Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? 21:55 - Dec 5 with 1668 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ?, could the Ospreys afford him for one ?, could Maria get taken on by a netball team over here with backing by some multi national company or other ?

Probably not much chance of it happening but it would be interesting if it did that's for sure.
She would possibly be a better bet than him in a commercial sense, but would anyone after the furore go for it ?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:59]
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:07 - Dec 6 with 511 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 16:53 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

If someone wrote exactly what he wrote on social media and it attracted as much attention nationally (not to mention internationally), then yes, the vast majority of working people in this country would absolutely be sacked for it.

What company would accept that level of negative publicity?

For most ordinary people it wouldn't attract media attention.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:18 - Dec 6 with 498 viewsSirjohnalot

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 14:32 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

Yes an 'out of court' settlement, no doubt because the employer at the last minute thought/realised they were likely to lose, the merits of Folau's case was strong [not talking about morally, the legal profession has no morals].
I mentioned to you before that money helps buy justice and the system favours people with money, interestingly and very unusually the employee might well have been in an equally strong if not stronger position financially than the employer, Folau had a war chest of millions donated by people to fight his case for wrongful dismissal, the employer very possibly could not afford to lose the millions and millions been claimed, nobody knows the settlement figure but a huge figure has been banned about in the press way above even what the worth of his full contract was.

As regards other jobs he's a rugby player not a barrister and I would say that the vast majority of working people in this country would not be sacked for doing what he did, don't forget lots of people are factory workers, office workers, shop workers etc.

Ok, we are back to legal profession having no morals line again.

That’s me out. Have a lovely weekend.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:23 - Dec 6 with 489 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:18 - Dec 6 by Sirjohnalot

Ok, we are back to legal profession having no morals line again.

That’s me out. Have a lovely weekend.

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick John, I think someone else was having that conversation with you not me anyway and I meant it in a legal profession black and white sense and not individuals within the legal profession.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:58 - Dec 6 with 464 viewsJackSomething

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:07 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

For most ordinary people it wouldn't attract media attention.

Then it doesn't equate to the Folau situation does it? Of course you wouldn't be sacked if no-one saw it. You could steal from your employer and not be sacked if no-one noticed.

You started off comparing like-for-like, now you're shifting the argument to avoid being proven wrong.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:59 - Dec 6 with 464 viewsladyjack

I think Perch has a lot to answer for he can easily confuse your average barrister and then others end up getting the blame.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 18:09 - Dec 6 with 457 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 17:58 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

Then it doesn't equate to the Folau situation does it? Of course you wouldn't be sacked if no-one saw it. You could steal from your employer and not be sacked if no-one noticed.

You started off comparing like-for-like, now you're shifting the argument to avoid being proven wrong.

Yes it does not equate to the Folau situation, what like for like situation was I talking about ?,
I think that most of the working population would get away with it and you don't but that cant be proven one way or the other unless everyone was done for the same thing as Folau.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:02 - Dec 6 with 423 viewsJackSomething

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 18:09 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

Yes it does not equate to the Folau situation, what like for like situation was I talking about ?,
I think that most of the working population would get away with it and you don't but that cant be proven one way or the other unless everyone was done for the same thing as Folau.

It can be proven with common sense Trampie.

If someone posts what Folau did, they're taking a risk that it gets back to their bosses. Maybe it goes viral. Of course it's less likely than with Folau, the average person doesn't have anything like as visible a social media presence, but you are still taking a risk. If that did happen, you would almost certainly be sacked and I would wager any employment tribunal would find in your employer's favour.

Most of the working population would get away with it only because few people would see it. Comparing a famous sportsman to the average person in this case is a false equivalency and it's pointless talking to you if you can't accept that.

Folau knew his words were would be seen by a huge amount of people and would be picked up by media outlets worldwide. He'd already been warned about doing this by Rugby Australia before and chose to do it again. He has freedom of speech of course, but that doesn't mean your free speech doesn't have ramifications. Rugby Australia realised they had to sack him. Of course Folau showed his true colours as a bully then, happy to dish out hate speech but unable to handle the fallout of his actions.

If you want to carry on defending him with silly comparisons then go ahead, I'm out. You'd think I would have seen enough from your other threads to not engage, more fool me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:06 - Dec 6 with 416 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:02 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

It can be proven with common sense Trampie.

If someone posts what Folau did, they're taking a risk that it gets back to their bosses. Maybe it goes viral. Of course it's less likely than with Folau, the average person doesn't have anything like as visible a social media presence, but you are still taking a risk. If that did happen, you would almost certainly be sacked and I would wager any employment tribunal would find in your employer's favour.

Most of the working population would get away with it only because few people would see it. Comparing a famous sportsman to the average person in this case is a false equivalency and it's pointless talking to you if you can't accept that.

Folau knew his words were would be seen by a huge amount of people and would be picked up by media outlets worldwide. He'd already been warned about doing this by Rugby Australia before and chose to do it again. He has freedom of speech of course, but that doesn't mean your free speech doesn't have ramifications. Rugby Australia realised they had to sack him. Of course Folau showed his true colours as a bully then, happy to dish out hate speech but unable to handle the fallout of his actions.

If you want to carry on defending him with silly comparisons then go ahead, I'm out. You'd think I would have seen enough from your other threads to not engage, more fool me.

You say you would wager that the employer would win yet the employer backed down in Folau's case and paid him off.
Login to get fewer ads

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:15 - Dec 6 with 408 viewslondonlisa2001

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:06 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

You say you would wager that the employer would win yet the employer backed down in Folau's case and paid him off.

You’ve forgotten you’re supposed to be a Plaid supporter again haven’t you?
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:33 - Dec 6 with 396 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:41 - Dec 6 with 393 viewslondonlisa2001

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:33 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

How apt that you should post something from a parody account.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:42 - Dec 6 with 389 viewsladyjack

Rolling in money.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 15:18 - Jan 30 with 257 viewsladyjack

Seems like the Welsh teams have missed out on Folau.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024