandwood

I predicted on here a Brexit referendum win and a Brexit Party EU election stampede-victory.
I predicted a Tory win for Byron Davies the election before last, I was right, the vibes of uncertainty I got whilst talking to Jeremy Miles helped aid my forecasting ability.

I predicted a Labour win the last time and you yourself replied to my prediction saying you were out canvassing there yourself.

This time I predict a Tory win. Kids (now grown up working class) I grew up on a Gower constituency council estate all seem to be voting Conservative this time around. I find that rather profound and quite remarkable tbh. IMO Labour's only hope in Gower is for The Brexit Party splitting the vote.

On the subject of Corbyn? If he resigns and is replaced by John McDonnell with student activist Momentum pulling the stings it'll be back to square one and history repeating itself all over again. These predictions are not rocket science or supreme ability just common sense and listening to people outside of a confirmation-bias bubble.

I’ve not been out door knocking in weeks so I have no idea how it’s going. I canvassed for Gower in 2017 and it was ok although I admit I didn’t think we’d win because of Corbyn. Frankly I’m too busy with a house move and I’m not enthused to go campaigning for Corbyn in the meantime. The incumbent labour MP is reasonably popular so that might carry her over the line this time.

Corbyn won’t “be replaced” without a membership ballot first. Lord knows who will go for it or who will succeed Jeremy when the inevitable happens this week. McDonnell said he didn’t want it so who knows where we will end up?
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:00 - Dec 8 with 1166 viewsAce_Jack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:55 - Dec 8 by ladyjack

Oh Tory win in Gower you think and your a local, I wonder what others think, like ECB/Acejack ?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 18:56]

Obviously I don’t want a Tory win but who knows. Jeremy Corbyn is unpopular as f*ck so maybe that will lose the seat.

Adthejack, hows canvassing?
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:11 - Dec 8 with 1152 viewsladyjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:00 - Dec 8 by Ace_Jack

Obviously I don’t want a Tory win but who knows. Jeremy Corbyn is unpopular as f*ck so maybe that will lose the seat.

Do seasoned canvassers have a good idea who is going to win ?
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:14 - Dec 8 with 1142 viewsbluey_the_blue

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:11 - Dec 8 by ladyjack

Do seasoned canvassers have a good idea who is going to win ?

They can't say due to purdah.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:22 - Dec 8 with 1139 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:26 - Dec 8 by Ace_Jack

Funny, I thought she would’ve been in Swansea for the Jeremy Corbyn rally. That probably says a lot about how it’s going or how little she thinks of Jeremy tbh.

She didn’t mention Corbyn and neither did I. I’d imagine many Labour candidates are adopting a similar approach.

Poll: Tory leader

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:24 - Dec 8 with 1133 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:14 - Dec 8 by bluey_the_blue

They can't say due to purdah.

Finally and after all these years you’ve made me laugh with you and not at you.

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:28 - Dec 8 with 1121 viewsWingstandwood

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:00 - Dec 8 by Ace_Jack

One thing that may influence the result is the weather and turnout. If its atrocious? It'll be a question of which age group is more prepared to brave unfavorable weather conditions. It's not nice out there at the moment.

Who are more likely to force themselves to take a trip to the polling station no matter what? Will it be the (more likely to vote Conservative) older generation or the (more likely to vote Labour) younger generation?

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:31 - Dec 8 with 1117 viewsAce_Jack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:28 - Dec 8 by Wingstandwood

One thing that may influence the result is the weather and turnout. If its atrocious? It'll be a question of which age group is more prepared to brave unfavorable weather conditions. It's not nice out there at the moment.

Who are more likely to force themselves to take a trip to the polling station no matter what? Will it be the (more likely to vote Conservative) older generation or the (more likely to vote Labour) younger generation?

God knows lol
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:32 - Dec 8 with 1114 viewsGowerjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:26 - Dec 8 by Ace_Jack

Funny, I thought she would’ve been in Swansea for the Jeremy Corbyn rally. That probably says a lot about how it’s going or how little she thinks of Jeremy tbh.

I don't think she's a fan.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:32 - Dec 8 with 1113 viewsexiledclaseboy

Turnout will be low because having an election in December is a spectacularly stupid idea. And we still insist on holding them on Thursdays for reasons I can’t fathom.

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:40 - Dec 8 with 1099 viewsGowerjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:32 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

Turnout will be low because having an election in December is a spectacularly stupid idea. And we still insist on holding them on Thursdays for reasons I can’t fathom.

What bearing does the day have?

Other than weekends obviously.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:41 - Dec 8 with 1097 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:40 - Dec 8 by Gowerjack

What bearing does the day have?

Other than weekends obviously.

You just answered your own question.

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:46 - Dec 8 with 1089 viewsladyjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:28 - Dec 8 by Wingstandwood

Hmm, low turnout historically favours the Conservatives.

Locals are trying to talk me off going big on Labour, I say big the bookies wont take a good bet on these days, lots of negative sentiment around Labour in Gower so it seems.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:49 - Dec 8 with 1080 viewsbluey_the_blue

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:46 - Dec 8 by ladyjack

Locals are trying to talk me off going big on Labour, I say big the bookies wont take a good bet on these days, lots of negative sentiment around Labour in Gower so it seems.

Bookies will take any bet making them money.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:01 - Dec 8 with 1064 viewsWingstandwood

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:46 - Dec 8 by ladyjack

What will not help Labour in Gower also is the fact that old union members and nationalised/heavy industry loyalists NCB, British steel etc, are not in the substantial number of bygone years. With each and every passing year they get less whilst the cemeteries fuller.

Uber-loyalists so hard to replenish in similar equal number by means of a younger generation who have got to be dragged away from their mobile phones, Candy Crush and Playstations.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 20:02]

Argus!

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:35 - Dec 8 with 1033 viewsFlashberryjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:32 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

I'd be surprised if it is a poor turn out.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 1024 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:35 - Dec 8 by Flashberryjack

I'd be surprised if it is a poor turn out.

I wouldn’t. It’s dark, cold, wet and windy and apparently everyone hates politicians. We’ll see.

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:44 - Dec 8 with 1021 viewsWarwickHunt

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:43 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

I wouldn’t. It’s dark, cold, wet and windy and apparently everyone hates politicians. We’ll see.

People are complaining about having to vote AGAIN! 😂
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:54 - Dec 8 with 1004 viewsmonmouth

I’ve been putting a lot of effort in getting my students off their arses on Thursday as has everyone else.

Unfortunately the most politically engaged generation is the next, so there is some hope. God knows what will be left after 5 years of Johnson.

Corbyn should just shoot himself because if we get Johnson it is purely down to him. Someone Half sensible would have a 200 seat majority.

Just like Clinton enabled Trump, Corbyn has fuelled Johnno.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:56 - Dec 8 with 996 viewsbluey_the_blue

God help those students when they find out all those free things Corbyn has promised have to be paid for.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:03 - Dec 8 with 981 viewsFlashberryjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:43 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

We will, then we'll argue about the people that didn't know what they voted for

Hello

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:09 - Dec 8 with 962 viewsWarwickHunt

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:03 - Dec 8 by Flashberryjack

We will, then we'll argue about the people that didn't know what they voted for

If Johnson gets a majority they’ll soon find out...
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:09 - Dec 8 with 962 viewsHumpty

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:54 - Dec 8 by monmouth

I’ve been putting a lot of effort in getting my students off their arses on Thursday as has everyone else.

Unfortunately the most politically engaged generation is the next, so there is some hope. God knows what will be left after 5 years of Johnson.

Corbyn should just shoot himself because if we get Johnson it is purely down to him. Someone Half sensible would have a 200 seat majority.

Just like Clinton enabled Trump, Corbyn has fuelled Johnno.

Out of interest what subject do you teach Mon?
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:14 - Dec 8 with 943 viewsFlashberryjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:09 - Dec 8 by WarwickHunt

If Johnson gets a majority they’ll soon find out...

And if Corbyn gets a majority they'll find out a lot sooner.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024