Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper on Contracts 15:38 - Dec 6 with 3638 views34dfgdf54

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-coopers-message

Over to Birchy
Cooper on Contracts on 15:46 - Dec 6 with 2475 viewsthornabyswan

Hopefully the club will get sold before the end of the season.

Yanks wont invest a penny and we will do well to assemble any kind of competitive squad next season if they are still here.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 15:46]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper on Contracts on 16:00 - Dec 6 with 2429 viewsLeonWasGod

A bit casual aren't we? We may not be half way through the season, but players can start talking to other clubs in 3 weeks time....
Cooper on Contracts on 17:23 - Dec 6 with 2349 viewsoldcob

Cooper has the amazing knack of using lots of words to tell you nothing.
Cooper on Contracts on 17:26 - Dec 6 with 2337 viewsLeonWasGod

Cooper on Contracts on 17:23 - Dec 6 by oldcob

Cooper has the amazing knack of using lots of words to tell you nothing.

Yep, I’v noticed that quite a lot lately. Like his comments around Mike - several sentences to say that and CBs who play are important. The insight is astounding!
Cooper on Contracts on 17:50 - Dec 6 with 2304 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper on Contracts on 17:26 - Dec 6 by LeonWasGod

Yep, I’v noticed that quite a lot lately. Like his comments around Mike - several sentences to say that and CBs who play are important. The insight is astounding!

Blends in well with the rest of them.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper on Contracts on 18:03 - Dec 6 with 2282 viewspencoedjack

Some team are going to have a very decent centre half on a free transfer.

Bad management not selling him in the summer or have him sign a new contract.

Quite a few of the others will end up in league 1 or lower.
Cooper on Contracts on 19:57 - Dec 6 with 2179 viewsmonmouth

Van der Hoorn is absolutely at the level that tops out his ability. Not a premier league player as long as he has a hole in his arse.

I’m sure he can get a pay rise somewhere though, or maybe back in the Dutch leagues.

We would miss him though of course. He is as good as we’re going to get in our current incarnation. What’s Chico up to these days?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper on Contracts on 20:44 - Dec 6 with 2124 viewspembsjack

Its a given in football that contracts run out and players move on, my concern is, who(if anyone) we are going to replace them with.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on Contracts on 20:48 - Dec 6 with 2115 viewsdobjack2

Cooper on Contracts on 20:44 - Dec 6 by pembsjack

Its a given in football that contracts run out and players move on, my concern is, who(if anyone) we are going to replace them with.

Cheap loans and signings unless of course we sell the likes of Roberts Roden and Cabango. Of course we would then have to replace them as well.
Cooper on Contracts on 23:19 - Dec 6 with 2027 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper on Contracts on 19:57 - Dec 6 by monmouth

Van der Hoorn is absolutely at the level that tops out his ability. Not a premier league player as long as he has a hole in his arse.

I’m sure he can get a pay rise somewhere though, or maybe back in the Dutch leagues.

We would miss him though of course. He is as good as we’re going to get in our current incarnation. What’s Chico up to these days?

I reckon he will go to another Championship team, probably a top end team looking to compete, can’t see it being a PL team and can’t see Dutch teams having the wedge to compete.
Cooper on Contracts on 23:21 - Dec 6 with 2024 viewsTNT

Cooper on Contracts on 23:19 - Dec 6 by majorraglan

I reckon he will go to another Championship team, probably a top end team looking to compete, can’t see it being a PL team and can’t see Dutch teams having the wedge to compete.

Top end team? What's that then?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Cooper on Contracts on 23:24 - Dec 6 with 2017 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper on Contracts on 23:21 - Dec 6 by TNT

Top end team? What's that then?

Bristol City or Forest type team, not good enough to go up but with the aspirations.
Cooper on Contracts on 23:25 - Dec 6 with 2011 viewsTNT

Cooper on Contracts on 23:24 - Dec 6 by majorraglan

Bristol City or Forest type team, not good enough to go up but with the aspirations.

Don't rate them any better than us tbh mate.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 23:26]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Cooper on Contracts on 00:36 - Dec 7 with 1957 viewsBadlands

Cooper on Contracts on 15:46 - Dec 6 by thornabyswan

Hopefully the club will get sold before the end of the season.

Yanks wont invest a penny and we will do well to assemble any kind of competitive squad next season if they are still here.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 15:46]

The 61% holder of shares will put in the same finances as the block owners (the 21%).
we will do well to assemble any kind of competitive squad next season if they are still here - said the season before last and last season.
We have a stable club and a good squad. My only gripe is the squad is wasted on a rookie manager.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper on Contracts on 08:50 - Dec 7 with 1829 viewsWhiterockin

Erwin Mulder
Mike van der Hoorn
Kyle Naughton
Tom Carroll
Yan Dhanda
Nathan Dyer
Wayne Routledge
Borja Baston
Jefferson Montero
Cian Harries
Courtney Baker-Richardson
Taking into consideration age, they will all be a year older next season and wage expectancy. I would probably only offer a new deal to VDH Naughton and Harries.
Cooper on Contracts on 09:32 - Dec 7 with 1799 viewsNotLoyal

I've seen managers tow the party line many times, but Cooper...
Looked down, frustrated and couldn't wait to get out of that press conference.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper on Contracts on 09:41 - Dec 7 with 1787 viewsTimTtam

Cooper on Contracts on 08:50 - Dec 7 by Whiterockin

Erwin Mulder
Mike van der Hoorn
Kyle Naughton
Tom Carroll
Yan Dhanda
Nathan Dyer
Wayne Routledge
Borja Baston
Jefferson Montero
Cian Harries
Taking into consideration age, they will all be a year older next season and wage expectancy. I would probably only offer a new deal to VDH Naughton and Harries.

I'd give the following contracts:
Mulder - We'll need him when we lose Woodman and Nordfeldt.
Naughton - Still has plenty to offer at this level.
Dhanda - Hoping he can develop into a good player.
Mike & Borja - Simply to try and get a fee when they both leave at the end of the season.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper on Contracts on 13:21 - Dec 7 with 1696 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper on Contracts on 09:41 - Dec 7 by TimTtam

I'd give the following contracts:
Mulder - We'll need him when we lose Woodman and Nordfeldt.
Naughton - Still has plenty to offer at this level.
Dhanda - Hoping he can develop into a good player.
Mike & Borja - Simply to try and get a fee when they both leave at the end of the season.

How would we get a fee for VDH and Borja when they walk away at the end of the season?
Cooper on Contracts on 14:01 - Dec 7 with 1677 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper on Contracts on 00:36 - Dec 7 by Badlands

The 61% holder of shares will put in the same finances as the block owners (the 21%).
we will do well to assemble any kind of competitive squad next season if they are still here - said the season before last and last season.
We have a stable club and a good squad. My only gripe is the squad is wasted on a rookie manager.

16 out of contract or loans expiring.
Revenue drops yet again.

Just about everything that is not nailed down has been sold.

Where do you envisage the money coming from then to assemble a new team.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 14:04]

Cooper on Contracts on 15:00 - Dec 7 with 1630 viewsTimTtam

Cooper on Contracts on 13:21 - Dec 7 by Whiterockin

How would we get a fee for VDH and Borja when they walk away at the end of the season?

If they sign new contracts, then other clubs will have to pay a fee to get them. They're good enough to cost a few million each. Plus the new contracts would ensure their new clubs won't have to pay PL wages.

The whole reason Mike was given a 1-year contract at the end of last season was that if he did leave, the club would be compensated financially. The same thing could be done again, providing Mike wants to sign it.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper on Contracts on 15:21 - Dec 7 with 1612 viewspencoedjack

Cooper on Contracts on 15:00 - Dec 7 by TimTtam

If they sign new contracts, then other clubs will have to pay a fee to get them. They're good enough to cost a few million each. Plus the new contracts would ensure their new clubs won't have to pay PL wages.

The whole reason Mike was given a 1-year contract at the end of last season was that if he did leave, the club would be compensated financially. The same thing could be done again, providing Mike wants to sign it.

Why would he sign a new contract with us when he can negotiate a signing on fee for himself & bigger wages due to signing for his new club on a free?

Ramsey did the same when he signed for Juve
Cooper on Contracts on 16:37 - Dec 7 with 1553 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper on Contracts on 08:50 - Dec 7 by Whiterockin

Erwin Mulder
Mike van der Hoorn
Kyle Naughton
Tom Carroll
Yan Dhanda
Nathan Dyer
Wayne Routledge
Borja Baston
Jefferson Montero
Cian Harries

It is a lot of players running down contracts in one window but in reality we probably would only want to retain VdH, Nauts & maybe Mulder (on the assumption that both Freddie & Nordfelt exit).

The bigger challenge will be re-building a squad for next season.
Cooper on Contracts on 18:54 - Dec 7 with 1437 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on Contracts on 09:32 - Dec 7 by NotLoyal

I've seen managers tow the party line many times, but Cooper...
Looked down, frustrated and couldn't wait to get out of that press conference.

Yep thought same
Cooper on Contracts on 19:42 - Dec 7 with 1404 viewsLuther27

Cooper on Contracts on 18:54 - Dec 7 by 34dfgdf54

Yep thought same

Thing is, if you were loosing your job in a few months would you leave it to the last minute to look for another job or get your agent to find you one now. I'm referring to the players and not Cooper.
Cooper on Contracts on 20:21 - Dec 7 with 1375 viewsDr_Winston

Yay, more experts in body language.

We've always been late in opening contract negotiations. That part goes as far back as the last time we were at this level. To a certain extent Birch's hands are tied as we simply don't know what level of income there will be in six months time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024