Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS 11:35 - Dec 7 with 1242 viewsdurham_exile

Another very busy week, so only time for the briefest of previews.

The Ammies are in Town under the stewardship of Graham Alexander. Salford City Reds should be despatched today, our first ever meeting.

Colchester must start strong and take the game to their opponents. All this first half tardiness and sloppy start must be exiled today.

JM must get things sorted because to capitulate so weakly midweek was unacceptable.
That leaves only two routes to Wembley now.

There will be no excuse for another Cheltenham or Stevenage.

On a traditionally poor Saturday for attendance with Christmas shopping, the hustings and spending money in the club shop, the crowd will be meagre at the JSCS.

2,501 (including Wessex).

Ryan Jackson is out and so is Paris Cowan-Hall. Ben Stevenson should not be risked because we need him against Scunny and at OT.

Chuck Norris is back and has been fed some red meat.

Team

Gerken

Wiredu Eastman Prosser Bramall

Senior Pell Comley Harriott

Norris Nouble

Subs:

Ross Clampin Sowunmi Stevenson Poku Brown Robinson

Weather 9 degrees Celsius and sunny - ideal weather for footie.

3-0 to the super U's and bring on the Iron.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 12:59 - Dec 7 with 873 viewsGOSBTS

Yep, nothing less than 3 points required. I’m going for 3-1.

Watch out for Richie Towell. Former Albion player and was playing for Rotherham in the Champ last season regularly. I suspect he was lured to Salford for money and is thus better than League Two quality.

Have a winter fair at work today so shan’t be there. Up the U’s!
Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 13:14 - Dec 7 with 866 viewswessex_exile

Is that your line-up or the line-up Durham? I’m hoping Poku will start (or I have predictions to change )

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 15:09 - Dec 7 with 854 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 13:14 - Dec 7 by wessex_exile

Is that your line-up or the line-up Durham? I’m hoping Poku will start (or I have predictions to change )

Wessex that was my line up JM has chosen

Gerken
Jackson Eastman Prosser Bramall
Comley Pell Senior
Poku Norris Nouble

Currently 0-0 7 mins

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 15:36 - Dec 7 with 849 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 15:09 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

Wessex that was my line up JM has chosen

Gerken
Jackson Eastman Prosser Bramall
Comley Pell Senior
Poku Norris Nouble

Currently 0-0 7 mins

Our ability to score early goal or goals at home has dried up.

34 mins 0-0

JM wants to make the JSCS a difficult place for people to come well score early and you're
Half way there.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 15:50 - Dec 7 with 845 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 15:36 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

Our ability to score early goal or goals at home has dried up.

34 mins 0-0

JM wants to make the JSCS a difficult place for people to come well score early and you're
Half way there.

UTU's

HT 0-0

11 shots 2 on target
70% possession
Time to get it sorted second half
306 passes
81% pass accuracy

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:22 - Dec 7 with 840 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 15:50 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

HT 0-0

11 shots 2 on target
70% possession
Time to get it sorted second half
306 passes
81% pass accuracy

UTU's

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:33 - Dec 7 with 836 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:22 - Dec 7 by gerry_us

Jackson off Lapslie on

Poku off Gambin on

75 mins 0-0

Our poor home form continues

Also Scunny winning at FGR just nice for next Saturday.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:37 - Dec 7 with 834 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:33 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

Jackson off Lapslie on

Poku off Gambin on

75 mins 0-0

Our poor home form continues

Also Scunny winning at FGR just nice for next Saturday.

UTU's

If. Robinson is not going to play then he should go back to Southend now

Junior must be in contention next Saturday

UTU's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:40 - Dec 7 with 832 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:37 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

If. Robinson is not going to play then he should go back to Southend now

Junior must be in contention next Saturday

UTU's

Right on cue Robinson on for Chuck

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:42 - Dec 7 with 831 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:40 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

Right on cue Robinson on for Chuck

Come on if we can't score early then let's score late

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:50 - Dec 7 with 829 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:42 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

Come on if we can't score early then let's score late

UTU's

Harry Pell get in

1-0

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:51 - Dec 7 with 828 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:50 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

Harry Pell get in

1-0

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:52 - Dec 7 with 827 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:51 - Dec 7 by gerry_us

1-0 FT
95 mins

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:55 - Dec 7 with 824 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:52 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

1-0 FT
95 mins

Attendance 3,713

Surprising given shopping and hustings

Hope they've all bought their OT tickets

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 19:38 - Dec 7 with 789 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 16:55 - Dec 7 by durham_exile

Attendance 3,713

Surprising given shopping and hustings

Hope they've all bought their OT tickets

UTU's

Just watched the highlights - great header from Pell good placement.

Fantastic three points today.

Bring on the Iron.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 20:01 - Dec 7 with 785 viewsGOSBTS

What a moment that must have been today at the JCS! Pell's post-match interview with Radio Essex was excellent and so honest. He feels he deserves a goal due to how hard he has worked and how dark some moments in his recovery have been. When asked how he would celebrate tonight, he said he'd have a cold beer and "bloody enjoy" watching his goal back - class!

Up the never-say-die U's!
Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 20:09 - Dec 7 with 778 viewsburnsieespana

Well done Harry Pell. Good header at the last gasp.
We played our best football last ten minutes of each half.
All credit to the team digging deep and Tom L a revelation at full back when Jackson, to me appeared to limp off.
Glad I made the effort to go with my son as was at his, in Woking ladt night so tossed up whether Woking or Colchester so back to Spain tomorrow with a smile.
This was the type of game we must win.
Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 20:33 - Dec 7 with 770 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 20:01 - Dec 7 by GOSBTS

What a moment that must have been today at the JCS! Pell's post-match interview with Radio Essex was excellent and so honest. He feels he deserves a goal due to how hard he has worked and how dark some moments in his recovery have been. When asked how he would celebrate tonight, he said he'd have a cold beer and "bloody enjoy" watching his goal back - class!

Up the never-say-die U's!

GWR WiFi not up to playing the highlights for me to relive, but trust me it was one hell of a moment in real time. Even though it was overall a relatively poor game, there’s no debate that the result was deserved. Considering we rarely got out of 3rd gear, particularly first half, if Salford City are genuine play-off contenders, we ought to be a shoe-in.

Delighted for Harry, and his celebrations at the end showed just how pumped he was too!

Up the U’s!!!

Up the U's

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 21:02 - Dec 7 with 761 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 20:33 - Dec 7 by wessex_exile

GWR WiFi not up to playing the highlights for me to relive, but trust me it was one hell of a moment in real time. Even though it was overall a relatively poor game, there’s no debate that the result was deserved. Considering we rarely got out of 3rd gear, particularly first half, if Salford City are genuine play-off contenders, we ought to be a shoe-in.

Delighted for Harry, and his celebrations at the end showed just how pumped he was too!

Up the U’s!!!

Hope that this goal transforms Pell's season and helps him get back to his best.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 08:21 - Dec 8 with 720 viewsbwildered

All teams with progression from L2exit will sometime or other will require the late show down.
U's had the better first half and with Salford upping the ante after half time, looked the better side thereafter and without doubt would have gone away from the JCS with something if they had not squandered several decent chances.
However Salford defended stoutly in the final minutes but were felled by a close range Pell header after a deft flick on by big Frank, which gave the keeper no change to react .
Three late points, but they all count. Special mention of Bramhall, though he had his best game in a U's shirt to date .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 08:55 - Dec 8 with 717 viewsnoah4x4

Delighted to have the company of Wessex Exile in the back row of S2. With 90+1 on the clock we agreed terrible match/performance but a minute later joined the other ecstatic fans dad-dancing having forgotten the previously hour and a half crock of shi5e. Need to get past Old Trafford as I am sure that is on the mind of some players.Hopefully we can despatch lowly Scunny and then get focussed again.

A deserved ultimate result, but we were awful in front of goal. Our attackers seem to have forgotten that it is a team game and only seem to value goals for themselves not assists for their colleagues. Norris and Senior particularly guilty of wasting opportunities when they could have provided tap-ins for others.

Norris and Robinson (or Brown) are not going to get us out of this division so I am hoping that in January we get a striker that can (or Junior makes the grade).

Pell still below his best, I prefer Stevenson and I feel we must drop one of Senior or Poku. Both have great individual skills, but I don't think they gel together. We instantly improved once Poku was withdrawn for the more robust Gambin (but I thought Poku had a better game than MOM Senior (what game were the sponsors watching?). Don't think we are missing Szmodics except Sammie knew where the goal was.

At least Prosser didn't have another nightmare, albeit he had his moments. But overall a crucial 3 points.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 8:57]
Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 10:55 - Dec 8 with 695 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 08:55 - Dec 8 by noah4x4

Delighted to have the company of Wessex Exile in the back row of S2. With 90+1 on the clock we agreed terrible match/performance but a minute later joined the other ecstatic fans dad-dancing having forgotten the previously hour and a half crock of shi5e. Need to get past Old Trafford as I am sure that is on the mind of some players.Hopefully we can despatch lowly Scunny and then get focussed again.

A deserved ultimate result, but we were awful in front of goal. Our attackers seem to have forgotten that it is a team game and only seem to value goals for themselves not assists for their colleagues. Norris and Senior particularly guilty of wasting opportunities when they could have provided tap-ins for others.

Norris and Robinson (or Brown) are not going to get us out of this division so I am hoping that in January we get a striker that can (or Junior makes the grade).

Pell still below his best, I prefer Stevenson and I feel we must drop one of Senior or Poku. Both have great individual skills, but I don't think they gel together. We instantly improved once Poku was withdrawn for the more robust Gambin (but I thought Poku had a better game than MOM Senior (what game were the sponsors watching?). Don't think we are missing Szmodics except Sammie knew where the goal was.

At least Prosser didn't have another nightmare, albeit he had his moments. But overall a crucial 3 points.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 8:57]

Totally concur.
Agree that maybe Junior can be what we need - but maybe it is also Poku - but YES, without Senior. They do not work well together. Senior had a better game yesterday but was never MoM and frankly never 'works well' with any colleague at all. He is a spoiler of attacks and can't shoot. Nope, Norris is never going to get us out of this division, nor Robinson and Brown remains an enigma. He must be tried surely!? Sometime? Somehow?
I can dream......maybe we will sign Slew in January and give our forward line a shake up. I could see him getting on the end of some of Frank's wasted work.
I agree it was a poor game and the chances we missed were woeful............but like you the goal at the end changes one's perspective......for a while.
I too prefer Stevenson and Gambin on the pitch. Pell is either unfit or off form. He is a useful talisman but he makes a lot of mistakes at this level and is better as a Szmodics type of player than a midfielder. Played like this I agree that Sammie is missed less although our top scorer has err.....5 and by now Sammie would have as usual double that. We still have Chilvers to offer opportunities too and that M&T right back looked every bit as good as Jacko - who has been off-form [injured?] in recent weeks.

All in all a mid table game but to nick the points which on possession and effort during the final 10 mins of each half we just about deserved, is giving us all hope!
Thought Bramhall found a new gear in the last 15 minutes and almost out of sheer frustration at the one-way methodology. His driving runs reminded me of KVY and he should be encouraged to do more of them.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 11:45 - Dec 8 with 690 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 10:55 - Dec 8 by Moor_Pinot

Totally concur.
Agree that maybe Junior can be what we need - but maybe it is also Poku - but YES, without Senior. They do not work well together. Senior had a better game yesterday but was never MoM and frankly never 'works well' with any colleague at all. He is a spoiler of attacks and can't shoot. Nope, Norris is never going to get us out of this division, nor Robinson and Brown remains an enigma. He must be tried surely!? Sometime? Somehow?
I can dream......maybe we will sign Slew in January and give our forward line a shake up. I could see him getting on the end of some of Frank's wasted work.
I agree it was a poor game and the chances we missed were woeful............but like you the goal at the end changes one's perspective......for a while.
I too prefer Stevenson and Gambin on the pitch. Pell is either unfit or off form. He is a useful talisman but he makes a lot of mistakes at this level and is better as a Szmodics type of player than a midfielder. Played like this I agree that Sammie is missed less although our top scorer has err.....5 and by now Sammie would have as usual double that. We still have Chilvers to offer opportunities too and that M&T right back looked every bit as good as Jacko - who has been off-form [injured?] in recent weeks.

All in all a mid table game but to nick the points which on possession and effort during the final 10 mins of each half we just about deserved, is giving us all hope!
Thought Bramhall found a new gear in the last 15 minutes and almost out of sheer frustration at the one-way methodology. His driving runs reminded me of KVY and he should be encouraged to do more of them.

To me, what differentiates Poku from Senior is that Poku and Frank seem to have a very good understanding of each other, and link up very well. It was profoundly frustrating that Norris didn't square the ball instead of going for goal from a tight angle, but I have to also respect a striker's inherent selfish streak to go for glory, particularly having done all the hard work to get to that point - but if the match had finished 0-0 as a result...

Up the U's

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 11:56 - Dec 8 with 689 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 11:45 - Dec 8 by wessex_exile

To me, what differentiates Poku from Senior is that Poku and Frank seem to have a very good understanding of each other, and link up very well. It was profoundly frustrating that Norris didn't square the ball instead of going for goal from a tight angle, but I have to also respect a striker's inherent selfish streak to go for glory, particularly having done all the hard work to get to that point - but if the match had finished 0-0 as a result...

Still, 1 place and 1 point from the play-offs with a game in hand - I've had worse problems.

Up the U's

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 14:33 - Dec 8 with 673 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to hammer the Ammies at JSCS on 11:56 - Dec 8 by wessex_exile

Still, 1 place and 1 point from the play-offs with a game in hand - I've had worse problems.

Quite so Wessex, indeed.
The Christmas period - when we are useless under this management - may define a lot. The Cup will be out of the way presumably and the chance to sign a striker may present itself if Robinson and Brown..... and maybe others are unshipped.
On the face of it the next league fixtures are not too worrying if we play as we did at Mansfield and we are long overdue a win against Exeter.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024