Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? 21:55 - Dec 5 with 1667 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ?, could the Ospreys afford him for one ?, could Maria get taken on by a netball team over here with backing by some multi national company or other ?

Probably not much chance of it happening but it would be interesting if it did that's for sure.
She would possibly be a better bet than him in a commercial sense, but would anyone after the furore go for it ?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:59]
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:05 - Dec 5 with 1141 viewsDarran

Absolutely not he should be unemployable.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:21 - Dec 5 with 1114 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:05 - Dec 5 by Darran

Absolutely not he should be unemployable.

You think he should be unemployable for being a devout Christian ?
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:21 - Dec 5 with 1110 viewsSirjohnalot

Would be commercial suicide. What sponsors or players would want to be associated with that man ?
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:28 - Dec 5 with 1099 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:21 - Dec 5 by Sirjohnalot

Would be commercial suicide. What sponsors or players would want to be associated with that man ?

Perhaps it would show that a company believes in religious freedom.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:29 - Dec 5 with 1097 viewslondonlisa2001

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:28 - Dec 5 by ladyjack

Careful Trampie. You seem to be forgetting that you pretend to support Plaid.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:34 - Dec 5 with 1080 viewsDarran

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:21 - Dec 5 by ladyjack

You think he should be unemployable for being a devout Christian ?

No I think he should be unemployable for publicly spouting his abhorrent opinions.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:35 - Dec 5 with 1080 viewsstevethejack

Who is he?
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:36 - Dec 5 with 1077 viewsSirjohnalot

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:28 - Dec 5 by ladyjack

There’s also freedom to live one’s life lovIng whomever you want without being condemned to hell by a bigot.

Both my parents are very religious but they’d never spout vitriol like that against people
Login to get fewer ads

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:39 - Dec 5 with 1069 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:36 - Dec 5 by Sirjohnalot

There’s also freedom to live one’s life lovIng whomever you want without being condemned to hell by a bigot.

Both my parents are very religious but they’d never spout vitriol like that against people

They might not spout it, but what do they privately think ?
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:41 - Dec 5 with 1061 viewslondonlisa2001

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:36 - Dec 5 by Sirjohnalot

Anyone who spouts opinions as this idiot and his wife have done are as far away from being a Christian, devout or otherwise, as it’s possible to be.

Actual Christians deplore such hatred. As I imagine your parents would.

Trampie is just an internet troll who regularly spouts bigoted nonsense in a vain attempt to provoke anger or hurt. He mainly seems to provoke boredom or disdain as far as I can tell.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:43 - Dec 5 with 1048 viewsSirjohnalot

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:39 - Dec 5 by ladyjack

They might not spout it, but what do they privately think ?

That’s between them and their God. That’s the difference. Their thoughts are private and they’re entitled to them.

He’s incredibly influential, with a huge following. His tweets are seen by millions and could have devastating effect on someone coming to terms with their sexuality. He was warned previously and continued to promote hate.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 23:08 - Dec 5 with 1025 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 22:43 - Dec 5 by Sirjohnalot

That’s between them and their God. That’s the difference. Their thoughts are private and they’re entitled to them.

He’s incredibly influential, with a huge following. His tweets are seen by millions and could have devastating effect on someone coming to terms with their sexuality. He was warned previously and continued to promote hate.

That first paragraph is an interesting, honest and telling answer Sirjohnalot, its what I thought the real truthful answer would be but i'm so used to disingenuous Lisa, Lohengrin and Bluey responses and agendas on here that I wasn't necessarily expecting such an answer.
I will look out for your posts in the future.

As regards Maria she apparently only retweeted [if that is the right phrase for the particular platform used] his funding page thingy and has done nothing else, she has apparently always been a well respected highly marketable sportswoman I think Adidas backed her at one time [not sure if they still do], she has about 100k Instagram followers, netball over here with females is a huge sport nowhere near fully exploited I seen some figures tonight saying there are 92,000 affiliated members with at least one million women playing netball every week, they seemed to be talking about England [unbelievable figures but its clearly very popular] and Maria is very marketable and could be a model, it might be shallow but sponsors like that.
He would be an issue with lots of sponsors I would guess but she should would be a better bet but would she be tainted by association ?, that would be unfair but possible.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 7:17]
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 06:24 - Dec 6 with 965 viewsdameedna

I missed this thread. His and his wife's behaviour is appalling. She must be in a real tricky spot despite the cover ups to date.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 06:49 - Dec 6 with 950 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 06:24 - Dec 6 by dameedna

I missed this thread. His and his wife's behaviour is appalling. She must be in a real tricky spot despite the cover ups to date.

What's the wife done ?
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 06:51 - Dec 6 with 947 viewsjack247

I think his views are warped and abhorrent. Obviously extremely bigoted. I do however find it difficult to judge him if he genuinely believes he’s on some kind of crusade on behalf of his god. Extreme religion can poison peoples minds.

In terms of Ospreys or anyone else employing him (someone will), while I can understand he’s saying what he believes to be gods will, you have to take everyone else’s beliefs and standards into account and outside of his own mind, what he’s repeatedly said is just not acceptable. Steer well clear.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 06:55 - Dec 6 with 941 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 06:51 - Dec 6 by jack247

I think his views are warped and abhorrent. Obviously extremely bigoted. I do however find it difficult to judge him if he genuinely believes he’s on some kind of crusade on behalf of his god. Extreme religion can poison peoples minds.

In terms of Ospreys or anyone else employing him (someone will), while I can understand he’s saying what he believes to be gods will, you have to take everyone else’s beliefs and standards into account and outside of his own mind, what he’s repeatedly said is just not acceptable. Steer well clear.

Homosexual acts between certain people was a criminal offence until fairly recently in these islands.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:08 - Dec 6 with 927 viewsSirjohnalot

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 23:08 - Dec 5 by ladyjack

That first paragraph is an interesting, honest and telling answer Sirjohnalot, its what I thought the real truthful answer would be but i'm so used to disingenuous Lisa, Lohengrin and Bluey responses and agendas on here that I wasn't necessarily expecting such an answer.
I will look out for your posts in the future.

As regards Maria she apparently only retweeted [if that is the right phrase for the particular platform used] his funding page thingy and has done nothing else, she has apparently always been a well respected highly marketable sportswoman I think Adidas backed her at one time [not sure if they still do], she has about 100k Instagram followers, netball over here with females is a huge sport nowhere near fully exploited I seen some figures tonight saying there are 92,000 affiliated members with at least one million women playing netball every week, they seemed to be talking about England [unbelievable figures but its clearly very popular] and Maria is very marketable and could be a model, it might be shallow but sponsors like that.
He would be an issue with lots of sponsors I would guess but she should would be a better bet but would she be tainted by association ?, that would be unfair but possible.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 7:17]

I’m saying they have those views, simply that if they did , they wouldn’t be saying them in such a way that would hurt or upset people.

They’re kind and very loving people, surrendered so much ( not that we had much) to make me what I am today, without whom I’d be nothing. Very essence of Christianity.

The reason why I so object to what he has done is that it’ typifies what my dad has always said ‘there’s a difference between someone who is a Christian and someone who’s religious ‘
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:14 - Dec 6 with 918 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:08 - Dec 6 by Sirjohnalot

I’m saying they have those views, simply that if they did , they wouldn’t be saying them in such a way that would hurt or upset people.

They’re kind and very loving people, surrendered so much ( not that we had much) to make me what I am today, without whom I’d be nothing. Very essence of Christianity.

The reason why I so object to what he has done is that it’ typifies what my dad has always said ‘there’s a difference between someone who is a Christian and someone who’s religious ‘

Yes indeed, another variation is there are better Christians that don't go to Church than those that do.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:16 - Dec 6 with 913 viewsSirjohnalot

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:14 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

Yes indeed, another variation is there are better Christians that don't go to Church than those that do.

Absolutely
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:27 - Dec 6 with 899 viewsladyjack

We have gone from jailing people for being homosexuals to sacking people from their jobs for thinking homosexuality is wrong in a relatively short space of time and of course England still has a state religion, the same religion that was jailing homosexuals not that long ago.

From a rules/legal point of view I don't know what the Aussie rugby authorities were thinking and that was compounded by what was said not to be in his contract, if there is implications for Aussie teams receiving less revenue [some talk of insurance] because Folau is being paid out then can the head of Aussie rugby survive this and keep her job ? [which in a way would be ironic if she didn't].

Some people say that they don't agree with what people say but they will defend the right for them to say it [what are the limits to that phrase would be the next question I suppose and what time limit a decade, a century etc before something is universally unacceptable ].
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 14:43]
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:41 - Dec 6 with 881 viewsSirjohnalot

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:27 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

We have gone from jailing people for being homosexuals to sacking people from their jobs for thinking homosexuality is wrong in a relatively short space of time and of course England still has a state religion, the same religion that was jailing homosexuals not that long ago.

From a rules/legal point of view I don't know what the Aussie rugby authorities were thinking and that was compounded by what was said not to be in his contract, if there is implications for Aussie teams receiving less revenue [some talk of insurance] because Folau is being paid out then can the head of Aussie rugby survive this and keep her job ? [which in a way would be ironic if she didn't].

Some people say that they don't agree with what people say but they will defend the right for them to say it [what are the limits to that phrase would be the next question I suppose and what time limit a decade, a century etc before something is universally unacceptable ].
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 14:43]

It was an ‘out of court ‘ settlement meaning no liability was accepted. Like I said above, it’s not about what he thinks rather than what he said publicly and disgracefully.

If I were to say such a thing on social media, I’d be brought in front of the Bar Standards Board and very likely be suspended at the very least. It’s happened to other people.

I’d imagine the thought behind it was to pay him off and get rid of it so they can move on post World Cup.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 14:32 - Dec 6 with 782 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 07:41 - Dec 6 by Sirjohnalot

It was an ‘out of court ‘ settlement meaning no liability was accepted. Like I said above, it’s not about what he thinks rather than what he said publicly and disgracefully.

If I were to say such a thing on social media, I’d be brought in front of the Bar Standards Board and very likely be suspended at the very least. It’s happened to other people.

I’d imagine the thought behind it was to pay him off and get rid of it so they can move on post World Cup.

Yes an 'out of court' settlement, no doubt because the employer at the last minute thought/realised they were likely to lose, the merits of Folau's case was strong [not talking about morally, the legal profession has no morals].
I mentioned to you before that money helps buy justice and the system favours people with money, interestingly and very unusually the employee might well have been in an equally strong if not stronger position financially than the employer, Folau had a war chest of millions donated by people to fight his case for wrongful dismissal, the employer very possibly could not afford to lose the millions and millions been claimed, nobody knows the settlement figure but a huge figure has been banned about in the press way above even what the worth of his full contract was.

As regards other jobs he's a rugby player not a barrister and I would say that the vast majority of working people in this country would not be sacked for doing what he did, don't forget lots of people are factory workers, office workers, shop workers etc.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 14:53 - Dec 6 with 761 viewsJackSomething

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 14:32 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

Yes an 'out of court' settlement, no doubt because the employer at the last minute thought/realised they were likely to lose, the merits of Folau's case was strong [not talking about morally, the legal profession has no morals].
I mentioned to you before that money helps buy justice and the system favours people with money, interestingly and very unusually the employee might well have been in an equally strong if not stronger position financially than the employer, Folau had a war chest of millions donated by people to fight his case for wrongful dismissal, the employer very possibly could not afford to lose the millions and millions been claimed, nobody knows the settlement figure but a huge figure has been banned about in the press way above even what the worth of his full contract was.

As regards other jobs he's a rugby player not a barrister and I would say that the vast majority of working people in this country would not be sacked for doing what he did, don't forget lots of people are factory workers, office workers, shop workers etc.

The problem with settling out of court to avoid the costs involved and the knowledge that you can lose even if you have a strong case (been discussed as regards the Trust and the Americans enough on this forum), is that you'll always get people claiming they settled because they were likely to lose. No evidence of course.

I think you'll find that people in 'normal' jobs have been sacked for things they've posted online. If someone in a 'normal' job posted what Folau did and it attracted widespread attention/went viral, then they'd quite likely be sacked for damaging their employer's reputation.

Seriously, type 'sacked for social media post' into the search engine of your choice and you'll see plenty of examples.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 15:00 - Dec 6 with 750 viewsladyjack

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 14:53 - Dec 6 by JackSomething

The problem with settling out of court to avoid the costs involved and the knowledge that you can lose even if you have a strong case (been discussed as regards the Trust and the Americans enough on this forum), is that you'll always get people claiming they settled because they were likely to lose. No evidence of course.

I think you'll find that people in 'normal' jobs have been sacked for things they've posted online. If someone in a 'normal' job posted what Folau did and it attracted widespread attention/went viral, then they'd quite likely be sacked for damaging their employer's reputation.

Seriously, type 'sacked for social media post' into the search engine of your choice and you'll see plenty of examples.

I don't dispute that people get sacked all the time for posting on social media, I said that I thought that the ''vast majority of working people in this country would not be sacked for doing what he did''.
Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 16:53 - Dec 6 with 714 viewsJackSomething

Should the Ospreys go in for Izzy Folau ? on 15:00 - Dec 6 by ladyjack

I don't dispute that people get sacked all the time for posting on social media, I said that I thought that the ''vast majority of working people in this country would not be sacked for doing what he did''.

If someone wrote exactly what he wrote on social media and it attracted as much attention nationally (not to mention internationally), then yes, the vast majority of working people in this country would absolutely be sacked for it.

What company would accept that level of negative publicity?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024