Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? 12:24 - Dec 5 with 29465 viewsDarran

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:21 - Dec 8 with 886 viewsWarwickHunt

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:54 - Dec 8 by monmouth

I’ve been putting a lot of effort in getting my students off their arses on Thursday as has everyone else.

Unfortunately the most politically engaged generation is the next, so there is some hope. God knows what will be left after 5 years of Johnson.

Corbyn should just shoot himself because if we get Johnson it is purely down to him. Someone Half sensible would have a 200 seat majority.

Just like Clinton enabled Trump, Corbyn has fuelled Johnno.

Yep...and Pidcock or Long-Bailey next in line for the next defeat.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/08/if-bo
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:23 - Dec 8 with 871 viewsmonmouth

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:21 - Dec 8 by WarwickHunt

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/08/if-bo

Jesus Christ.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:23 - Dec 8 with 871 viewsWarwickHunt

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:14 - Dec 8 by Flashberryjack

And if Corbyn gets a majority they'll find out a lot sooner.

Yeah - could happen. 😂
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:23 - Dec 8 with 862 viewsbluey_the_blue

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:21 - Dec 8 by WarwickHunt

Again, chances of a woman winning Labour leadership election next to nil.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:26 - Dec 8 with 857 viewsFlashberryjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 19:32 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

Turnout will be low because having an election in December is a spectacularly stupid idea. And we still insist on holding them on Thursdays for reasons I can’t fathom.

What month and day would you suggest ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:28 - Dec 8 with 853 viewsWarwickHunt

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:23 - Dec 8 by bluey_the_blue

Again, chances of a woman winning Labour leadership election next to nil.

Fûck me, Bluey - do deliberately try to get everything wrong or is it a gift?
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:31 - Dec 8 with 842 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:26 - Dec 8 by Flashberryjack

What month and day would you suggest ?

Well most elections have been held in the spring or summer months when there’s more daylight and the weather is more friendly. Seems sensible. As for day, I’d suggest Saturday or Sunday. Most countries have elections on the weekend. It’s the sensible thing to do. We have ours on Thursdays for historical reasons that haven’t been valid for decades.

Poll: Tory leader

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:36 - Dec 8 with 831 viewsbluey_the_blue

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:28 - Dec 8 by WarwickHunt

Fûck me, Bluey - do deliberately try to get everything wrong or is it a gift?

Sorry - chance is 0 based on every leadership contest...
Login to get fewer ads

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:36 - Dec 8 with 834 viewsCatullus

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 20:43 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

I wouldn’t. It’s dark, cold, wet and windy and apparently everyone hates politicians. We’ll see.

I agree and I think it's the older voters who will brave the elements. Maybe it's just me but when I'm out walking, to the shop, walking the dog, whatever, when the weather is bad it's only the oldies I see and I'm no spring chicken. When it's cold wet and windy the under 40's stay at home, or they jump in the car but if there's nowhere to park they just go home.

It's probably just me though, I do need a trip to specsavers.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:37 - Dec 8 with 827 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hate the last week. People have made their minds up, nothing is going to change unless a bombshell were to be dropped in the last few days.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:39 - Dec 8 with 829 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:37 - Dec 8 by bluey_the_blue

Hate the last week. People have made their minds up, nothing is going to change unless a bombshell were to be dropped in the last few days.

The experience of 2017 shows that to be false.

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:44 - Dec 8 with 809 viewsWarwickHunt

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:36 - Dec 8 by bluey_the_blue

Keep posting - the law of averages is bound to kick in eventually...
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:44 - Dec 8 with 808 viewsCatullus

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:39 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

Well last week I was a confirmed 'spoilt ballot' but this week I'm seriously considering an alternative though not for any very good or serious reason. I mean, lets give Corbyn a go because Boris is such an almighty cockwomble is hardly political science!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:44 - Dec 8 with 804 viewsbluey_the_blue

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:39 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

In 2017, we know the pollsters got it wrong. There was no real last minute swing, the vaunted "youthquake" never happened.

Similar this time, unless something happens.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:52 - Dec 8 with 792 viewsCatullus

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:44 - Dec 8 by bluey_the_blue

In 2017, we know the pollsters got it wrong. There was no real last minute swing, the vaunted "youthquake" never happened.

Similar this time, unless something happens.

Hasn't there been a surge in younger people registering to vote? Maybe the predicted youthquake was just a bit premature, maybe this year.....

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:55 - Dec 8 with 785 viewsbluey_the_blue

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:52 - Dec 8 by Catullus

Hasn't there been a surge in younger people registering to vote? Maybe the predicted youthquake was just a bit premature, maybe this year.....

Registering to vote only matters if they actually go out and vote. There's also the presumption all youth vote Labour. I tend to view it that youth lean more towards Labour through idealism, with life experience people tend to move away from that for the most part as they get older.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:56 - Dec 8 with 786 viewsFlashberryjack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:31 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

Well most elections have been held in the spring or summer months when there’s more daylight and the weather is more friendly. Seems sensible. As for day, I’d suggest Saturday or Sunday. Most countries have elections on the weekend. It’s the sensible thing to do. We have ours on Thursdays for historical reasons that haven’t been valid for decades.

A Saturday in spring it is then.

But i'm not sure if that would make any significant difference to the voting figures, though it would give the party that lost the election an excuse to argue for changing it back to a wet windy Thursday in December.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:56 - Dec 8 with 783 viewsHumpty

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:36 - Dec 8 by bluey_the_blue

As it was for the Tories until they did.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:58 - Dec 8 with 776 viewsbluey_the_blue

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:56 - Dec 8 by Humpty

As it was for the Tories until they did.

40 years ago...
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:59 - Dec 8 with 777 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:56 - Dec 8 by Flashberryjack

A Saturday in spring it is then.

But i'm not sure if that would make any significant difference to the voting figures, though it would give the party that lost the election an excuse to argue for changing it back to a wet windy Thursday in December.

Well in 2017 turnout was around 68%. Let’s see what Thursday brings. I’m sure you’ll let me know If I turn out to be wrong.

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:59 - Dec 8 with 776 viewsFireboy2

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 21:36 - Dec 8 by Catullus

I agree and I think it's the older voters who will brave the elements. Maybe it's just me but when I'm out walking, to the shop, walking the dog, whatever, when the weather is bad it's only the oldies I see and I'm no spring chicken. When it's cold wet and windy the under 40's stay at home, or they jump in the car but if there's nowhere to park they just go home.

It's probably just me though, I do need a trip to specsavers.

Aye that's correct.

And most of the fvcking coffin dodgers go to the newsagents to buy the daily mail or express.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 22:04 - Dec 8 with 764 viewsbluey_the_blue

And bombshell dropped, Tony Robinson has quit party saying current leadership is "sh1t".

Ok, maybe not a bombshell then.
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 22:11 - Dec 8 with 757 viewsWarwickHunt

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 22:04 - Dec 8 by bluey_the_blue

And bombshell dropped, Tony Robinson has quit party saying current leadership is "sh1t".

Ok, maybe not a bombshell then.

Any news from Mafeking?
Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 22:38 - Dec 8 with 743 viewsCatullus

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 22:11 - Dec 8 by WarwickHunt

Any news from Mafeking?

Nope, that's a relief eh. What about Ladysmith? Is she antisemitic or islamophobic...or both?

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 22:39 - Dec 8 with 742 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who’s going to win the 2019 General Election? on 18:31 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

Gower is being projected as a Tory gain at present. I mean it’s almost beyond belief, but there it is. I suspect the Tories will take Gower.

Look at the number of people on here that will have their lives damaged by that, and yet are voting for them.

Everybodies life will be damaged if Corbyn gets in.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024