Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper out 13:36 - Dec 8 with 18616 views34dfgdf54

Awful substitutions at half time.

Losing is fine but we are pathetic. Grimes captain, Peterson off half time for Dyer, no excuses.

Back to watching Cardiff fella
Cooper out on 10:54 - Dec 9 with 1922 viewsBryanSwan

When was the last time we played well?
I know we've managed to sneak results here and there, but even in those games we have looked the weaker side.
Hate to say it but i think the end is nigh for Cooper, unless he can find some sort of identity over the December & new year games.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cooper out on 11:25 - Dec 9 with 1875 viewsKGriz16

My issue with Cooper is it seems he's incapable of change. We've played the same tactics, roles etc and got the same dire performances and results continuously. Change it up.
Cooper out on 17:43 - Dec 9 with 1763 viewsSwanseaman

Cooper out on 17:24 - Dec 8 by Badlands

Francesco Guidolin was sacked on his birthday.
For me this was the lowest point in Swansea City's history since the Petty days.
What was more annoying was the three games before we'd been outstanding against City and Liverpool (at the time light years ahead of other teams) and the weeks of leaks from the club about him going.

Terrible

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Cooper out on 21:37 - Dec 9 with 1650 viewsOldjack

Borja and Celina not even in the squad ,no more to be said ,Copper is losing the plot

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cooper out on 21:40 - Dec 9 with 1638 viewsSwanjaxs

Cooper out on 10:54 - Dec 9 by BryanSwan

I know we've managed to sneak results here and there, but even in those games we have looked the weaker side.
Hate to say it but i think the end is nigh for Cooper, unless he can find some sort of identity over the December & new year games.

Fulham game before last 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cooper out on 21:45 - Dec 9 with 1621 viewssainthelens

New identity?
Have heard he's moonlighting as a Rob Beckett lookalike.
Cooper out on 07:40 - Dec 10 with 1516 views34dfgdf54

Cooper out on 21:37 - Dec 9 by Oldjack

Borja and Celina not even in the squad ,no more to be said ,Copper is losing the plot

Wouldn't surprise me at all if there has been a bust up with Celina, something not right there.
Cooper out on 09:25 - Dec 10 with 1441 viewsBryanSwan

Cooper out on 21:45 - Dec 9 by sainthelens

New identity?
Have heard he's moonlighting as a Rob Beckett lookalike.

As in the way we play, we dont pass the ball around, don't get in down the channels, don't play long.

Maybe he should follow that up as a potential career option.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper out on 09:38 - Dec 10 with 1429 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Cooper out on 09:25 - Dec 10 by BryanSwan

As in the way we play, we dont pass the ball around, don't get in down the channels, don't play long.

Maybe he should follow that up as a potential career option.

He had a good start but with no League experience, the fear was always how he could cope as the season went on with young players and a good first team but not a strong enough squad.

I have always said we would fade as the season went on, and the fatigue set in with three games in a week and cold wet Winter weather.

Mid-table safety would be a reasonable season now, but I do worry about next year, and with the lack of money and opportunity who could we get now that would be any better?

Personally I can't see Toshack being any better at all, just a like for like replacement we need someone with experience of managing a team at this level on a low budget, dare I say it someone like Neil Harris, but with a less route one style?
Cooper out on 10:47 - Dec 10 with 1377 viewsBadlands

Is he working for a big pay off when he's sacked in January?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper out on 11:00 - Dec 10 with 1361 viewssainthelens

Cooper out on 10:47 - Dec 10 by Badlands

Doubt he's made that big of impression to get a better job.
Cooper out on 11:04 - Dec 10 with 1358 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If he's due a big pay off he (and his backup team) won't be sacked.

The owners would then have to come up with another cheap option.

I don't think he'll be sacked unless we get within a handful of points of the relegation zone.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cooper out on 11:55 - Dec 10 with 1312 viewsjack247

Who Cooper? Of course not. Getting sacked in January would all but finish his career. He’d be back to age grade teams.

He’s just out of his depth and working with a limited squad.
Cooper out on 12:48 - Dec 10 with 1244 viewsThrasher6

I can see Andy Scott stepping in if he goes......

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cooper out on 13:25 - Dec 10 with 1186 views34dfgdf54

Cooper out on 12:48 - Dec 10 by Thrasher6

I can see Andy Scott stepping in if he goes......

it would surely be Toshack and Richards.

He won't be off anyway, but as someone said on here the other day, if we go a goal or two down in the next few home games the crowd will turn, big time.
Cooper out on 13:46 - Dec 10 with 1157 viewsBadlands

Cooper out on 13:25 - Dec 10 by 34dfgdf54

it would surely be Toshack and Richards.

He won't be off anyway, but as someone said on here the other day, if we go a goal or two down in the next few home games the crowd will turn, big time.

Not the way results have been going for he unders.
Curtis back with Britton and Rutledge taking on a coaching role.
Birch increasing his day to day work.

Cooper out on 14:14 - Dec 10 with 1135 views34dfgdf54

Cooper out on 13:46 - Dec 10 by Badlands

The u23s are full of kids at the moment though aren't they? Don't get me wrong I know very little about the side, but I've just looked into some of the side yesterday and the back 5 had an average age of 18.

I love Curtis as much as the next man but I'm not fancying him as manager. Despite the love in here for Birch, as it stands I wouldn't trust him to mow the lawn never mind increase his work load with the first team.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 14:14]
Cooper out on 15:19 - Dec 10 with 1062 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out on 13:46 - Dec 10 by Badlands

NO NO nO no no

Britton was a disaster last time remember, Curtis will not do it again

This would be worse than leaving Cooper and Marsh in charge.

what should be happening if Cooper is the problem is Curtis and Leon giving him some coaching where with the benefit of their experience they point out things that are gong wrong and what could be changed..there is a manager in Cooper but he is stlll raw ....

Problems he has are 1 coming form an International coaching background the process there is often to concnetrate on analysing the opposition and playing a team and tactics to contain /beat that team unlike club football or the Martinez view build a side to play a certain way ( he had no plan B either but his plan A was effective as it was a shock in the lower leagues at the time) concentrate on keeping the ball and scoring goals....then maybe analyse the opposition.
He is also "under pressure" to restore the "Swansea Way" but there never was a definitive Swansea Way as under Martinnez it was entertaining I will score more goals than you football ....possesion based...SOusa tightened us defensively then Brendan mixed that blend introducing the pressing off the ball and sideways/back passing whihc rarely happened under Roberto. Laudrup came along and with the addtion of Michu and Hernandez gave us that cuo winning season ans that 45 mins......and remeber it was only 45 minutes of that football against WBA.......we never quite managed it again.
Cooper is also trying to do all of this whilst the majority of his squad know their contracts are up at the end of this season..not a great environment in which to work.

As I keep saying we are 4 points better off than this time last year Potter encountered as similar run of results this time last year too...even with all his experience..and a more rounded squad....we do miss Dan and Oli, most teams doubled up on Dan freeing space for Celina and others whilst Oli was often to be found back in midfield huinting the ball which neither Borja or Ayew do.

I am also not saying that everything is rosy in the garden but to suggest replacing Cooper with Curt and Leon would be fraught with disaster.......better first use Curt nd Leon to coachj the coach......thats what happens with rookie managers in other walks of life
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 17:49]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper out on 15:30 - Dec 10 with 1037 viewsSwansea93

Birmingham home 3-0 passed it about brilliantly that day and finished the game with 70 plus % possession.

He's done abit of a Potter and started changing the team about not knowing his best team.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cooper out on 15:52 - Dec 10 with 1018 viewssainthelens

Cooper out on 15:30 - Dec 10 by Swansea93

Birmingham home 3-0 passed it about brilliantly that day and finished the game with 70 plus % possession.

He's done abit of a Potter and started changing the team about not knowing his best team.

I think he's changing the team cos we are playing 2 games a week. Thus it's showing how weak a squad we have.
Thought that was obvious.
Cooper out on 17:03 - Dec 10 with 957 viewsicecoldjack

I’m hopeful he’d cost us a small pay off due to his lack of experience, but you just never know with our lot .

Remember when Huw used to talk about how hard it was to sign players because of the relegation clauses we insisted on having in contracts ?

Not sure what happened there like.
Cooper out on 17:17 - Dec 10 with 938 viewsQJumpingJack

We have to stick with Cooper for the season. We can't keep chopping and changing.
We won't go down.

Although the club has a tradition of sacking in the month of December - Monk, Bradley and Clement have all departed in this month.

We must be a due a Chairman Update in relation to on/off the field activities.
Cooper out on 17:20 - Dec 10 with 935 viewsBadlands

Cooper out on 15:52 - Dec 10 by sainthelens

I think he's changing the team cos we are playing 2 games a week. Thus it's showing how weak a squad we have.
Thought that was obvious.

Quite a few comments bout how weak our squad is but it isn't we have at least 2 decent or good players in each position.
Grimes was good last season as was Grimes, Fulton had his moments and Carroll has Premier League experience.
Our inexperienced players are the kids who were brought in at the last transfer window with 4 being Coooper's choices.

Fulham and Huddersfield started with the same line up 3 days apart.

Cooper out on 17:23 - Dec 10 with 929 viewsDarran

Cooper out on 17:20 - Dec 10 by Badlands

Quite a few comments bout how weak our squad is but it isn't we have at least 2 decent or good players in each position.
Grimes was good last season as was Grimes, Fulton had his moments and Carroll has Premier League experience.
Our inexperienced players are the kids who were brought in at the last transfer window with 4 being Coooper's choices.

Fulham and Huddersfield started with the same line up 3 days apart.

Grimes was twice the player last season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cooper out on 17:40 - Dec 10 with 911 viewsvetchonian

Cooper out on 17:23 - Dec 10 by Darran

Grimes was twice the player last season.

at left back mostly

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024